Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Height of Social Grace

To Meret’s surprise a jazz quartet entered the stage area and started to warm up by playing frenetic riffs. It looked as though her wish for some dancing music had come to pass. She extended her hand to Lord Praxeum. “Show me your Hapan talents we can talk as we dance.” They moved to the dance floor and Meret began to apologize explain herself. “I am sorry about interrupting your conversation with the Viceroy, I am here to meet a Sith Lord. I am neutral and consider myself apolitical. I think you and I are similar, knowing that the Force exists but not knowing the details. I need to educate myself to protect myself.” The quartet began to play a spirited song but Praxeum and Meret stood close and did not join the other dances as she continued to speak to him. “The greatest discovery of the coming years will be spiritual. History teaches us that the Force is the greatest power in all of the galaxy. Some day people will learn that material things do not bring happiness and are of little use in making a man or a woman creative and powerful. When we study the Force the galaxy will more advancement in one generation more than it has in multiple generations.” She waited for him to take the lead in the dance or in replying to her philosophical babbling.
@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

Her listened closely to Meret's words as they moved towards the dance floor. She only had a vague understanding of the Force, as did Praxeum, and she also did not align herself politically. All of this told Praxeum, he might could be able to work with her. His first impression was that she was too smart and cunning to be taken over as a part of his network so easily. She was a beautiful woman with plenty of brains, one of the most deadly things in the galaxy. However, Praxeum felt like he could still create another ally out of the night. And maybe, later, she would slip up and Praxeum could strike then. He had made many powerful people through the galaxy under his thumb by finding their biggest pressure points.

Praxeum ignored the first part of Meret's revelation in the Force. Praxeum knew that he had capabilities in the Force, but had never sought out any type of training. Really, he could only use it to detect small emotions and people's intentions. He often had thought about seeking out training one day. For a man who hated dull, boring, mundane existence, reaching out to a supernatural power inside of him would strike his fancy. However, he had more important things for now. He had his web, his control to consider.

Finally, as Meret began to talk about the idea of removing themselves from caring about physical possessions and tuning in to the Force, Praxeum took her hand and placed his other hand on her hip, moving her in closer to him. He was like a surgeon wielding his blade, placing his hands were she would feel most vulnerable to him. This certain woman seemed strong, not likely to fall prey to Praxeum's Hapan features or seduction that often got him the results he wanted, but perhaps there would be other ways.

"That is one possibility." Praxeum's voice danced into Meret's ear the same way Praxeum lead her on the dance floor. "One might argue that the Force is what keeps back the same progression you claim. Keeping Jedi and Sith stuck in their traditions. Mostly violent and bloody ones that wrap up an entire galaxy in what anyone else would call a religious war."

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

The spirited dance steps complicated their movements. Meret’s clingy red dress clung to Praxeum’s pant leg drawing her closer to him. He was interesting, handsome and a very good dancer. She decided to impose her thoughts on him an see if he would respond. In her mind she saw him flick his wrist, initiating a spin. She twirled away from his body. With another flick of his wrist she spun back into his arms. She saw him kiss her shoulder as her frosted white fur fell to the floor.

His hands were all over her body but her thoughts were all over his mind. She spoke directly into his ear as the music faded into the background. Their bodies moved intuitively by feeling the vibrations of the instruments. “What a clever possibility! I like the way you think. I do hate their gratuitous acts of violence. But I still need to ensure my safety. Body guards? Training…” She looked into his intense eyes and waited… “Can you assist me?”

7d7a8dfd6cc27daabff66021946c8e30.jpg

@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

She certainly was smart, which always made for fun evenings. The dull routine of dealing with idiots and those all interested in what they saw in front of them was all Praxeum felt like he had dealt with. So, whenever someone came to break that mold, he took notice. The pace of the music sped as their danced as their bodies continued their moves against one another. His dark eyes were on her light blue ones, both reading the smallest details of the other. Praxeum had learned control of his body though, to show what he wanted to and what he needed. He was no fighter, but he had learned to use his body as a weapon all the same. In this instance, his hands moved across her, keeping her body entwined with his own frame. They were firmly pressed against her, just enough that it would be considered him leading the dance, but to him it was him showing he was leading the dance they were doing not on the dance floor.

"I am simply a businessman." Praxeum said, smiling devilishly to her. If Meret were anywhere near as smart as Praxeum knew she was, she knew that wasn't the case. He often got a thrill of hinting to those he played with that he was more than what he claimed. However, he made sure that there was no way he could ever be connected with any of his crimes. "But I can give you a number someone gave me. Back on Hapes, there was a terrorist organization that tried to claim my life, so I found a group of bounty hunters that I hired for some time." Some of this was true, some of it was bending the truth, and some of it was lies. There was a political organization back on Hapes that had tried to kill Praxeum, causing the limp in his right leg that he used the Force to hide, but the connection Meret would get would be a part of his own criminal network. She would get bodyguards and he would figure out a way to bring her into his collection of Force user. He, of course, would be hidden in the center of the web, while she would dangle far from him, not knowing who spun the web.

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

Meret felt the warmth of his hands on her body; she inhaled his body scent which was intoxicating. He treated her like a woman, not a politician or contractor. She sensed he was a dangerous businessman not simply a businessman. “Bounty Hunters?” She felt a cold chill go down her spine. “I need someone who is loyal to a point where they would put their life on the line for me.” Her mouth expressed her disappointment. He gave her no spin ad no kiss on the shoulder. The dance was over.

Meret secured the jewel claps on her white fur and thank Praxeum and started back to the table “I am sure the Viceroy is curious where we disappeared to.” Suddenly, Meret stopped and turned to face him. “Thank you for the dance. It felt good to be in the arms of a man once again.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom