Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Height of Social Grace

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

Viceroy Loki Heidrun stood among some of the wealthiest beings in the Confederacy in a lavish hotel on Bothuwai. It was a party in honor of the Confederacy's most recent victories in the former Sith Territories, even though most of the beings in the room had little to do with said victories. Bastards. No vision, most of them.

That was how Loki viewed them anyway, the ones born into wealth who had little drive beyond keeping their credits. When power was the true ticket. The men and women who'd be remembered in the history holo books.

The true key to immortality.

Loki drunk the wine he had and offered the fools false smiles and words, keeping his true feelings to himself. Hopefully someone more interesting would show up and provide an answer to the question for why he'd shown up to mingle.

Arriving quietly through security checkpoints, Praxeum was able to move into the hotel like a shadow. Governments, businesses, organizations. They all had their worries. Their dread of war. Stap moved their barriers and lines as if they didn't exist. Despite the rumors circulating about his affiliation with The New Republic, he was welcome with open arms to this gathering of some of the most powerful members of the CIS. This is how he moved through the galaxy. Like a spider in the center of a web. Each thread was perfectly aligned, perfectly balanced.

Grabbing a glass of wine as he moved through the crowd, the sea of faces blurred together. His eyes were dead, like a shark as he walked around. Each of them wanted something from him. Some wanted business. Some simply wanted his attention. Each of them shined to him like a list of their weakest points were flashing all around them. Sipping his glass of red wine, like a predator drinking blood while waiting to attack.

He could almost feel them underneath his feet as he walked.

He had an agenda, but even that couldn't excited him today. He needed to play.

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

As a Bothan Viceroy rambled on about his "hidden" network of spies Loki took it upon himself to take in the newer faces in the room. He recognized all but one. A new fish in the pond?

No.

The eyes told a different tale, whoever this man was, he was a killer. An opportunist. Someone who took risks when necessary and knew when to back off.

Probably.

A shark.

Loki excused himself from the mindless prattle and picked a drink off of a nearby tray before approaching the stranger.

"Hello, nice to see a new face at one of these blasted events." Loki said with an apparent contempt as he offered the stranger the glass.

Setting down his glass on the nearest table, Praxeum saw a man approaching him. Typical, but this one had different heat in his eyes. Entertainment? The best kind. The kind that shouldn't be played with. Which only made Praxeum more interested. He looked him over, his face seemed to strike up Praxeum's memory. He was important enough that Praxeum knew him, but had been off of his radar so far. After looking at him for a moment, he answered,

"I try to make a good impression where I go." It seemed pleasant, in his mind it had a sarcastic tone. He was battle ready. He always was, but when he met someone that he suspected might actual be a distraction from dull existence, it was like heat flooded through his body.

"Stap Praxeum." He said calm and charming, but it was like a war cry to him. Saying his name as he circled his prey.

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

"Don't we all." Loki replied with a grin.

Ah. So this was the Hapan upstart his Republic contacts had been bustling about. Praxeum had apparently built an arms company capitalizing on his government's current expansionist policies. His people loved him but there were nasty rumors going about of some unsavory deals he may or may not be making on the side.

Rumors that were probably true.

Reminded him a bit of himself.

"Ah Mr. Praxeum. I've heard a lot about you from my Republican friends. Congratulations."

"I'm here tonight representing BlackGuard Defense Systems." Praxeum said, though the truth only glimmered in that. He was a face of the company, even a face of Hapan culture, but he represented nothing but his own desires and ambitions. He had investments in The New Republic, but he pledged no true allegiance but to himself. To his network. His carefully constructed system of power and crime. He never was implicated. Never able to be pinned to anything. Those on power knew he was to be respected to the point of fear, rumors circulated around him, but the same as all celebrities. He made sure he couldn't be touched.

"What brings you here tonight?" Praxeum, which caused a chuckle from the CIS representative. "You don't strike me as someone who comes to an event ill-prepared." He said with a smile. Normally, such trivial conversation would make Praxeum want to jump out a window. But this man sparked an interest in him. "Perhaps to gain a foothold in his rising company?" Praxeum said, pointing towards a businessman named Eluni Pa'twi whose company had recently taken control of enough small weapons contracts that it had amount to a rather sizable profit. "Or to hear his old war stories?" He said, pointing to a man well known to ramble about his time as solider, where he sat on the side lines, which caused the politician to laugh. "Or maybe some company?" Praxeum said, looking over to some of the beautiful woman walking throughout the hall. Leaning in closer, Praxeum whispered as if he was the devil resting on Loki's shoulder, "I like that one."

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

Praxeum was a strange one. Attempting not so subtle manipulation, towards Loki of all people! This did cause Loki to chuckle and raise his eyebrow. It was slightly irritating, being eyed like the other sheep about but there was enough to gain from this conversation that he wouldn't simply leave it. He had a plan for this one.

"Business would be the best description for why I'm here." Loki said, holding the smile.

"What about you Mr. Praxeum? What brings you to CIS Space?"

He needed a foothold, something to gain. A prize to be won in this conversation.

"BlackGuard is looking to help the Confederacy's efforts and defense." Praxeum said, his voice like silk. "I am here to make sure we can all be friends." He said, raising his glass up as a toast.

Praxeum had plans in the works, but he didn't need to give them a second thought. Never directly involved, unless he chose to be, Praxeum was simply another guest.

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Stap Praxeum"]

"Perhaps. I have friends who'd be interested in Republic weapons, it may open further opportunities as well, more.... Profitable arrangements." Loki said, putting emphasis on the words further and profitable.

Allowing the implications to sink in, which if the man lived up to his rumors he most certainly would.

A snow white fur rested on her bare shoulders. A wine red gown clung to her sensuous body; the soft fabric moved as she walked defining her legs and hips. She was looking for a Sith Master for an very important project. She stop and grabbed a glass of something with bubbles from a tray being carried through the ballroom. Her brief stop made it appear that she was eavesdropping. Meret immediately began apologizing to Viceroy Heidrun and Lord Praxeum. " I didn't hear anything about Black Guard or arms, may I introduce myself Meret Blackmoon, Governor of Endor. I am here to introduce myself you know politics..." She shut up and sipped her drink.

Praxeum looked over to Loki, showing a grin.

"Cheers." Praxeum said, raising his glass. "To a long partnership." This is what he searched for, craved for. Inlets. More threads to spread across his growing web. Then, unexpectedly, a woman turned to them.

"Meret Blackmoon." Stap acknowledged. "Stap Praxeum of Hapes." He said in response.

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]
@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @[member="Stap Praxeum"]

"May the Gods look favorably." Loki said, raising the glass in turn.

Good. That had been relatively simple, now the only thing left to do was discuss specifics.

"Hello Governor, Viceroy Loki Heidrun of Tarstun." Loki said with a nod.

When Praxeum introduced himself his words brought a slight smile to Meret's face. She thought of her favorite dance the Hapan Tango. Those Hapan men always handsome, intriguing. "Do you tango? oh please forgive me I do appreciate the cultural aspects of the Hapan culture." She looked at Praxeum and Loki and spoke softly "There is a possibility that I could use your services. I represent a group of non Force users and we are looking to procure some protection. If you have any sources? connections? contacts? I would like to talk to them." Meret scanned Loki from his toes to his eyes...He does not look as though he tangos.

Downing his drink, he set the glass onto the table as he smiled at the woman's words. He didn't know what to think of her. He had heard of the Governor of Endor, but had never met her. She carried herself powerfully and she was beautiful, but beyond that he wasn't sure what to think of her. Still smiling, he looked at her,

"I wouldn't be much of a Hapan if I couldn't." Praxeum said to her playfully. He toyed with her like a animal. "As for protection, I am simply a businessman. I can supply weapons, but I can't do much for security. I can, however, recommend the security forces I use." Praxeum made a mental note to connect Meret with someone along his network. Possibly a way to gain the upper hand. Always good to have powerful friends. Like his new CIS friend, Loki.

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

"If they play some music at this stuffy event maybe we can dance. Do you dance Viceroy? The dance floors of Naboo are infamous for deals being cut as couples quick stepped and pivoted. Her wide-eyed innocence was merely a smoke screen for her calculating mind. Meret had played a man's game for ten years now. She didn't not follow the rules but change the rules to suit her needs. It was indeed a game. "I have no need for weapons. I need a body guard." She winked at Loki "Maybe I could teach you a dance?" Meret asked both gentlemen a question mentally. Are you a Sith Lord?. She watched their faces, their expressions. Her eyes focused on their mouths to see who would respond.

Loki Heidrun

L
@[member="Stap Praxeum"] @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

"Not normally." Loki replied with a grin before a question carved it's way into his mind. It caused the Viceroy to raise an eyebrow. It seemed as though Governor Blackmoon had just made a bit of a large mistake, given the current status of Sith throughout the galaxy. If he wanted to he could probably have her in chains within the hour.

"And why would you ask a question like that?" Loki said aloud, eyeing the young woman as he did.

Meret squinted her eyes at the Viceroy and replied "Because I like to dance and there is not a better way to find out whom you are dealing with. A dance is a physical connection to the person. Dancing with me, I can will feel your body temperature, pulse, heart rate. I can see what excites you. I can observe your physiological responses, your pupils dilated or contracted, do I make you uncomfortable?" Her eyes shifted to Praxeum and took his hand. His body temperature was slightly elevated. Meret's fingers found his radial pulse and it too was slightly elevated. "Lord Praxeum, maybe slightly harder to read but I know that he is responsive to a woman's touch." She moved her hand away from Praxeum's wrist and sipped on her effervescent drink. " I still need a body guard."

He had been rattled. Nothing rattled him. Ever.

A voice expanded inside his skull and rang out. A question that seemed to rise out of thin air. Are you a Sith Lord? It took him only a moment to realize that Meret had asked the question. His understanding of the Force was extremely vague, really only knowing enough about it to read other people's auras, so it surprised him when that the Governor could communicate like that. He wasn't sure how to respond though, though he thought she was smart enough to notice his internal dialogue.

This had, however, set him up so that he was unprepared. Nothing made him not prepared, except it would seem, The Force. He made a note that he needed to learn more about this mysterious power so that he can better control it. But the lady had taken his wrist, his pulse already elevated while figuring out what had been going on, this only made it worse. Praxeum could also kill himself for such a simple mistake. He was power and fear, controlling a criminal syndicate that was slowly reaching throughout the galaxy - but this unknown, The Force, was throwing him off.

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

" Gentlemen, you just experienced a small experiment on my part...just a short time ago a rogue Jedi gave me a gift. It was the ability to block my thoughts from the Sith. He must have given me the ability to transmit my thoughts to others. Yes, I am looking for a Sith Lord. I was hoping that one of you was a Sith. I am sorry for the intrusion. I am on a quest." She waited for a response. Meret's time was growing short.

He kept his eyes on her. There was power within her, this mysterious Force that he had barely showing in him, she controlled it. Sith, the idea liberated him. He saw their thirst for control and power and knew that was the same hold that grabbed his heart. He had seriously considered joining them. However, his business was cornerstone to his current plans and it was in Republic controlled space. He couldn't risk any information of involvement with the Sith to be slipped to the public. His own criminal network he can control. Keeping himself distanced and having his puppets on the end of their strings. As a Sith, he would need to be physically with the Sith enough that problems could slip. He also did not want to involve himself in the constant war between Jedi and Sith. He had other goals that he didn't want someone else giving him orders. It might be something that his plans could later indulge, but for now, he would gain his power another way. A Sith, however, can be a valuable asset for what he planned.

He had to be delicate though, he was in the middle of the CIS. Plus, he didn't know if this woman sought out a Sith because they were allies or if she was against the Sith.

"That is a rather valuable gift." He said, congratulatory.

@[member="Loki Heidrun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom