Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE LEAF ON THE WIND, AMANI'S SHIP
ENROUTE TO ALDERAAN
As much as Alicio had tried to brood on his way to Alderaan, the children had other ideas.

He tried not to show his poor mood around them- they didn't need to share in their father's worry, his sadness. But they picked up on it regardless, and being the little helpers that they were, the little half-Mirialans decided to do something about it. August and Liana approached their dad in the common area, with sly smiles on their faces.

At first, the toddlers attempted to ambush their father in a tackling hug, which devolved into a few minutes of struggle. But they quickly changed their tune as Alicio got the upper hand on both of them, and began his tickling frenzy. The little family laughed with, and at, each other for a while, enjoying each other's company, until the twins admitted their defeat, and both asked to watch videos on Alicio's datapad.

And that was how they finally ended up, the three of them sitting down on a bench, Lia and Aug leaning against his shoulders, all watching a children's cartoon on his work device. Every once in a while, the program would ask a question, and the kids would venture a guess, with mixed results. All three of them were smiling. Even Alicio, who couldn't keep the pull of a smirk from the corner of his mouth, despite the gravity of the day

Eventually, Alicio handed Liana his datapad, and gave both Organas a quick peck on the forehead, before standing up to find Amani. Recent events had... thrown Alicio's plans for the future off-course. For the first time in years, the Alderaanian was unsure of what would come next, for him and his family.

They had... a lot to talk about.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Amani had mostly been working in the cockpit for the early portion of their journey. She had just stepped out into the lounge area when Alicio had gotten up to find her. "Ope," She stopped abruptly to avoid bumping into him as she rounded the corner. The kids seemed content, for now. Amani couldn't help but wonder how long it would be until August became dissatisfied with how Liana was holding the screen, or Liana chose to hog it for herself, and things spiraled from there.

"Hey," She greeted her husband softly, looking around at the space, "Wanna talk?" Amani could tell pretty easily what was on his mind.

A smile twinkled in Alicio's eyes. "'Ope' yourself," he said, though his joking tone wasn't enough to completely cover the worry written across his face.

Flicking his eyes towards the currently-cohabitating children, Alicio leaned back against the doorframe, his hands fidgeting against each other. He naturally found his wedding ring, which he began to slowly rotate around his finger. Even with his synthetic right hand, the sensation of cool metal against his skin was... calming.

"Mmm-hmm." His expression was labyrinthian, complex. He couldn't begin to categorize everything he was feeling. It was hard enough deciding how to start.

"Um... We..." He paused, pondering his word choice for a moment, before continuing. "We probably won't spend much time on Coruscant as a family anymore... huh?"

"You're the headmaster of the Vonnuvi Enclave. They need you there to steward them, keep things running smoothly. And Alderaan needs at least one of us to be present most of the time, to make good on the promises of the royal house."
He pursed his lips, his speech slow with thought. The most prevalent emotion on his mind made itself apparent; concern.

"I don't... know how we're going to have time. For family dinners. Or... quiet date nights. Or tucking the kids into bed." He'd said himself, before they had the twins, that he didn't want to be like his father. That he wanted to be present in his childrens' lives. And now, with all the responsibilities they had...

"I'm worried, love."

Alicio had been thinking. Much more than usual. It wasn't hard to gather why. Amani had been doing much of the same. Coruscant, it seemed, was in the rear view mirror. With all their duties in all different places, navigating between them would be a challenge in and of itself. Amani couldn't very well just up and leave the NJO, not at a time like this. But her fellow Council members might have to expect more holocalls than physical appearances. Alicio's schedule wasn't any easier. If anything, he had more holding him back. The prospect of them being apart immediately brought a frown to Amani's face.

"They… The Enclave has run itself without me for most of its tenure." She tried to explain, "I-It's getting bigger, so, I'll probably be needed… more. But— I'm not going anywhere." It felt selfish. But that's what they agreed to wasn't it? To be just a little selfish? "Not for good, anyway." Amani offered a reassuring smile, then sighed, "I guess that doesn't solve all our problems, though."

"I don't... know how we're going to have time. For family dinners. Or... quiet date nights. Or tucking the kids into bed."

"We'll make time. We'll make a new home for ourselves on Alderaan. The Jedi, the Alliance, they can survive a few long-distance meetings. Right?"

"I'm not going anywhere."

Alicio sighed through his nose, letting a little tension go along with it. It was a relief to hear her say it. Maybe a self-centered relief, but relief nonetheless. Still, Amani went on to state what he'd been thinking. It didn't solve all their problems.

Already in the background, August was beginning to whine at Lia about holding it closer. Alicio spared the twins a look, a newly-spoken worry evident on the lines of his face. "I'm sure the Council won't mind having Holo-Amani in attendance. And I can phone into a few meetings." He didn't like the idea. But the alternative, being constantly away from his family, was far worse.

"Annnd... When we both have to leave, you can take the kids with you on the Vonnuvi, or I can drop them off at the Jedi Temple when I go to the Assembly. I don't want to isolate them from the Jedi. I also don't want to... leave them on Alderaan without us." He was a worrier. It came to him as naturally as breathing.

"Maybe it's odd to say, but... despite the difficulties of living there, I'm truly going to miss Coruscant." Alicio smiled cathartically, looking back at Amani. "We've made a lot of good memories at our apartments."

Amani nodded in agreement. Jedi were off on missions all the time. This didn't have to be much different. And Alicio was hardly the first royal to still hold a senate seat. Surely they could work this out. The more she dwelled on it, the more she realized she was just trying to comfort herself into assurance. As she then admitted, there wasn't exactly a cure-all. There would be road bumps aplenty regardless of the freedom their jobs permitted. "Agreed. I just hope they can get used to all the movement." It wasn't a total removal from the life they knew, but it would be a big change, and an inconsistent one at that. But they still had their parents, and Amani hoped that would be enough of a guiding star to save them from the brunt of moving.

"Yeah… Me too," She wouldn't have expected to catch herself saying that some years ago. But the apartment had Coruscant had really become a home to them. After all that time, it had shaped into something all their own, chock full of familial memories. "We made it special," She affirmed the part they played in that happening, and glanced back at the kids, "It's where they grew up," Her smile then turned impish, and she rapped a few fingers against Alicio's chest, "You and I made some pretty good memories on our own, too…"

Alicio puckered the corner of his mouth. "We moved around a lot when I was young. I grew accustomed to it, but... I was thankful for the stability when our family found some. I just wish... they didn't have to." The twins were now having a discussion about who should get to hold the datapad. It was time to see if they had either of their parent's conflict-resolution skills. As toddlers, it was highly unlikely.

Alicio was the sentimental sort. He had always imagined that places, in particular, held memories in their walls. The Organas had made it special. He knew better than to mourn the distance- why should he feel sad about it, with Amani and the children right here- but he couldn't help but feel he was losing some part of them by giving them up.

Amani was quick to distract him from that line of reasoning, as Alicio was suddenly entertained by a cheeky glint in her eye, and a few suggestive taps on his chest. "I... suppose we did." He leaned down a little, bringing their faces just a little closer. "But I'm sure we can make some new memories on Alderaan. As a family, and... just the two of us..." The former Count released a shallow smirk.

But it quickly fell, replaced with thought.

"And... you're sure you'll be happy like this?"

"I'm sure we could…" Amani grinned, before letting the glint in her eye retreat once more. She too felt a sense of nostalgia for old and precious things. Perhaps it was homesickness, in this case. Being on the go opened up many opportunities, but it could be difficult without a place to plant your roots. Even just knowing it was there to come back to made all the difference. Hopefully Alderaan could offer that to them as well.

"And... you're sure you'll be happy like this?"

Amani's expression twisted. She didn't exactly want to be Queen. Nor did Alicio want to be King, for that matter. But they had the duty to see it through. What was it they say about those with the least desire to lead being the most qualified to do so? She just hoped that was true, for both their sakes and for Alderaan's sake. Otherwise, why were they here?

"As long as we're all together, I'll be happy," Amani nodded. She could shoulder the added responsibilities and expectations, so long as her family was behind her. And speaking of the family behind her, whines had started to emanate from August and Liana, who were both now trying to take hold of the datapad.

Alicio saw how Amani's expression changed as he asked if she would be happy.

They'd talked about their feelings about the appointment enough. He knew they would both be... less happy. Yes, they had been a Jedi Councilmember and a Senator, a Master and a Count, but they'd gotten away with their home life being small and private. That wasn't the case anymore.

Which would be difficult, for people who's dream houses were both cozy cabins in the countryside.

"As long as we're all together, I'll be happy."

"We'll make it work." He held out hope of that much.

Of course, the twins started arguing behind them both. Alicio looked back, having realized that their truce to cheer up their father had to end eventually. He looked to the new Queen of Alderaan, jutting his head towards the direction of the feuding siblings. "Do you want to handle that, Mom? I'll get us the rest of the way to Alderaan."

"We will," Amani affirmed, holding onto that same hope.

The twins by now were fulling complaining at one another. Amani sighed, and fell on the grenade, "Want to? Not exactly," She smirked, "But I will." She approached them, and took the datapad, which was being used as a tug-of-war rope up to that point. They both whined when she took it. Mom knelt down and gave them a stern look, "What's the problem?"

"August tried to take the-"

"But she, but she, she would't let me-"

"It was mine! Daddy gave it to-"

"I wanted to see-"

"Stop." Amani said, "If you can't watch the video nicely together, then neither of you can watch it."

"No!"

"Liana. You need to share the screen with your brother so he can see it too."

"…Okay."

"August. You need to ask nicely when you can't see. Not just try and take it from her."

"But… Okay."

"Good. And if your twin still isn't being nice to you after? What do you do instead of fight?"

"Tell Mommy or Daddy."

"Good. Now, what do you say to each other?"

"Sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"For not sharing the screen with you."

"August?"

"Sorry for trying to take it from you."

The siblings hugged it out, and with the datapad returned, made another go at peacefully sharing the video.

"Thank you, love." Before condemning Amani to damage control, Alicio stepped close, and let his lips press against her forehead. He lingered at the doorway for a moment, watching as she took control of the situation with a light smirk, before turning to the cockpit.

They would make it work.
Alicio-Divider.png

A crowd had gathered around the palace.

The Leaf touched down in a cleared, private landing pad, lowering the exit ramp to let the new royal family disembark. Across the way, hundreds, if not thousands, of Alderaanian citizens, held back by bowl-helmed guards, roared their support. Despite their distance, the cheering of the populace was loud enough for Alicio to taste it.

He was the first to step off the freighter, and after a moment of cowed hesitation, he raised a gentle hand to them. The crowd only got louder. August was close on Alicio's tail, holding onto the edges of his coat.

"They're loud."

"It's because they like us." Alicio let his hand drop, to rest on August's head. "And they want to make us feel welcome."

"Oh. Okay!" The new prince peeked out from behind his father, and waved too. "Hiiiii!"

Alicio looked to Amani and Liana, taking August's hand. "Let's head inside. Lots of things to see."

The voices of the crowd could almost be felt thrumming against the hull of the ship as it landed. Amani and Liana stepped out, and the sound boomed clearly. The royals of Alderaan maintained a strong favor from their subjects for years, thanks to the judicious governance of Organas past. Even as Count and Countess, this family in particular had the adoration of many for their youth and wholesome romance. The sight of the children made the crowd even more excited. Liana held her hands up to her ears, trying to block out the sound, "Shhh!" She futilely tried to demand the crowd.

Amani just chuckled and waved to the people, before leading Lia ahead with the boys, "Busy day. C'mon, it'll be quieter inside." The palace was a grandiose old thing. It was hard to believe it was about to become their home.

Many of Aldera's buildings were made of gleaming white metal, soaring into the sky with daring elegance. The royal palace was just as graceful, but more grounded, and constructed of a mix of swooping architecture, and solid marble. The inside was no exception, lit by warm colors, despite the spotless white aesthetic. The grand foyer, ringed by shining columns and decorated with the looping symbol of House Organa, was enormous, leading into various conjoining hallways and hidden rooms.

Alicio's lip thinned with thought. He'd been here the most, out of all the Organas. It was only fair he gave the tour. But before he did, he tightened his grip on August's hand, sensing his immediate need to dash towards the open space. August whined a little, but conceded after a moment of tugging.

"Well, this is it." Alicio looked back at Amani and the twins, putting on a brave face. "There's the throne room, the grand ballroom, an indoor garden, a kitchen with cooks on staff, the master bedroom, enough sleeping arrangements to hold an entire Great House, each with an adjoining study and a dedicated office... the list goes on." The more he talked, the less excited the nobleman seemed to be.

"What do we want to see first?"

The royal palace was splendorous is size and style, fully befitting of a queen and king. Amani still didn't really envision herself as a queen, and she suspected Alicio didn't quite see himself as a king either. Nonetheless, all of this had been granted to him. It was a funny contrast in her mind; when one was at their most rich and powerful, they seemed to get a lot more things for free. Would've been nice to have back on Tython, now she almost felt guilty laying claim to it all. The kids were by far the most eager, and Amani supposed she could find some comfort in that; Knowing the kids would have a nice upbringing. Then it was just a matter of making sure they didn't grow up spoiled in the process.

"This is it, huh," Amani managed a slight smirk at the idea of downplaying the palace's grandiosity. It had a lot to offer. The indoor garden certainly got Amani's attention (Although she frankly would've preferred an outdoor one. Then again this seemed like the kind of place that would have multiple gardens anyway). The kids were practically bouncing up and down, eager to explore the new space.

"I wanna see my bedroom!" Liana said.

"Yeah!" August seemed to agree.

"This is it, huh,"

Alicio flashed an amused smile Amani's way. "Our humble abode."

Despite his... conflicted feelings... on the subject of their new residence, the childrens' enthusiasm was enough to brighten his mood. "Alright, alright. Follow me. And stay close. This is a big place, so I don't want you two to get lost."

After a moment of thought, Alicio picked a hallway, and started walking, finally letting go of August's hand. The walls were decorated with more banners and colors, but art pieces and expensive vases had begun to populate the area. Alicio gave a worried look to Amani- they would likely have to move anything they didn't want a toddler breaking out of harm's way.

Soon enough, they made it to a series of large doors. With a pause, Alicio pushed it open, to reveal an expansive bedroom within. Of course, there was an enormous bedframe, with draped curtains surrounding it for privacy, with what looked to be a few adjoining rooms- bathroom, study, closet... second closet?... Along with connected, smaller rooms, both small and refurbished in advance for children.

This one room was nearly as large as their previous apartment, but mostly bare, almost naked. That was a small comfort to Alicio. At least they could still decorate, make it feel a little more like home.

August and Liana both dashed into the room. Auggie was first to try to climb onto their parents' bed, while Liana was already running towards one of the childrens' rooms to claim for herself. Alicio stayed at the entrance, and subtly bumped his wife with his hip.

"Mmm. Nice bed. Looks... sturdy." He kept his face cheekily neutral.

Last edited:
The interior of the palace felt endless. It would take some time for Amani to get used to navigating it, let alone the kids. In the process they had some work to do; Namely, making sure nothing valuable and breakable was within reach of the twins and their antics. Amani noted it at the same time Alicio, matching the look he gave her.

The bedrooms were all close together down the same hall. Equally grand as the rest of the house, tho noticeably less furbished. Once again, like her husband, Amani felt a similar sense of comfort in its austerity. It wasn't merely a void, it was a blank canvas, waiting for them to add their personal touches. The kids bolted off to explore, while mom and dad stuck to the entryway. A bump against her hip and a sly whisper brought a grin to the mirialan's face. She leaned over, and teased Alicio with a breath against is ear, "Guess we'll have to put that to the test, hm?"

Liana ran back in shortly after, pointing in the direction she came, "This one is my room!"

"Guess we'll have to put that to the test, hm?"

Alicio couldn't keep a charmed smile from breaking his facade. "As my Queen commands," he replied, restraining himself from saying more, for the childrens' sake.

Speaking of which, Lia was quick to return, planting her metaphorical flag in the dirt. Alicio had been mildly worried August would contest her for the sake of being contrarian, but he was too busy finally rolling up onto the fittingly royal sleeping arrangements of the new King and Queen of Alderaan. "Good job, lovely. Let's go see it." With a gentle pace, Alicio held Liana's hand, and led her back into the room.

It were smaller, and just as blank as the royal bedroom. A grand canvas for 'baby's first self-expression', Alicio thought. "This is your first time having your own room, Lia," Alicio noted, in case that fact had been lost on her. "What do you want in it?"

Meanwhile, August truly was putting his parents' bed 'to the test', by bouncing up and down, giggling. "This is my bed, Mommy," he asserted, letting himself fall into the cushy mattress.

He hadn't rushed off to claim a room, because he'd claimed this one.

Lia led her father into her now-claimed bedroom. It was similar sparse, waiting to be decorated. Alicio had asked what she wanted in it, and by the Force he would hear all of it. She blinked, then seemed to make the realization that she was in fact getting her own space, "I want— I want a big, big purple blanket on my bed. And I want all my stuffed aminals on my bed. Or, wait, I want my big ones to sleep in their own corner over there," She pointed to an empty space opposite where her bed was, "And I want to put all my drawings on the wall. And I want a whole bunch of colors to draw with. I want purple, I want blue, I want red, I want…" And on she went, filling the space with anything and everything she could think of.

Back in the master bedroom, August was happily jumping up and down atop the mattress, staking his own claim here, "Oh really?" Amani said playfully, "Dad and I can't fit in the kid beds, so we need this one." She approached the edge, then hopped onto it beside him, causing the prince to spring into the air briefly. "Don't you think you'd like having your own room better?"

Alicio nodded thoughtfully with Lia as she rattled off her ideas for her room, letting his eyes trace the walls as he imagined the space alongside her. He let his princess continue on uninterrupted, occasionally punctuating her brainstorming session with low hums and affirmations, to make sure she knew he was listening, until she was out of ideas.

"That all sounds great, Lia." Alicio let a hand ruffle the top of her head, casting a mischievous smile down at her. "I think we can find a way to make it work. Maybe we can even find some new aminals for you, too."

"Then, you can help your mother and I decorate our room."

Meanwhile, August seemed reluctant to accept the fact his parents needed a bed that fit them. "Okaaaaay..." he said, sounding a little disappointed. His fallen crest didn't last long, however, as he was sent into the air by Amani. He immediately squealed in terror and elation, falling back onto the bed with a fit of giggles.

"Don't you think you'd like having your own room better?"

August thought about that for a moment, crawling over to his mom on the bed. "Well... maybe you and me and Daddy can have this room." It seemed like he didn't like the idea of sleeping alone.

"Yes," Liana affirmed, "You get me more aminals, and I help you and mommy decorate your room." Her matter-of-fact confidence couldn't be denied. A businesswoman in the making. She meandered around the room, humming a discordant tune, until she sat back on the bed, "Will we ever go back to our old home?" She asked.

"Hmmm, I see…" It was easy to pick up on her son's concern. He wouldn't exactly be the first child to ever be afraid of sleeping in a room by themself. It would just take some getting used to.

"You know sooner or later everyone grows up to have their very own room," She started, running fingers through his hair, "But tell you what— I'll still tuck you in every night, just like before. And I'll stay with you 'till you fall asleep. How's that sound?" Hopefully that would be an amenable middle ground to him. "And if I can't, then Daddy will instead. Or…" She trailed off, unsure of what else to say. Amani couldn't promise that she'd be there every night. Or even that dad would be there every night. As much as she wished their lives could be that easy. Hopefully they at least had awhile before things got complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom