Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Heavy Ion Pulse Canon Taurus Mk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
mark-tome-9.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ion canon
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Extreme
  • Ammunition Type: Gas Canisters
  • Ammunition Capacity: 4 shots/reload

• Reload Speed: Average
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power:Very High
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Residual EMP effect: The blasts of this canon have a minimal EMP effect , due to its high electrical charge and high heat.
  • Firing strength modularity: These canons can have their firing strength adjusted with increments of 25% allowing for the shots to be meassured between shieldstunning blasts to devastating bombardments.
Strengths:

• Shieldbuster: This type of canon is known to more rapidly drain shield generator's power due to its risidual EMP effect and high electrical charge especially in comparison to conventional weaponry.
  • Secondary damage: with its EMP effect and its already high power potential, ships may experience fallouts, malfunctioning or even complete blackouts when shots pass beyond the shields.
  • Excellent defense: In comparison to most common weaponry, these Taurus cannons have been build with longevity in mind, meaning they are capable of taking several shots against their outer shielding and plating before being inoperable.
  • High stopping power
  • Large distance effectiveness

Weaknesses:

• Extremely heavy: The Taurus cannons are extremely weighty and the more a ship carries, the lower the ship's manneuvrability and speed will be. (4 of these will require either speed or Maneuvrability to be Very Low, 8 or more will require both speed and maneuvrability to be set at Very Low)
  • Uniquely powered: Due to their immense energy consumption, a ship would either need a seperate reactor for a battery of four of these canons or would need to be equipped with the R.I.A.R. Mk I.
  • Large: Due to their size, weight and overall energy consumption, the Taurus mk I is only a viable option on ships of the destroyer class or higher.

DESCRIPTION
With the need to fully use the R.I.A.R. Mk I. to its full potential and the need to have more exclusivity on their own line of ships, Nargath holdings introduced the Taurus Mk I Heavy Ion Pulse Canon, which could fully use the excess energy of the aforementioned reactor produced by the EMS. Though difficult to be mounted on smaller ships, the use on star destroyer class ships and larger vessels made it apparent that the Taurus would most certainly be paired up with the R.I.A.R. in almost all occassions, granting a bonus of not just selling one product to those interested, but two products at once.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Credius Nargath"]

Credius Nargath said:
(4 of these will require at least one of these stats to be Very Low, 8 or more will require both stats to be set at Very Low)

Bit of a conflicting statement here. I think you mean Low in the first instance, but please could you amend and clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom