Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hearts of Iron

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

smalldivdark.png

ASkwN1GT7Vrhme02NR07w3HO-5ZVzniyUf1T15eSM1E.jpg

Tayl glanced anxiously around the Surbhir Tapcaf , a decent little establishment in Sector 03, Tor Valum. That cold yet mighty city which called home, if only on occasion. Any other day and she would be happy to just stroll the snow-strewn streets for hours, taking sights, sounds and smells that had eluded her on Coruscant for far too long.

And yet, she marched with purpose into the little bar, one fist balled in a quiet anger that could only manifest in violence once her business here was finished.

"Tayl, you need to loosen up! You've been tense for says now"

"How, Eskol...? How am I supposed to 'Loosen up' after that shitshow?"

"I dunno?? Go meet some auretii girl, make a dating profile. Distract yourself from... her?"

"Yeah sure man. Go make me a profile than"

She could still hear that conversation with Eskol in her head. Sometimes she wondered if there was a reason she hadn't shoved him out an airlock yet. Probably because he was the team's medic... But to ACTUALLY make her a dating app??? That was taking the joke too far!

She nearly punched him in the face with a crushgaunt when she found out that he had actually set her up with a surprise date tonight. But instead, she was searching the establishment for said "date", so that she could explain herself and politely call the whole thing off. Maybe she was a warrior and most certainly feeling violent tonight, But at least she had manners! Unlike Eskol!

Think Tayl, Think... Zeltron... so she'd have pink skin, or... something. Dark hair too. How common were zeltrons again? Surely a pink woman would stick out among all the armored Mando'ade.

Not to say that she wouldn't stand out either. From the way she would abruptly turn to scan the bar, or march from one side to the other in a clear rush. Or how her helmet stayed on despite this being a place to drink. She was obviously searching for something, even a stormtrooper could see that much.

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Tags: Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Mattali let out a sigh as she looked to her dating app, then around the bar, finding only Mandalorians and people she’d rather not draw the attention of. Was it a mistake trying to reach out and do this sort of thing? Maybe, but she sorta lived off the thrill of danger; long as it wasn’t life threatening. Dating wasn’t something she was good at, and though she was a Zeltron, she never really had anyone to herself in that manner.

Needless to say, she was pretty clueless about things, so, this was to be practice. Embarrassment was surely in store, but it wasn’t like her first bank robbery went off without a hitch.

It was on her third drink, and twenth glance of the evening when she spotted a pair of head tails, and gave the soberest wave she could muster. Leaning against the bartop, she was clad in a gray jacket, with black tank top under and a set of tight grey slacks covering her legs, a pair of lanced black heels showing off her feet. She was dressing to impress for….probably the fourth time in her life. She was really being daring tonight, something she sealed as she motioned the clearly lost Mandalorian over to her.

Hopefully this one wouldn’t run off, the last one that did made her feel exceptionally awkward.

smalldivdark.png
Oh thank the Manda! The Zeltron she was looking for had found her first, and even waved her over. And she looked like she was already a little tipsy, so maybe she'd even forget this little disaster by morning!

She practically jogged up to the woman, armor-clad and spurs jingling alongside her pistols. A considerable cutdown in weight compared to her typical loadout, which admittedly made her feel almost naked among strangers.

"Hi! You Mattali...?"

There was almost as much momentary relief in her tone as there was acknowledgment of the awkward situation she was about to put herself and her "date" in.

"Listen, I... didn't make that dating profile? My... 'friend' thinks he's real funny..." She makes air quotes at the mention of her "friend".

"But I can still like... I dunno, by you a drink or whatever? I'm real sorry about this whole mess"

Despite the awkward pauses, her tone and body language still seemed unnaturally calm. She was practically just looming over Matalli like some sort of warrior statue. Or maybe it was just hard to tell with her helmet in the way.

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Mattali felt relief blossom in her chest as this Twi’lek didn’t flee upon eye contact, which was something she couldn’t even begin to describe. Of course, this woman was dressed in armor, as Mandos do, but disappointment aside they had at least shown up. Why was she jogging though? But odd, but whatever. She managed the nicest smile she could, about to welcome Tayl, when the Twi’lek beat her to it. “Yeah that’s me, Mattali, crazy story but-“

She found herself cut off by the sense of confusion she picked up. Zeltron empathy was weird, but body language gave it away. Was her date just going to dip? When Tayl explained, it felt a little worse than that. Her smile vanished, nodding up at the taller woman, giving a shrug of her shoulders as she took up her drink. “Oh. Right. Well, sorry to waste your time then.” She shouldn’t have expected anything less.

Rejection came naturally to her after all. Was basically born out a reject, why break that cycle now? “Should have figured, like Mandalorian and a girl like me? Nah, couldn’t happen again.” She gave another shrug, downing her ruby blitz in a concerning amount of time before ordering another.

She’d be lying if she said she didn’t want to cry right now.

Why didn’t anyone want her? Was it just pheromones that made her appealing?

Last edited:

smalldivdark.png
Tayl's eyes widened behind the visor for just a moment. Oh god. She's one of those people. Admittedly she did feel a little guilty? But this was Eskol's fault! cheeky little bastard that he was.

. . .

"Can I still... buy you dinner, or something? If anyone's wasted the other's time, it's me..."

She tilted her head in thought, trying to figure out how exactly to handle this little disaster. Maybe she
should stay for a little while? Just to make sure Mattali was okay. She seemed so... pitiful. Though pretty, admittedly.

"It's really no trouble if I do. Got compensation for the battle a few weeks ago, So I can afford to toss credits around for a little"

At that point, she already trying to remember the menu. Normally she'd be at the broken skull with the other Karjr, if only briefly. The food wasn't that great though, so she did make the occasional stop here at the Surbhir.

"Oh!" She placed a hand against her chin before looking up at Mattali "They do make a good
Tiingilar! Bit spicy for an offworlder though... Their Gi dumpling is good too, one of my favorites actually"

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

She wasn’t sure if the warrior felt guilty, or awkward. She had to assume both, those were the vibes she was getting. Tayl offered to buy her dinner, and Mattali merely looked at her pointedly as if she grew two heads. “Oh. I mean, it’s alright. I’m not hungry, really. Was just hoping to talk and what have you but, like you said this is all a big misunderstanding.” She shook her head, waving her hand dismissively. “I don’t need a hand out, really. I’ve gotten by with less, but I appreciate it. Really.” She was slightly annoyed now. Was she really that pitiful in feeling played like this?

She only wanted this meet up for selfish reasons really, but that was another topic altogether. Might as well just accept civility, Ventari had told her about this whole Mandalorian culture thing, maybe she should just give it a try. Taking in a breath, Mattali looked to the Twi’lek and sighed, “I’ve never had any of those, but I’ll be willing to try it. I never had anything like that in Zeltros. We sorta can’t afford food, well, not good food.” She managed a smile, setting her chin into her palm. “You look nice by the way, you normally go all out for every girl you shoot down?” She said in a playful manner, eager to follow up when the Mando fell for her trap.

smalldivdark.png
Tayl just stood there for a moment, Hand on her hip as she stared the girl down from behind the black T-visor, and sighed.
"Why do you think I'm late...? This took a while to put together~"

Then she turned to the barkeep, flagging him down and sliding a small stack of credits for the meal as she held up two fingers. This abrupt motion was just enough pull her sleeve down ever so slightly, revealing the lavender skin of her wrists, which curiously had some kind of black gradient just under the glove itself.

"Hey. We'll take two bowls of Gi Dumpling soup, small servings of Uj'alayi and..."
Turning to look at Mattali again, she could practically see the impending hangover that would strike the Zeltron come morning
"
You've had enough to drink..."

"We'll take two
Cassius Teas, please, Vor entye"

And finally, she takes a seat next to Mattali, leaning forward against the bartop while she mused over the whole thing. Honestly if it weren't for that chip, Tayl wasn't sure she'd even have the stomach to have entered the bar in the first place. She'd probably just ruined this poor woman's night, after all.

Maybe she could try... making it better...? somehow...? Less awkward, at least. Oh, by the Manda! She had to make Smalltalk now!

"I uhm... I like your suit, by the way"

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

"Did it now? Well, I'll consider myself lucky." She muttered, eyeing the Twi'lek up and giving a small shrug of her shoulders. The body language she gave off indicated this was something of a normal comment, perhaps a little bored even. Maybe she was just reading into things too much.

Seeing that the Mando was joining her, she patiently waited for her next drink, giving the Twi'lek her full attention now. It was nice to get a compliment at least, more than she thought she'd get. "Well, thanks, I like yours too. Very expressive." She smiled, eyeing the warrior up and nodding in agreement with her assessment.

Probably a good thing she wasn't using phermones right now, though she doubted it would have changed much, but she was curious how much of affect they played. Ventari had lost her marbles when she did it last time, one of the more extreme reactions to date, but it still amused her greatly. Still, she wasn't looking to start trouble. "So, your friend...why did he set you up?"

smalldivdark.png
"Well, thanks, I like yours too. Very expressive."

"Mhm... bright and flashy, just how I like it" She hummed sarcastically, though there was the slightest tinge of a chuckle to it as she nodded along with Mattali and leaned with one arm on the bartop.

It wasn't until she realized that Mattali was actually paying attention to her not a drink that Tayl turned to at least return eye contact. Or... whatever Eye to Visor-contact could be called anyway.

"So, your friend...why did he set you up?"

"Ugh. Eskol? heard I was rejected by another woman, now he thinks setting me up on blind dates will fix it!" She hummed again, but more so amused this time. Albeit, only at the stupidity of the whole situation "Yeahhh, Little Wren just earned a punch in the mouth next sparring session..."

"Though, It does have me curious,"
She tilted her head to the side "Why would you accept, anyway? I mean I'm not exactly Aruetii-girlfriend material... What's it even say on that profile? It's got to be lies, or maybe you're just a special kinda crazy"

Tayl stifled a chuckle, reclining a little more as the food came in, set between them in little wooden bowls of steaming dumpling soup that had a rich sea-food smell about them, and little plates of moist brown-cake that seemed to have little nuts and fruit pieces inside.

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Mattali snickered at the woman's comment. "That so? Is that why you came here? Bright and flashy?" She asked, motioning her hand to the bar, knowing the answer. Still, she didn't expect the woman to begin opening up about her own romantic failures.

"Oh, that's no good, rejection is never fun, been there before. Well, alot, but just with people normally." She mused, thinking back to Venari, and if the woman really meant what she said. Mattali felt she did, but she heard such things before. "I mean, it happens, just have to keep on going you know?" She gave a small shrug, managing a smile. "I mean, maybe I just like the color purple. Maybe I like bad-girls? And I'm kinda crazy so...who knows, maybe having a Mandalorian date would keep people off my back, you know?" She wiggled her eye brows, clearly teasing, but she wasn't about to tell Tayl that. "It said you were artistic, sensitive, open to exploring, the normal basic stuff, so maybe you're only like some of that." She mused, looking to the new arrival of food before them, as she glanced to Tayl, curious if that helmet was going to come off.

Probably not, but, there was a chance.

smalldivdark.png
She'd go about arranging the food while listening to Mattali. It had initially started off on a fairly depressing note that Tayl had been trying to avoid thinking about right now, earning little more than a low sigh while she slid the Tea over, waving some of the excess steam away. The steam from her own was caught up in a deep breath, followed by a refreshed sigh as the familiar scent caught up with the young Mandalorian. It wasn't exactly mother's Cassius tea, but it was still one of her favorites.
maybe having a Mandalorian date would keep people off my back, you know?"

"Hah. right..." She turned away to shake her head. Though by her tone, one could almost envision the smile she wore behind the mask.

"It said you were artistic, sensitive, open to exploring, the normal basic stuff, so maybe you're only like some of that."

"Sensitive, huh?"

She couldn't even chuckle sarcastically at that one. Just stare blankly into a tea cup, watching the blank and expressionless mask stare back at her. Maybe that was right, but part of her had always wondered if the chip had made her an emotionless thing. Outwardly, at least.

Inwardly though, she knew that without it, she'd implode on herself with so many emotions reaching newfound intensity. So it was best to do what she'd always done; Ignore the problem until it "goes away". And failing that? punch something.

Maybe a change in topic was a better route for now...

"So... purple ya say? Eskol must have found some old holo-pics or something. Less you spotted a gap I've forgotten about"

"You uh... seen my face yet?"
Having once been a Child of the Watch, whose emblem she still wore proudly on a single sky-blue pauldron, The idea of removing her helmet in front of a stranger had an almost disappointed tone creeping up in her voice. Maybe even a little disappointed in Eskol, given their shared beginnings.

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

There was something to this one, Mattali just wasn't entirely sure what that might be. She took up the drink, taking a pause in her talks to drink from it, and lets out a small sigh of relief as it wasn't too bad. Maybe she had Mandalorians pegged wrong this whole time. "I mean, what else do you call people who try and hide their face from the galaxy and put on the whole 'tough' attitude? I would say that makes you sensitive, so all the armor and grit is to keep the pain away. Me, I just throw crude remarks and tease people until they want to throttle me, or date me. Usually throttle me though." She gave a shrug, smiling.

"Hmmm, well maybe I saw a cute face, maybe I caught a peek, or maybe I just like the color purple and am gambling that's your color." She shrugs, playing coy was fun. "Judging by your reaction, I would say that I'm right, and now you're fretting if you show your face, or keep that metal dome on. Don't worry, I'll look away, I used to be shy too at one point." She was being a total ass right now, and she was loving every moment of it, as she had to suppress a grin as she turned away.

smalldivdark.png
Usually throttle me though."

"Yeah... checks out" She shrugged while inspecting her food, poking at the little dumplings with a fork to watch the steam waft. Mmm. Fresh as can be.

It also gave her an anchor of sorts while she thought things over. And as much as she hated Mattali's take, well, maybe there was some merit to it? Being able to hide behind a visor had always been a blessing when dealing with Aruetiise. From masking her wary glances among gunmen in a shroud of mystery, to hiding the annoyed looks she often gave people. or Mattali, once or twice.

Certainly it didn't apply to every Mandalorian. A rare few in fact were as annoyingly stoic as she sometimes felt. Real stick up the shebs types too.

Don't worry, I'll look away, I used to be shy too at one point."

Aaaand then she hit Tayl with that. "I-"
She couldn't actually be shy like some dainty school girl on Atrisia, right?

"I am not. I just don't talk as much as you do" She scoffed, turning away with a shake of her head.

And then finally, with an annoyed slap of her hand onto the bar top and a reluctant pulling motion, the helmet was removed.

"I was going to eat sometime anyway...!" Purple, as promised. Though her smooth skin was more like a pale lavender, being almost stark white under the right lighting. It was marked with inky black tattoos in various tribal patterns, like thorns coiling up an abandoned statue. Curiously though, Her Lekku seemed to have an even smoother black texture near the tips, fading into her lavender skin in a gradient that seemed too natural for tattoos.

She only turned slightly, glancing from the corner of one eye at her "date".

"It's... part of my religion. Some of us, We don't take off our helmets around strangers, with only a few exceptions" Each word spoken exposed a row of razor sharp teeth to the fresh air, looking almost like some kind of deep sea carnivore. Her tongue too matched the waters in it's light blue hue, only barely moving to put together her short spoken words.

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

She was very much amused at how strong of a reaction she seemed to get out of Tayl, She giggled into her hand, watching the Mandalorian blunder about. Were they all socially awkward like this? She hadn't a clue. But it was very much so amusing. She eyed the food, before taking a dumpling for herself, and making a sound of approval at the taste.

She thought she could feel the Twi'leks cheeks burning at the little tease, the strain in her voice sounding very much like embarrassment. But she held off, not launching further teasing, least for a few seconds. "Sure you were." She prodded, hearing that Tayl apparently always planned to take her helmet off; which Mattali didn't buy for a second. She studied the woman for a moment, nodding in approval. She always felt something of a bond with Twi'leks, all in her head of course, given the culture that their people both came from. "I don't understand the religion though, hiding your face like that all the time, it makes you seem more prey than predator, right? I don't mean offense, just...I don't understand the whole hiding thing. That's all." She felt like she was about to be eating a knuckle sandwich for saying that.

sRblxSm.png

"Well I wouldn't have ordered two meals otherwise! Not like I'm feeding a hutt or whatever"

Tayl rolls her eyes, giving Mattali's admittedly thin figure a sidelong glance before finally taking a bite of her food. Despite her size and hungry looking maw of sharp teeth, it seemed that she was taking delicate little bites, giving herself time to really appreciate the taste.

Kestrin fish were actually pretty good. Much like the cold water species found only in the north of most waterlogged worlds, which were far more abundant here.

"I don't understand the religion though, hiding your face like that all the time, it makes you seem more prey than predator, right? I don't mean offense, just...I don't understand the whole hiding thing. That's all."

Though at that point, her chewing slowed until she was finished with the first dumpling. Her green eyes seemed to lose a little light then, cast down at her soup like the frown to follow.

"I think you're forgetting the part where we were hunted to near extinction. And put into imperial death camps"
Her tone rarely shifted. Always neutral or airing on the side of melancholy in subtle shifts. This time it wasn't quite so subtle.

"Children of the Watch have... it used to be harsher. Nearly a thousand years ago, we wouldn't have removed them at all. I'm told this is only the second time our order has seen the other Mandalorians hunted by an empire. I guess you could say it's got us on our toes again"

"You hear about that battle recently...?" She turns to Mattali for just a moment, head still low and eyes still dim.

"Imperials tried to infiltrate the city during a summit. Huge fleet overhead at the time, total chaos. I was fighting aboard one of their ships less than a minute after the first shot was fired."

"Our culture has always placed a great value on being ready at a moment's notice. It's shit like that which keeps it fresh in our minds. Last time I let my guard down before that though...? I lost more than time"

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

"Well thank you for avoiding calling me fat. That's the low blow people like to aim for." She giggled, taking her time to study Tayl, take in her features, and processing her body language.

Then she had to come and understand that her words had apparently triggered something, and she braced for a lecture. But it turned into more of a history lesson. "Right, the whole purge? I mean, you aren't the only culture that's dealt with that. Jedi, Sith, the Caamas, I mean that planet got wiped out, only two hundred of the species survived that." She shivered at the thought. "I mean, not to try and outdo you or anything, but, look at Purebloods, they tried to breed them out of existence at one point. My own people, well-" She stopped herself, not wanting to embark down ancient history. "Yea, can't blame you. Sorry." She suppressed the urge to sigh, folding her hands together in quite contemplation.

Then, she began talking about a battle that Mattali was all to familiar with. Her eyes widened, looking to Tayl as she spoke. Talk about a mood killer. "I know the feeling. When I was a kid, the government come for us. my whole gang got wiped out. One of them got their eyes plucked out, another got split in two by an arc wielder, then my buddy Hux, he got his head caved in by a security droid. So, don't really trust easy anymore. I mean hell, I got stabbed with a lightsaber the time before that and-" She realized she was rambling, and stopped herself. "Sorry. Yea, I heard about the battle, glad you're alright though." She forced a smile, slightly concerned that her initial loyalties might be outed.

sRblxSm.png

"I mean, not to try and outdo you or anything, but, look at Purebloods, they tried to breed them out of existence at one point. My own people, well-"

"I know, I just... It was recent. The war never really ended for some of us" She took a sip of her tea before just crossing her arms over the bar top "We're still fighting sith out there. Even those of us who tried to leave the war behind"

Samara Samara . The friend whose seeming betrayal would leave her scared for life. The one who taught her what happens when she ignores the very thing the watch had taught her; Never let your guard down. In another life, it would have been enough to send her back on the path of a Crusader. But her crusade was over now. Coruscant had seen to that much.

"I know the feeling. When I was a kid, the government come for us. my whole gang got wiped out. One of them got their eyes plucked out, another got split in two by an arc wielder, then my buddy Hux, he got his head caved in by a security droid. So, don't really trust easy anymore. I mean hell, I got stabbed with a lightsaber the time before that and-" She realized she was rambling, and stopped herself. "Sorry. Yea, I heard about the battle, glad you're alright though."

"Gang, huh" She threw a surprised glance at the Zeltron "Didn't take you for the type. No offense meant, you just look... better than that, I guess"

Maybe it was just the suit. Mattali just didn't give off that aura. At most maybe she could see her using her charms to swindle someone out of a few credits. But gang chit was violent.

"My mother, she used to run a little syndicate. Used her position as a clan leader to spread her influence to imperial space, wage her wars in the shadows. Mostly piracy and the like..."

. . .

"Something- happened. It took us to level 1313, if you're familiar? Spent the rest of my childhood down there. Watched the syndicate die off one by one till it was just me and my parents. Didn't really... come back from that till a couple months ago"

With that in mind, Tayl only looked to be in her early 20s at the most.

Well, it was old enough to drink anyway. So she gave a feint wave to the bartender, ordering something in Mando'a.

<I'eumte cuyatr, Tihaar, gedet'ye>

After which, a clear bottle was brought to her and some kind of credits exchanged before she started pouring.

"Anyway, uhm. I'm sorry to hear. I feel ya, or whatever they say..."

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

“Yea I got a death mark on my home world. Can’t go back. Sucks to suck.” She shrugged, not wanting to go further into her tale. It was a long story, and it frankly made her depressed to elaborate on. Frankly, Mattali was more of a slicer than anything, but she’d be lying if she said she hasn’t killed people before. Well, indirectly killed people.

She listened to what the woman had to say, about her mother, crime and the like. It made her ponder how old this woman was. Had she really be locked up in that sort of life for so long? Anything was possible, Mattali started when she was six after all.

Studying her now, Mattali shook her head, placing a hand on Tayl’s hand, unsure what exactly the woman was saying in Mando’a. “I…want to try and ease your sorrow, if you’d let me?” She offers, as she’d close her eyes, releasing her pheromone’s, reaching through with her empathy for Tayl, and simulating a sense of comfort for the sad Twi’lek. Maybe it was her Zeltron side, but she couldn’t stand sad people,

sRblxSm.png

"Pff! Right. you're the one that got stood up, I'm supposed to be the one that's-"

✱sigh✱

She glanced at the hand laid gently atop her own, gloved as it may be. It made her glance up at Mattali hesitantly, a little ashamed that she clearly seemed that upset in front of a stranger from off-world.

"It's fine really, I just- I'm not used to talking about this stuff, you know?"

She tried to just wave her off with the other hand, but there was something strange in the air almost. It had her blinking once or twice in confusion, but a strange calm started to take hold. Not like the chip though. That calm was just to keep her focused in a fight, keeping adrenaline at bay so she could think coherently but also regulate dopamine just enough that she couldn't panic.

The chip never really changed her chemical balance outside of combat though, so whatever this was? It wasn't cybernetic. Maybe Mattali just had an oddly calming presence?

"Okay...? I'll give it a shot" She said in an almost confused tone, as if the girl was questioning who was even speaking in that moment.

Speaking of shots. She took up her cup in the other, unoccupied hand, knocking back her Tihaar with a slightly more relaxed expression than one would expect.

Hearts of Iron

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Taking the hand in her ‘dates’ hand, Mattali gives a squeeze. “Hey, it’s okay, we can’t all be strong all the time. There’s no same in letting the mask slip and talking about the problems.” She could sense the discomfort, and set to gently rubbing Tayl’s hand. “Breath. Just, breath. Okay?” The more Tayl did so, the more at ease she would feel. Mattali worked with transferring her own feelings of comfort and safety into that of the Twi’lek, trying to undo the layers of unease or sadness that stilled within her. “If you want, once we finish we can go somewhere private and just talk. I’d be willing to do that as well.” She comforts, watching as the woman pounded away another shot. “You never talk to anyone about your feelings do you?” She asks, her voice soft in tone as she leaned in, trying to keep their conversation as quiet as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom