Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Heart of Candor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mago Voss

M
Min%27s%20Wind.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create the ship owned and operated by Mago
  • Image Source: Sithsherald
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Hangar Space: Average: 3
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 2 Squadrons (24 fighters)
    • Support Craft: 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive: Class-1
STANDARD FEATURES

- All Standard Features

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

- Scramblers

- Buzzsaw Droid Compliment

STRENGTHS

The Mother of all Railguns: The forward mounted railgun is a massive specialized weapon capable of shooting two meter long rods of tungsten at incredible speeds. These rods come in a variety of types. 'Drill' which is carved to resemble a drill bit and is given a 'spin' to increase its chance of burrowing through armor similarly to its namesake. 'Torpedo' which has several proton warheads stuck to it allowing it to detonate after it has burrowed into the enemy's hull. And last but not least 'Brute' which is significantly larger with a flared head hoping to punch as big of a hole as possible through lighter armor. The Railgun is however limited as it is only capable of firing directly in front of the ship.

Scramblers: The Scramblers on the Heart of Candor allow it to remain unseen from great distances from basic scanners. It is still visible and high tech scanners usually recognize the oddity if not being able to identify the ship exactly.

Experimental Jack of all Trades: The Redfield-Class was designed to be an all around cruiser capable of operating deep within enemy space on hit and run operations and being able to defend itself effectively against larger ships.

WEAKNESSES

Unintended Addition: The Railgun was not a part of the original design of the ship and is unable to be commanded from the bridge. Instead it requires its own command center to operate meaning should that command center be destroyed, or captured by a boarding party, the railgun will be inoperable to the captain.

Frequent Power Problems: The Railgun as well as a few smaller additions to the ship cause it to have frequent power problems. Firing the railgun too many times or being in hyperspace for too long will cause the ship to lose power until the systems can be fixed.

A Little Too Hidden: The Scramblers may be effective at long range, but in closer range (say orbiting around the same planet) the Scramblers are a little too effective and the blank space of absolutely nothing (no cosmic radiation, no light, etc) can usually be picked up by any military grade or advanced scanners alerting potential victims to a trap.

DESCRIPTION
The Redfield-class Cruiser was to be one of the new mass sold products of Correllian Engineering yet when Mago Voss and his pirates got ahold of it they were careful to destroy all data (and even persons) related to the development of the ship to give them an edge against those who had no idea what the ship was capable of. Now it is an intimidating cruiser painted with pirate insignia and battle scars not yet repaired which marauds shipping lanes and asteroid refineries across the galaxy. The Railgun and its respective command center welded to the front of the Heart of Candor (an ironic name Mago Voss adores) are Mago Voss' own addition to the design, needing a simple tool to disable civilian vessels from long range before they have the opportunity to call for help. However it has seen its fair use in combat and prove an invaluable asset dozens of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mago Voss

Seems well-suited for a pirate, though there are some things we need to look at before getting this approved.
  • Starting small, providing a link for Carbon Nanotubes would be ideal. Wikipedia would work well-enough since this is IRL tech.
  • Your Hangar Allocation cannot contain more Small Craft than your Hangar Rating. Period. I can see where the misunderstanding might have stemmed from, however - if you read my response in the SWRP Discord as allowing such things, then I apologise for the ambiguity, the intent was to inform you that no one really tends to mind if shuttles are produced "from thin air" to move PCs to their narratives.
    • There are several ways you can resolve this. Removing the Support Craft could work, as could giving the ship one Starfighter squadron and one Support Craft Squadron. Alternatively, you could make the Hangar Space variable, e.g., keeping both squadrons as Starfighters but adding "Variable; some Starfighters may be replaced by shuttles, boarding craft, or the like". Replaced being the keyword.
    • As another alternative, the ship appears to be one rating underbalanced - you could raise Hangar Space to Average, giving it one Support Craft squadron in addition to the two Starfighter squadrons.
  • Type-1 isn't really a terminology used in Star Wars, I would recommend making the Hyperdrive "Class 1".
  • Your railgun could be a bit of an issue; it reads as more powerful than one would expect from a vessel of this size and Armament rating, especially given the other weaponry it carries. I would strongly suggest softening the language a bit, see especially "through enemy shields" and "burrow through medium armor with ease". The Factory strongly favours less absolute language, as calling hits is not allowed.
    • Submitting the railgun to the Factory (Technology (Ranged Weapon)) would be one way of expanding on its special features, but I will leave that up to you. Should you wish to use similar weapons on other vessels too, I would strongly advise submitting it on its own.

Mago Voss

M
AMCO AMCO

Fix Log:
  • Added link to carbon nanotubes
  • Bumped up hangar space to average
  • Edited Support Craft to say '1 squadron (four shuttles)'
  • Edited wording for hyperdrive to say Class-1 instead of Type-1
  • Removed 'passing through shields' terminology in the Railgun perk description
  • Edited 'burrow through medium armor' to 'increase chance of burrowing through armor like its namesake' to remove certainty and to remove the power-gamey language

Hopefully these edits are enough to get it approved! Let me know if there's anything else I can fix :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom