Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Healing Power of the Jedi

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
v2RmXfM.png

The Medical Wing, The Jedi Temple of Coruscant.
Amani Serys Amani Serys
This was the first time the young Zeltron Padawan had entered the Medical Wing of the Jedi Temple, a section of the giant facility utilized by the many Jedi doctors and nurses responsible for keeping the many Jedi living there in good health. Whether someone had become injured through training, caught a cold or suffered a grievous wound out in service in the field, they would all eventually wind up here being seen by the skilled physicians and force users that the Order had to offer.

Jaitre Lanabre wasn't hurt, however. There was an entirely different reason for wandering the medical corridors looking and feeling somewhat out of place in the astonishingly pristine-looking section of the Temple. No, this curious pink Padawan wanted to learn from someone who might have the time to teach him. Several of his fellow students had recently talked about going out into the Galaxy and maybe having to kill someone in the line of a Jedi's duty, and this had honestly scared Jaitre. He wanted to do good things as a Jedi, not be like one of the bad guys out there hurting other people; So in his juvenile way of seeing things, he decided he might like to become a healer!

On his way going....Frankly anywhere, Jaitre looked up as a door opened and several adults walked out into the corridor, talking briefly among themselves before splitting off and leaving in different directions. One of the adults however appeared to be walking his way, and so rather than risking getting in trouble for being in the wrong place, Jaitre bit the bullet so to speak and decided to ask them for some directions outright.

"Um, excuse me? Would you know where I can find lessons in Force Healing?".

Amani had just finished hosting a meeting with a few of the other healers at the temple. Not the most exciting aspect of the job, but an important one all the same. In retrospect, that entire exchange probably could have just been a holomail, but everyone was already there so... there were less productive ways to spend their time, at least.

The mirialan sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she stepped out of the conference room behind the rest. They all went off to resume their duties here or elsewhere in the temple, while she was left with a moment of respite. She did a double-take, catching a short, pink figure already headed her way. She put on a cordial smile, and leaned down slightly. A lesson in Force Healing? Amani chuckled, "Well, I should hope so. I am the Chief Healer after all," She extended a delicate hand to the boy, "Amani Serys-Organa. And you are?"

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
Wow. Of all the people to run into, who would've guessed he'd land right in front of the leader of the medical wing? The Chief Healer, Jaitre made a mental note to remember that title. "My name's Jaitre Lanabre, Master Serys-Organa" the young zeltron lad replied respectfully, introducing himself. Like many of the well-trained Jedi, typically adults like her, Jaitre was glad to be in the presence of those who had greater control of their emotions. It made things far simpler when socializing.

The prospect of learning something was exciting, and the smile that broadened his face would be clear evidence that he was relieved to hear Amani's agreement. Wait, was it agreement, or simply stating that she could teach healing? "That would be hugely helpful, Master. I don't know much when it comes to doing good Jedi things but I know that being able to help people that are hurt is definitely a good deed worth doing" he grinned, and truly believed as much. While he had never actually given it much thought as to where he might wind up when he was an adult, Jaitre knew he wanted to make people happy, and then meant helping when they needed it.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Nice to meet you then, Jaitre. I don't believe I've seen you around," A more recent addition to the temple, Amani presumed. As Chief Healer she liked to keep track of as many students as she could, considering she was responsible their general health.

"I may be a bit biased, but healing is an excellent path for any Jedi to undertake. I find it to be, in many ways, the emptiome of Jedi ideals." The mirialan then waved herself off, and clasped her hands. He wasn't here for a sales pitch, "As it happens, I have myself a bit of free time. If you don't mind a more impromptu lesson, I'd be happy to impart a bit of knowledge."

Last edited:

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"That sounds great to me" Jaitre agreed enthusiastically, glad to have found someone with the time to share their knowledge while also not being in a place where he was presenting himself as a disturbance to their day-to-day schedule. There really wasn't much that he knew when it came to how the Jedi cared for and healed others. Of course, there was the Force, but then how much did they have to learn from people like doctors and stuff to be and do what they did?

"I know a bit about what the Jedi believe in and want to do for the Galaxy. My Da'..." he still felt a little awkward about calling his newly adoptive father his actual Da' but in the absence of a better word for Caedyn, the Zeltron boy continued on; "Taught me the basics about what it means to be part of the Order and stuff, but I think he wanted me to learn a lot more from my teachers here" he explained as he stood ready to follow wherever Amani Serys Amani Serys would lead him in their activity.

Amani nodded, "Great. Follow me then," She turned and headed toward's the nurse's station, where her medical droid, EmTee, was currently stationed, "The student in Room 2 hasn't been checked out yet, yes?"

"That's right, Chief Healer."

"Thank you." She dipped her head, and moved on to the room in question, "Is your father a part of the Order?" Amani asked, curious of the boy's mention. She didn't recognize the Lanabre surname from anyone else. It didn't take long to reach the room afterwards. She knocked on the door, and was given the all clear by a soft voice inside. Entering inside, there was a young padawan sitting on an exam table, which a big scrape on his leg. Unpleasant, but far from a critical injury.

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"He's not my real Da' but he adopted me. I've lived with a bunch'a of different people, but it wasn't until I became part of the Arenais family that someone realized I could do Jedi stuff" Jaitre explained, replying to Amani Serys Amani Serys following her interest in who his father was; "His name's Caedyn and he's a Jedi like you are".

The young Zeltron didn't entirely know Caedyn all that well on a personal level, and he sometimes wondered if the adoption was more just a way of getting him into the Jedi Order because he spent far less time at Caedyn's home on Mnemosyne, whereas he was always in a Jedi Temple or facility of some sort, working to grow and learn new things.

Jaitre followed Amani on into the second room where there was apparently someone else. The medical droid had answered her briefly about the person before the boy found himself wandering into the room where he could see the other student seated on a table. His leg looked pretty banged up, and Jaitre's first instinct was to ask how the Padawan had hurt themselves.

"That looks gnarly, how'd you do it?".

Amani perked up at mention of the name Arenais, and further at the name Caedyn, "Really? Caedyn Arenais is your adoptive father?" She nodded, "I know him. He use to mentor a friend of mine years ago." How much things had changed since then…

Amani stopped by the counter along the wall, grabbing a few things while the padawans spoke, "I slipped while sparring in the courtyard," He answered with a grimacing smile, almost wearing the injury as a badge of pride. Not that he was going to refuse a patch up.

"Good thing your face didn't get the same treatment in that fall. Or you might be short a few teeth," Amani interjected with a wry smirk, holding a large bacta patch in her hand, "If it's alright with you, I'd like to give Jaitre some training with healing powers. What do you say?"

The parawan shrugged, "Sure, why not." In all likelihood, it just meant he got to spend a little more time out of class. Win-win.

"Thank you. Alright— Have you had any sort of practice with this before, Jaitre?"

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
Amani Serys Amani Serys knew Caedyn? Was his Da' that well-known around the Jedi of the Galaxy?

Jaitre didn't know much at all when it came to Caedyn's experience or time as a Jedi. They had both gone from finalising the adoption process on Zeltros to moving to the Jedi Temple on Mnemosyne, where Jaitre had entered straight into the Order. There hadn't been much time to get to know each other personally, aside from the time that Caedyn had organized between classes, lessons, and his exchange leaves for the other Jedi Temples and Enclaves across the Galaxy. What time they had spent together was more focused on Jaitre himself, what he wanted to get out of life and what he felt about being a part of the more significant Jedi Order, that is the New Jedi Order and the Rimward Jedi, the Silver Jedi and all of the other groups of Jedi that Caedyn had listed to him.

In response to the boy's mention of having tripped while sparring in the courtyard, Jaitre couldn't help but feel empathy and familiarity with his condition. Jaitre himself was still growing accustomed to using a lightsaber and, in the privacy of his own company, felt like he had often fumbled the weapon about more than showing the finesse and style that other students seemed to adopt and practice so readily.

When Master Serys suggested that Jaitre himself would use some healing power on the boy, the younger Padawan looked to the Chief Healer in disbelief. For one, he was glad that the injury wasn't severe and that his stuffing things up wouldn't result in the older boys worsening condition, yet it still felt surreal to be practising on a live person. The potential embarrassment was the first thought to enter his mind.

"Um, no, not really, Master", he replied apprehensively, "No," he clarified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom