Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Healers life for me

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Medical Wing

Aiden showed a smile and waved at Samara, while entering the room giving a more formal bow. Aiden was quite excited to be here, however excitement wasn't the best word to be used. He didn't want individuals hurt just for an excuse to attempt his healing technique. However this was life, and things did happen. Aiden knew this was the Jedi Temple, not Coruscant personal medical facility. However apart from Jedi related injuries he was sure this place had seen its fare share of action.

"Master Raine?!" Aiden spoke as she presented him with her healing crystal. Aiden politely reached for it as she was handing it to him. "Thank you so much." The Jedi Padawan spoke with a smile. It truly meant a great deal to him that she was giving this to him. More than he could began to tell her. He seemed to be stuttering on his thoughts and couldn't bring to words somewhat but then finally spoke. "I won't lose it, I promise. Thank you again." Aiden cleared his throat as he wasted no time in placing the necklace on himself. He let it hang out over the top layer of his New Jedi Order jumpsuit.

Aiden opted to stick with what he was wearing for the night, the order had no shortage of jumpsuits for the padawan's as they had been the current trend in today's group of Jedi Knights.

Samara Raine Samara Raine

When it raines, it pours.

RESTORATION
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte
GADividerPurple.png

"You're very much welcome, Aiden. In time, you will come to be able to utilize the healing crystal to augment your own healing powers as I have," Samara smiled, then reached over to the desk and grabbed the datapad off the countertop she had been reviewing. "But until then, we start with the basics of patient care."

The honey blonde began walking slowly down the hall and motioned for the new apprentice healer to follow.

"A lot of what we do is mundane stuff, not all the flashy magic if you will. The first thing I do when I come on shift and/or go on a mission is to make sure all my equipment is ready to go and my supplies are adequate. One needs to know how and when to use conventional medicine as well as Force-based. Some healers think that is beneath them, but it's very important especially if you are ever caught up in a Force bubble for example. So I would like you to learn to use and appreciate both modalities." the Jedi doc nodded, then pointed to a medpac and a medkit atop a utility cart.

Perhaps in Sam's galaxy-wide secular experiences, she had become a bit biased toward the Jedi ways, but from a certain point of view, her opinion was true.

"Have you ever seen one of these or used the contents within before?"

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Medical Wing

Aiden nodded as he followed Samara down the hallway and she began talking. Listening one of his strongest suits and paying an incredible amount of attention to detail. Similar as if prepping for a mission just as she had stated. The instructions were went over and what was to be expected. So he made sure that he would be double checking that he had everything, that it was in adequate supply. The Padawan did not want to get caught sleeping anywhere, that would be incredibly bad. Also he did not want to let Samara down or even worse make her look bad. Which he knew that he wasn't, but still. Patience and a steady mind and hand would be needed it seemed.

She made an incredibly valid point, while the force was a powerful tool for healing. He knew the practical method would be just as valuable to use.

She motioned to two different medical containers. "I've seen Kahne use both of those before, I know one is just a larger container than the other. But as to what is exactly in them, like all of the contents....I don't." Aiden said with a small nod of his head as he looked over to Samara Raine Samara Raine

When it raines, it pours.

RESTORATION
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Medical Wing

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte
GADividerPurple.png
Aiden was so eager to learn and do. The young man had a genuine passion for seeking knowledge. He would someday become a sage like his father, and a great healer no doubt.

"Yes, in general, the medpac has the basic medical supplies for one person and can be worn in a pouch on one's utility belt. A medkit is larger, more advanced, and used by like a combat medic or field healer to treat mulitple casualties. It can be worn as a fanny pack or backpack. Most soldiers have a medpac as part of their standard loadout, but for Jedi, it's hit or miss if they choose to carry one at all. Again, many use the Force exclusively."

The honey blonde shrugged, then continued, picking up the medisensor.

"This is a hand-held diagnostic scanner that you use to determine a patient's medical condition. It gives you vital signs and a quick view of suspected injuries and/or ailments. It even suggests recommended treatments, though those are only done on an algorithm. A healer or doctor still needs to use their critical thinking skills and medical knowledge as each scenario has variables to consider," she nodded pointing her golden head before continuing the lesson.

"The rest of the contents I will let you research on your own as an assignment. It's important though to know the difference between using bacta and kolto products... Could be life or death."

The Jedi doc winked knowingly, then slipped into an exam room next to the cart and motioned for Aiden to follow.

"This is a life-like practice dummy. Right now it's in a human form, but the parameters can be changed with a datapad to any species that is in our archive databank." The Liann next stepped up to the head of the bed to begin showing how to assess a patient who is in distress.

"Your first assessment always starts with a primary survey... the critical ABCs - airway, breathing, circulation, then followed by a secondary one starting from head to toe, core outward. Are they alert and orientated? Any obvious wounds to their thorax, abdomen, and/or pelvis. Are there any extremity deformities or amputations? The nice thing about lightsaber amputations is that the energy blade cauterizes the wound. Any questions so far? I know this can be overwhelming and well boring, but necessary to learn. I promise more interesting things will come in time building on what you master now."

Last edited:
Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Medical Wing
Samara Raine Samara Raine

Aiden nodded his head as he glanced around to what she was indicating, taking in the sights inside the medpac and medkit, however as she stated he would definitely look into those later when he wasn't here. Aiden was no stranger to studying after his padawan sessions and training sessions and such. So while others would think it boring, he was looking forward to it.

Aiden glanced towards the medisensor as he watched her describe it and all the things it does. Albeit, it was a lot of information as she was going through, rightfully so it was an important field. People's lives were in their hands and they couldn't ignore that and be complacent or lazy in this field. He couldn't imagine having to tell someone that someones life was in their hands and they passed in his care. Granted, Aiden wasn't planning on being a full time doctor and stray away from his Jedi duties. But he wanted to have enough to learn that if he was needed he could preform the duties necessary to save someone's life.

Listening to the criticals as she stated ABC's, which made perfect sense.

"Don't worry about is Samara." Aiden said with a small smile as he leaned in and gave her a gently side hug. "Where others may find this boring, I'm the one that is finding it beyond interesting. I don't want to let anyone down. As long as I learn, listen and do my best by you. That is all that matters to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom