Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headstrong

Fine Hapen silk, intricately spun into an onyx colored suit jacket. Slipping it off the coat rack he took it and himself to a mirror. Placing the jacket on he took a moment to frit. A hand over the silk to smooth the martial. After making sure there was no wrinkles he left the room. Soon more question would be answered. First he just had to traverse the corridors and entire the parlor.

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
Introductions, often part of the courtly game. A Duch’a? Not uncommon to see aboard the High Charity. A Jadi Master? Allana’s right index finger touched her chin. In thought? In curiosity? Azure eyes looked over the male. A moment of private thought.

That finger was there for just a moment. A moment tell she brushed an auburn lock of hair away from her eyes. Breaches of proper etiquette did not escape her notice. Statements about her beauty were not unnoticed. For now she remained the epitome of a courtly lady.

“Welcome aboard the High Charity Master [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. I trust you find the hospitality the High Charity to be?” In-quizzical she asked in earnest to make sure pleasantries had been antiquity been provided to their quest. She however did not say a word on possible negotiation or how to proceed to attack.

@Relina Zhen [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Aleister Grey"]

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"] | [member="Aleister Grey"]

Relina simply blinked at Josh's remark. She hoped the younger noblewoman, who outranked her in social status, took it well. She knew Josh meant well with his charming demeanour, but he was dealing with a different culture's nobility. Just as well, she tried not to show her feelings any which way. She simply stood tall and firm when the conversation shifted to her position.

"My life has been threatened twice by House Kel. I dare admit that were it not for Joshua, I'd either be dead or near-death right now. Negotiation, I am afraid, is not an option anymore. Nor will I do unto Tuila Kel as she did unto me. I will stand firm and face her myself... and make an example of her before the Consortium. However, she has a small militia under her control." she said evenly. "While it is a great honour, truly, to be aboard this beautiful ship, the approach the Admiral seemingly has in mind is a bit grandiose indeed. Just as well, the High Charity's presence and involvement sends a heavier message, so i will not argue with this move. He DOES effectively control space, doesn't he?" she added offhand.

Relina looked back out the window, staring down at the world House Zhan had formally governed as a ducal family since the Consortium's inception nearly five millenia ago. She hated that she had to make a decision like this and had to resume active duty in the Navy under such circumstances, but she took a deep breath, the only indication of how she felt. As soon as the battle plans and aftermath scenarios were finalised, Relina Zhan would declare war.

[SIZE=12pt]“A battle of words can often be as instrumental in achieving goal as a blaster bolt. But if” At that moment the Duch’ix entered the parlor she nodded to him, then continued, “the top of the Consortium fleet is here and its presence may very well provide the encourage needed for this to end”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Melanctha looked at the Master Jedi, “Are the Jedi not about peaceful negotiations?” She did not smile and she understood that the Duch’a Zhan had her left threatened, but then again many Hapans each went through this it was considered a way of life among some Hapan families.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Mel was near the Ta’dine Badeaux so that she could hear the soft spoken woman easier.[/SIZE]

[member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"Thank you. It has been most hospitable" He responded curtly toward [member="Allana Badeaux"]. He wasn't sure how she'd react to her banter, and he knew full well that it was a risk. But at this point, he wasn't really used to being involved in battles as a soldier... Not anymore. He was just going to be himself.

To [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] questioning him as a Jedi, he let out a sigh. "Yes, we usually are. Unfortunately, peaceful negotiation is no longer an option. I've tried" He remarked, with a shrug. "They want Relina dead. That's the fact of the matter. I don't like it one bit, but there isn't a damn thing I can do about it"

His tone had become more serious in that moment. He truly was frustrated over not being able to find a peaceful solution. There was naught he could do now but prevent murder of innocents.

Coming into the room Aleister had seen several different groupings of nobles. One particular grouping the Duch’a [member="Relina Zhan"] was in. She was speaking to the Duch’a [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"], the Ta’dine [member="Allana Badeaux"], and the Jedi Master [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"].

The Duch’a of Gallinore, Aleister was sure she had questions. Not that there was no other nobles that had questions today. The difference being Relina’s question happen to relate to exactly what Aleister’s mission is. “Greetings”, Aleister greeted Relina, Mel, Allana, and Joshua. “I’m sure there is some question to be asked. If the four would please. There is an adjacent room we can discuss such matter”, Aleister pointed across the room. The room itself was a tactical layout room for nobles. It held several holo tables that could produce images of maps of battle fronts. A perfect place if they wished to talk tactical plans?

Relina Zhan

[member="Aleister Grey"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Relina about-faced in military fashion and raised her right arm to salute as the Admiral entered the room. "Admiral Grey, Sir." she acknowledged the male. She may have socially outranked him by traditional standards of Hapan matriarchal standing, despite being of equivalent noble rank, but he was her superior in military rank. She would make no mistake of this and had no shame of openly showing subordination to a man before other esteemed ladies of the Hapes Consortium. The Military was a different animal entirely.

At his suggestion of using a tactical suite, she would follow him. This might well suit the imminent discussion of battle plans necessary to proceed with this little blood feud. Further, questions she had a few of. She'd save them until the Admiral was ready to answer them. She followed to the war room of the ship. "Shall call the rest of my squadron?" she asked.

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
Messy, very messy was what Allana was thinking hearing again the failed attempts at Relina’s life. It was distasteful and embarrassing. Assassination attempts were not unheard of. Getting caught at one. Shameless. People that did not know any better might believe the Consortium was filled with barbaric criminals slaughtering each other for their continued conquest for power. Allana remind silent as she listened as the other debated over a diplomatic solution. If she knew more information she did not share it.

Then the Admiral arrived. She did not contest the suggestion if the five of them could speak within the tactical war room. She followed eager to bring what help she could offer.

[member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Aleister Grey"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

[SIZE=12pt]While their history showed Hapans to be devious, and calculated it was not looked upon with favor to begin killing one another off. If this noble has been out right trying to kill the Duch’a then something needed to be done.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Mel nodded to Aleister and followed into the room where the discussion regarding what the reaction was to be would continue. There was much subterfuge in House Dallamoor but it only went as far as to remove one business deal from one member to another.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Mel would listen to what was said, and proceed as would fit the circumstances.[/SIZE]

[member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Aleister Grey"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The Jedi Master would remain silent and simply nod in respect toward the new arrivals. He had said what needed to be said on his end for now - played his part in this point of negotiation and diplomacy. His mind, now, was on the battle at hand. The leader in him that he had been forced to become when it came to Republic wars had it's gears running in his head, whether he liked it or not. He was strategizing, to the best of his ability. Of course, if he thought of anything, he'd probably make a suggestion, nothing more. He had a job, a role, to play. And he would stick by it.

The Jedi followed behind Relina, without a word.

“That will not be necessary”, answering Relina‘s question about her squadron, “Not yet anyways.”
Aleister motioned to one of the marines it was standing by the door. The soldier saluted and then closed door as he left.​

“Like I said I’m sure there is questions. Question that should be answer so clear decisive orders can be given. Any movement of military action needs crisp and clear direction given by its officers. Anything short of that leads to chaos. That is something we do not wish to see happen.”

“That being said I will have to make it very clear why I am here. I am the Ta’a Chume’s sword and her shield. By her grace I am beholden to enact her commands. Where I move, the first fleet moves. Where the first fleet moves it is by the Ta’a Chume’s command.”

“You asked for the Ta’a Chume’s aid. The Ta’a Chume was truly sickened by the actions of house Kel. I’m sure you know well the courtly view of assassination attempts. The house of Kel was caught not just once but three times. The Ta’a Chume view this just not an insult to the House of Zhan. This is also an insult upon her grace the Ta’a Chume.”

“The Hapes Consortium is a monarchy. It is not a diplomacy. It is not a collection of kingdoms under one banner. It is a single kingdom. We all we do well to remember our place. The House of Kel has not. It actions are upon its own will and not the Ta’a Chume’s.”

“These distasteful actions by the House of Kel come at a time of great conflict. The Hapes Consortium is a kingdom of its own but it is a member of the Galactic Republic. The Hapes Consortium and the Galactic Republic is at war. We have been in a vicious war with The One Sith.”

“These treacherous actions, these attempts at assassination on the Duch’a of Gallinore is a slight upon the entire Consortium. Gallinore is and in your care. By right given to you by the Ta’a Chume. These attempts upon your life. The long history between The House of Kel and the House of Zhan may be in large part over this. The way they handled it was entirely too bold and ill timed.”

“Why was the House of Kel so bold and sloppy? Is it just by random chance we are at war with Sith and this failed coup? Should we believe they may not have a part in House Kel’s actions?”

“The Ta’a Chume has given her official opinion. It is back by minister of Justice and me. The House of Kel is found guilty of treason. It is agreed upon the action taken should be swift and examples should be made. When carrying this objective out, we should keep in mind Sith could be involved. After the Dammerung is taken back an official and public statement will be given. The statement given is to make no doubt what happens to those who comets treason. It is also call to the innocent civilians that may be in the way to seek shelter. We are not here to kill the very people we have given an oath to protect. It will also give those soldiers in House Kel or not part of the assassination attempts a chance to quietly turn themselves in peacefully. ”

“You asked for a call for justice. You got it. Those leading the House of Kel that are guilty will be stripped of rank and privilege. Soldiers and nobles of House Kel that wish to fight will be handle the same law as pirates. The penalty obviously is death.”

“Duch’a Relina Zhan, I was briefed you had a plan to take back the Dammerung? If you would please fill me in”, he pointed over at one of the Holotables, “That is unless you have more questions about my presence and the Ta’a Chume proclamation?”

[member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Relina Zhan

[member="Aleister Grey"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Relina stood at rest, military style, near the holoprojector in the middle of the room. She listened to the Admiral speak, hearing him out. "I appreciate Ta'a Chume's swift response. I admit I didn't expect my request to be received so quickly. I trust the Ministry of Intelligence had seen the evidence and the interrogation in an investigation of their own. For this, I am grateful." she began.

She reached over to one of the controls on the table, pressing a few keys and dimming the lights slightly. A hologram appeared above the table, showing the Dammerung. "This is the Dammerung. He is protected by several layers of particle and ray shielding as well as 16 point-defense ion cannon batteries. He isn't a warship and frankly isn't very mobile, considering he is more a skyhook than a true space station, but he is capable of self-defense. The defense measures were originally in response to the rim incursions of Galactic Empire 800 years ago." She explained, pointing out the locations of the ion batteries on the skyhook's docking pylons and the super-tensile cable that tethered it to Hapes Prime. "Fortunately, these defenses were never truly challenged, thank Hera. The Empire never got past the Lorrelli Reach at the time."

"I have requested the small Royal Navy presence on board to charge private security with confining Paragon Employees to their offices and to initiate communications blackout. No one talks to the outside and no one talks to the inside apart from military channels. I have not received word of success nor failure and at this point must assume failure. The Dammerung must be secured and Tui'da Alarah Kel apprehended. I know not to what extent she is involved, or if she was involved at all, but I cannot assume innocence. If necessary, I would also recommend and request R.O.N.I. operatives to fully facilitate the seizure." she continued.

"I am expecting the worst case scenario, Admiral. We should expect some measure of resistance. I intend to fly a sortie to neutralise the Dammerung's defenses to allow the approach and invasion of Naval intelligence forces.... Secondary protocol, if you will. Certainly, however, Her Majesty will not stand for treasonous warships in her orbit... but, we MAY face fighters... new Terminus models, not unlike my own. There are such ships on board." she explained. "... This isn't going to be easy. Whatever you do, please don't break my corporate headquarters, sir. He's very expensive and very valuable to my family business. He needs only to be disarmed and unsheilded."

She would have pointed out the docking bays where military fighters existed. The skyhook was commonly used to rearm and refuel military fighters at times. Being a weapon and ship manufacturer, Paragon's holdings, when and if able, tended to support military operations.

Relina would then add the addendum of, "Meanwhile, the firedrake's nest is on the other side of the Ceres Ocean from Dimitor. I recommend the orbital insertion of advance shock troops to secure a landing zone for reinforcements." she stated, waving her hand in the hologram's projection to remove the current image and replace it with an airborne view of the city of Tanith. "The Kel Estate is this set of spires here." she added, pointing out two tallish towers with an adjoining bridge between them. "it is likely that the cityscape seen here is not quite current.... That being said, once the Dammerung is secure, I'll be returning to Gallinore to confront my enemy myself. I have been challenged and I accept." she stated with an air of subtle finality.

Her left hand gently rested on the ornate hilt of her rapier, sheathed at her left hip, as she looked between those present for comments.

Melanctha quietly listened, this type of operation was slowly growing away from any of the skills she possessed. Did she wish to learn military skills? She wasn't sure, but she did find a strange fascination in just listening to the language and change in individual position and tone.

Hand on a rapier, she was ready for battle no longer were they discussing a negotiation.

The Duch'ix with is formal greeting and re enforcement of the Queen Mother's policy and will.

This was the darker side of life for anyone once the military became involved, was it possible to talk with the family and have them turn over all that were involved?

[member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Aleister Grey"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The Jedi Master did naught but listen. He wasn't needed for this strategy talk at present.... Not until he was needed would he speak. He knew what he would be doing. He would be staying with Ducha Zahn, doing what he'd been doing this entire time - playing bodyguard. He would not strike a man down unless he was attacked first. He would block and repel blaster bolts with his lightsaber, and the Force. If it just so happened that wayward blaster shots happened to strike down their foes... Well... It was their own weapons that turned to be their downfall.

It was just like the olden days... The days of the Old Republic. In a political conflict... This was what he could afford them.

[SIZE=12pt]Great it sounded like there was a plan to take the Dammerung. It was simple plan but one that should work. “It sounds like a sound plan. Such you have greater knowledge of the facility it would be a miss of me to not listen to your sound advice. Is there any more suggestion or recommendations from anyone before we undertake this mission?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Relina Zhan"] Melancatha Dallamoor [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [/SIZE]

Relina Zhan

Relina looked around among those present. "There is one other thing" She said, standing tall. She'd reach over to press a key on the table. The hologram showed the towers and five points around the city of Tanith with downward-pointing arrows. Relina would point to them.

"At these points, my recommendation is an orbital insertion of shock-troopers to support the main force. Five lances of troopers converge at the Tui'la's Manor and lock the place down. being that part of it is personal, I will want to take the Tui'la down myself. I will arm her and fight her, which is more honour than she deserves." she explained evenly. "I am open to suggestions."

"One" The Jedi Master would pipe up, looking toward the Ducha after she had laid out her plan to duel her adversary in single combat. "I do not trust the adversary who has paid your own servants, sent mercenaries to their deaths in speeders, and threatened with death in order to stab you in the back.... To play fair. I will accompany you when you face her" He spoke calmly, yet held a cold tint in his tone, his eyes had become icy. Was he protective of her, perhaps? Maybe a little. But after all he'd been through the last few days.... Could you blame him for not wanting to waste it?

"This is less of a suggestion.. And more of me saying exactly what I am going to do. I will not get involved in your fight, of course. Your one on one duel with Tui'la is yours to hold.... I will do one thing, and that is ensure it stays that way" He would explain. "I will have my lightsaber at the ready in case any of her men wish to shoot you in the back, or try any sort of sneak attack. You will have your fight... On my word, and on my honor" He would speak.

"And should something happen, as I know you are fully capable of taking her in fair, single combat... Should she cheat in some fashion to bring you down, I will take the fight to her in your stead"

He wasn't planning on fighting with his lightsaber, besides deflecting blaster bolts... But in the event of a severe loss like this... He would make one exception.

Melanctha considered all the words being spoken [member="Relina Zhan"] was intent upon her single combat and to defeat the enemy who had taken the liberty of trying to deprive her of her life. the Jedi [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] wanted to protect her and postured how he would ensure it happened and kill all who tried to kill the Duch'a . Strange at times how the mind of a Jedi works. Though he seemed to find Duch'a Zhan's safety a priority.

[member="Aleister Grey"] had agreed to the plan. Now what was she to do in all of this, she had no battle skills. "I will assist where I can though at the moment I'm not sure what that is" She did not smile, nor was she troubled by her lack of an idea. She was considering all things.

[member="Allana Badeaux"]

“ODST”, Aleister mentioned orbital drop shock troopers. “I will personally drop with them and help remove the Tui’la’s forces while you deal with her. Is there anything else we should cover before we begin this mission?”

[member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @ Melanctha Dallamoor [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Relina Zhan

[member="Aleister Grey"] | [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Relina's heart leaped in her chest hearing Josh speak. She felt a little like swooning, but she managed to keep her composure; only a blush betrayed her emotions. Josh's words gave her the impression of a Jedi Knight... er... Jedi master in shining.... unassuming robes? Yes, it wasn't a perfect fairy-tale stereotype, but it would have to do. Briefly meeting his gaze, she gave him a firm nod despite deeply wanting to indulge in her femininity at this juncture. Even in a matriarchal society, the concept of chivalry in men was still something women fantasised about, even if some only did so in secret.

Turning back to the Admiral, Relina shook her head when he asked if there was anything else. "No sir." she replied. "I shall leave ground battle plans to those accustomed to such engagements. It is my experience that the best laid plans are.... fluid... If you join the battle yourself, perhaps should assume command, Admiral." she suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom