Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hawk-Bat

Sochi was completely within her studies. Combat wasn't something she preferred but it was nevertheless inevitable. She didn't wanna lack in specific areas, especially in combat. She wanted to be at least proficient in most forms. Form IV was the one form she was practicing today, and actually one of her favorites. She sought out one of many masters who had mastered this form to train her. From constantly being within the archives, she had studied up enough on the style to know its history. Adding to what she had already been taught,

She sat in the Combat Center, in a room that she had reserved for this specific time. She sat in meditation, while her lightsaber hilt floating slowly in a circle around her as if it was in a planets orbit. She awaited the arrival of the renown Jedi master @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Form IV. Josh thought back to the description of it....

"Form IV, also called Ataru, is the most acrobatic Form, filled with numerous elaborate moves, and relies heavily upon a Jedi's ability to run, jump, and spin using the Force."

An aggressive style, Form IV was fast-paced and effective against single opponents, though weaker in prolonged combat and confined spaces. Also, it was not recommended for use against opponents wielding blasters. Ataru was characterized by Force-assisted acrobatics, such as somersaults and leaping strikes, both for attack and defense. Another characteristic of the form was its fast, powerful strikes from multiple directions.

He took a breath. Josh used Ataru and Makashi quite often, possibly the most out of his set of styles. She was right to come and find him.

He arrived in the combat center, giving a polite bow to the Padawan.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She felt the presence of the renown Jedi Councilor enter the room, his presence strong within the force. She got up slowly, unfolding her legs and turning around catching her lightsaber hilt. She holstered her hilt, and ran her hands slowly down her light brown skirt to release some of its wrinkles. After that she folded her hands and placed them in front of her. She responded, "Greetings Master DragonsFlame, I'm grateful for your help this day. I hope it wasn't much trouble clearing your schedule for this?" She said softly. Her demeanor was always professional, she figured that was how she should be. She wanted to practice being a true embodiment of the Jedi Code, and all its tenets. Some might say she was a little to dedicated, but she felt this was necessary for being a Jedi. She had been spending all of her time training as much and as hard as she could, studying under multiple masters within the order, most of them Councilors. She hoped to reach their level of skill one day.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

He smiled. He kept a calm expression, friendly. It was all he could do, no need to keep her interest to anything except her training.

"No, I was free all day once I got my Padawan trainings done" he assured.

THAT was a lie. But where would a Jedi Master get off telling a Padawan that he had been planning on spending the rest of the day making funeral preparations for his girlfriend? That wasn't an ideal way to begin training, after all.

"Do you have any experience with the form whatsoever, Padawan?" he asked, wanting to begin quickly without any problems. Despite how well he hid it, there were traces of an enormous burden or an overwhelming sorrow in the Force that even Josh couldn't hide...

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She nodded in response, that was good. She didn't want to interfere with any important things that needed more attention. It would seem there was a subtle offense in the force that surrounded them. She was quite sure what it was, but it was so subtle that it was more than capable of going over ones head.

Nevertheless she kept her focus on what she had come here for, and that would be to learn Form IV. She had no experience with this form at all. She had only seen it in action once, when she was sparring with a friend of hers. From what she already knew is that it involved quite a lot of acrobatics.

"I honestly don't have much experience with this Form. I was hoping to gain further knowledge today." She said softly.

(I didn't forget, I swear. It's been on my to do list all day!)

He nodded a bit, pushing his problems out of his mind to teach a Padawan that was willing to learn.

"You know what this form is composed of, correct?" he asked. "Just so I don't have to give you a lecture that you already know"

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

(Hehehe :) I believe you)

She nodded in response to his question, she made sure before they met that she was in the archives studying up on the history of the form. She wanted to do that so that she could always get right into the lessons when she arranged meetings with instructors, or so be it, Jedi Councilors. She softly cleared her throat before answering his question out loud.

"Yes, I am aware. I made sure to visit the Archives plenty of times before our meeting." She responded softly.

She took a deep breath and nodded at the request of the Jedi master,

"Form IV otherwise known as Ataru is an aggression form. It is one that is fast paced and effective against single opponents. Its not recommended for prolonged combat, confined spaces or for use against blaster wielding opponents. This form is made up of Force assisted acrobatics, utilized for both offense, and defense. Due to its speed and agility, and aid with the force, Ataru could greatly tax the body, and is to be used with caution." She said softly, and taken her time so she wouldn't run out of breath while going through the summary.

"Good" he said. "Now, next question. What other forms do you know? If you rely only on Ataru, your body will quickly grow tired, and switching in and out of Ataru is a good idea"

"Do you already know Makashi?" he asked. "It's a good mix with the both of them in blade against blade combat"

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She quickly nodded when he said good. When the Master ask his next question her mouth opened just a little as she was going to prepare to answer, but she halted her speech, allowing him to finish, and stress to her that her body could tire quickly if she was experienced in any other forms.

"I know Forms I - III, Makashi being my top favorite of the three." She said in response to his question.

(Yay, mentioning it gave me the shortcut for the link I've been hunting down all day)

"Good, good" he said, nodding. "In blade against blade, switching from Ataru and Makashi is a very good strategy in combat, and my personal favorite"

"So, since you've obviously done your research..." he began. "You see people using Ataru and flying through the air at high speeds, slashing and dicing in hopes of hitting their opponents. How exactly do you do that?" he asked, testing her knowledge.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She made a mental note of his recommendation of switching between Ataru and Makashi during physical confrontations. It hadnt crossed her mind to use the skills in tandem like that. An impressive idea.

She looked at him with her black eyes, as he began to ask her another question.
"Hmm well I would assume that the acrobatics stem from utilizing the force to enhance physical capabilites. Hm?" She said softly.

"Yes" he said with a nod. "Of course, there's also using the Force to propel yourself, depending on how much exactly you plan on leaping about. It can be a less energy exhausting method if you're only planning a few short bursts. Of course, you only have so much time to plan things out during combat, this is where quick thinking and reflexes will come in handy" he explained.

He took a breath, before leading her toward a training dummy. "A few simple exercises to start. Easy enough for a Padawan as late in as you. I want you to use the force to propel yourself, or if you prefer, use it to enhance your physical capabilities... And get around the dummy. Either slash in mid-air, or slash when you land. Or both, if you can be quick enough" he instructed.

"This will hone your ability to use Ataru, allow you to get comfortable with the style before doing anything dangerous with it, and once you've got the basics down, we'll move onto the next lesson on it"

The Master cracked his neck and crossed his arms.

"Begin" he instructed firmly.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She nodded as he explained to her what he wanted her to do. He led her over to a training dummy, and she positioned herself in front of it, her lightsaber hilt in a two handed grip held close to her chest. She would have to utilize the force to enhance her agility and propel herself, while landing an attack on the training dummy. It sounded easy of course, but one would have to experience it first.

On his signal, she ignited her blade and assumed the opening stance. She moved her two handed grip to the right side of her body, and hold inner ignited blade vertical. She centered herself in the force, and when she felt her body becoming light she decided to act. She used the force to jump, performing a forward flip in the air, and she came down with her blade, striking at the right shoulder of the dummy. She landed in a slight crouched position, her feet touching the ground, followed by her long brown skirt lightly floating and covering her legs back up.

She slowly stood up, and looked over at the Master for his approval, hopefully she had did what he wanted.

He gave a nod in approval. "Good. Good" he said approvingly. "Next dummy" he added, pointing to another one nearby.

"This time, I want you to land behind your opponent. Leap over them and land right behind them, and quickly put your blade through it. Done right, this can be the ultimate advantage while using Ataru" he instructed.

He pointed toward the dummy again. "Begin"

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She turned her head when he pointed towards the other training dummy. She made her way to the artificial training buddy. After hearing the instructions on what she was supposed to do next, she brought her lightsaber up, vertically in front of her.

Closing her eyes for a quick second and breathing, she bent her legs slightly, and theb propelled herself in the air aided by the force. she performed a flip over the dummy and when she came down in a slightly bent position, she manuvered her lightsaber so that it went underneathe her arm and came out of the direction of her back and straight into the dummy.

She turned her lightsaber off, it returning from the dummy back to its hilt, and she stood up straight. Sge turned back towards the councilor.

"Good, good" he applauded positively. "Good form. You learn fast" he said with a slight smile.

"Now... Do you have a decent understanding of how Ataru works, Padawan?" he asked curiously as he paced the room, his eyes never leaving her.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She had an subtle smile forming on her red face, when the Jedi Councilor praised her abilities. Regardless of if she was a quick study or not, Sochi always remained humble.

"Oh, it's because your teaching skills were great that I was able to grasps the concept as quick I might have Master." She responded softly, while holstering her lightsaber.

"I can say I have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics of this form Master, I appreciate your lesson." She followed up.

He smiled a bit as he got to work on re-progamming one of the training droids. The ones with arms and legs that were meant to represent a humanoid.

"Good" he said calmly. "Now, care to test your skills with Ataru, or do you feel you are satisfied currently?"

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom