Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever heard of...(OSL)

Pirates...

This is why I hate flying. The thought ran through his mind on repeat over and over again like a broken record. The Jedi Master hands moved quickly and carefully as lights lit up and buttons were pressed ensuring no massive damage had been done in the attack.

"Initiating system check, okay here we go." Kahne muttered under his breath and just then his little droid came in beeping and whistling away. "Please don't tell me that, that's the last th-" The Jedi Master let out a small frustrated sigh as the system check beeped red several times right at the area where Gala had just informed him of.

"That will definitely complicate things. Well, where would be in the universe without days like today. Isn't that right [member="Samara Raine"]?" Kahne chuckled lightly as he glanced back over to his Padawan, whom he had been traveling with.

"Would you do me a favor and go check the hyperdrive? I hope that Gala and this system check are wrong."

The duo as well as Gala had just left the planet of Geonosis, dealing with a slave trafficking issue. Helping those where they could whilst the Galactic Alliance did their thing. Kahne did indeed miss his home with GA, however this was necessary for the growth and learning for his Padawan. Tython being the next destination for several reasons, with it being once a Jedi world and he knew there was still much to learn even from the ruins and what remained there. Unfortunately they were attacked en route to Tython and with the problems plaguing them now which he hoped were wrong. The Jedi Master knew they would have to find the nearest safest planet to land and get the ship repaired.

The Jedi Master brought up the galaxy map as his brow furrowed a bit and he frowned. "Samara, have you ever heard of Monastery?" Kahne spoke through his comlink whilst he was sure his Padawan was at the back of the ship now.

[member="Bethany Kismet"]

When it raines, it pours.
The honey blonde sat quietly in the co-pilot's chair monitoring the scans and comms as [member="Kahne Porte"] troubleshooted the damage to their ship after they'd had an unexpected encounter with pirates during their last mission. Red warning lights were going off across the flight console of the A-36 Sleuth, and even though the Jedi Master seemed outwardly calm with his usual hopefulness showing his aura was anything but. Though some of that might have been due to a conversation he'd had with a certain brunette that she had overheard; not because the young girl was eavesdropping, but more so that the ship was small and voices carried.

Attachments were hard for Jedi to manage. Samara's master had it bad for his, though with putting the duty of the Force before love came with a price. The Padawan hadn't delved too much into the matter with him, though had noticed Kahne even more hopeful than usual after spending time with his Taanabian beauty. He even whistled a tune sometimes to himself. Course the Voryzd-born didn't have a clue as to what it was called, but it sounded like a love song maybe. At eighteen, she hadn't been in a situation that had anything to do with matters of the heart... though Samara was fond of boys though way too insecure to be forward with one.

Samara's golden head turned back when Kahne's astromech droid entered the cockpit whirling and beeping away, Slate blue orbs then flicked to the Master Jedi in the pilot's seat. "As you wish, Master," she dutifully answered, then motioned for the R2 unit to lead the way.

"Well lead on, Gala.. You can show me what you found, hmm?"

The Jedi teen and the dome-topped droid went through the small passenger compartment of the scout vessel, then into the main cargo hold where the engineering bays were located at the aft of the scout vessel. It didn't take but a minute to determine their hyperdrive unit was on its last legs.

"Stay here, Gala, and monitor for us please. I'll go let our master know the extent of the damage. Thank you," Sam nodded to their droid companion and patted it's top affectionately, then went directly back up to the cockpit to report as Kahne was speaking to her over the comlink.

"Well, Master... The hyperdrive generator will need to be repaired and we do not have the parts needed I'm afraid," the blonde said upon entering through the hatch door, then slipped easily back into the co-pilot's seat before answering his question initiated.

"And Monastery? No I haven't... Though I think if you become a monk someone will not be any too happy with you... Just saying," she quipped lightly, then added more seriously as their situation was becoming more dire by the minute leaning over to get a better view the of galaxy map.

"Why is this place one you know of that will welcome us?"

The Jedi Master's hands rested lightly on the controls of the ship, and his eyes stared outwards towards the darkness of space. While space was indeed a cold place, there was a measure of peace to it. Of course when one wasn't under siege by pirates. Perhaps he didn't exactly hate flying, just moments here and there when things weren't going well. Kahne however took some pride in his ability to remain calm under extreme circumstances. The Jedi Master had been like that since he first became a Master. One of his ever shining traits.

"Well, Master... The hyperdrive generator will need to be repaired and we do not have the parts needed I'm afraid,"

"I had a feeling you were going to say that." Kahne replied in a soft voice as he glanced towards Samara. He chuckled lightly as he taking control of the ship once more, with the destination being Monastery itself. Kahne cleared his throat and shrugged his shoulders slight.

"And Monastery? No I haven't... Though I think if you become a monk someone will not be any too happy with you... Just saying,"

"Well if someone did have a problem with it, they would have to get over it. Wouldn't they?" Kahne smirked slightly as he retrieved the coordinate for the planet as the journey there began, which wouldn't take long at all.

"Why is this place one you know of that will welcome us?"

"I don't know if they will welcome us or not. I do know that it is the closest planet to us. I'd rather not risk a long voyage to these others. Besides if we get into trouble, Gala will protect us?" Kahne spoke in a regular tone, and an added humorous one towards the end in regards to Gala.

Kahne looked over to Samara and placed a hand on her should just briefly in reassurance. "Don't worry."

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

"Well if someone did have a problem with it, they would have to get over it. Wouldn't they?"

"Yes, it would be the preferred resolution, Master... though I still think you'd be in for a world of hurt if you did... Just saying," Sam smirked back ever so lightly with a soft giggle to follow, then let the matter go. This was not the time nor place to continue teasing [member="Kahne Porte"] about his love life, but the opportunity couldn't be passed up when the Master Jedi asked about her knowledge of Monastery.

"I don't know if they will welcome us or not. I do know that it is the closest planet to us. I'd rather not risk a long voyage to these others. Besides if we get into trouble, Gala will protect us?"

Kahne's strong yet comforting hand was felt upon the padawan's shoulder. His calm nature in the face of calamity was indeed reassuring. "Don't worry."

Samara's blue gaze met the Naboo Jedi Master's and she flashed a small smile at him. "I'm not... because you've taught me to have hope, and that we keep trying to find a solution to the problem, which we are," Sam nodded, then pulled out a datapad from the pouch on her utility belt to look up this place they were going to. History and lore very much interested her.

"Besides, like you said, we do have Gala," she grinned before losing herself in the data uploaded to the padawan's device from the Jedi Library on Sullust.

After reading a bit, the honey blonde looked over to Kahne, who was now navigating them along the Reena Trade Route towards the Mid Rim planet. "Did you know, Master... In the far past, Monastery belonged to the Order of the Sacred Circle, an order which revered all life forms. The planet itself is a rainforest teaming with a number of dangerous creatures such as Nightsthrikes and Saber cats., and that some of the latter can be tamed for pets. I wonder if this order or a semblance of it still exits? It sounds very interesting."

M O N A S T E R Y

In a valley in the high mountains, the white walls of Sanctuary rose from the forest. The main head quarters of the Order of the Sacred Lotus, Sanctuary was one of the larger enclaves on a planet of small villages and vast rain forests. A new group in the galaxy, they were not particular well known, but that wasn't something their founder was particularly concerned about. There was no lack of work for them, and fame had never been something she sought.

Bethany Kismet sat in the gardens. Normally, she'd be working- the diminutive woman rarely seemed to stop. But in this moment, she was doing something far more important.

"That looks like a very sturdy house," she said solemnly. The four year old girl beamed up at her. Going back to the carefully constructed pile of stones and twigs, the child stuck her tongue out of the corner of her mouth in concentration. Slowly, carefully, another small stick rose, swinging over through the air. Bethany watched as the girl grappled with telekinesis, but did not intervene or offer help. After a momentary wobble, she managed it on her own, and Bethany nodded to herself with a smile.

Two other children, six and seven, were 'working' on their own creations a few meters away. Bethany had found that teaching them through play was far more effective than endless drills and strict regiment. There would be time enough for that when they were older. Already, the seven year old was watching [member="Michael Sardun"] and his Journeymen with interest. She did nothing to discourage it, simply offering guidance when it was looked for.

She'd switched her communicator off for this slice of time with the children that lived in Sanctuary, so it wasn't entirely a surprise when someone came up quietly with an expectant 'I need to talk to you' look on her face.

There was always something.

"Excuse me a moment," she said with a smile. "I can't wait to see what you all can accomplish before I get back!"

Pushing off of the ground, she stepped carefully over the oldest's bridge before heading over to [member="Hazel Zanteres"] .

"Everything alright?"

[member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Samara Raine"]

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
The expression on Hazel's face when [member="Bethany Kismet"] finally reached her, was not a pleasant one. Or at least it wasn't an outwards one, rather it looked like the doctor had gone through some sort of hell; both physical and emotional. Her eyes looked dull and her lips were pressed into a thin line. She was dressed in her usual attire for when she was doing her part as a doctor, this time taking charge in overseeing the care for those they had brought back from Mandalore.

It had only been a day since they had returned, and it was clear those that had gone and helped had been put through the ringer. It had been the Order's first 'engagement' as it were, so many had gone there without much experience and only their impressions and thoughts. The looks on their faces when they had finally returned to Monastery told the story without any words being spoken.

Hazel hadn't been there, opting to have stayed and prepare Sanctuary for potentially ships full of wounded. Years of experience had drilled in the motion to be pre-emptive towards preparing for situations. Though she didn't have a ton of experience with aiding those effected by natural disasters; or whatever it was that had damaged Mandalore. Wounded were still wounded, no matter the circumstances.

Thankfully there hadn't been 'ships full' of wounded, the majority were more minor injuries and were quickly settled in as refugees for the time being. It was the seriously injured ones that had been on Hazel's mind, just as they were the main reason for approaching Bethany now.

"I have a medical report for you." Hazel's voice came out quiet, a hint of monotone in there. She reached into her coat pocket and pulled a datapad out, handing it to the Jedi Master. It had details on the wounded they had brought to Monastery, starting at minor injured to the more critical conditions. But there were also a few that had already been declared deceased.

"Unfortunately we've already lost a few that had been deeper in the city when they were rescued." Hazel sighed, taking her glasses off briefly to rub the bridge of her nose. The doctor seemed exhausted, but it went beyond just the physical and emotional turmoil; she was use to it, no I was the Force in her. Hazel had clearly been wearing herself out trying to use her healing abilities.

"Anyway." Hazel began, obviously desiring to try and move from the current mood, at least for a bit. "Elijah sent a message from wherever he went off to, said he might've found a great place for his idea; whatever that is. Oh, and one of the folks manning Sanctuary's sensors said they've begun to pick up a ship that might be heading our way, though they're apparently still too far out to try and communicate."

[member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Michael Sardun"]

En Route To Monastery Space

"Well, I'm glad you've kept something I've taught you to heart." The Jedi quipped and glanced her way and winked at her. Kahne took another deep breath as he looked ahead. His eyes glanced around at some point looking at different stars all the while keeping an eye on the computer. He was quite pleased to have taken Samara under his wing as his Padawan. The Jedi didn't have a student for quite some time, it was a nice and pleasant change. Samara was a good student, although she had her faults.

Who didn't...

"Did you know, Master... In the far past, Monastery belonged to the Order of the Sacred Circle, an order which revered all life forms. The planet itself is a rainforest teaming with a number of dangerous creatures such as Nightsthrikes and Saber cats., and that some of the latter can be tamed for pets. I wonder if this order or a semblance of it still exits? It sounds very interesting."

"Well I'm not looking at getting a pet this trip." Kahne mused thus a giggle escaped his mouth. "Revered all life forms, eh? That's nice, it would be great if they are still there or some semblance of them." Kahne nodded his head as he glanced over towards Samara. They were nearing their destination as the planet came into view. The Jedi's hand moved from the controls for a moment and opened up an open com channel.

"Monastery control do you copy?" The Jedi spoke firmly through the com. "If anyone cane hear this, my name is Kahne Porte. My ship was damaged in a attack by pirates and am requesting aide?"

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"]

Bethany's face was sober as [member="Hazel Zanteres"] handed her the report. She knew just how hard the other woman had been working in the past twenty four hours- too hard. All of Beth's duties meant that she had been unable to spend that time, shoulder to shoulder with the blonde doctor, but it was clear to the Jedi that she needed more hands than she had available, and she mentally went searching for who could be sent to lighten the load in medical.

"You've done very well," Bethany said softly. "The situation wasn't what any of us expected and you rose to the occasion..." just as everyone had to was left unsaid. "Thank you."

Hazel's comm crackled to life.

"Hey Doc, you anywhere near the boss lady?"

Bethany looked chagrined as she motioned for Hazel to hand over the comm.

"Bethany here."

She didn't apologize- everyone knew that slice of the day was dedicated to the children's lessons, unless something truly important was needed. Someone being attacked by pirates though qualified.

"Just gave permission to a ship inbound to land. Pirates- too close to our sector if you ask me- damaged their ship and they need repairs."

"Any wounded?"

"Negative, at least, not that they reported. I've directed them to the landing coordinates and they should be touching down soon."

Bethany nodded, glancing at Hazel.

"Thank you control. Did they identify themselves?"

"Not their affiliation, but the pilot said his name was Porte. [member="Kahne Porte"]."

The comm would have broken on the cobblestones if Hazel had been even a touch slower.

That name blossomed out of the past. It belonged to an era long gone, an order long gone. Coincidence, surely? After all, what were the chances that it was actually her Padawan on that ship? It would take barely a twitch to confirm that it was merely someone with the same name. So why did she hesitate?

Because everyone she had known and loved in that period was long dead. And she had only recently truly come to terms with that. Only recently had started making new connections. And if it *was* her Padawan, after all this time....

Then who else might still be alive?

She reached out with the Force. The confirmation of that familiar signature was swift and sure. Welcome to Monastery, Kahne.

She smiled, eyes lighting up.

[member="Samara Raine"]

While [member="Kahne Porte"] contacted the flight control for Monastery, his padawan kept reading the information on her datapad in hand about the Order of the Sacred Circle that used to call this Mid Rim planet home during the Old Republic era up to the Rebellion times. Samara was a knowledge seeker and had spent much time in the archives of the Jedi Library on Sullust in the past. She could read for hours about history of all sorts, but Jedi lore in particular.

"Did you know Master that the Order of the Sacred Circle was a religious order that worshiped the eternal, ever-renewing circle of life?" the youthful honey blonde stated in a question, but continued on without waiting for an answer. "...And that the Order sided with the Empire at first, then switched to ally themselves with the Rebel Alliance. Apparently they and the planet itself suffered a lot under the Imperial presence.... Duh?!" she smirked like a teenager would.

When the comm crackled back to life with an affirmative to land, Samara put her datapad dutifully back into it's carrying pouch on her utility belt, then readied herself for another adventure drawing in a breath, then releasing it to center herself in the Force.

"I'm looking forward to exploring this new place... How about you, Master?"

[member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"]

As he recieved the coordinates for landing, Kahne didn't even began to answer his padawans' question just for the sole purpose that he felt she was going to do that. She seemed rather excited about this, Kahne was hesitant as he had never been here before. History could be wrong and watch as they land and are beset upon by Sith Warriors. Kahne chuckled lightly as he dismissed the thought from his head and he glanced over towards Samara.

Welcome to Monastery, Kahne.

"Quite the bookworm aren't ya?" Kahne smiled as he ruffled her hair a little bit, and then that's when he took a deep breath that caused him to look straight ahead. Not worry or concern across his face. Just much surprise mixed with happiness, and even some confusion. Kahne took another deep breath, and then another as he docked the ship. "That's impossible...." The Jedi Master said just above a whisper as he powered down the ship and then stood up. "With the force, nothing is impossible..." The Jedi Master whispered again to himself. Not meaning to throw off what Samara was telling him or asking him. That familiar presence that graced him and he glanced around as if he was looking for something that wasn't there. The Jedi seemed quite flustered as he moved towards the back, with the small bed space grabbing his lightsaber.

"Let's uh...let's get going Samara." He said rather swiftly as he then stood before the doors that he had yet to open, however a smile could be seen on the face of the Jedi.

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"]

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
Hazel didn't particularly trust her voice after that, she just nodded at Bethany and gave the woman a grateful smile in response. At least the walk from Medical to here had its desired effect and given her a breath of fresh air; both literal and metaphorical. That and just being in the presence of the children during their lesson was enough to make some cracks in Hazel's weathered mood.

She was almost startled when her comm buzzed to life. Though she did let out a soft chuckle at Bethany's reaction, as she handed the device over. Hazel had been around the woman a few times in the past when someone had come up to her, addressing her by one title or another; Miss Kismet, Master Kismet, Boss. It was admittedly amusing to see the reactions, most especially back when she first discovered a ship had been named after her.

And when Bethany had suddenly let go of the comm, Hazel was quick enough to crouch down and snatch it before it could smash onto the ground. Frazzled she might be; but years of experience had pretty much hardwired quick reactions into her.

Hazel gave the woman a look - a mix of concern and curiosity, wondering what the name could mean to get such a reaction from the Jedi Master. Though when Bethany suddenly smiled - her eyes positively shining, she couldn't help but let out a soft smile.

"I take it this [member="Kahne Porte"] person is an old friend?" She asked, watching Bethany's expression. "If you're going to go meet the new arrivals I'd very much like to join you." She added, leaving the unspoken, yet obvious 'I'd rather be away from Medical right now' unsaid.

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Samara noticed her master acting strangely, mumbling to himself, then hastily exiting the ship after post-flight was finished, but she sensed no danger in the immediate area so let it go. As the Jedi teen would often hear [member="Kahne Porte"]'s lady friend say, "Men?!".

As the master and student walked down the aft boarding ramp of the scout vessel, the fresh air of the humid rainforest hit the honey blonde like a wave. It would take some time getting used to the warm stickiness of it, and hopefully the humidity didn't frizz out her hair.

"I think we may have a welcome wagon up ahead, Master. Friendly from what I can tell from afar," Sam announced as a small group of people came towards their direction.

[member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"]

"Old friend would be one way of putting it, yes," Bethany said with a laugh as they hurried toward the tarmac.

He had been her Padawan, half a millennia ago. She'd watched him grow, in the Force and in himself, with a certain quiet pride. Though she had trained other Jedi, only a small number had not only made it to Master, but walked a path that Bethany could stay in parallel with in her own way.

Shielding her eyes from the glare of the sun and the dust kicked up by the landing ship, she waited beside Hazel, only stepping forward when the other pair appeared at the ship's door.

She didn't recognize the young blonde woman, but the man beside her? Up until that moment, she hadn't been completely sure if it was him. There were so many ways he could be almost her student but not actually..... Her face could hardly contain her smile. She didn't know how it had happened, how it was possible. But here he was.

For herself, Bethany actually appeared younger than the last time they had met, younger even than when she had trained him. But there was no mistaking the Jedi Master despite that.

"You are a sight for sore eyes," she said as she closed this distance. She wanted to ask him a million questions, and suspected he had many of the same. There was time.

[member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"]

There was a million questions so to speak that he thought he would ask if he ever saw Bethany Kismet again. It seemed like it was over a milleniam ago. His Padawan had asked him questions, and Kahne answered them as much as he could....through silence. It was slightly amusing and that in itself raise a small smirk across the face of the Jedi Master. A slight wind picked up a bit and billowed his cloak around and even settled the dust that was in the area. He could see her in the distance, standing next to someone else he didn't know. If it wasn't her, she hoped that she hadn't taken it wrong that he was staring at her so much. The Jedi walked forward and he could see definitely that it was her and initial shock set it. Kahne took a deep breath as she closed the distance as did he and she spoke.

"You are a sight for sore eyes,"

Kahne chuckled lightly as he shook his head. "I can say the same thing old friend, my master." He closed the distance and while it might have felt strange perhaps Kahne was so happy to see her, his arms wrapped around her and gave her a big hug.

"I can't believe it's you!" The Jedi exclaimed.

[member="Bethany Kismet"][member="Samara Raine"][member="Hazel Zanteres"]

Samara took the subtle hint of silence from [member="Kahne Porte"] to mean that she should be mindful in this moment; to just watch and listen. So that is what the young padawan did.

The honey blonde hung back to allow him to take control of the situation, though what was confusing was all the more than pleasant surprise coming off both their auras as the diminutive brunette closed the distance and the two Master Jedi hugged - her master and his? But, she was so young, or at least [member="Bethany Kismet"] looked it? Pretty too. Old friends, huh?

[member="Hazel Zanteres"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom