Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Open to droids)

Break looked around to make sure no others would hear.
"Unlike most droids...I wasn't programmed for service I was made to fill the void in my creators heart after losing his son,and for the longest time I had no idea I was a droid. Most people that know me don't know I'm a droid."
He paused.
" And I see no reason why other droids shouldn't feel the same kindness I have been afforded."
He drank a bit of his water
"So I made a small sanctuary for our kind on my home planet. Which is already mostly inhabited by droids... You are welcome to join of you come by. We even are gaining foothold as a political party on my planet..."
He smiled.
Can you believe it? We're so close to freedom where I'm from...and these bolts are already getting restrictions back home...but here nobody would know."
He finished his water and turned around to watch the battle droid flirt with the other HRD.
[member="BB-4001A"]

TB-705

T
"Enchanted to meet you. Owner? Ah."

Unit 843 nodded sagely, still incapable of processing outside actions such as those of [member="Break"] and company. All attention was quite literally focused on [member="Morgan Redeaux"].

"No owner. Adherence to parameters of operation." Then he added preemptively. "Classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to memory purge you."

Sundance couldn't grin. He wished he could, but he couldn't. But if he could, then he would be. Right now. Huge grin. Too bad he couldn't.

"Your owner?"

Considering that he was a salvager, Janus was quite ready to help, as was his power droid. Fortunately, though, the old battle droid seemed to come back online. Turning around for a moment, the Twi'lek allowed his head tentacles to twitch back and forth in a way of expressing his gladness that the other didn't fall apart.

"If he had any further difficulty, then I would have hopefully been able to put him back together."

That being said, he had very little reason to stay if the other droid had come back online. He would have returned with his power droid should anything else have come up.

Allowing his saucer-shaped demolition droid to continue to flutter this way and that about the dance floor in an unusual pattern, Janus started to walk up toward the other two.

Looking at [member="BB-4001A"] and [member="Break"] in turn once he left [member="Unit 843"] to his devices as he greeted the other two.

"...die wanna wanga!"

His box droid decided to greet the other two as well, though that was done with a mighty noise emitted from his comparative primitive audio signaler.

Admittedly, Janus had not shared the other's political views in their entirety, but as someone who was training to eventually become a full-fledged Gray Jedi, he had a tendency to treat droids and just about everyone else with profound respect.

That was, of course, unless they had reason to cross him and then it might have seemed like some of that respect ran out, but this crowd was at least fairly decent for the time being.

Listening to another gonk noise prominently issued by his droid, Janus looked up, "Does anyone know where I could request a song?" It would seem his power droid had its own request to be making, or at least Janus had assumed so.

“Owner?" he asked her. Well, technically Morgan had no owner anymore, but lest the little guy get jealous - although she doubted the old model battle-droid was capable of envy - she lied and said, “Gerion Ardik is my owner.” Technically he was his employer but on some philosophical level she supposed that a few humans would compare being an employee to being a slave. It was just a more willing type of servitude.

“Wait right here,” she said holding up her hands to Sundance. “I still have guests to meet whom I’ve not spoken to yet.”

She approached the blue-skinned Twil’lek male who had helpfully stepped up when the Clanker was overheating. His lekku were quite long and magnificant. The HRD heard him asking about requesting a song so she said, “There is a DJ at the top of the dance floor. It’s nice to know that your droid can enjoy music. I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance," she said greeting him with her hand outstretched.

[member="Unit 843"] [member="Janus Viminal"]

Having looked over gratefully to [member="Morgan Redeaux"], the Twi'lek moved his head and soon those prominent lekku gracefully trailed behind each of the motions he made with his head. Leaning that aforementioned head back slowly, one of the lights in the club glinted off the ring that he wore as a piercing around his bottom lip.

Naturally his droid started to make his way over to the top of the dance floor to make a request from that DJ by laboriously pumping his legs and making churrling noises.

Taking her hand once it was offered, Janus offered her a smile and nodded, "It's an honor to meet you." He had a slight Huttese accent as he spoke, "While I realize that some people might belittle a power droid from any era, I would certainly hope that he could enjoy many things. He makes a rather strong dejarik monster chess opponent, and since he is essentially a walking battery he is very useful to have around since I prefer to fly a rather...elderly ship. You cannot imagine how much he has kept her space-worthy."

Janus soon blinked, having seen the droid they were talking about placing his delicate manipulator arm into a slot at the DJ booth, which prompted the aforementioned individual to play a requested track:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_4mhAveMmA[/youtube]

"My name is Janus...Janus Viminial by the way."

He then smiled, offering her a nod. "I recognize I am a little out of place here, but I thank you for setting this meeting up and giving my droids an opportunity to socialize."

"Of course," replied Morgan. "I haven't been out roaming the galaxy for that long, and now that my circumstances have changed and I have the opportunity to travel, I have been very interested in meeting other droids as well as their Masters." Again for her own protection, she didn't want to completely advertise the fact that she was without a true Master anymore. And she had sufficient protection from slicers or so she hoped, but the HRD still needed to be careful.

Morgan watched Janus's droids enjoying themselves. Even inorganics could have fun it seemed despite the prevailing opinion in the galaxy. The HRD was no droid abolitionist but she did think that droids should be afforded, if not respect, than an opportunity to perform the duties they were programmed to do without harm.

She looked over at the blue Twi'lek again. "What do you do for a living, Mr. Viminial?" she asked.

[member="Janus Viminal"]

Despite being practically ancient, the combat droid Drazav had never actually been to the planet Lianna, but the same thing could be said for nearly every other planet in the galaxy though, as nearly most of the droid's activation time had been spent in a small warehouse due to the inability to decide wether or not to leave and learn, something that is only now an easy decision to make after years of learning. Standing outside the entrance to the Bantha Traxx was the tan armor plated Drazav, a blaster pistol in his hips holster and slugthrower assault rifle slung over his shoulder, and even though some may think differently, the droid had no intention of using either weapon, but he felt as if they were part of his 'look', so wherever he went, they went.

As the droid entered the Bantha Traxx, he processed data from earlier, mainly of when he'd received a message telling of a droid only social event, something Drazav had never thought that he would be contacted for, but as the droid's mind was aged, his knowledge of the galaxy and all it held was based only on documents he'd read (while limited), so it was completely possible that someone had known he was a droid.

If anyone turned to the entrance as Drazav stepped away from it, they would see what could be perceived as a mercenary/bounty hunter that had entered the wrong establishment, but as the droid spoke over the music in a deep and monotonous voice, as no voice data had been recorded for the practically ancient droid to use, it became mostly clear that he was in fact, a droid "Greetings." There was a pause and a few very quiet clicks that emanated from Drazav "I assume that this is the establishment where a 'droid only event' is being held?"

[member="Morgan Redeaux"]
[member="Break"]
[member="BB-4001A"]
[member="Janus Viminal"]
[member='Unit 843"]

Considering Janus' history, he knew the dangers that could come from slicers only all too well, but then again considering his current situation he would have been the least likely to be a security threat to her. If anything he would have gone out of his way to protect [member="Morgan Redeaux"] or anyone else if it was necessary to maintain a decent balance.

Due to the code he had been following he would have expected the same from her and everyone else as well - help when they are in danger, receive help when you are. It all sounded a little idealistic, but he trusted in it.

"Well, for much of my life I was a gentleman's gentleman. Perhaps you are familiar with the fact that so many of my people who live off world have been...trafficked. It was my way of avoiding such a fate. That is precisely why I treat my droids so well - my people know only too closely what it is like to be in bondage."

His lekku twitched a bit as his face turned up into a smile. Pulling his silver cloak a bit more around him, he soon began to speak again, "Well, I suppose you could say that I train."

Apparently he felt it right to leave it at that, considering that he didn't know how exactly droids would respond to learning that he was a Force sensitive individual.

During the time he spoke to her, his power droid had been fumbling back toward them, apparently enjoying the track that he had requested from the DJ. The box-like non-biological creature seemed to make a few noises with his audio signaler, trusting that the other seemingly ancient droid would understand it.

Basically he had been trying to tell [member="Drazav"] that this was, indeed, where the droid event was being held and if he had wanted to go request a track the DJ booth was in that direction.

HK 42 was already in the the club, watching everyone who entered and tried to get sexual enjoyment. He actually never tried that, but he was capable of such actions. HK 42 went up to the one droid he wanted to talk to,[member="Boo Chiyo"], who had an afro that he found...remarkable. He'd tap her shoulder to get her attention, and when she turned, he introduced himself"

"Introduction: Hello Miss, I am HK 42, and I'd like to make your acquaintance. What is your name?"

He'd raise his arm, and holds his hand out to shake hands, something that none of the other droids had even attempted to HK 42's knowledge. [member="Drazav"] [member="Morgan Redeaux"] [member="Unit 843"][member="Break"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom