Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Work is Cortosis

Gray had recently obtained a mine on Bel'demnic from the local upper caste of the Kon'me people native to Bal'demnic. The planet was remaining neutral as ever, so it had been a bit rough getting it from them. They had thankfully agreed though, so everything was going smoothly now. Or at least it should have been going smoothly, but that wasn't the case right now. The deposit was rich and large, but the mine was in rough shape. It had not been taken care of properly, and neither had the workers. He had ordered supplies and contracted some builders to try and get things back on track. A lot of work was needed and things were already underway for that.

Gray landed in his ship on the mine's landing pad. He could see the rush of workers going on all over. He watched as miners dodged builders on their way in and out of the mine shaft, and builders did their best to stay out of the miners way as much as possible as they worked on every building. He figured he would make sure everything was going well and maybe grab a shipment of cortosis as well. He had asked his fiance [member="Stardust"] along as well. She enjoyed helping people, and the faster he got this job finished the better for the productivity of the mine and the health of the miners.

Stardust looked out as the seems dto slowly near the mine...from here she could see it's shape and shook her head.. People shouldn't be left like this...it was....beyond words for her...however she and her soon to be husband gray were gonna fix it

Her thoughts were confirmed when she saw the mine closer as they landed and boarded out...not the best shape however these miners still moved on and out bringing and take carts to and fro!

She smiled as she looked to gray"not a bad place eh?

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray looked out at his workers as [member="Stardust"] spoke to him. He said as he made up his mind on what to do first, " Won't be when I get done with the place. I'm going to go talk with the foreman and have him prepare some cortosis for us to sell. After that I am going to go help the builders. If you like you can join me or you can meet me at the builders. There is also the medical tent that is up while they finish the clinic. Cortosis mining is dangerous work, and I can't believe they didn't have anything in place to help the miners with injuries or even to prevent them. Anyways, it is your choice where you can go. I'm going to go talk to the foreman now." He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek before he began to head to where the foreman was likely at.

Gray spoke with the foreman quickly and let them go back about his job. The kon'me was very busy keeping everything in order, but he also seemed to be thriving in it and glad to have the chance to do so much. Gray had come to learn that the lower caste were not as happy with their position in their society as the upper caste tried to make it seem. He was sure to treat them more as equals than as pawns, and it seemed to be working in his favor. They listened to him willingly and were happy to do whatever he asked. The better supply of food and aid was not hurting things either. He got to the clinic site and began to help with finishing to clear the area of debris.

She nodded and smiled"alright I think I'll go into the mind I'm sure the workers could use a morale booster and a set of strong arms I'm sure"she said

So she went off and started into the mind finding the person in charge for down there and started dheloing hauling things away and pulling them up as well as talk and raise the morale of those working hard soon a gently hum filled the mines as she moved along and along picking up the heavy objects with ease, soon they had a crate of cortosis up on the surface and ready to be delivered

However not all would remain bright and happy as when the cart back back down it did so a lil to quick...and derailed hitting a alreayd weakened support beam and caused it to crack...stardust watched and cursed before it soon cracked and caused the lower mines to start to rumble.. Str started evacing workers out quickly and managed to get half out before the mine collasped

And in a spilt second decision... She put all her power to one thing

She focused and held her hands out creating a bubbled that the rocks pile dip on burying her and the workers within the bubble. .started panting as the rocking soon stopped

On the top workers could be seen running out as dust blasted outwards

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray was hammering some nails into some wood to support the foundation of the new clinic. He was a little lost in thought as he tried to figure out everything that had been going on lately. He had gotten so busy with the company and with doing things for the Free Colonies. He was even doing stuff in the Mandalorian territory lately on top of it all. He was just spreading himself out thin and needed to look at finding a way to ease some of the stress and tension he was under lately. He had barely gotten to spend any time with his fiance at all. He didn't like it, but he had some commitments, including two deals he needed to get on top of as well.

Gray was having all of that running through his mind when there was a sudden loud noise coming from the mine. He looked over at it and saw some dust covered kon'me miners run out. They began screaming about a cave in. Wasn't that where Star had gone earlier? Was she safe or did she get caught up in it? He dropped his hammer and rushed over to the mine. He ran past the kon'me miners and heard enough to know she hadn't gotten out of there. He went down to the bottom of the mine and saw a pile of rubble blocking the lower depths of the mine. Was she trapped under there? Was she alive or dead? He could feel panic taking him over. He yelled out despite the flakes of dust still falling from time to time on top of him, " STAR! ARE YOU ALIVE?! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

[member="Stardust"]

Stardust panted as she looked up and around...she had no idea if she took her force bubble down would these rocks fall and kill them all that was with her or stay tigether long enough for her to figure a way out of this death trap...and in the moment she felt fear...something hadn't felt in awhile...it wasn't fear of death more less fear of not returning to gray...of leaving him a widower..no...no sh wouldn't die in a cave

She projected her force Signature to him in a ping...she couldn't talk to him mentally... She was putting to much power in as it was right now...however she looked around and saw the men who managed to get in the bubble and looked up before closing her eyes...she'd have to melt the rocks together yet leave a path were she can find the weakness and start pushing out...so now she sighed and focused the heat around the bubble expect for where she had saw the entrance... The roocks soon started to bind together till they became a solid wall and she stopped paying as she fell to one knee and looked forward "alright...alright niw...now to get out

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray was panicing, more than he had in a very long time. He didn't know what he could do, what he would do. The love of his life, his better half, the best thing that has happened to him in some time. He needed to do something, but what could he do? What could he do?! Then he felt the ping coming from [member="Stardust"] which meant she was alive. She was still alive in there and had heard him. She was alive......but why did she ping him instead of talk to him through telepathy?

Gray needed to calm down. He was not thinking straight from the overflow of emotions right now. He closed his eyes and began to focus. He let the force flow into him and soothe his torrent of emotions. As he did, he could feel Star's signature and use of the force. He could tell she was heating the rocks while holding them up. She was exhausted from it all also, which was not good. He needed to do something to aid her. And he knew how to figure that out. He looked out through fore sight into the rocks. He could not see anything at first other than a barricade of stones, but then he saw it. He saw a way for them to get out if he did something on his end. He opened up his eyes and dropped his force sight. He began to focus on the stones and started to move them out of the way carefully. If he screwed up even once, they might end up dead inside of there.

Stardust stood as she called the force to her and looked to the rocks she left un melted...she could definitely clear a path..maybe..ah yes shatter point could clear a path "alright folks stay behind me

With that she focuses on the first layer and started feeling every crack ding and Hole... She smiled and turned he first layer into bits and pieces before moving them out of the way and going in further

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray had made a good sized dent into the debris wall. He was slowly but surely clearing a path so [member="Stardust"] and the trapped miners could get there way out of the mine. He could feel Star using the force down there, so hopefully their combined efforts would get things done that much faster. He was still scared something might happen to her, but he was much calmer about it now than he had been originally. The knowledge that she was a live and well enough to be doing what she was doing was all he needed to know. He worked without pause as he kept moving rock after rock, stone after stone out of the way.

Stardust kept moving onward now tunnleing at a faster speed as she panted sweat dropping off of her body and onto the rocks as she could feel gray tunneling with the force

She reached dout to him "gray.mgray I'm OK..tunneling....will need rations" she was always feeling quite tired just from using the force
[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray could sense that [member="Stardust"] was close to him. He could feel it at his very core. He knew he was getting close to getting her. He heard what she had to say about rations, but he didn't have time for that right now. He could order someone to get everything she needed once he had her out of danger. The priority for him right now was to get her out of inside of those rocks. He knew all that was left was a bit more of the stuff. He stopped for the first time, but that was only so he could draw the force into him. He let it build up quickly inside of him until he could feel it swell up to the point he would burst at his seams. As he got to that point, he let it all out in one major burst sending stones flying up and then backwards quickly.

Gray began to pant as the dust from his action began to settle, revealing all of the trapped miners were now freed from their stony prison. He said as he caught enough breath to, " Everyone head out of the mine. Go see the medics and then get some food and drinks. I think today's over with, so don't worry about docked pay. You will get a full day's worth of pay." He turned to Star and added, " Beautiful, you look like you could use a shower and a stiff one.... or two. How about we load you and the cortosis shipment up on the ship and I see to it that you get everything you need?"

She oa Ted nearly about to pass out before she watched light pour into the cave as her eyes quickly adjusted before she saw gray and moved so the miners could get out before follow and falling into his arms pamts

I need ...food...and love...and wine...all three please

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray held tightly onto [member="Stardust"] as she fell into his arms. He smiled as he wrapped her up tightly in his embrace. He kissed the top of her head as she spoke to him. He said after, " Of course Beautiful. I will make sure they load up the cortosis as we get you to the ship. Then you can gave everything your heart desires, as much as it desires." He lead her out of the mine shaft slowly, so that she would not fall along the way. He was glad she was alright, even if she needed some things in her. He ordered the foreman to do as he asked and to give the miners a day off. He was going to need to reinforce the mine and make sure everything inside was cleared out and inspected soon. For now though, he was taking his love back to his ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom