Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Knock Life

In the distance Kenna could hear the sounds of sirens but didn't look up. This was a normal sound here in the city where people were getting killed or mugged for one thing or another. The squad did there best to keep up on the crime but the town was becoming overrun by criminals.

She didn't kill people herself but did a little stealing and pickpocketing ever so often. A girl has to eat after all and with no job or home she had no choice but to resort to a life of crime. The thought of becoming a 'lady of the night' crossed her mind but she decided against it. Kenna would rather life on the streets as she was. Under the bridge wasn't too bad after all there was always a fire going and she was never alone.

Rubbing her hands together over the fire she turned slightly to her left to see two individuals speaking in a hushed tone. As it was cold she wondered what they were doing but just shrugged it off and turned back to the fire. The last thing she wanted was trouble. She had enough of it to last her a lifetime as it was.

The blonde pulled the tattered sweater closer around her as a few others joined her. Kenna had no idea how she ended up where she was today. It didn't really matter as she couldn't change it so she just shrugged it off and went on the best she could.

He was one of the men to the women's left, who was speaking with a hushed tone. Somehow unaware of her, he turned to the man he was speaking with, jabbing a finger at the person, before raising his voice in anger. The man he was speaking with nodded, spun around, and began sprinting in the opposite direction. He slowly turned around, his eyes falling upon a woman by a fire. Clutched in Maccus's hand was his plain, black guitar case. Clad in black, the man slowly approached the woman by the fire, giving a polite nod in her direction. He slowly set the case down, crouching down in front of the fire. "Mind if I hang around?" Was all the man had said, his voice raspy yet deep.

[member="Kenna Raine"]

Gavin XIII

Sour Candy Sithspawn
Gavin was here because he wanted to kill. Sure, he could sate his misguided bloodlust somewhere else, but it was invariably more profitable to commit homicide in cities like this one. One could never know which piece of worm-ridden filth could make one money by dying. And freeing people from their mortal coils was what the Thirteenth was made for.

At this moment, he could see a small firepit, surrounded by several people huddled in random scraps of cloth or leather. One identified as a small-time thief. Nothing interesting. Another looked like a local serial killer. Fascinating. Gavin stood over the man, as another walked over. He picked the murderer up by his collar, and smiled evilly into his face.

"Normally, I would grant you a last meal. From one killer to another, though, you understand why I won't do that."

[member="Kenna Raine"] [member='Maccus Thorne']

Stepping out into the cold evening air from the bar, Sera could see her breath on the frost bitten air. Ughhhhh...Of all of my enemies, the cold is the worst. Her attire was ill-equipped for handling the cold as well, which certainly was not helping any. She shrugged the shivers off as she continued walking, taking in the sights as she passed a number of landmarks and complexes. She had spent so much time at the temple on Ossus lately that she hadn't had much room for traveling elsewhere. It was nice to get out for once.

There was an uncomfortable atmosphere around this area. Chaos and fear spread like wildfire, she could feel the duress all around. It was slightly concerning how things deteriorate to such a level that murders become the norm for any area. She was no police officer, so it wasn't exactly her place to become some kind of vigilante, but she understood the necessity of stepping in if things were necessary. Approaching a bridge that led to her hotel she noted three humans underneath it. One female and two males. The female was huddled next to a fire with some terribly unkept clothing, the males likewise but looked much worse for wear than the girl.

Sera sighed, she hated seeing anyone homeless, hungry, or cold. Her nature was constantly at odds with her Jedi teachings, so surely this would get her into trouble eventually as well. Approaching, Sera waved to the girl and stood next to her at the fire, ensuring to keep her pair of lightsabers hidden underneath her attire. One of the men approached the fire as well. She smiled to him.

"It's quite cold tonight...You two care for some company?"

One of the other men approached, Sera's eyes widened as she overheard him speaking about killing him. Ugh. Why does this always happen to me? Sera turned to the man as he finished speaking. "How about you put him down and let's talk about why we're all of a sudden going to kill each other?"

[member="Gavin XIII"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Maccus Thorne"]

Drigs Haimann glanced in the rear view mirror long enough to check that the police were just out of site. Setting the speeders cruise control/autopilot at around 45 he opened the passenger side door and jumped off the bridge. He landed in the water, plunging deep in to the frigid darkness. With powerful strokes he began making for the shore even before he resurfaced. Reaching solid ground he slogged ashore, shoes squelching. he noticed a group huddled around a fire and sloshed his way over rubbing his arms and chest. Taking off his jacket, he picked picked up a nearby stone, tied the jacket around it and flung it out into the river. The sirens of several police speeders in pursuit sounded as they passed on over the bridge. Turning to the group he adressed [member="Gavin XIII"] "how much for your coat?"

There never was the same crowd under the bridge which made Kenna ponder a bit on what happened to them. Had they gotten locked up or worse. The thought of being locked up where they actually fed you didn't seem like such a bad thing in her mind. She even thought about turning herself in sometimes.

"Sure," she shrugged in response to the man. She didn't much care whom decided to join her. Company was nice as it helped take away troubles if only for a moment.

"Yes, please don't fight. I think we all have seen enough. Can't we just use this place as a safe haven?"

@Maccus Thorne[member="Gavin XIII"][member="Drigs Haimann"][member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Gavin XIII

Sour Candy Sithspawn
Gavin looked around at these strange people, first the pink-skinned Twi'lek, and then the small man asking for his coat. His eyebrow raised as he looked at the woman first, wondering how to answer. Before he got to, though, the serial killer tried to punch the Thirteenth in the jaw. The man yelped in pain as the contact broke his index finger. Gavin's gun seemed to fly through the air, to touch its barrel to the man's forehead.

"I can't help but think that you weren't overly fond of that hand. Or this life."

He smashed his gun across the criminal's face with enough force to mildly concuss him. Now, he looked back at the pink-skinned woman, and the other one trying to get me not to kill the man.

"Do you have a problem with me concussing him, too? He's just a serial killer. No skin off your noses, eh?"

Now he glared at the man who'd been asking him for his coat.

"I wouldn't trade this jacket for the Infinite Empire. Get your own."

[member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Maccus Thorne "] [member="Drigs Haimann"] [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Sera raised one of her hands up, "You don't look like law enforcement. If what you say is true, his murders do not make you justified in killing him. He needs to be tried. It is not your place to simply execute him."

She stepped forward toward the two, "Please, put the gun down. We can call for a lawman. Don't be rash. Nobody needs to die."

[member="Gavin XIII"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Drigs Haimann"] | [member="Maccus Thorne"]

Gavin XIII

Sour Candy Sithspawn
Gavin raised his eyebrow at the Twi'lek, again. The gun was holstered, and the man unconscious on the ground, before anybody could say anything. His smirk showed quite a few of the fang-like teeth concealed behind his lips, and he spoke with the air of a man completely unconcerned with the people around him.

"Justice is bunk. Law is bunk. This guy dying puts money in my pocket. Money that those idiot lawmen give me to kill people like him."

He looked her over once, and figured out what the problem was when he saw a vaguely cylindrical shape under the woman's clothing. He stepped close enough to mutter into her ear, and stepped past to sit down.

"Nothing you could do to stop me anyway, little Jedi."

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Drigs Haimann"] @Maccus Thorne

The man stepped past her, Sera shook her head and sighed. "So, you claim yourself a bounty hunter then? Have you proof of his deeds and bounty or not?"

As much as she wanted to stop this from unfolding, if the bounty was in fact legitimate, there was little she could do to intervene.

Regardless, she knelt down immediately next to him, their bodies facing opposite directions, but close enough that they could see each other in their peripherals. She gritted her teeth, "Show me, or you won't be killing anybody, mercenary."

[member="Gavin XIII"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Drigs Haimann"] | [member="Maccus Thorne"]

Contract after Contract, Bounty after Bounty, Its starts to tire ya out after while and after month straight of Mercenary work even a Gen'Dai would get tired and groggy. The City looked well enough to rest in but what he was looking for a a bar, but it seemed he would not find one in this part of town. The 8'5ft Armored Gen'dai walked around the city with a thump in his steps, His Presence was that of Agony, blood lust, greed and Despair. The Darkside was very strong with him it was not seen but the feeling of dread could almost be smelt and it reeked. Poorer crowds eyed his Armor suit and his only carried weapon a Giant Power hammer. It fitted his brute like combat style and placed fear into those who lacked it.

Amongst Walking Kezeroth was bothered slightly, his Sensory Acuity was tuned to his new environment and all he heard was Arguing. It took him a couple minutes to find the source and the closest he got to it was a bridge. Looking around he growled, he was curious after all. As the voices continued Kezeroth slowly looked down seeing a Barrel of Fire with some bodies around it to stay warm. A Twi'lek and some humans.. Most Interesting he thought as he lazily used his Targeting system to zoom in on them all, For now he said nothing he only observed the amused conflict. As he watched the words bounty and Mercenary were heard. Tilting his head he examined the Twi'lek more, This was not her Environment or at least that was his guess... Who was she?

[member="Gavin XIII"]
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]
[member="Kenna Raine"]
[member="Drigs Haimann"]
@Maccus Thorne

Gavin XIII

Sour Candy Sithspawn
Gavin looked at the Twi'lek out of the corner of his eye, and his smirk grew more pronounced as he did. The man was nothing to him, nor was the money. It was the kill, and the method of doing so that did. Money was just a convenient facade to legitimize his little "playtimes". He kept his whisper almost inaudible, so that only the pink-skinned woman would hear him.

"Well, Miss Pink Jedi, I don't particularly care about the bounty. I simply have fun killing killers. How does that make you feel?"

He had a feeling that it wouldn't brook a reaction, which was exactly how he wanted this conversation to go. He'd heard much about the stoic Jedi, and their lack of emotion. He knew he was testing it, now.

"Tell me you've never enjoyed killing something. Doesn't matter who or what it was. The hunt, the chase, and the adrenaline they give you... It's intoxicating."

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] [member="Kenna Raine"]

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] | [member="Gavin XIII"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Drigs Haimann"] | [member="Maccus Thorne"]

Sera shook her head, "No, I've never enjoyed killing anything. There is nothing glorifying or...intoxicating, in causing the death or pain of another living thing. You confuse me with the Sith. But, as for how it makes me feel? I feel sorry for you. Just remember your choices, as there's always a better killer. Perhaps if your skills were put to better use, you would satiate your own needs while still fulfilling a better purpose than petty murder for pleasure, no?"

Returning the man's smirk with her own, "For the record, my skin is Byzantine, not pink."

Gavin XIII

Sour Candy Sithspawn
Gavin was genuinely surprised at the woman's response, and his smirk widened into a smile. Without any sort of warning, he slid back to look into the Jedi's face. His whisper was softer now, than before. Less demanding, and more forlorn.

"Tell me, then... What would you have the Thirteenth kill for, instead of pleasure? A Sithspawn cannot really be tamed by anybody but its master, and mine learned what a mistake it is to mistreat one's possessions. Especially when that possession can take a lightsaber to the chest and survive."

He looked up at the sky, and sighed quietly. Memories of the first three years of his life flooded through his mind, and of the death of his master, by Gavin's hand. He looked back at the pink - sorry, Byzantine - woman, and shrugged noncommittally.

"Go ahead, Miss Jedi. I'm interested to hear your solution. Of course, if you don't like my response, you might have to try and stop me... I look forward to that, too."

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] [member="Kenna Raine"] [member="Drigs Haimann"]

[member="Gavin XIII"] | [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Drigs Haimann"]

Turning to face Gavin, she placed her hands in her lap and puffed her cheeks out as she exhaled. "I wouldn't have you kill, in fact, just the opposite. I wouldn't have you do anything. You're free to make your own choices, but you could be well off in the company of the Republic, much more so than with-" her nose twitched in disgust, "The Sith. It may take a bit of convincing given your unfortunate circumstances, but you would be accepted, who knows, maybe you've got the right amount of ambition to lead an army, or command a ship? Protecting others from oppression is always a noteworthy cause, and you'll certainly have no shortage of action if that is what you desire."

Sera shrugged her shoulders, "At the very least, there's no beatings, punishments, or torture to endure. That has to count for something, no?" She was careful not to acknowledge the latter prodding to stop him if his response was not plausible. She wasn't here to start trouble. "And, most people just call me Sera, no need to call me Miss Jedi." She smiled softly to Gavin.

Kezeroths eyes opened in his helmet slightly hearing the word Jedi. Listening to the Twi'leks words the Gen'dai could not hold in his laugh, Young jedi trying to recruit merc's? It made his day. Hoping over the railing Kezeroth began to free fall, A Blur of Dark redish armor past flashed by as he traveled mid flight and with a sudden Crash he landed hard in a crouch position behind [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]. Slowly standing up he chuckled and looked down at the young jedi then his gaze changed over to [member="Gavin XIII"].

" What is this?!" the Gen'dai mimiced the sound of sniffing the air, even though his species did not breathe. " Fresh meat!... Far from home. Oh how low the Republic has fallen, Resorting to recurit Mercenaries and killers to fight the Sith.." He said in a snarl changing his gaze from the Human to the Twi'lek. Crossing his arms Kezeroth Walked back and looked around to examine the area. He still was looking for a bar and it seemed there was one nearby on this level.

" What Business would a jedi have here?" he asked tilting his head slightly.

[member="Kenna Raine"]
[member="Drigs Haimann"]
@Maccus Thorne

Gavin XIII

Sour Candy Sithspawn
Gavin had been about to reach out and touch Sera, but at the last moment he cringed back as a huge man came flying down to their spot by the firepit. A Gen'dai. Kezeroth Barcu. This man was a murderer of great renown, and a former Sith in his own right. In a movement that would have seemed to the naked eye not to have happened, the Thirteenth had his gun spinning on his finger, and the hammer set to fire. He was instinctively set to kill.

"Oh, Lord Barcu... You'll excuse me if I have no inclination to bow."

With a warning look at Sera, he swung his arm around her. An obvious bluff, if the Jedi girl made an obvious move against him. But Gavin was Force Dead. His mind would be a void to anybody who looked into it.

"This is my friend, Sera. I'd appreciate if you didn't make her little jaunt with me too much trouble. Don't want those stiff ol' masters to find her out, yeah?"

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"] | [member="Gavin XIII"]

The ground shook as if a small earthquake was unleashed following the Gen'dai's landing, forming a small crater in the shape of his massive body. A shiver ran up the back of Sera's neck. The taint of darkside energy swarmed around the man. Turning to face him as he mocked her, she looked up, and up, annnnnd up. What is this....THING?! It's built like a brick house!

Sera heard the latch and hammer of Gavin's gun, and suddenly his arm was around her. She remained still as he spoke, interjecting only when the Gen'dai offered up his question. "Pardon me, but I don't know your name. But, you confuse my motives. I'm not here to recruit anyone, just offering a choice. I was in fact, on my way to my hotel and happened to come through. The Force leads me where I am needed." She looked back to Gavin as he spoke with half a smile, and a slight worry of what this beast-man was planning.

"well this is all a bit philosophical for me so, if no one has a coat for me to buy i will bow out now" said Drigs. A whole city of low lifes and poor and he had to stumble on a group of criminal philosophers.

" Whatever Force you listen to... It has a crappy sense of direction.. " he chuckled and then turned his attention to [member="Gavin XIII"] only to snarl and stare at him closely. " Who the Feth are you? Lord Barcu? Do i look like a karking Sith to you, Boy!" Kezeroth eyed them both, A minute ago they were fighting or arguing and now they were friends? Haha! He knew something was up now especially when the boy called him 'Lord' he was nothing close a lord, quite the opposite. " Damned Jedi... " he stopped suddenly and then started to laugh. He could literally feel the movements of something hard and study in the general direction of [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] and [member="Gavin XIII"], His best guess was that is was a Weapon of some sorts...

" One Knows me and the other does not? Interesting.... I am Kezeroth The Malevolent, but you can call me Mr. Malice if you want to little one." He said giving a lazy bow and shrugged to adjust his armor. The Shoulder Blaster moved from the left to right as if it was alive. " How do you know me, Boy? Answer me.." he said with a mild growl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom