Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Harbouring the Eclipse

Coveway.

The planet had a history. Rebellion was in it's blood. Given that it was outside of the Eternal Empire's territory, yet still in close enough proximity to it for purposes that Lori was of a select few to know about; it was the perfect place for storage.

Having been provided funds through a secretive source, Lori had purchased a few buildings inside of what was once an old military base, placing it under the fake name of Nest Holdings. Anyone doing some research would find it to be just a processed foods start up company. Lori had hired a couple of slicers to build up a bit of reputation for it in the holonet, along with some fake ads.

But of course the buildings didn't house any food processing equipment or supplies at all. And what it was to truly hold had yet to be delivered.

Lori inspected one of the warehouse buildings with Arla, her co-pilot and bodyguard, datapad in hand as she went over the schematics. "You say that there are tunnels under here? I don't see them on the blueprints."

"Those are the public records. The censored records show a very different subterranean level."

Lori nodded. "Well that's good enough for me." She brought her commlink up and flicked it to the channel that Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin was on. "Any luck finding tracker devices on the Sparrow?" It wasn't long ago that her ship; Jaster's Sparrow was held inside of a Star Destroyer belonging to Mitth'rae'leios Mitth'rae'leios . The Chiss suspected her Rebel involvement, and so she figured that there was probably a tracker planted somewhere while she was being questioned. While Arla and Lori explored the buildings, she had left Curtis to scope out her ship. The last thing that she needed was to be compromised. Then all of her efforts and of those within the Eternal Empire that hoped to take Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe down would be all for nought.

Lori hoped that she could use this as a base of operations. Kyle Ajahn Kyle Ajahn sort of gave her the idea. It may have to be moved some day, but it'd certainly do for now. All that she needed to do was contact Kalic Daws Kalic Daws , LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) and others when it was ready.

Last edited:
While she waited to hear back from Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin , Lori brought up her datapad and began writing an encrypted message to her twin brother Caedyn Arenais . The two had visited Commenor together a little while back, collecting a few items that belonged to their Dad WolfMortum WolfMortum . It was during that trip that they spoke about eachother's very different lives and how they each worked hard to get out from under the shadows of their parents. She did little that anyone would be proud of, having spent most of her time transporting goods or treasure hunting.

But now it was different. After the brutal occupation of Bakura began and she was caught in the middle of it, the spark of rebellion in her grew. Lori had always fought against rules and restrictions placed on her, yet she didn't know why. Caedyn always said that the Force had some kind of plan. So this had to be hers. Her ways of skirting rules, sneaking and pulling pranks must be skills that she needed in order to pull this off and destroy the Eternal Empire. The people they oppressed needed hope and she wasn't going to let that be taken from them.

This was her purpose.

~Hey Snotface!

I've got some exciting news! I've met a special someone and I REALLY need you to meet him! I'm not far from where you might be. Go to COVEWAY. I've gotta run some supplies there for Nest Holdings.

Please come!
Goofball~

Lori sent off the message. Of course Caedyn hated her nickname for him, but if there was a chance that someone could intercept the message, she wanted to be sure that her real intentions were kept a secret. And that was of letting him in on what she was really up to.

Curtis walked around the outside of the Jaster's Sparrow with a handheld scanner. It had been a while since they'd been able to rest, but even this was only a short one. As the scan swiped from left to right, Curtis heard Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' over his comlink. It was always a soothing sound to hear, even if she was only checking in on his progress.

"Nothing so far" He replied as he peered around one of the landing gears. "I think we're in the clear, anything you need me to do while I'm outside?" He spoke in a joking tone, and made his way towards the loading ramp, satisfied with his search. He closed his eyes for a second, feeling the energy of the planet they had found themselves on. Lori had picked a great hiding place, but if they were going to put up a real resistance, then it would need to be armed, armoured, and staffed.

Personally he didn't know how many people were willing to take up arms against the Eternal Empire, it had never been on his agenda. But since he was now free of The Sith Empire, he needed something to keep him on his toes. Plus travelling with Lori was still something he wanted, he liked her a lot after all.

Lori grinned as she heard Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin finally reply to her comms, and with great news to boot. No tracker that he could tell. That either meant that Mitth'rae'leios Mitth'rae'leios hadn't placed anything on her ship OR that if he did, it was hidden TOO well. She hoped for the former of course.

"Nothing else at the moment. Come and meet us inside. We've got some planning to do. Arla's got something to show us too." That being the hidden lower levels. Lori had some experience with such things. She was there inside of the bunkers, deep underground on Commenor when the Sith attacked. Fortifications were going to be needed here. But not so much topside as below.

Besides that Lori liked having Curtis with her on this. It made her feel all the better about her chosen direction in life.

Climbing the ramp, Curtis gave Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun a warm smile, and a nod to her droid. He could tell the droid wasn't his biggest fan, but that didn't matter too much to him. It was Lori's opinion he cared about.

"So, what have you got to show me, m'lady?" Curtis asked jokingly, placing one hand on her shoulder. He briefly scanned the loading ramp he'd just entered from, as if he was worried that they were being followed. It was more likely that one of her enemies would be tracking them rather than one of his, but he knew of at least one Zambrano who would not be pleased with his defection.

He'd deal with that later though.

Lori placed her hand on top of Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin 's, meeting his gaze with a smile. She liked his touch. It was reassuring and supportive; all of the qualities that she needed on this venture.

Arla of course merely rolled her eyes. She didn't mind Curtis so much, but her programming still didn't make her trust him completely either. "There's a subterranean level that we can use. The entrances are few and hidden. Here is one of them." She directed them to the shield generator room. After a moment she studied one of the brick walls. Tracing her hand across a few of the bricks, she pushed. A click was heard, followed by the scraping of stone as she wall moved inward revealing a tunnel.

"Wicked!" Lori grinned and pushed her way through to go down first down the steps. Lights clicked on as she moved, illuminating the path that they were to follow. "I love this! Come on!"

Curtis' eyes flickered with wonder as the passageway opened up before him, following Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' lead into the tunnel. He caught Arla's gaze as he moved past it. The droid still didn't trust him, and frankly, he wasn't sure how much he trusted it either. A bond of mutual distrust.

"These tunnels must be extensive, any idea what they were used for?" Curtis asked to his two companions, watching as the lights flickered on. It was a very strange place, it was almost dead in the force from what he could tell.

"Better be more than just a fancy hiding place".

"This used to be a military base. Down here we should have space for everything we need; communications, war room, armoury, medbay, kitchen...We could hide out here for weeks if the Empire starts snooping around. And with the warehouse space upstairs, we could fill it with some kind of processing plant to hide the electric signatures of what's really going on down here. Keep in mind that it'll probably be temporary. But it's a starting point."

Lori only partly listened to Arla as they walked. Her eyes were darting everywhere, most especially as the tunnel branched off to the various rooms that Arla had indicated. And then there was another room. When Lori opened the door, there was nothing but blackness on the other side. She felt for a switch, but couldn't find one. "Arla, what's in here?"

"That's the Void. A stadium sized room of complete darkness. There are no lights here except for what's in the small building housed inside. It even makes those with nightvision goggles have troubles finding there way."

Lori raised a brow and looked to Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin briefly, before turning her attention back to the Void. "So what's in the building?

"Anything you want. A lab, listening center...a holding cell." Such a thing couldn't be beyond them. This was the start of a war. There'd be some time when they'd be taking prisoners. It was best to be prepared for it.

Whatever the Void was, it felt wrong. Like a sensory deprivation tank. Curtis wondered whether or not this place had been a prison once, with the Void as some sort of torture chamber. He could imagine how difficult it would be to keep one's sanity if they were kept inside for too long.

"Arla" Curtis said quickly, turning to the droid. He rarely spoke to it, but right now, it had the schematics. "Is there anyplace here where I could set up a meditation chamber? Preferably not in the Void?" As he said that, he gave Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun a wink. Maybe being here was his true fate, becoming a beacon for rebellious Force users. If Lori's rebellion succeeded, they could find themselves at the head of their own empire...

And that thought made Curtis smile.

"How much room do you need? A closet?" Arla smirked.

"Arlaaaa..."

Her co-pilot sighed. "I was joking." Waving her hand, she continued leading them throughout the base. "There are rooms that can be utilized for a number of purposes. But keep in mind that this place, although underground, isn't heavily fortified. It's biggest defence is it's secrecy."

Lori's mind was still on the Void however. Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin might not have liked it, but she though it was wicked. Darkness didn't frighten her. She was always her own source of light. "How does one find their way in the Void to that building? Follow along the walls?"

"No. Listen to your feet. Feel with your feet. The path to the building is guided by a slight difference in the floor. The pathway is....softer."

Lori grinned as she heard the details. "Wicked..."

Curtis chuckled softly when Arla suggested a closet. In truth, that would have suited his needs, but if he was going to be respected in this rebellion, he'd need a proper room. An office space that could double as a meditation chamber, somewhere he could focus his anger and rage into a single purpose.

"Oh lovely, so The Void is essentially a massive deathtrap..." He said sarcastically, shooting another wink at Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun . "I'm sure it'll prove useful if we ever capture anyone, be a good way to get information if all they have is the darkness." The remnants of his past with the Sith bubbled to the surface as he thought of the psychological torture such a place could commit. He'd been taught that torture was a useful if blunt tool, but if needed it could be highly effective.

"Any idea when our allies will be joining us?"

Lori took hold of Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin 's hand and winks back at him. "I'll be sure that you don't get lost."

Arla just rolled her eyes. "MOVING on..." She leads them into what would be the war room.

"I'm not sure when they'll get here. But I hope that this place will be ready when they do." Lori replied to his earlier question while they walked into the war room. Her face lit up as she saw the large table and screens for holo displays. "This is wicked! Does it work?" She let go of Curtis' hand and started to look for a power switch or something.

"Once I get the generators fully up and running, it will."

Curtis ran his hand across the rim of one of the projectors, the dust clinging to his fingers. He had no idea of the history of the base, but not wanting to seem stupid, he kept that to himself.

"With all this, we can give the Rebellion a fighting chance..." Curtis remarked, looking over to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun . "If we can get the word out, I reckon we can get a few dozen highly trained men and women in this base without a problem". With all this happening, Curtis knew that he'd have to be given some sort of role within the Rebellion. So he'd be as useful as possible, not that he'd ever try to disappoint Lori.

Lori grinned as Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin seemed as keen on the place as she was. Her features brightened as she continued to check the war room out. "I'm sure that we could. Maybe we could get a slicer to broadcast a message in secret, piggyback it on some other communication. Whatever it is, we'll have to get something else going at the ground level to hide it all."

She then returned to Curtis, her expression hopeful. "Will you be my partner in this? You have more battle experience than I do. My tactics are only that of booty traps, sneaking and dogfights."

Curtis was somewhat surprised by the question. He had thought that Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun trusted him enough to assume he'd be there for her whenever she needed it, but he understood that she may have doubts after his display on Mandalore. Returning the smile with one of his own, he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Of course I'll be your partner, someone has to keep you out of trouble" He replied with a wink, "If any Force users join us, maybe I can teach them a thing or two as well, give us an edge". His experience may have been somewhat limited, but he knew enough to pass on knowledge. And there was something he'd yet to use. A holocron he'd found a year prior. He hadn't opened it yet, truth be told he'd hidden it from his master, but now was a better time then any to retrieve it.

Lori laughed as Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin said that he'd be with her to keep her out of trouble. It was so funny that she snorted by the end of it. She hooked her arm into his and gestured to the war room. "This isn't exactly going to keep me out of trouble. We'll just have to try to not get caught."

At the mention of Force training, she nodded some, her mind running through what they had seen so far at this base and where such training could take place. It only took a few seconds before she had a suggestion in mind. "You can train in one of the hangers. And I should....probably get some training in that too. I don't know a lot of tricks." There was only a few Force skills that she had practice in. Normally she didn't use it at all, except in dire situations. Like on Bakura.

Curtis laughed as Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun mentioned not getting caught, knowing that sooner or later they definitely would be. But as long as he was there, she would be safe, he'd make sure of that. When she brought up getting some training done, he knew that that was his moment.

"I'd be happy to teach you a few things if you'd like" Curtis suggested with a smile, "Nothing too fancy, but it'll help save your life". He wasn't sure how much training she had in the Force, he knew she could form balls of light but bar that, her ability was a mystery to him. But if he could help he would, and they'd grow closer through training anyway.

"Master Learchin has a ring to it don't you think?"

Lori beamed as Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin agreed to train her. Of course why wouldn't he? He was her partner in crime, her bodyguard, her boyfriend. Why not be her trainer as well?

She snickered into a laughing snort as he called himself Master Learchin. "And a fine Master you'll be." Lori leaned in and kissed his cheek. "But always remember that I'm your boss." She winked at him, already feeling Arla roll her eyes behind them.

Her co-pilot cleared her throat. "If you two are quite finished...what do you think? Is it suitable? There's enough funding in place to spruce it up and fortify it."

"Yes! I love it! Let's buy it." Lori looked to Curtis for confirmation, which she suspected that he'd give.

"I think this'll do nicely" Curtis confirmed immediately, a grin plastered stupidly on his face. They'd found somewhere that was almost perfect for their needs, and they couldn't afford to wait any longer to buy up a place such as that.

"And don't worry, I'll remember who's in charge" He said, looking at Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun with a wink. With her being trained by him, and her teaching him her more practical skills, the two of them would be a formidable team indeed. A duo that the Eternal Empire would be right to fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom