Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hapes and Happiness

Amilthi felt very clearly at fault. She had been busy with developing herself and had completely failed to be there for Romi in any capacity. Perhaps it had been necessary, but it still seemed like a systematic failing. Not that the two of them had ever been close friends, but they had been familiar enough with one another for Amilthi to feel that she had abandoned some sort of responsibility. It was thanks to her friend Gianna Aegis Gianna Aegis that she had recently come to a clear realisation of this and decided that she ought to do better.

And so she felt more than a little apprehension in anticipation of seeing Romi again after such a long time. She had found out that Romi was currently staying as a guest to the royal family of her home world Hapes. It was slightly disturbing that she had briefly thought of putting on a dress to visit the place, before she caught the thought and identified it as an influence from the time she had spent with the higher-ups of the Confederacy - in vain, it must be said, as her attempts to nudge them out of their habits in any way at all had borne no fruit whatsoever. Still, she recognised that it would be an unnecessary act of defiance, likely to make a number of people uncomfortable, to appear at the gates of the royal palace in her usual worn-out peasant's clothes and was instead wearing austere, if not elegant, black robes.

She didn't know what state she would find Romi in. All she could do was to be aware - of her own state, and of Romi's. Be aware and act appropriately, as best as she could.

"I would like to see Jedi Master Romi Jade", Amilthi informed the porter. For a moment she hesitated - of habit, she introduced herself merely by name, without any mention of her station, but she felt that under these circumstances, her presence demanded some sort of justification that would be provided by her title. "Tell her that Master Camlenn is asking for her."

The porter was a picture of restraint, he did not raise an eye-brow, nor did he show any other kind of reaction. He bade Amilthi to follow him and led her into a small waiting room with multiple doors, before disappearing through one of them. Amilthi sat down on the bench, which proved to be unusually and almost uncomfortably soft, and put her hand in her lap, her spine scrupulously upright at always, and yet she managed to sit in this manner without any appearance of tension. It was simply natural.

Romi Jade Romi Jade

"At first I thought someone was playing a joke on me..." She emerged from behind the motion of the durasteel door sliding through its mechanisms after sensing her motion.

She paced forward, smirking "Like no way, she came all this way just to see me?" She stopped somewhere near her guest before assuming the space next to her on the bench -- her smirk melded into a smile she couldn't quite fight back anymore, and then she was on to embracing her old acquaintance.

"It's good to see you Ami, what made you come all this way?" Her words lingered a bit before the sudden revelation, that she could have possibly done something that would spark a scolding, washed over her face "Oh no...what'd I do now?"

"I apologize for the wait, Hapes is in the process of transitioning. Sometimes things are good, and sometimes things are bad...which keeps me pretty occupied for the most part."

Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn

Amilthi at first stiffened in surprise at Romi's embrace, but only for a moment before she softened and returned it, a smile lighting up on her face. The warmth with which the other woman was receiving her was unexpected, undeserved, and touching to a rare degree. Amilthi observed the whirlwind of feelings she was experiencing as it mixed with the physical sensations of touch, holding still for several seconds before the got a handle on the colourful mixture.

She withdrew hesitantly, still smiling, but her gaze fell to the floor. "I'm sorry, Romi... that I didn't come sooner." After a second, she raised her head and looked at Romi with a sheepish smirk. "I'm not proud of myself. I don't want you to think I'm a fair weather friend..."

She seemed at a loss for a moment, not quite knowing what to say. "I'm glad you've found a problem to fruitfully apply yourself to", she said eventually. "You'll need to tell me all about what's going on here. But more importantly even, are you... taking care of yourself? I don't mean to be presumptuous, but... I can see you forgetting to pay attention to yourself when you're kept busy", Amilthi said gently, with a wry smile.

Romi Jade Romi Jade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom