Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hapan Consortium Gunship Mk II

Lelani Sevestra

Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary - Warden
gunship_by_achimstyle-d5elz1p.jpg
Intent: A Heavy Patrol Craft for the Police and Navy Hapan Forces.
Development Thread: None, But can attempt to produce one.
Manufacturer: Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary
Model: HG-II
Affiliation: Hapes Consortium
Modularity: Yes
Production: Limited
Material:

• Durasteel Structure
  • Quadanium Armor Plating
  • Transparisteel Sensor Covers
Description: This ship was designed by Hapes Consortium Building Subsidiary For the Hapan Royal Navy and its Armed Forces. It was to add to the Hapes Armed Forces Deadly Arsenal, to act as a major deterrent to violence. It was designed to work well in open areas as well as urban city areas. It excels at hunting down enemy personal and vehicles but has its limits when it comes to starfighters.

Classification: Heavy Gunship
Role: Ground Superiority
Length: 20 Meters
Height: 20 Meters
Width: 10 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter to Produce Energy for Particle Weaponry
Minimum Crew: 2
Optimal Crew: 4
Armaments:

2 Lasers, 1 Particle Cannon, 4 Missile Pods(3 Missiles Each), Aft double barrel laser.

Non-Combative Attachments:

• Communications Transmitters
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Advance Sensor Array
  • Advance Targeting Systems
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo: ​4 tons
Consumables: ​6 Months
Sublight Speed & Maneuverability: ​Class 3

Alright, a solid effort but quite a bit stands out that could use some adjustment to bring it onto line with SW/site tech and site guidelines for ships. I'll be helping you out through several posts.

Firstly this is slooow, speed ten is Death Star speed and a hyperdrive speed of ten is where the best of the backup hyperdrives start. For a gunship you really want a speed of 3 to 4 and a hyperdrive of about 2.
As for materials you've got some good ones, but trasparisteel is the Star Wars equivalent of metal glass. Ships use it for viewports and the like, and I'd also like it if you picked the durasteel/Agrinium hull or the Quadanium Armor Plating, otherwise its like you're putting armor plating over an armored hull.
@[member="Lelani Sevestra"]

The way we measure gun count is by the barrel with different modifiers for different types of guns, gun class, and so on. Using this a triple heavy blaster counts as six guns, three barrels and a x2 modifier for being heavy. Your gunship has a total of 37 gun points being used. The max number allowed by the site is six laser/ion cannons, 6 missile/torpedo launchers, and 4 bombs. Now there is some leeway in there, each launcher you give up is another two guns you can have, 18 total.

Now earlier when I mentioned this had some non-SW tech in it I was referring to the 'Heavy Coherent Lasers' which I couldn't find in either a search of the site or the wookieepedia. I counted them like composite beam lasers like on the LAAT/i since that was the closet I could think of. These have an inherent base power of two, coming to a 4 count each with the heavy modifier.

Okay, now you're under-gunned but could add missiles if you wanted to.
Your intent needs to be about why you're making this, not who it's made for, that's more of an affiliation thing.
Even without a Hyperdrive you need a spot in the template saying 'Hyperdrive: None' This way people looking at it know it wasn't just accidentally left off.
Your description also needs a good solid paragraph.

Okay, the guns are good now if you're happy with them but there's still more to work on. Including some things I've already mentioned as well as the cargo needing a unit of measurement, 10 tons, kg, m3?
[member="Lelani Sevestra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom