Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hang the black flag at the end of the mast!

Thryk didn't have a large amount of respect for [member='Jathin Fallin'] . The guy had just shot him with that same shotgun a couple weeks ago. The fact that Fallin also wanted to rob the apparently floundering freighter didn't give Thryk a big vote of confidence in that direction, either.

"If it's a Mando, I must help them. If it's another smuggler, we should probably help them. If it's a trap, we probably can and should fry them and get going."

[member='Zandra Fenni'] / [member='Seras Goto'] / [member='Rayl Wilded']

SpaceCadet

"The Galactic Cowboy"
[member="Zandra Fenni"] [member="Thryykarr"] [member="Gorg"] [member="Jathin Fallin "][member="Seras Goto"] [member="Daichi"] [member="Ashin Varanin"]

As a sudden bright flash is seen in the sector, out comes "Lady Luck" from hyperspace. Within sensor range and visual range of all ships in this area, Jayce sits in his pilot seat nodding at the sight of others he didn't expect. "What have we here... " Jayce says to himself, examining the scanners on his ship that signal the presence of other vessels. Chewing on his cigar located in between his top and bottom mauler on the right side of his mouth, Jayce waves for R9-X2 his astromech droid. "Raise the shields, divert full power of generator one to forward shields, focus second generator power on the rest of the ship." The droid R9 beeping in agreement rolls over towards the ship's computer, inserting his probe into the computer and twisting it in order to access the system, R9 does as told. [Shields raised (200% Power)][Forward Shields: 100% - Aft Shields - 33.3% - Side shields (L/R) - 66.6%][ (x2) Sirplex Zr-41 Shield Generators ][ Hull - 100% (Duranium-kathor Composite)]
"Hang on tight R9, we may be experiencing a little 'turbulence'" Jayce uses his right index finger to push down onto a button on the pilot seat console, transmitting to all vessels in the area via hologram. The message would be recorded and sent, showing him from the shoulder up in the transmission.[TRANSMISSION BEGINS] "Howdy ya'll, now I seem to have stumbled upon a little gathering here, now don't mind me I'm just surveying the area. Hehe, I'll be on my way shortly if you don't mind." [TRANMISSION ENDS] Jayce nods, observing scans of the nearby ships in order to see if their shields are raised, and what sort of systems they have. This will indicate to Jayce if the vessels are engaged in combat, or preparing to attack him.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
When queried to repeat the message, the transmission -- which was already on repeat -- cut off, and the same voice came through. Sorta. Sensors would reveal a heavily damaged comm system on a heavily damaged bulk freighter, Tempus Ardet-class. The damage, including the reactor containment breach, was consistent with a pirate attack, and the wreckage of a small pirate ship drifted nearby. Life signs on the bulk freighter would be around a hundred and fifty; cargo would read as ambiguous. The ship's belly-mounted dual turbolaser and four quad lasers would read as depowered.

"Thank the fSSSSSSSStopped by. The reactor leak needSSSSSSSSSSSSStandoff outSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSty hunter or whSSSSSSSSSSSSSSpassenger took out the pirate veSSSSSSSSSSSolta tankSSSSSSSSSSS."

The comm system was clearly on its last legs.

Meanwhile, Force-users of some sensitivity would be able to detect a tired, determined mind at work, as if an experienced but weak Force-user was putting her full strength into -- for example -- holding a reactor valve shut with a Force shield.

SpaceCadet

"The Galactic Cowboy"
[member="Ashin Varanin"]
Reading the scans on the ship, Jayce seems to frown. Chewing on his cigar violently now as he is overcome with a surge of desire to help those trapped people. "Damn my emotions! R9, pull them in and prepare to board. We got a rescue operation." R9-X2 would beep in understanding. Using the control interface, the astromech would aim the tractor beam emitter to the Tempus Arden-class ship. Starting to pull it in and using out own engines at a low setting to maneuver, the "Lucky Lady" would successfully connect the two boarding hatches. As the airlock started to engage, Jayce activated his personal shield generator which covered him in a personal protective barrier against projectiles. Having his hand on his blaster ready in case it is a trap he smirks, "Let's do this!" As the words circulate through the conscious of Jayce the airlock procedure completes and the hatches open, allowing for people to move in between the ships securely. Jayce moves in, looking through the wreckage of the ship, the doors to his ship's cockpit sealing themselves for security reasons.
Aboard the distressed ship, Jayce looks for any signs of survivors or people in need of immediate help. "The hell happened..."

Zandra didn't much like her new recruits attitude, but he did have a valid point. They were pirates. But Zandra knew to never underestimate anybody. The Galaxy was hard, and you just had to be harder or you'd get crushed. But at the same time, she had her pride.

"We don' take from them who got nothin'," she answered with a sigh, choosing to ignore the comment made by the ship Doctor, "Way's I see it, they either got nothin' and aren't worth stealin' from, or they got somethin' an' they want our somethin' too. I ain't gunna go in there guns blazin', cuz that might jus' be what they-"

And they came out of hyperspace, Zandra got a good look at the vessel that sent the broken distress call. Zandra wasn't a force user, and she wasn't a saint. But she knew a troubled ship when she saw it. But she could also see the dead carcass of another pirate ship. That meant that this was a ship able to defend itself. Probably Republic in origin.

Zandra cursed out loud. If they helped, they might be questioned. If they didn't and they survied, they would probably trace the ship anyway.

"Oi! Looks like we got another ship on the radar too," she mumbled, bending over the ships scanners, "...Gettin' awful crowded in my sky. Why so many way out here in the middle of this damn cursed spot o' space?"

She gently pounded her fist on her thigh in frustration, ran a hand though her messy white hair.

"Since my first mate don' seem to got an opinion yet, I'll leave it to a vote. Those who say we help out n' hope fer a reward?" She meant that as a joke, of course. Nobody was gunna reward them for this. You didn;t get anything for being a saint.
"Those who say we use the distraction of our new friend to slip by to Lego? Those who say we let our new friend here help them out, then rob him while he's distracted?"

I mean... he did have a nice-looking ship, and Zandra did kinda want it. But she wasn't about to kick someone while they were down either. It just wasn't in her code.

Seras Goto / Rayl Wilded / Tobias Ross / Gorg / Grissa / Thryykarr / @Jathin Fallin

Gorg- who was sitting in the corner eating his casserole straight from the glass dish- digging his face in to it like.... well, a pig- looked up from his meal, and snorted.

<<"Whichever way makes us fight more! We go in other ship, maybe they have food!">>

[member="Zandra Fenni"]

Jathin gave a nod to [member="Gorg"]

"Whichever gets us the most creds."

The Fixer was a slight confused about the current climate aboard the ship, a pirate with a heart of gold? It was odd. Slightly amusing. Definitely novel. Since this wasn't his only source of income it really didn't matter terribly to the man either way. Unless they discovered the vessel was filled with children.

Then he'd care.

"It'd be a shame to waste a good pilot. If that's the guy I think it is, the man's a master with that ship. Maybe buy him off, and have him fly tandem with us on the job. Might be useful to have an extra gun to shoot stuff off our backs."

@Jathin Fallin
[member="Gorg"]
[member="Zandra Fenni"]
[member="Jayce Cadet"]

Zandra was about to make the order to go on and take his ship once it became clear to her that he was no longer on it, but the words her wookiee companion spoke made such perfect sense.

"And who's gunna buy 'im off? Eh? You? I dunno bout the rest o' ya, but I kinda need to keep as much as I can get here. Ya really think 'es worth havin'?"

She sighed. This was why she was captain. To make these sacrfices.

"Fine. You go in, then. Talk to 'em. I'll pay 'em. I wanna get to Lego sometime this year, ya know."

Seras Goto / Rayl Wilded / Tobias Ross / Gorg / Grissa / Thryykarr / @Jathin Fallin

[member="Zandra Fenni"] / [member="Rayl Wilded"] / [member="Tobias Ross"] / [member="Gorg"] / [member="Grissa"] / [member="Thryykarr"]

"There are drug combinations that can make a person open to suggestion. We could ask him nicely while he is drugged to hand everything over and walk out an airlock." Her mask hid the smirk on her face but her breathing was even and calm. She had done worse, knew how to do worse but buying a man off wasn't exactly a needed thing they had no credits to give. "I would prefer not losing credits before we actually make any."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jayce Cadet"]

The gunslinger would find the remaining crew and passengers crammed into the cargo hold, taking shelter behind foil radiation blankets. At the other end of the ship he would find a hard-edged woman, a Padawan braid tucked behind her ear, burns on her skin, in spacer clothes. She stood by a massive pipe with hands outstretched, and a faint nimbus -- a Force shield -- blocked off a broken valve. Superheated somethingorother wanted to get out very, very badly. Sweat and soot covered her.

"Son," she growled, fingers rigid as claws, "you better be here to tell me you've got a three-gauge Thorson valve clamp to spare in your ship's guts, or I don't think I've got much use for you."

[member="Zandra Fenni"] [member="Thryykarr"]

Rayl stood idly behind Zandra. She needed to make decisions like these. Learn to weigh options for whats in the best interests of the crew. And taking an hour on the situation wasn't going to delay them much from Iego. "Be quick about your business Thryykarr. We don't need a Republic frigate or something to come here on someones distress call if things go south".

Thryk picked up the comm unit on the console of the cockpit. He opened a direct channel to the ship in front of them... It'd probably resound all over the insides of both ships, but that was exactly what he wanted.

"[member="Jayce Cadet"], is that you docked onto the old wreck, there?"

[member="Rayl Wilded"] / [member="Seras Goto"] / [member="Ashin Varanin"] / [member="Zandra Fenni"] / [member="Gorg"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom