Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hands of Healing

wWNP9w5.png

M E D I T A T E
Kyyrk sat upon the balcony, legs folded underneath him. His hands rested upon his knees, his breaths coming slowly and evenly. His eyes were closed, and he was deep in meditation. The Force kept calling him back to this planet, and he was beginning to suspect it was for more than just the people. He'd kept his head down, hardly attracting the attention of many of the Jedi present, and he was perfectly fine with that. Yet in a way, it bothered him. He'd almost rather the Jedi demand his destruction again. Instead, it was almost as if he simply did not exist to them.

He was no stranger to walking his path of trials alone. But in his old age, after the Cataclysm, he was beginning to see that he could not do it all on his own anymore. His purpose, once glorious and noble, was slowly crumbling around him. He still hadn't recovered from his last defeat. Not truly. Now ostracized by his own order, he turned to venues beyond the Confederacy. And so he now sat upon a balcony of the Jedi Praxeum on Ossus. The world had a dark and storied history. He could feel it in the air. And though he had not been present for it, he could also feel the traces of one that was.

Kyyrk sighed quietly. It was soon time to change the bandages on his latest wound. A slug rifle round he'd tried to intercept, but had passed clean through him and into the head of the Viceroy behind him. His eyes slowly blinked open, squinting against the sun hanging low over the horizon. Ossus had a certain peace to it. A peace that he'd not felt anywhere since Voss. He withdrew a small holocron from his pouch. A device he'd recovered on this very planet. But one he still could not figure out how to open. He suspected it had something to do with Ossus. Perhaps that was why he was drawn here time and again. Kyyrk quickly hid the holocron away when he realized he was hearing footsteps. Someone was coming. Perhaps it was best, for now, if the Jedi did not realize he had such an item in his possession...

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

Appearance: Aleena
Tag: Kyyrk Kyyrk

It hadn't been long since Aleena passed through the Trials of Knighthood but she already felt like there was more work for her than she could possibly ever handle. The wars that were tearing the Galaxy apart caused many casualties, but even more were injured in all the fighting, both physically and mentally. Because of this, she was constantly traveling, from one front to another, and between Jedi Temples and other bases with medical facilities.
It was tiring and mentally demanding but it also felt rewarding to help people in their most difficult moments in life. So despite the exhaustion, she never even considered complaining about her situation.
Today, her journey took her to the Jedi Praxeum on Ossus, a Temple and safe haven for Jedi she hadn't visited yet. Aleena knew about the History of Ossus from her studies and had read up about the place she was visiting. But the real reason for her journey to Ossus was because she was alerted about a Jedi who had sustained a rather serious injury. While he was on a path of recovery, she was asked to take a better look at him, and possibly use her healing skills to help him get through these difficult times.
So with a basic kit of medical tools, and whilst wearing her usual white dress, she began to walk up towards the second floor of the building he was staying in. Slowly and carefully, she pushed open the door and stepped inside, which is where she spotted the man who looked to be at least a foot taller than the 5ft6 tall woman.
Her deep blue eyes met his gaze, and she'd offer him a soft smile.
"Hello, I'm Knight Aleena Aryss. I was asked to assist you with your injury," she said, her tone gentle and kind. It would be immediately obvious to him that she wasn't a confident warrior like many other Jedi. Her personality was vastly different, and she had a pleasant feeling in the Force. A calmness and kindness that was almost rare these days.

wWNP9w5.png

H E A L I N G ?
Kyyrk sighed quietly, a certain air of...annoyance in his tone? "I told them I was fine..." His voice was a deep, crisp imperial accent. Though his back was to the door, and thus to the woman, it felt as though he were observing her. Perhaps she was familiar with Force Sight, being a Jedi and all. Perhaps she wasn't. The origin of his particular gift was a rarity in the galaxy. And he did not know it to be a skill widely practiced beyond his own kind. He stood, favoring his left shoulder, and turned. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance all the same, Knight Aryss."
The man bowed in greeting. His garb was simple. That of a traveler. Over his torso was a rough hewn poncho, and underneath, it would seem a simple tunic. "I am Knight Kyyrk Verros, of the Medjai Order." The Medjai order, to date, was little more than rumor. Some six years prior, the Force-Touched of the Confederacy suffered what some considered to be a mass extinction event, coinciding with the Oblivion crisis. What few members survived slowly but surely died out.

Then the Medjai came. Few had ever met one in person. Most refused to travel beyond the borders of the Confederacy. Rumors held that the precious few survivors of the Oblivion Crisis had formed a new order. But what truth there was behind it was questionable at best. Kyyrk straightened up, and studied the woman before him. Unlike her, he carried a certain...confidence about him. A determination. In his eyes, there was a certain...wisdom held. A wisdom only brought with age.

His face was adorned with several scars, marking him as every bit the warrior his stature made him seem. "Dare I ask which of the masters put you up to this?" Though his question was quite accusatory, there was a hint of jest in his tone. There was also a....calm to his voice. A gentleness. Even if this man was not a Jedi in the traditional sense, he was still a Jedi Guardian in every sense of the term. Though...there was something about him. A certain darkness woven within him. Not a concealed evil...more like the vestiges of one. This was a man who had been touched by the dark. Perhaps even wielded it once...

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

Aleena was quite used to patients not being happy to see her in the context of medical attention. Most people weren't very keen on going to the doctor and receiving treatment, after all. So his air of annoyance hardly bothered her. Instead, she simply greeted him with a bow of her own, as well as a kind smile when he finally turned to face her. No matter the attitude of patients towards her, she would always maintain a very composed and kind exterior, one that was very genuine in nature as well.
Luckily, Kyyrk didn't seem like he'd be overly difficult at a first glance. Perhaps not happy to see a Healer, but she felt confident enough that she could get him to allow treatment. Of course, she was still completely oblivious to his past.
"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Knight Kyyrk," she said after rising from her bow.
"I'm also afraid I can't offer an answer to your question, but you should be grateful that they care about your well-being. From what I was told, you sustained quite a serious injury?" she asked with a more inquisitive tone as she, to some extent, invited herself inside. She stopped somewhere in the center of the room and glanced around for a brief moment, taking note of the interior.
Unintentionally, her mind also began to reach out through the Force, picking up on his feelings but there was something deeper inside the man that briefly piqued her interest. Aleena was a highly empathic person, so this vestige of darkness briefly reached her mind, until she removed herself from his inner feelings and nature.
It wasn't her place to be digging so deep.
"If you don't mind sitting down with me, I can take a look and do my best to help you. It won't take very long, I promise."

wWNP9w5.png

H E A L I N G ?
Kyyrk's quarters were quite simple, a guest room undecorated with personal effects. The only sign of a tenant was a small pack laying on the bed. Even though the man had reportedly been there for multiple days, the bed was untouched. Still neatly made from the last cleaning. But this aside, Kyyrk smiled softly as the woman looked about his quarters, a silent invitation to make herself at home. Until she asked him about the nature of his injury. A serious one? Perhaps. His brow arched at the question. He was silent for a moment, before looking down at his left hand.

The metal cybernetic that greeted his sight heralded a rather dry yet humorous quip. "I've had worse." Kyyrk's grin returned, looking back to the healer. He reached up with his right arm, and lifted the poncho from his form, revealing a sleeveless tunic below. His left shoulder was bound in bandages beneath the tunic, indicating a wound in his left breast. It also revealed his mechanical limb as reaching to his elbow. Not an uncommon injury in swordsmen. "I suppose letting you help will be quicker and less painful than trying to tell you no."

Kyyrk reached up and pulled the tunic apart to reveal his chest, covered in scars if not bandages. This man had certainly seen combat before. "All it needs is a new bandage." Kyyrk reached over, and began trying to undo the bandages, but his lone hand did not have the dexterity to accomplish this alone. He paused for a moment, sighing. "This used to be so much easier..." His head hung for a moment, almost as if in shame, before he looked back up at the woman. "I hate to impose, but..." He lifted his arm, inviting her to help remove the bandages. "Fair warning, it will look worse than it feels..."

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

Aleena watched him quietly and chuckled a little at what he was saying. It was very common for patients to downplay their injuries and in some cases, they actually didn't necessarily hurt. But not all dangerous injuries hurt - a great many factors could reduce the pain one felt. Jedi trained in combat had much higher pain tolerances as well, but it didn't mean wounds were safe from getting infected.
Kyyrk reached up and pulled the tunic apart to reveal his chest, covered in scars if not bandages. This man had certainly seen combat before. "All it needs is a new bandage." Kyyrk reached over, and began trying to undo the bandages, but his lone hand did not have the dexterity to accomplish this alone. He paused for a moment, sighing. "This used to be so much easier..." His head hung for a moment, almost as if in shame, before he looked back up at the woman. "I hate to impose, but..." He lifted his arm, inviting her to help remove the bandages. "Fair warning, it will look worse than it feels..."

"I'd gladly help, it's why I'm here after all. But I would like you to sit down first, so I know you'll remain still and steady." Aleena said as she walked closer and gestured for him to sit down at a chair or couch. Regardless of what he picked, she followed him and stepped closer to begin removing the bandages that covered up his wounds.
Much like what he told her, the injury did look rather bad, and she frowned as a result.
"This hasn't properly been treated or healed..." she muttered and tilted her body to the side just slightly so she could look at his face more easily. "You have gone through proper medical treatment, right..? Or has this only been wrapped up after you got shot?" she asked before the typical doctor's sigh of disappointment came out, albeit softly.
"Either way, it doesn't matter much. If you sit still and allow me to focus, I can heal you. It might even look better than it feels afterward." she joked a little. The woman then began to channel the Force, and her deep blue eyes almost seemed like they began to glow. While she wasn't anything special in the Force, her healing skills did bring out something unique.
"Are you ready? This isn't going to hurt."

wWNP9w5.png

I N J U R Y
Kyyrk took a seat on the bed, sitting surprisingly still. This clearly wasn't the first time he'd been treated, and he was already familiar with the movements Aleena would make to remove the bandages. Unfortunately, it would seem this man spent a good deal of time in the infirmary. As the bandage was removed, it would reveal a twisted mass of flesh and bone upon his shoulder. Whatever he'd been shot with had only grazed his shoulder. There were signs that the wound had been expertly treated, but the flesh was still showing a negative reaction to...something. "Soon as we were on the ship, they applied a temporary bacta patch. Synthetic tissue, bacta tank, the whole nine when we got back to a dedicated medical facility."

Kyyrk spoke of the wound very casually. Clearly, such things did not bother him. It almost seemed as if he were...fascinated by it. "We suspect minor traces of infection because of the metal in the slug, but nothing that registers on medical scans yet. Just the discoloration you see." Kyyrk glanced back at Aleena. "It was a slug round, if that makes any difference to you. Shattered the collarbone, caused some minor nerve damage, muscle was shredded...I think they said the surgery was about 8 hours to rebuild everything."

Kyyrk's smile faded slightly when the hue of her eyes shifted. "Wait..." She asked if he was ready. Yet she hadn't gotten anything from her bag. Kyyrk pushed himself to his feet, his hands coming up defensively. "No. No no no, I'm not going to let you do that. There's no reason for that. It's fine. It'll be fine." There was a hint of...desperation in his voice. Maybe a shade of panic? "It just needs a new bandage, the meds will take care of the rest."

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

Aleena was studying the injury carefully as her eyes began to glow - she was connecting with the pathways of Force energy coursing through his body, and detected part of the problem. While the wound had been treated, something lingered and required further treatment. Something her healing skills would be quite useful for.
But the glow in her eyes would suddenly be interrupted as he moved up to his feet.
She blinked in surprise and lowered her hands while she looked up at the tall man, "Hey, it's alright..." she said, using a comforting tone she hadn't expected to be using around him. Up until just now, he had appeared completely calm, confident, and even knowledgeable when it came to medical treatment procedures.
She had no idea what changed.
"I just want to use the Force to treat you. Something harmful is still inside your body, and leaving it there could only make it worse. Bandages aren't going to fix this, and medication might not either. This isn't going to hurt or do anything strange to you if that's what you're worried about." she said, not sure what the problem was exactly.
"I only need you to sit still for just a moment."

wWNP9w5.png

F E A R
So there WAS still a fragment of the bullet in his shoulder. Kyyrk sighed quietly, looking away from Aleena, but still keeping his arms raised as if to defend himself. "No. There's no need for that. And I'm not worried about what it will do to me." His brow furrowed as he remembered things he had seen. He was familiar with the art of healing through the Force. But there was a price to pay in all things. He doubted Aleena was noble enough to pay the price herself. "Nothing comes for free in this life."

His words, though cryptic, could only refer to her intent to heal him with the Force. Kyyrk side stepped, working to move from between the healer and the bed. "I'm not worth...that. Be it you, someone, or someTHING else that pays the price. I will not upset the balance by doing something so selfish as letting the Force heal me." Certainly gave more insight, but it didn't answer why the man had been so...scared of the idea of being healed. He was, otherwise, far too rational about it. His reasons against it, if misguided, were hardly cause for the panic he'd displayed earlier.

He glanced sidelong at her bag, and then back to her. "If there's something still...lingering in the wound, just give me a tool, and I can dig it out myself." His stance had deepened a shade, and he seemed...bolder. The fear was gone now, simply replaced with a determination to prevent the woman from performing her healing ritual on him. His eyes, much the same as hers had, glowed softly in the Force, pulsing with each breath. And for a moment, it almost seemed as if a memory flashed across them. Could it be that something in the man's past had deterred him from seeking such help...?

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

Aleena shifted a few inches away from him as he continued to refuse the treatment, hoping some additional space would at least make sure that he wouldn't panic or act irrationally. He didn't seem like the type, but better safe than sorry. She was, however, still quite confused as to why he was refusing the Healing. There were far worse injuries that she treated without a problem, so none of this made sense to her. Surely he'd know how effective and safe Force Healing was?
"You should be worried about what it can do to you. Anything unnatural lingering in the body can have disastrous long-term effects." Aleena explained as he got up to distance himself more. It caused her to frown, and her hands would lower into her lap as a result. She began to wonder if it was something about her that caused all of this now.
Her eyes then shifted to her bag as he mentioned tools, and she just blinked.
"I'm afraid this is not something tools are going to fix for you," she said as she stood up and looked at him. Her expression was incredibly soft and her body language matched her tone as well - she always tried to have a comforting appearance. "Look, I'm not sure why you don't want me to use the Force to heal you, but there is really nothing to be worried about." she began.
"I use it daily to help people and have healed injuries far worse than this as well. This is what I've dedicated most of my life to, so please... you have to trust me. It's going to be alright - you're not upsetting any balance, and nobody will have to pay any kind of price. If you give me just a few minutes, you'll walk out of here as if that bullet never struck you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom