Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hand to Hand Training

Vanessa Vale

No... Then...I'm not... The person I was before...
Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud

It had been almost a week and a bit since Vanessa had arrived at the Mandalorian Clan. She had tried Blaster training for a day, but was reminded that she should try and master basic Hand to Hand Combat as a new and untrained Child of the Clan. Waking up early, for training, Vanessa put on her new Black shirt and trousers with both embroidered with the red strips across the arms and legs. The Clan was her home now, and she embraced it entirely. Her journey down to the training area shown to her on her tour by Adenn Kyramud, her adopted father, on her first day was quick. She had always put her all into getting to places on time when asked to attend something. She wanted to prove she could be relied on and that she could be trusted with more responsibility. But until that happened, she did her best wherever possible.
Xion.full.725951.jpg

Arriving outside the training grounds, Vanessa realized that she was actually a bit earlier than she had anticipated. Before her trainer even arrived. "Well, this is a first," Vanessa said, baffled at her own speed getting there. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she gazed up at the morning sky. The faint colors of sun rise were still just barely present. Looking at the colors of that sky gave her a sense of 'dey sha vu'. Like, she had seen that kind of sky before, but not quite the same kind. Her mind wandered to that dream she had only that night.

She had been standing in some kind of city, with large houses and towers dotted around it. She had been standing on a large tower, looking out amongst the entire city. It had the same orange colored sky that was fading across the one she was under now. She had been there with someone. She couldn't remember their faces, but one was a much older woman and man. There was also someone there. A bit older, but still young. She was standing besides the older woman, but her face was so blurry when she went to see her face. She had woken up before she could touch the woman with an outstretched hand.

Looking back at the ground again, she looked at her right open palm. The very hand she tried to reach out to this unknown person. Could that be a memory? Or was it something else. Vanessa lowered her hand and thought to herself, "It was just my mind being cruel. Why would it show me something I can't even remember, let alone tell what it was about." Her mind focused on the present again as she heard some other Mandos passing by. She had to keep her mind on the present, not the past. But, could she keep up that mindset for long.

Waking up was never a fun affair for Adenn, whether it be the overt warmth or cold of the outside of the bed, or the reminder of yet another nightmare, it was never fun. As such, Adenn always rose quickly, to prepare himself for whatever new mission he had to partake in. In recent times there were less missions though, more time with family, something Adenn appreciated. But that always left him with less to do, and thus he had nothing to focus on, nothing to help forget.

Today was no different, so Adenn simply made his way out of his house and out into the surrounding areas. Already his armor was donned, if nothing more than to have the comfort of its protection with him at all time. In doing so he met Vanessa's trainer who gave him a succinct briefing of all the training she'd done so far, and the skills she'd accumulated. It made him smile that she was learning so fast, but it also reminded him that she needed to begin training soon. Telling the trainer as much, they both returned to the house to mount up. Then they quickly flew over to the training fields where Vanessa was already waiting.

Upon landing, the trainer made his way towards the days practice area and the tools there, while Adenn made his way to Vanessa. Smiling down at her, Adenn knelt before extending his arms for a hug.
"Morning adiik! You're up early, hoping to have fun today?"

Vanessa Vale Vanessa Vale

Vanessa Vale

Stirring in her own thoughts, Vanessa felt the air around her start to lightly blow as the winged reptile that the Clan uses as transportation descended by the Training arena. Looking at who dismounted from the mount made her heart grow warm with joy. As the trainer walked past her she gave a perfect salute before greeting one of her parents. "Morning Father. I got here a bit early so I was awaiting the trainer's arrival," Vanessa explained as she gave Adenn a bright smile. "I really think I'm doing well with my training as well. I was able to hold my own against the trainer for a solid minute before being taken down!" Vanessa spoke of that as if she had just single handedly taken down a rampaging Rancor or other large beast. It was easy to see her strangely quick learning in Combat, especially when it came to dodging and anticipating surprise attacks.

"Could watch me this time, to make sure I know what I'm doing?" Vanessa asked as she gestured to the training area for them both to walk in as they talked. "How was your morning so far?" She asked, knowing it was early, but a lot can happen in a simple hour or two of the morning.

Grinning at the salute given to the trainer, Adenn smiled at Vanessa, helmet off to show his happy face. Smile turning into a grin upon hearing her tale, Adenn responded with a laugh.
"At this rate, it won't be long before you can take him down!"

That statement was met with a bark of laughter from the trainer, who knew it was possible, but certainly wasn't going to make it easy for Vanessa. Seeing the glint in the trainers eyes, Adenn made sure to keep some form of distance between himself and Vanessa.
"I'll watch adiik, always happy to see my kids grow. Also, buir works just as well as Father for my, or Mother for Aditya. Just means parent, or mother/father depending on who it is." His face darkened slightly at her question, mind going back to his nightmare. Shaking it off, Adenn glanced up at the trainer who was making his way towards Vanessa with a steady gate. "Mine was fine, though I think yours is about to have a surprise."

Adenn had a grin on his face as the trainer suddenly lunged at Vanessa, moving to strike Vanessa in the side. After that, he spoke, voice full of authority.
"You were early here, but not ready for training on time. And that means you left yourself open to attack from an enemy." Letting out with another kick followed by a punch, the trainer continued. "You never leave yourself open to an attack from an enemy!"

Then he moved forward, continuing up his attack on Vanessa. Her training for the day had begun.

Vanessa Vale

Seeing her Father, or Buir's, face darken at her question before answering that it was fine did give Vanessa a reason to be concerned, however, she was about to see what happened when she took her eye off her trainer. Was it the comment, or that wielder feeling across the back of her neck that caused her to spin around and block the attack to her side. If she was one thing, it was fast. "Cheap shot," Vanessa said as she countered or redirected his other two attacks. She had been working so hard to know good counters or blocks. But that feeling was still there. Like she wanted to be on the offensive, but she couldn't get an opening.

Matching the Trainer's advances by backing up slowly, Vanessa felt a strike connect with her side sending pain along her body. The following two strikes were just as painful, her block being broken and struck on her gut and shoulder. Vanessa dashed backwards, holding her stomach as it had pretty much winded her. "Got to do better than that!" Vanessa said, gritting her teeth. When the trainer went to get her again, something clicked in her mind. Standing up, Vanessa made a small move forwards, letting out multiple quick jabs with fists and kicks. Speed was absolutely on her side in Combat. The trainer retaliated and she met him again and again with blocks, counters and attacks. The pain in her sides and gut was tremendous with a few more strikes getting through, but she didn't fall. Not yet.

Adenn knew that Vanessa saw the inner darkness, even if it was only shortly. But he didn't want to burden her with that, didn't want her to be held back by his own inner demons, demons he knew well. As such, he was grateful for the trainer in his sudden attack, grateful as well to see Vanessa's training. Adenn saw how fast Vanessa was and knew it was her strength, but she would also need to become proficient in other fields of combat. All Mandalorians were, at the very least, trained in most forms of combat, so they could deal with any threat.

Stepping back from the training, Adenn watched with interest as his daughter trained, giving as good as she got. He also saw that the trainer wasn't nearly as winded as Vanessa was. This was a mix of training, experience, and simple mass. As for the trainer, he simply chuckled at what Vanessa said, and then he did just that. He sped up, hit harder, and hit faster. The trainer was a whirlwind of fists, elbows, knees, and feet, all striking whenever the opportunity presented itself. He went on the offensive and gave almost no chance for retaliation. It was merely a test to see how long Vanessa would last before she fell against this relentless assault.

Smiling at this attack, Adenn let his thoughts wander. Such an attack was the strong suite of the clan. Relentlessly attacking, ignoring anything they received, and dishing out more than the enemy could take. Relentless, merciless, and unstoppable. There were counters of course, but it took time to develop them, and Clan Mortui knew those counters, knew their weaknesses. It would only take time for Vanessa to realize these counters, or develop her own. And Adenn looked forward to watching her learn and grow in that training.

Vanessa Vale

Feeling the eyes of her Buir on her, Vanessa switched from offensive to defensive once again. The attacks the trainer dished out where unbelievable. They were hard hitting and even faster than before. "I've got to think of a way to counter him," Vanessa thought as she kept blocking or side stepping each strike. This trainer was ruthless in their session, but at least she had someone to teach her. Someone to help her get stronger than ever before. Unlike her time before the Clan. She had almost been killed that day she was rescued by Adenn from that Slaver. But that strength she tapped into then. It was unlike anything she had ever felt before. It was almost like, pure rage had formed into her strength. As if her own emotions transferred their intensity into her movements.

Seeing that the trainer was about to make an attack with his knee after Vanessa blocked his last punch, she acted again, without thinking. She almost completely moved to the trainer's right as he attacked. Her hand immediately latched onto his shin, before half spinning her body and kicking the last leg out from under him. She pulled on the leg, to upset his balance, and to give her a moment to release it as he hit the ground. Within seconds, she was on top of him, in that familiar position. She raised her fist and started to attack relentlessly, as fast and powerfully as she could muster. She would stop the instance he called the fight off. But, until then, she wanted to win this battle. As each punch connected with either block or body, Vanessa kept seeing the face of the Slaver on the trainer's head. A part of her wanted to continue to keep hurting him until he was a mess, but she knew better. "This is only to get stronger. Not to dwell on the past," Vanessa thought again as she kept at her attack, shoving his attempts to retaliate or reverse their positions away.

Her mind went back to Adenn and that look she saw on his face. It worried her, but she knew he'd tell her if it was important or she needed to know.

Watching Vanessa fight, Adenn was partially surprised by the sheer ferocity that she displayed. It was a far cry from the scared child she had been, she was becoming a warrior of her own now. The trainer fought with all his experience behind him, but Vanessa fought with her own passion, and that allowed her to slowly push back against the trainer. Resisting the urge to clap as Vanessa took down the trainer, Adenn watched to see what would happen. The trainer kept fighting back, but Vanessa prevented it from being meaningful.

After another few moments of continued resistance, the trainer finally relented and tapped out. Now Adenn began to clap for Vanessa, impressed by her progress. Moving forward to help both to their feet, Adenn grinned at Vanessa, ruffling her hair. At the same time, the trainer began to speak, congratulating her.
"Well done Vanessa, you've learned a lot so far. And now that you've taken me down, we can move on to other forms of training. Blunt weapons now, though we will keep practicing in hand to hand. Alor, if you have anything else to say?"

Clapping the trainer on the shoulder, Adenn spoke to Vanessa as well, even as the trainer moved a few steps away. Already he was making a call, one to get some staffs out, along with other wooden weapons. The next step of training.
"Well done Vanessa! You're not a master of combat yet, but you're getting there. At this rate, you'll be able to take on most of the trainers, but be warned, things'll be tougher for you now. I know you can handle it though." Grinning, Adenn gave her a short hug, turning to watch as a hovercart came over, unloading a rack full of wooden weapons. "Ah, more training then, plus whatever else they through at you in hand to hand. Think you're ready adiik?"

Vanessa Vale

With the trainer finally, after a good while of training in combat, submitting to her Vanessa felt her spirits lifting up. She had finally done it. She'd finally won against him. It was hard, but she was able to do it at least. At the words of the trainer and her Buir, she got into a more calmer mindset for the moment. "Honestly, I can't believe I was able to do that. It was like, my body moved on its own," Vanessa said, her body still almost jogging in place with the remaining adrenaline coursing through her. The expression she had was semi calm, but still had the same exhilarated gleam in her blue eyes. But something crossed her mind. What she had noticed before starting the training bout with the trainer. Slowing her body down, she looked up at Adenn with a half smile.

"I'm always ready. But," Vanessa said, before slightly pausing then continuing, "What's troubling you?" Vanessa's face looked worried and caring. Exactly like a child looks towards a sad parent, concern filling her bright eyes. "I can tell you're hurting. The way you hold yourself, your voice. It's a bit obvious to me," Vanessa said, sympathy in her own voice as she saw a staff being handed to her. Taking the wooden staff in hand, Vanessa got to grips with it, before holding it vertically, one end resting on the ground as she looked to her Buir. She could see the trainer getting ready, but she wanted to talk with her father before then. "It's ok to hurt. I'm... hurting as well," Vanessa said, her eyes on the ground as she spoke, hesitating to say the truth. "Bad dreams. Almost nightmare like, I guess," her voice was almost a bit hollow as she gave the staff a slight squeeze before going half relaxed. Her body language clearly said that she was just as bothered by something that Adenn was. It was almost the same way they held themselves when something was bugging them.

Watching and listening to Vanessa, it was clear to Adenn she was excited. He would be too in her shoes, finally having beaten the one who was teaching you. It reminded him of his own training, so long ago, and brought a smile to his face, one filled with memories. That smile slowly slid of his face as she asked what was wrong, with all the concern of a child to a parent clearly hurting, but not understanding fully. She understood her pain, no doubt she could understand part of his, but he didn't want to burden her with it.

At the same time, her insistence on getting information made him know she would only accept an answer, not deflection of the question. As the trainer geared up for another round, Adenn held up his hand to stop him. Giving him a concise reason in Mando'a, the trainer nodded his understanding and went to stand off to the side. Adenn noted the tense look to Vanessa, how she had her own nightmares. Taking a deep breath, Adenn let out a long sigh. Gazing out towards the edge of the field, Adenn was quiet for a few moments, face contemplative.

Eventually he let out another breath, turning his head to Vanessa he finally spoke. His voice was weary, old, and that of a man who had seen much.
"I am not yet an old man Vanessa, yet I feel like it." Eyes boring into the ground, they eventually shut as his arms folded behind his back. "Throughout my decades, I've fought long and hard. Battle after battle, planet after planet. Vode after vode, my aliit falling for others." Motioning to his own armor, to the other Mandalorians and their assorted gear, Adenn took another breath. "Our way of war is not kind, nor is it honorable to many others. We grind our enemies into dust, break their spirits as surely as their walls. But we lose vode for it, and on so many planets we've lost so many vode."

His fists tightened as he remembered the planets, the vode lost, the family fallen to the wayside.
"I remember each of them you know. Every planet we've fought on, every ner'vod lost. Those images you see every day on our door, they aren't to glorify the battles. They are to remember those lost, the planets fought for, and now under another's control." Looking up then, Adenn's eyes hardened with an old rage towards those who had attacked them. "So many wronged us, spat in our faces for what we did. They call us war monsters, despite their atrocities outnumbering ours. But the victor writes history, so what they say is oft accepted. That, adiik, is what haunts me, brings me to such anger, and such sadness. I remember those lost, the planets taken, and the atrocities forgotten. That is what hurts me adiik, that and not being able to return the favor to those who deserve it. One day they will get their dues, that is a promise I've made to them, and others."

Bringing his hand up before his face, Adenn clenched his hand into a fist. All but whispering now, Adenn made a vow he had said many times before. He uttered the words that were the rallying cry of Clan Mortui.
"For Mandalore and our aliit."

Last edited:

Vanessa Vale

Listening to her Buir, Vanessa felt her own heart grow heavy just listening to what was troubling Adenn. As he spoke, Vanessa almost felt her own eyes slightly tearing up, but she couldn't tell whether it was from rage at those who wronged them, or sadness that so much had been taken from them. When Adenn made his whispered vow, Vanessa closed the gap and embraced him; even though she was only able to wrap her arms around his gut given her height. She closed her eyes, listening to him as she tried to give some of her positive energy through the hug. After waiting for a moment, Vanessa whispered, "I can only barely understand what that is like. To have all that happen to the clan and you. But, we mustn't let that kind of vengeance inspired path dominate us. We can honor the dead and loses we've had through making sure that we don't let history repeat itself." Her voice was calm, but her words were no less full of truth. Taking a moment to give Adenn a tighter hug before releasing him, Vanessa took a step back from him. Her head looked up at the sky, the colors reminding her again of the dream.

"I've been having really strange dreams. Almost like nightmares," Vanessa said, her own mind recounting the many dreams she had over the last few weeks. "I'm with someone. An older woman, man and small boy. I feel like I'm smaller, as if I'm younger. I think, they were my family," Vanessa's voice trailed off before she looked to Adenn. "I hated all those years as a Slave, constantly looking over my shoulder to see if I'd be beaten or not. You lost fellow warriors, and places to call home. I lost my memory of my family and home," Vanessa's voice was slightly shaky as she spoke. "I can't even remember their faces, where I slept in my home. Or even what planet I was raised on. But, I know that I will one day reclaim those memories, just like I know that one day we will take back everything that was taken from the Clan and every Mandalorian out there in the Galaxy," The look in her eyes matched her words, reigniting with the same determination she had before. She turned to look Adenn fully in the face before raising her hand before her and clenching it tight, speaking in a whisper so Adenn could only hear, "For the Clan and amending our pasts." Vanessa looked prideful as she flashed him a smile again, releasing the pose. Her expression alone was one of youthful optimism, but it was the kind that was contagious. Standing before Adenn, she almost looked like soldier, ready to face anything with him and the clan at her side. "We might carry immense amounts of pain and hurt in our minds and hearts, but we carry on and keep it as a reminder to make sure we don't let our defeats repeat themselves." Her blue eyes gleamed up, the morning day sky causing them to shine.

Adenn was quiet after he finished, lost in thought of the past. But Vanessa hugging him brought him back to the present. Smiling down at her, Adenn returned the hug, wrapping his arms 'round her shoulders. Leaning down, he gave her a kiss on top of her head as she finished speaking. It was sound advice, and something Adenn strived for.
"You are wise beyond your years adiik. Don't worry Vanessa, I won't let it dominate me. I followed Kaine down that road for a long while, but it wasn't something that could go forever. Now though, now I have fought, and I want peace, but will protect what we have. Even if it means war."

Then she spoke, opening herself to him, and Adenn saw part of who she was. It made him smile sadly, she had lost her family as well, but couldn't remember them. Adenn had lost his parents at ten, but at least he had pictures of them. He didn't say anything though, allowing his presence alone to hopefully help. And as she trembled, Adenn gently rubbed her shoulders to comfort her. She kept speaking then, and Adenn's smile became happy, glad to see she still had fire in her. As she finished speaking, Adenn chuckled light heartedly. The optimism of youth, it's what would be needed, and it would help old fools like himself.

"Too true adiik. That's why I do my best to learn from the past, not be held back by it." Focused on Vanessa, it was clear Adenn had a mischievous look on his face. "But let's not focus too much on the past, when we have so much in the present and the future. So what do you say Vanessa, care for a duel?"

Vanessa Vale

As Adenn listened to her, Vanessa felt like she really was a member of the clan. A person with perspective of how the road of revenge and family went. She wanted to show she was devoted to the clan's paths and decisions, but with her own take on her Buir's view point on their past battles. The kind words Adenn spoke about her words made her feel warm and happy.

With the talk between them ending, Vanessa was about to turn to the trainer as Adenn offered her a duel opportunity with him. Almost taken aback by the offer, Vanessa looked to her trainer before giving her Buir a prideful nod. "If you think you can handle me," Vanessa said, her staff in one hand being twirled as she moved away from her father, keeping an eye on him. This was going to be interesting. She was used to the trainer's level of skill, but she had seen Adenn's first hand when he rescued her from the Slavers on Coruscant.

Taking a style of stance made for counters and prioritizing defensive moves to attacking. She wanted to study his style before attacking. It really was the only option she had. "Just so you know, I've improved tons since you found me on Coruscant, father," Vanessa said, her face determined and focused as she prepared to block and halt any advancements made by her new opponent.

Vanessa felt better after this talk, though Adenn did as well. Far too often it felt as if he were alone against an uncaring galaxy. The truth was entirely different however, as he had friends and family always there for him, and he was there for them. Still, a reminder every now and again never hurt, so Adenn was grateful to Vanessa for caring and understanding. He was also glad to have helped her, as the cheery attitude showed him.

And what better way to show that than to have some father daughter time. Training was excellent for that, at least for a Mandalorian. Even as she got ready for a fight, Adenn simply grinned at her. As much as he wanted to spar with her, wearing his armor would hardly be fair, nor really educational. Even the trainer only had light armor on, perfect for training, and only that. Adenn wore battle plate, something Vanessa would get to deal with later on with more experience. Thus, Adenn began to remove the heavy plates of armor he wore. In under a minute, Adenn had removed his armor and quickly stacked it to the side. And at the top, his skull helm remained, staring impassively out towards where Vanessa and he would soon fight.

Straightening, Adenn grinned as he grabbed a staff from the trainer. He was now left in a skin tight undersuit, primarily armor weave and combat boots, but far lighter than his battle plate, and better suited for light training. It would also make things slightly easier for Vanessa, though that wasn't saying much.
"Welp adiik, I hope you're ready."

Giving the staff a quick spin about himself, Adenn's focus never left Vanessa as he advanced. The entire time, the staff was quick and loose in his hands, never remaining still as Adenn made a series of flashy moves. And when he was close enough, Adenn suddenly lashed out with a kick, even as the staff came to a halt in his grip behind his back. The entire time, the grin never left his face.

Vanessa Vale

As Adenn removed the bulk of his armour, Vanessa was able to see just what went into the amour's design. Its multiple plates and guards were interesting to watch as her Buir got ready. She really couldn't believe that she had progressed so far in just a couple of days. Half the time, it was amazing, but it was also scary to her how quickly she picked up each new fighting technique and style each person used. She actually wondered two days ago if she was a droid. But yesterday's training session easily proved her theory wrong when she got a cut on her arm from a tackle the trainer gave her and they hit the floor. It was minute, but it still got a little blood from her.

Remaining in her own defensive style, Vanessa braced for the barrage of attacks. Countering them with a guard was easy enough, she was skilled enough at that, but the real test was yet to come. "Not bad, Buir," Vanessa commented as she countered another staff strike, before adding playfully, "For an old man." She was just about to go for a swing when she felt something. Like a little voice in the back of her head. Moving the staff, without meaning to, she felt Adenn's leg collide with it. She blocked a strike without seeing it was coming, but she felt it.

Her attention removed for a moment, was now back on her opponent. With a shout of strength, Vanessa retaliated with the staff, striking wildly different places each time, trying to make her moves as unpredictable as possible. One to the leg, another to his side, his shoulder, another leg section and so forth. each strike was quicker than the last, as she used the staff's momentum to speed up her attacks. But after around fifteen strikes, Vanessa side stepped away before giving a couple backwards cartwheels. Her body stopped once she was a decent couple of meters away, her entire being wanting to catch her breath for a moment before Adenn began his assault again.

The relative ease with which Vanessa deflected the various blows spoke volumes to the training she was receiving, and how well she was acclimatizing. Still, despite her quips, Adenn saw how the final block was less her own doing and more instinct. Or could it be something else? Something to figure out later, right now Adenn had a duel to fight.

Bracing, Adenn was prepared for Vannessa's attacks. The unexpected was a large part of fighting, as it offered the best way to get past someone's guard. So it was good to see Vanessa doing the same. But experience is an even better teacher, and nothing compared to Jedi or Sith using the Force in melee combat. Thus, Adenn blocked most of the attacks, or dodged them. A block here, dodge there, a quick slip back to get some room. And still she pressed the advantage, but Adenn merely laughed.
"Faster adiik!" A block. "Hit higher!" Dodge. "Should've gone lower."

Giving out such pointers during their match made it seem as if Adenn was merely going for a stroll. It was physiological warfare at its simplest form, something Vanessa would learn to deal with. And all the while Adenn blocked or dodged the attacks. He blocked as much with his metal arm as with his staff, or even his combat boots. His armored sections of him were far better at doing so than his flesh pieces, and it gave him more versatility than simply using his stafff for it. All that simply gave Adenn amble room to work with. Every now and again he struck out, striking from the opposite side she had. But before he could capitalize on that, she flipped away to get some breathing room. She wanted to breath for a few seconds, and Adenn wouldn't let her.

Rushing forward as she came to a rest, Adenn used the staff to launch himself forward. Outside of his armor, he was far lighter, far faster than most expected. Any who knew him was ready for a slug fest just as much as they were ready to face heavy hits. Sure he could be fast, but not nearly as fast as he was outside his armor. And this was evidenced as Adenn shot forward with the force of his push, closing the gap in moments.

He started his new attacks with another kick, and then a flurry of attacks with his staff. All the while he brought his grip closer to himself, bringing himself close enough to be in punching distance. And then his hand shot forward to punch at Vanessa. After that, Adenn ended with another jab, a grin on his face.

OOC- Sorry for the delay, finals week. Hope this works well enough, took some hits towards the legs and armored sections in forms of blocking. Didn't just want to dodge everything :)

Vanessa Vale

With the distance she just made quickly dissipating, Vanessa tried her best to block the strikes. "He's fast, more than before," she thought, using her back steps to maneuver out of his initial strikes. His lack of armour was something to consider, maybe she could do something similar when she got her armour. She wanted one that was light, but also protective. She may as well forge it herself from an existing armour suit when she was ready to receive one. A hard strike with the staff go her attention back onto Adenn, the energy in her body getting increasingly low.

She wanted to keep it up, but she was starting to falter. Her blocks became more and more rushed as well as weaker. It wasn't long till her Buir got in multiple strikes on her. His kicks hit her hard, the staff strikes ringing her senses wild and his swift punch connected with a loud crack. Vanessa's body launched back, the punch forcing her body to move with its momentum, as her back struck the ground with a resounding THUD. Her eyes were half open as the ringing in her head started to slowly fade, but her body remained motionless.

It was a moment before a low, "Ow," came from her. The staff was just on the edge of her fingertips, having only just fallen from her grasp. Trying to sit up, Vanessa looked to Adenn and the trainer, a small red mark across her right cheek from the punch still lingered. "Can we... take a couple of minutes?" Vanessa asked, the young Mando trying to remain sitting up. She felt aching, but she knew that the training was worth the pain and falling down. She just had to persevere for just long enough to pass the Clan's tests of her skill.

Attacking Vanessa so suddenly certainly put her on the back foot and allowed Adenn to dictate how the fight would go. That, and her inexperience with such combat, meant Adenn simply kept pushing her back, even as her blocks and blows became less coordinated. Regardless, a lucky strike did slip through Adenn's guard and strike him across the face. It'd leave a welt, but Adenn simply continued his attack. In due time, he knocked her down, and promptly rushed forward to aim his staff at her.

She was down, practically out, but for a moment longer Adenn continued the fight. He raised his staff, eyes distant, ready to plunge it forward. Then Vanessa said ow, and Adenn was brought back to the present. Grimacing for a second, Adenn quickly turned it to a smile before dropping his staff next to Vanessa's own. Then he stepped forward, leg crossing her. Flinging a fist forward without a word, Adenn's fist stopped inches from Vannessa's face. Had he not stopped it, she would be knocked down and out.

"You never stop fighting, not until you're dead. Ignore your wounds. Ignore the pain. Fight until you are dead, or better when they are/ It's life, or death. And you will survive, you will fight, and you will win."

Sighing, Adenn withdrew his hand, and instead took a knee next to Vanessa. A slight smile crossed his face, even as he gave her a once over to see how badly hurt she was. Adenn himself had slightly accelerated breathing, evidence of the ferocity with which he'd fought, with which he'd pushed Vanessa. Letting out a breath, Adenn reached over to Vannessa and ruffled her hair.
"Sure adiik, for now we can take a break. But remember a lesson here and now, for the future. With time, you'll learn and experience pain and exhaustion, and you will push yourself beyond that. Being a Mandalorian isn't simply wearing armor and following the tenants of the Resol'nare. To be a Mandalorian is to never stop, not until you're dead. In training, that'll be pushing yourself past whatever pain and exhaustion you feel until your trainers have you at their mercy. In combat, that's fighting regardless of the pain, the losses, or anything else. You fight until you're dead, or until you can't fight anymore, because you're that hurt and the medics force you to stop."

Huffing out a laugh, Adenn allowed himself to fall into a sitting position by Vannessa's side. All the while grinning at her.
"Clan Tal will make sure we're healed up, Taozi in particular. And she'll make sure she knows how annoyed she is with us for being too hurt in combat." Chuckling again, Adenn motioned towards the area they'd just fought across. It was still the same clear, green field, but it was clear that two people had fiercely gone back and forth across it. "You did well Vannessa, very well. Your training is coming along nicely, though it will get harder, as everything does. But that'll just make you even better. I'm proud of your progress Vanessa, and I'm proud of you."

A proud smile was on his face, even as he switched his gaze from looking at Vanessa, and looking across the field. It was clear he was proud, both of Vanessa and her training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom