Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hail and Well Met!

Hello! I see there is a wide variety of introductory threads here, so I guess I'll do something general and wrap up with a question or two. :)

You can call me Qyren (who will be my main), since that's probably easiest. I'm an old hat at roleplay, though it's been ages since I've participated in such a massive open world style rp. Most of my experience has been limited to small groups or, primarily, 1:1, but I have a passion for well-written, event-guided, rule-bound canonesque roleplay, and I have to imagine after what I've read here that this will work out very, very well for me. (IF I can keep up with roleplaying around work and real life!)

I've decided to use Qyren (my first SW character) rather than my SWTOR main, because Qyren seems to fit best with the requirements of IC training for Jedi and because she's gotten so little use comparatively. Unfortunately, this means I'll be without an avatar of her until I can get to a Photoshop-enabled computer; I hope that's all right! (I even tried using my FTP account on SWTOR to use the character generator to build her, but it doesn't allow Twi'leks for FTP players!)

Anyway, once I get her bio finished and posted, I'll be looking for a Light-Side Master to train her. Anyone looking to take on an older padawan? ;)

Which actually leads me into my first major question: I noticed a wide array of ages on padawan characters. Does this roleplay stick to the old school rule of needing to be 13 and under to be a padawan with a Master? I ask because I did not intend to make her that young; however, if that is the rule of thumb, I would need to adjust her backstory to reflect WHY she would be receiving training at such a late date.

I think... that's the only question I have at present. Sorry for the book! Anyway, I'm very excited to jump in feet first and I pray that work doesn't limit my response time too much. I'm certainly going to endeavor to be active and get a response out once a day minimum.

[member="Qyren Leret"]
Welcome to Chaos :)

Qyren Leret said:
Does this roleplay stick to the old school rule of needing to be 13 and under to be a padawan with a Master? I ask because I did not intend to make her that young; however, if that is the rule of thumb, I would need to adjust her backstory to reflect WHY she would be receiving training at such a late date.
It is currently 844 ABY, set after a 400 year era of darkness (setback of technology, civilization, etc) that was caused by a massive plague that wiped out a major portion of the galactic population. The current Galactic Republic is actually a "new" new Republic, having been formed at the start of the board's history. Generally speaking it is probably more common for there to be 13 year old Padawans, just because of traditional recruitment of Force sensitive children, but there's no board rule on that (the rules are located at the top of the screen in a dropdown) and none of the faction bar people from bringing a padawan into their groups as older than 13.

For all intents and purposes, no. Feel free to be a padawan of however old you'd like. Or apprentice, if you don't intend to be a jedi. I suggest taking a gander at the map and timeline to get a good idea on what has happened.

Welcome! A few things:

1)
Qyren Leret said:
Which actually leads me into my first major question: I noticed a wide array of ages on padawan characters. Does this roleplay stick to the old school rule of needing to be 13 and under to be a padawan with a Master? I ask because I did not intend to make her that young; however, if that is the rule of thumb, I would need to adjust her backstory to reflect WHY she would be receiving training at such a late date.
The general opinion seems to be that nobody really cares, where age is concerned.

2) Tag people by hitting that lovely @Mention button, or type out [member = 'Name'] without spaces

3) Hit me up for threads sometime :p

4) Have fun.

[member="Braith"] Thank you! I read the most recent parts of the Timeline; I'll have to go back and review the rest. I have thoroughly read through all of the Rules; I just didn't know if there was an unspoken expectation of canon adherence (especially given the IC training rule).

[member="Doctor Azure"] Thank you for the helpful Mention tip; I would absolutely be game for roleplay at some point once I wrap up and post her bio. Expect a PM from me relatively soon. :)

VETERANS! God, I love them. Welcome to Hell, Mr. Leret. I'll be sure to make the experience as torturous as possible... :devil:

Lol Welcome to Chaos! :D

[member="Qyren Leret"]

Would that torture include me? I love to see bloodshed...

blood_stain__1_by_mechasamurai-d76s8r6.png

[member="Braith"] I'm sorry. The Character Creation Rules in the subforum stated "C. Non-Force User characters may not start with the ability to wield a lightsaber. You must be trained by a Force User at Star Wars RP: Chaos to be able to wield a lightsaber." I may have misunderstood the intention of the rule. Is it, instead, saying characters who are not Force sensitive can be trained to use lightsabers?

[member="Darth Elecebra"] Ahahaha, thank you!

[member="Qyren Leret"]
Oh, that. Yes. You cannot start with the knowledge/ability to use a lightsaber competently as an NFU, but you may be taught by a PC/NPC/etc or learn by some method to be able to use one.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Oh, so what you're saying is you're going to wait for me to have a heart attack and die again.

-

Valiens Nantaris said:
Are you saying Qyren isn't?!
It is precisely because she is a nice lady that you tailing her lekku explains why we can't have nice things.

Braith said:
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

It is precisely because she is a nice lady that you tailing her lekku explains why we can't have nice things.
Ahahaha, thank you for the defense! :)

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Braith"]

As for Ms Qyren, don't put words in the mouth of our new purple darling. She might enjoy a lekku massage by someone skilled in the arts!
!!!! I wonder if I should regret agreeing to have you as my Master... <_< I get the feeling this is going to be a very interesting relationship. :lol:

[member="Connor Harrison"] Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom