Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hacking linkup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Link: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/1zwZCM8t3Zs/maxresdefault.jpg

Name: DUraBle STaged Electronics - Portable
Intent: To create a link for Jak to remotely communicate with his hacking suit. While it won't control much beyond turning it on or off, due to limited functions while not worn, it can reboot hacking processes.
Development Thread: N/A (unless requested)
Manufacturer: SunG co. (modified)
Model: SunG #174 (modified)
Affiliation: Jak Sandrow
Modularity: Removable speakers
Production: Mass-produced (modified)
Material: Plastics, computer components
Description: The DUraBle STaged Electronics - Portable sunglasses are designed both for ergonomic and electronic appeal. They feature a miniature HUD, adjustable earbuds (for personal comfort), wireless linkup (comms, suit), and possible external speakers. The glasses are lightweight, so it is essentially for everyday use. It is, however, relatively fragile, and won't withstand much more than a twist of the frame, or a stomp of a heel. It does respond to voice command (making it versatile for in-plain-sight operations), and is relatively undetectable; although a simple electronics scan will show its true function.

The DUBSTEP is a communications package in the shape of a pair of sunglasses. A basic HUD allows for enhanced viewing of the current environment, but it isn't as good as military-grade HUDs. It simply provides a two-way communication link to the VE-JR suit.

These were made when Jak thought it convenient to carry a link to his suit physically on him, though as casual as you may see. It was created to be a link to his suit, though still easily portable. It provides quick, easy communication with his suit, allowing him to communicate with it within normal comm range.
The purpose is as follows:
Say Jak is stuck in a tight situation. He gets out of his suit, stuffs it in a closet, still wirelessly hacking away, and dons the glasses. He gets a live feed of the suit, and can still hack from the safety of outside in the middle of a crowd.

There's not much more to say than has already been said... I'm kinda repeating myself....

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

I'd like some information on how this works, you've just brushed over any details by stating purely what it does - not how it works, how the technology works, etc.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

The description still fails to address what the glasses are for. A brief mention in the intent is not enough. Please remedy this and actually explain the product, why it's been made, what it does, etc, and next time please mention me because this has been sat here for almost a month now.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

The only issue I have isn't aimed at this submission so as it stands, approved. Tread very carefully when taking advantage of this suit you have, I don't want to see a report of you OPing your slicing skills through the suit itself and remoting in on it. And you can always mention the individual who is overseeing the thread.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom