Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H.A.R.M Light Armor Eternal Empire Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The experimental Soldier

EE_Light_infantry_harm_armor.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: to make a sub for Light armor for a ally faction
  • Image Source: made by myself using assets from https://hbtokenbuilder.ru/
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Average
    • Kinetic: low
    • Lightsabers: low
    • Other: Elements:
      • : Environment : (heat/ extream heat) high
        • Environment: (cold/frost/extream cold) high
          • Environment: (Radiation) Average
    • Other: Sonic: low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heads Up Display
  • Comm-Pack
  • Built In Life Support
  • ammo pockets
STRENGTHS
  • Allows for a Wide Range of Movement
  • Protects against range attacks
  • Protect from grazing lightsaber strikes
  • protects against the elements
  • protects against sonic weapons
WEAKNESSES
  • Can Only take a small amount of damage
  • It is not highly kinetic resistant
  • heavy damage to the armor can make it prone to becoming flammable.
  • Even though it protects against sonic weapons a user still has a chance to experince hearing loss or blackouts.
DESCRIPTION
This armor system was created by layering enviroweave with Armorweave over top of it in multiple layers one after the other. fallowed by two layers of plasteel shaped armor across the shoulders head back , chest and kneepads. in between the two layers is a thic coating of foamcast giving decent protection against sonic weapons. The light armor itself provides a wide range of protections for light and highly mobile infantry.

The idea for this version of HARM armor comes from the need for a armor system that fallows similar style to Eternal Empire when working close with them, that way avoiding any unessisary blue on blue fighting. Ideally this armor would be used by allys of eternal empire and Hades corp forces when operating in the same theater of war.

Last edited:

EE_Light_infantry_harm_armor.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: to make a sub for Light armor for a ally faction
  • Image Source: made by myself using assets from https://hbtokenbuilder.ru/
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Average
    • Kinetic: light
    • Lightsabers: light
    • Other: Elements: Average
    • Other: Sonic: light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heads Up Display
  • Comm-Pack
  • Built In Life Support
  • ammo pockets
STRENGTHS
  • Allows for a Wide Range of Movement
  • Protects against range attacks
  • Protect from grazing lightsaber strikes
  • protects against the elements
  • protects against sonic weapons
WEAKNESSES
  • Can Only take a small amount of damage
  • It is not highly kinetic resistant
  • heavy damage to the armor can make it prone to becoming flammable.
  • Even though it protects against sonic weapons a user still has a chance to experince hearing loss or blackouts.
DESCRIPTION
This armor system was created by layering enviroweave with Armorweave over top of it in multiple layers one after the other. fallowed by two layers of plasteel shaped armor across the shoulders head back , chest and kneepads. in between the two layers is a thic coating of foamcast giving decent protection against sonic weapons. The light armor itself provides a wide range of protections for light and highly mobile infantry.

The idea for this version of HARM armor comes from the need for a armor system that fallows similar style to Eternal Empire when working close with them, that way avoiding any unessisary blue on blue fighting. Ideally this armor would be used by allys of eternal empire and Hades corp forces when operating in the same theater of war.
Hello! Overall a solid piece of armor, however there are a few issues that will require attention. Please tag me once these revisions are done.

Technical Specifications

• Resistances: For this section to be properly judged, the resistance ratings must comply with the vernacular specified in the armor template. The reasoning behind this is simple - what is 'light resistances'? Low? Very Low? It raises questions wherein the answers are subjective and open to interpretation. This section is not meant to be open to interpretation. Please revise. Also, please note - I have not checked the resistances for balance. So once you have adjusted the ratings to comply with the template, this section will be subject to review for balance.
    • Elements: Regarding the specific resistance labeled ‘Elements’; this is too vague. Does this armor possess average resistance to ALL elements, including flame, cryo, etc? Generally, I would ask that you please be more specific in listing each elemental type. That said, I recognize that this submission only possesses average resistance anyway. Even still, based on principle, I will ask that you please break this out into more resistances since you are already adjusting the verbiage of the resistance ratings themselves to comply with the template.

The experimental Soldier
dear Martin Draigo Martin Draigo ,
I've changed the resistance to match the vernacular you requested and yes I have been using the google exel template for balancing as this isnt my first rodeo in creating stuff in the factory.

as for the opinion on the Elements resistence however, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you as even with the Armor Template you listed had listed Elements as just elements secondly its due to the use of Enviroweave which has a high resistance to various elements and average on radiation.

I would recommend you take a look at the materials section of the submission fallowed by the light armor example.
I look forward to your reply

thank you for your time,
Nix

Last edited:
dear Martin Draigo Martin Draigo ,
I've changed the resistance to match the vernacular you requested and yes I have been using the google exel template for balancing as this isnt my first rodeo in creating stuff in the factory.

as for the opinion on the Elements resistence however, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you as even with the Armor Template you listed had listed Elements as just elements secondly its due to the use of Enviroweave which has a high resistance to various elements and average on radiation.

I would recommend you take a look at the materials section of the submission fallowed by the light armor example.
I look forward to your reply

thank you for your time,
Nix

Before I delve too far into this again - let's be clear about a couple of things:
  • I'm aware this isn't your first rodeo. In fact, i've used much of your tech before. None of my comments were meant to imply otherwise. Please keep in mind that any and all comments/critiques are for the betterment of the submission, not a personal affront to you. :)
  • With respect to your recommendation to review the materials section, rest assured that all aspects of the submission were reviewed prior to my posting of the comments. Your recommendation is appreciated, but not required. :)

Now, to get to my response. I recognize that the template states that 'element' is an appropriate shorthand for resistances. However, it is incumbent upon all factory judges to request clarity as they see fit. My goal in bringing up this issue was to clarify your intent regarding - 'are you stating that all elemental types have average resistance?'

In fact, my question is primarily motivated due to my cursory review of the enviroweave material, as pictured below:

Enviroweave_Resistances.png

As you can see, Heat, Cold, and Elemental are listed as 'high' resistances in lieu of average, and they are separated out.

To me, heat resistance can be considered resistant to things like flame throwers, and cold resistance could be resistance to cryo damage. Element resistance, is against the weather elements.

In short, I wanted more clarity as to your intent, considering the material uses a bit more resistances in it to provide clarity in and of itself, and the fact the resistance ratings were different. Perhaps I could have been clearer to my intention, so I apologize.

Since we've established and agree that this is, in fact, not your first rodeo - i'm sure you'd agree with me that increased clarity is not a bad thing in a factory submission. In this case, it's actually to your benefit, because now that the verbiage has been corrected - it is clear that your armor is actually underpowered. So you could beef it up in some ways if you wanted to expand on the resistances a bit.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID

If you'd rather keep the rating condensed into the shorthand rating of 'element', I'm not entirely against that. Not all judges like a long list of resistances, so your effort to be concise is appreciated. I personally prefer to err on the side of clarity when it makes sense, verses too much conciseness.

Returning to the topic at hand, if you wish to keep it concise like we mentioned, I would ask that you please comment on fire and cryo damage in your strengths and weaknesses. And if you'd rather keep your armor underpowered, that's also your prerogative. :)

Please let me know your thoughts on my final comments. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom