Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guns of Icarus Online anyone?

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Well, if you are a fan of steampunk and/or airships, I have great news for you!
There's this great game Guns of Icarus Online in it you take part of one of the four-crew team on one of the airships, soaring through the skies and trying to blow the khark out of each other!
There are three jobs to choose from, pilot, who steers the ship and usually looks after it, engineer, who focuses on keeping the whole thing alive and specializes in cursing out the pilot every time they slam into rocks, and gunner, who guns things.

It's pretty fun, there's multiple classes of ships to choose from, you can customize the layout of guns you put on them, like flamethrowers, hwacha rocket barrages, mortars or flak guns, I would really recommend it for any fans of steampunk, gas lamp fantasy, and airships of course!

By now I've served on pretty much all types of airships as all roles, even did my part as captain, piloting Junker-class ship "Lady Laka" and Goldfish-class "The Soaring Ropo"

So yeah, definitely recommending for any of you to give it a try.

Yoru Shakou

I have 2 copies of the game in my Steam Library if anyone is interested in giving it a try. I purchased an ultimate edition pack which came with a game and three copies.

HK-36

@[member="Noah Corek"]
Well I can go as either pilot or engineer, usually it's best to run ship with 1 pilot, 1 gunner, and 2 engineers because things can go to hell really quickly, with one engineer focusing on the balloon and one on the hull and armor, those are the two most important components of the ship. As a gunner you'll get three slots for special ammo types, one piloting equipment slot, and one engineering slot. I would really recommend that you'll got with a spanner for engineering (It has the greatest rebuilding power if your weapon gets totally destroyed) and spyglass for piloting (So you can spot enemy ships).
For ammo types go with three you like, there's a lot of fun choices like incendiary for bonus fire damage, burst for bonus explosions, greased for more ammo and faster rate of fire. I usually go with Burst Ammo, Greased Rounds, and Heavy Clip (bonus to accuracy).

Either way, I have to head off for a job interview right now :p I should be back in like an hour or two so if you'll want to fly together, let me know!

HK-36

@[member="Noah Corek"]
I sent you a friend invite as well, my steam name is inkbolt1 if anybody wants to add me

@CC-420 "Doc"
The game isn't that taxing on computers, it runs on Unity engine, it just needs a good internet connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom