Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Costs of Unconventional Arms?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ashe the Reaper"]

Planetary-scale weapons like the bastion cannon and planetary turbolasers would be judged on a case by case basis. A separate tech sub would be recommended.

Pulse-mass generator mines are simply an alternative to standard grav well generators. They're more vulnerable, but project a spherical rather than a conical field.

A Separatist deck gun counts as two - one for the ion barrel, one for the mass driver barrel.

A shield leech weapon is the definition of game tech and would not be accepted. It's possible that a substantial dev thread and an amazingly balanced and detailed submission might get some version of it approved.

[member="Rasho the Hutt"], [member="Ashe the Reaper"]

The shield leech weapon is currently the property of Mandal Hypernautics and is in use on the Type-2 Keldabe Battleship.

A more detailed Starship Component submission for this weapon is in the works (along with about 30 other Component/Weapon submissions).

Also, in my experience it has less to do with the name of the submission and more to do with the description and described math. Such as "heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy turbolaser with an extra +10 for a special effect.' Which gets you a gun valued at 42 capital weapons each, is about 32 times as powerful as a turbolaser, and produces radiation or fancy particles or melts things or causes funky gravity anomalies or makes EMP-like effects within a set radius...

To give you an idea of the requirements a planetary cannon would draw, the Ion Cannon on Hoth had a dedicated reactor just for it that was pulled from a star destroyer. Now while there isn't much info on the class type it was it can be assumed to have been an older type and possibly >a thousand meters.

As a ship judge I'd only want to see one on a command or possibly event ship and at a significant gun cost, 100+ depending on the weapon mounted.
[member="Ashe the Reaper"]

well since i built the cannon Ashe I can say this... it takes a planets hemisphere worth of power on a fortress world. Those were usually pretty good and that is to fire it once then it is done for days at a time. It would be impractical for command ships and I want to say Aesmir addressed that when it was being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom