Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Gulag Virus

I really hope you find someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

It's the Chaos site lore. Hundreds of IC years ago there was this "Gulag Virus" that spread through the galaxy and killed a ton of people, resulting in a kind of dark ages. It's just a story mechanic to explain why technology and such is more or less the same despite it being almost 900 years since A New Hope, and also to account for differences in canon/Legends (all or most records were lost, so nobody knows what the truth is when it comes to history).

Anyway, Maple Harte Maple Harte I don't think Tefka ever bothered to really fill in the details, but idk. I'd be interested in knowing if there is info on this though.

Tefka Tefka
Can fill in the details if he wants. As far as I've been concerned it's simply a plot device to advance the plot from the golden age to a dark age this site can emerge from.

However, the long and the short of it is that it was a virus with high transmission, high mortality, and near impossible to resist. The exact details don't really matter.

And no, you cannot make or use it Maple Harte Maple Harte I can see your brain already whirring on this.

Making it or using it was not the intent, Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris . I ask because a lot of my own story lore is tied to events of the Gulag Virus and I want to get the details down for atmosphere by accurately trying to portray the virus at its worst during flashbacks to the Gulag Era. I have no intention of either making it as a sub, or weaponizing it against the rest of the chaos factions It's just for flavor in story flashbacks, honest.

It was a galactic pandemic. It heralded four hundred years of Darkness, isolating planets and societies. There was a terrorist hunted by Jedi Council of that era, thought to have involvement, so it’s possible it was engineered or propagated by an individual.

Most knowledge on it is lost to time and chaos, though. Like the Force, its a powerful though mysterious story element that should be treated with care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom