Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Guiding Grace and Finding Friends

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi Micah Faolan Micah Faolan

mattboarder.png

The corridors of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant echoed with the faint sound of footsteps as Matthew, a seasoned Jedi Master, guided young Micah through its grand halls. Micah, a spirited and curious princess, had come to visit her grandfather and experience the world of the Jedi. The expansive architecture of the temple likely left her in awe.

"Welcome to the Jedi Temple, Micah," Matthew's warm voice broke the silence, his presence both reassuring and guiding. "This place has stood as a sanctuary of peace and wisdom for generations. It holds a wealth of knowledge and history."

Matthew smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "It's a place where Jedi from across the galaxy come to learn, train, and seek enlightenment. And today, I'm going to show you some of its most beautiful parts."

As they walked, Matthew recounted tales of Jedi lore and the Temple's significance. After exploring the chambers and halls, they eventually found themselves in the serene Jedi Temple gardens.

The gentle rustling of leaves and the distant hum of Coruscant's cityscape created a peaceful backdrop. They paused here and took in the fragrant air and the tranquility of the surroundings.

Matthew gestured for her to sit on a stone bench overlooking a reflective pond. "You know, Micah," he began, his voice softening, "being a young princess comes with its own responsibilities. Your father, Rafe, has expressed his concerns about your impulsive adventures," Matthew continued, his gaze gentle but firm. "It's important to remember that your actions reflect not only upon you but also upon your family and your people."

Matthew placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "I know, Micah, You have a spirited nature, much like your father. But it's crucial to temper that spirit with elegance, grace, and manners."

He looked into her eyes, his words carrying a weight of experience. "As a princess, you're a symbol of your people, and how you carry yourself matters. It's not about hiding your spirit, but channeling it in ways that inspire respect and admiration. Your father cares deeply for you, and so do I. That's why I've agreed and taken on the role of your guardian."

As they continued their walk through the garden, the sunlight filtering through the leaves, Matthew's voice held a comforting tone. "Now, consider this the opportunity to make new friends here. The Jedi Temple is a place of diverse minds and talents... True friendship is a source of strength."

TAGS: @

While traveling wasn't an altogether new experience for Micah it was still infrequent enough to be somewhat novel and to inspire curiosity in the girl. This curiosity was tempered, at least to a degree, by the fact that her grandfather seemed to be in lecture mode on this particular day. Her silvery eyes shifted up to the man as he started to talk about what affect her status had on her life in general and her behavior in specific. This was something that she'd heard, in various forms, on several occasions and she barely resisted the urge to sigh.

Barely.

"You sound like Papa now, I hope you realize that... or I guess to be technical he sounds like you," Micah stated with a slight shake of her head. She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that but at the very least the lecture wasn't entirely welcome.

The situation was aided by the new scenery however and she gazed around curiously, while at the same time trying to ignore the lecture about duty and how her actions affected others. This was something that she was familiar with, she'd heard it a million times already, but she was smart enough not to voice that particular complaint. It would likely go over as well with him as it had with her father.

"I can't help that I'm impulsive, things just happen," Micah makes the usual excuse for why she couldn't curb her impulsive nature, not expecting him to buy it any more than anyone else ever had but saying it none the less. "Anyway, being responsible is boring."

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale , Micah Faolan Micah Faolan

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi felt like she was on a different planet for the last few days. Things around her had been rapidly changing, and she very much was lost in all of it. Her lost family that she could never see, her new master after the disappearance of her old one, and a whole slew of other things. It was a lot that weighed on her young and impressionable mind. Now she was just trying to find anything to take her mind off of all of that.

She was fiddling around with mist weaving today, trying to make the thing that Tirin Raene Tirin Raene had shown her. A... dream catcher, right? She wasn't doing very well. Loomi walked ahead looking down at her hands, trying to replicate the pattern as best she could. It wasn't working very well. In this state of minimal focus the girl ended up walking forehead first into a pair of... wings.

"Golly, I'm..." Loomi began, but her voice grew meeker as she looked up. And kept looking up. "Sorry..."

He was a giant! Loomi was very easily scared by other people, but this was very much the single most imposing individual she had ever seen. As soon as she had been talking she was now just frozen, unable to process how she should even proceed.

"Good to know Rafe took a few things to heart. " Matthew practically purred. " Yes that may well be tru-" A small creature bumped into his wings and his feathers bristled slightly before he looked down to see the small girl. He smiled oddly enough as he gently unfurled his large wing and wrapped it around Loomi briefly and the soft feathers gently coaxed the small bug in front of him and coincidentally in front of Micah. " Hello there; Don't be shy step over here so we can see each other properly little one." Matthew's other wing opened up and he happily nudged and ushered Micah closer to the young jedi girl. "It's alright mistakes happen. I'm Matthew and this is Micah. " Matthew said introducing the two girls he had just gently moved with his soft feathery wings to stand before one another.

Matthew was curious to see how the small Princess would take to seeing and meeting someone like Loomi who was admittedly very different than what they knew.

Matthew moves to take a knee and set a hand on Micah's shoulder affectionately. "You appear to be a young Jedi yes? Perhaps you could assist the two of us?" Matthew asked in a friendly tone.
sunstara.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

"Oh? Was Papa not a good listener?" Micah seemed somewhat intrigued by this prospect as she looked at Matthew, seemingly a little more interested in the conversation now that it wasn't focused on her and was less of a lecture. The conversation was interrupted before it could go any further however by the arrival of another individual. Micah tilted her head slightly and watched as Matthew used one giant wing to usher the girl over so that she was in front of rather than behind him. She studied the new arrival intently but if she was shocked by the girl's appearance she didn't give any hint to that, her silvery eyes taking in the other's appearance while shifting her own, much smaller, white and gold wings behind her.

Micah gave a bit of a squeak when Matthew then proceeded to use a wing to reposition her as well.
"That's not what those are for," Micah slightly admonished though she managed to keep her voice from sounding as though she were scolding him. That would not be respectful and all evidence to the contrary occasionally she had been taught manners, which she tended to use when she was around people that she didn't know.

"Hello," MIcah offered a slight wave as Matthew introduced himself and her as well.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

" Hello there; Don't be shy step over here so we can see each other properly little one."

Loomi didn't really have a choice, as she found herself ushered along by the man's wings. A nervous expression spread across her face as she suddenly found herself in a social situation with two complete strangers. The older man very much seemed to not be backing down at all, or giving her a window to either.

"Uh, hello," Loomi greeted back to the younger girl with a meek wave. "I-I'm Loomi."

Did they want her to show them around or something? To be honest, she could do that, but the Godoan had little intention of saying no. She was very easily intimidated into doing things, even if that wasn't the intention of the other person in a given situation.

"I-I'm a Jedi, yeah," she nodded, mustering a very awkward and not confident at all smile. "What do you all need?"

Matthew chuckled hearing her mild admonishment for his gentle nudging. He chose to use his wings as they were softer and had far less weight and move give than his hands and arms. He didn't want to accidentally cause one of the little ones to trip so managing them with a wing was a better choice if he wanted to be gentle which he had to be due to his sheer size. "And what do you use your wings for ~?" He asked Micah with a smarmy grin.

"Need? Not exactly 'need'. I was just telling little Micah here how nice it would be for her to try and make a few friends. Perhaps if it isn't too much trouble to ask your assistance, you might be able to help her with that, please?" He asked thinking perhaps it would be easier for someone closer to his granddaughter's own age to help her make some friends rather than someone his age.
His voice was very friendly and he tried to remain polite. "We've only ever really heard about Jedi from ancient legends where we are from. " Matthew supplied 'helpfully', explaining they knew nearly nothing about what they really were or what they did aside from old tales.

sunstara.png

When her grandfather decided to ask her what she used her wings for Micah gave the man a look like 'you might regret this question but I'm going to answer it anyway'. "Well you see... sometimes you just have to run away from things and they come in handy for jumping off high things... like trees and cliffsl" The tone of the girl's voice as she said this made it clear that this was not something that she viewed as strange or bad in any way, shape or form. Which was probably another reason why she was here in the first place but that wasn't something that Micah gave any thought to.

Her silvery eyes shifted from Matthew to Loomi and then back again as he stated what it was that he wanted assistance with.
"Not sure that's how that works either..." Micah said when he mentioned helping her make friends, her gaze once again shifting back and forth between the two of them. Really she hoped that they weren't making the other girl uncomfortable because she was pretty sure that if the situation was reversed she would feel uncomfortable.

"If you're busy or just don't wanna, it's okay," Micah offered, just in case the other girl was feeling pressured to do something that she didn't actually want to do.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Need? Not exactly 'need'. I was just telling little Micah here how nice it would be for her to try and make a few friends. Perhaps if it isn't too much trouble to ask your assistance, you might be able to help her with that, please?"

Oh. That was... new? A bit of an odd request, but Loomi didn't see anything particularly wrong with that. She didn't feel as pressured anymore, especially with the tall man's polite tone. His... daughter? Granddaughter? She couldn't recall if he had said. Regardless, she seemed to indicate that Loomi didn't have to, but she was probably too far in now.

"W-well," Loomi began, "I don't know how well I can do, b-but I can certainly try my best. Most of the people around here are really nice, so making friends shouldn't be too hard."

If she could stumble her way into friendships nobody was hopeless.

"We've only ever really heard about Jedi from ancient legends where we are from. "

"Oh," she noted, tilting her head. "I... haven't been here for too long myself, but I can try to answer questions you might have. H-hopefully my classes covered most of that stuff..."

She'd turn to Micah, giving a warm smile. Loomi was admittedly much better with people closer to her own age.

"Do you need a tour?" the Godoan asked. "I-I'd be happy to show you around."

"I believe that might not be the best thing to say to... species of shorter stature, and who are vertically challenged. It could lead to misunderstandings," he suggested in a gentle manner.

Matthew was gratified to observe the harmonious interaction between the two of them. "Loomi, your kindness is truly appreciated. I think that would make for an excellent starting point," he commented, his tone light and encouraging as he straightened to his full height.

"Did you catch that, Micah? This place is filled with kind-hearted individuals," Matthew offered, his voice brimming with encouragement.

sunstara.png

Micah looked at her grandfather curiously when he made his quiet comment but she wasn't entirely sure what he meant by his words so she opted not to comment on that. Instead she shifted her focus back to their new little acquaintance, making it a point to tell the girl that she didn't have to play tour guide or anything if she didn't want to, just in case she found Matthew's size too intimidating to decline his request. This didn't appear to be the case however and she offered a small smile when the other girl responded to Matthew's words.

Her attention shifted back to the large man when he mentioned the place being filled with kind hearted individuals.
"Well that's good to know... although it probably means you won't find anyone else to lecture besides me..." Micah gave him a teasing little grin as she offered those words in a playful tone of voice. She didn't really mean anything disrespectful, she was just teasing him.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi's cheeks became a bright pink at the mention of kind-hearted individuals. Kind-hearted? Her? Her antennae curled awkwardly as she tried to maintain her composure.

"W-well, where do you want to start?" Loomi asked. "There's all kinds of places that could help you get started. Training halls, meditation chambers, the gardens, the cantina..."

She was just spit balling some ideas. All they had to do was get to some landmarks down where the could begin meeting more people. More people met meant more friends made. Easy. All she had to do was get them to those places and everything would be perfect. As long as she could keep her composure, anyways.

"Very funny, Micah," Matthew responded, his eyes sparkling with amusement at the young winged princess's comment. He turned to Loomi, his expression shifting to one of genuine interest as he listened to the ideas being presented. "A cantina? That sounds intriguing. Is it akin to a cafeteria with food and drinks?" he inquired, tilting his head slightly, his curiosity evident in his voice.

"I hear you might have something like a library. That's something I'd love to explore. Do you have a vast collection of books and scrolls?" Matthew's passion for knowledge was clear in his eager tone.

He then turned back to Micah, his eyes softening as he considered her preferences. "What about you, Micah? Is there anything specific you're interested in learning about or exploring?" he asked, his voice gentle. He wanted to make sure that the winged princess's interests were taken into account, showing his respect and care for her opinion. He ultimately wanted this to be her opportunity to learn about others and would defer to her preference for exploration.
sunstara.png

The girl offered a bright smile when Matthew responded to her lightly teasing words before focusing her attention back on Loomi as she spoke of the various places that they could explore. She listened to each and then listened as Matthew questioned a few of them, smiling a bit more widely when he started asking about books and scrolls. She was of course already familiar with his passion for knowledge so this didn't come as a surprise to her. Micah didn't really mind the prospect of going to a library if they had such a place but when asked about her own personal preferences she looked thoughtful for a moment before responding.

"I think a garden would be a nice place to explore," Micah answered honestly, the girl having a preference for being outside as opposed to being inside. This was just a side effect of her adventurous nature. It was hard to find adventure when you were stuck indoors after all, at least in her experience.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"I think a garden would be a nice place to explore,"

"That's a good choice," Loomi nodded. "I quite like the gardens."

Loomi gave a gesture for the two to follow and set off towards the gardens, a bit more energy in her step now. Things were a lot less weird now that everything had been explained to her, and she was very much happy to assist. The Godoan very much liked helping people. The girl would give a glance back as they walked.

"So... where are you all from?"

A gentle smile graced Micah's lips when Loomi approved of her choice of visiting the gardens. "I like the outside more than the inside, usually."

Micah looked uncertain for a moment before shaking her head slightly. "Eh, no one wants to hear about that," she announced after a brief moment of contemplation on the matter. Micah was actually fairly certain that anything she'd have to say would be boring since she considered home to be boring. Granted that was just her childish view on things but it was her thought none the less.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Eh, no one wants to hear about that,"

Oh, okay then. She didn't want to hear it then. There went that conversation. Loomi was far too awkward to continue that conversation, so she sorta just gave an awkward shrug before continuing on.

"A-alright," she noted with a confused tone. "Well, uh, we're not too far from the gardens."

They'd ultimately come to a room with an archway entrance, a large clearing with overhanging trees that dropped flower petals around the premises. It had a grassy center that was sloped up into a hill surrounded by various rock gardens for meditation. It was notably rather sparsely populated. The upcoming war with the Mandalorians had traffic through the area far lower than usual. It was peaceful, at least. That was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom