Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Guess I Should Have Eaten More Apples

Well...the medical staff are going to be pissed. First Alyssa goes AWOL while she's supposed to be healing up from her fight with Lark and THEN she comes back without an arm!? Some people just live for pain, don't they? It's not even the arm that has her angry though, Alyssa could have lost both arms AND a leg and it wouldn't have mattered if she won...but she didn't and that's what's plaguing her now.

"Maybe if I just...no that wouldn't have worked..." Ever since her enemy disappeared down that dark corridor Alyssa has had her fight with Sars on loop searching for the point where she lost, the point where the disparity in their skillsets became equal to the disparity in their age. Why couldn't she find it? Why couldn't she understand why she lost!? She thought she had changed but that's a lie! It's the exact same problem as before...

"I think I've gone crazy." There Alyssa stood in the middle of Theed with a destroyed arm and a sickly expression on her face muttering to herself about insanity. It didn't help that she's been standing in front of the hospital for 15 minutes working up the courage to walk inside.

Maybe she had gone off the deep end? This shouldn't be this hard! She has a missing arm and she's debating whether or not to go to the hospital!?

Why? Why-oh forget it! It seems like every question Alyssa has asked is still without an answer. She clearly didn't have any answers so there's no point in torturing herself she supposed.

"Okay..." Alyssa took a deep breath down her sore throat the tender touch of darkness still caressing her lungs. It was a slow and subtle thing yet it made its presence known, nothing serious but it could prove problematic if not treated. "Here I go..."

Alyssa took the step inside the front doors and winced at the sight of a full house filled with people covered in cold sores across their entire bodies. Why is it every time she comes to Theed there's some kind of outbreak going around? Then again every time she comes to Theed she comes to the hospital...

She had to fight her way through the looks of horror and surprise just to step toward the front desk and even then it was another ordeal entirely just to form the words to speak.

"I'd like to get a refund on this arm. As you can see it's kind of broken..."

Aleena Aryss

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

Appearance: Aleena

For several weeks now, Aleena had been traveling between worlds at the front to tend to those who had gotten injured in the war. It was a tiring yet rewarding workload, and not one she'd complain about. But when she got the call about a particular medical case all the way back on Naboo, they had piqued her curiosity.
From the initial report she got, a Jedi had been seriously injured in combat and lost a vital piece of themselves - one of their arms. This typically meant some kind of cybernetic replacement would be prepared, but installing such a thing could be complex. The body naturally repelled machinery, and so the integration of machine would have to be handled properly.
This is what they called Aleena for. As a skilled Jedi Healer, she would be able to guide the woman through the process.
So with haste, she took the first shuttle to Theed and arrived at the hospital soon after. The staff there had brought Alyssa to one of the operating rooms, and so that's where Aleena was heading towards.
"Padawan Alyssa Shinobu?" Aleena asked as she stepped into the room. The 5ft6 tall blonde Knight closed the door behind her and looked over at Alyssa, who had likely been kept waiting for quite some time. She offered a soft smile and tucked some blonde locks behind her ear before she came closer.
"Apologies if you've been waiting for long. I had a long journey to get here."
She then bowed her head respectfully, "I'm Knight Aleena Aryss, and I will be helping you with your recovery."

Alyssa had forgotten how much she hates being in a gurney. Everything in a hospital just feels so slow! She could be up doing something, moving around, training to kill that son of a bantha Sars, ANYTHING! Nope. She lost an arm so now she has to sit here in this bed with Bacta and IV fluid pumping into her shoulder. Maybe she could sneak out again? No not possible, because of her last excursion she's been placed on administrative watch which really just means that the two biggest nurses are standing outside her door if she tries anything.

The staff really wants her to stay in bed so they gave her a little bell in case she needed something which would be great if they didn't put it on her left side.

Alyssa was starting to get the feeling that she wasn't very well-liked here.

"Padawan Alyssa Shinobu?"
Alyssa raised her head at the door and found a woman was now walking through it...actually this one's a bit different. She's a Jedi, isn't she? Not gonna lie to myself...I was kind of hoping I wouldn't run into any here...

Aleena's next words confirmed it and that she had come a long way to offer her assistance. Maybe she should stop thinking so apprehensively, after all, she's already down an arm because of it.

"You know what the handy thing about losing an arm is? You get to make all the hand puns you want and no one can get mad at you." Alyssa waved her stub of an arm the pain from earlier now having died out with the nerve endings. "Thank you for being here. I could really use a hand right now.....o-0kay I'll stop..."

Aleena Aryss

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

"You know what the handy thing about losing an arm is? You get to make all the hand puns you want and no one can get mad at you." Alyssa waved her stub of an arm the pain from earlier now having died out with the nerve endings. "Thank you for being here. I could really use a hand right now.....o-0kay I'll stop..."

Aleena had walked into the room and walked over to the side of the bed to put down her bag with some of the tools she might need. She had worked with many patients before, but hearing one joke about a situation like this was unusual. She just blinked and chuckled in response to the puns.
"I'm glad I could make it. As I mentioned, I'll be here to make sure you don't feel any lingering pain, and that the integration of a cybernetic arm goes well," she said with a calm and comforting tone.
"Before I begin, do you still feel any pain or discomfort at the separation point?" she asked while she gestured for the stub. If that were the case, she would have to first apply more treatment before she could even begin installing any cybernetics. But with the way the woman was joking around, she doubted that to be the case.
"A second question - do you have any particular model of cybernetics arranged? Or just the standard model?" she asked. Aleena was aware that some cybernetics were fancier than others, so she figured she'd ask. It ultimately didn't matter much for her own tasks, but she didn't want to apply the wrong ones on accident.

Alyssa pondered on the question for a second making sure that she wasn't just acting tough and she truly wasn't in any pain. She's accidentally burned herself with Tann more than a few times when she was making her and back then it certainly hurt but that was mostly attributed to shock rather than anything else. Maybe her training had something to do with it? Who knows maybe she shouldn't be questioning it. Numbness is better than debilitating pain after all, right?

"I guess if I banged the wound on the table it would hurt...but that's normal right?" Alyssa tapped the severed stump on the side of the gurney, too scared to hit it with full power and risk the grievous consequences.

A new arm and a new power...end of an era really.
"Well, I guess the standard model's gonna do it for me. Never thought I would have to think about what model of arm I wanted you know? But there is one thing I want to ask you. Don't graph skin onto the metal." The girl's eyes twinkled as she looked at her stub of an arm. "I want to be reminded of this defeat every time I look at this arm..." Sars...he taught her the lesson of pain and of loss...she can use that. If he wants her to get stronger then he's going to get that wish...and a blade right up his jaw.

"I'm probably gonna make my own modifications later so I'm not too worried about this....so..." Alyssa sat up in the bed her eyes losing the tint from before. "How's this going to work exactly?"

Aleena Aryss

Aleena Aryss

A

WnZMuU7.png

"Aahh..." Aleena blinked and wasn't quite sure how to respond to Alyssa joking about banging the wound on the table. Humor was often a way to cope with bad situations or big changes in one's life. Perhaps it was something akin to that?
"Yes, that is normal but I do not recommend it." she smiled sweetly.
Aleena then moved to collect the basic cybernetic arm that could act as a replacement. But after hearing the request Alyssa made, she turned around and nodded, "Of course, that's no problem." she said in response as she walked over to the side of the bed. She pulled a chair and lowered herself on it.
"The way it works is that I'm going to connect the cybernetic arm to your body via a complex synth-net neural interface. So instead of it being a numb object attached to your arm, it will be connected in such a way that your brain and body accept it as a new limb. You'll be able to control it the way you normally would with an arm, and you can feel what you touch." she explained.
"The only step I'm skipping, per your request, is applying Synthflesh afterward, which would hide the fact that it's a cybernetic arm. I'm also going to use the Force to ease up the process, and help your body adjust to the cybernetics." She then rolled over in her chair and placed the cybernetic arm down on the table.
"If you're ready, please shift over towards me and remain relaxed. If you keep still, I can more easily form the pathways needed to connect it. And in case you're wondering, this is not going to hurt."

"OOHHH! That's a relief. I was worried this would be excrutiating!" Alyssa moved toward Aleena and stuck her stump of an arm out toward her leaning back in the gurney as she did. She tried her best not to fidget but was having trouble as the anticipation ate her up inside. What would this arm feel like? Sure it's supposed to feel just like a normal arm but it can't right? All the technology in the world won't take away that mechanical feeling that comes with movement.

Will I slip into this naturally? Like riding a bike, learning to move your arms might just be a skill you don't forget. What's the response time like? Is it slower than a normal arm? Is it...faster than a normal arm!? I should really learn to ask more question-no. No, I'll just figure it all out when she puts the arm on. I mean...it can't be WORSE than my old arm right?

Alyssa shut her eyes and let the world around her fade away into nothingness. The ebb of life, the sound of water running through the pipes hidden beneath the walls, the hum of electricity as it ran across the building and out through the outlets. One, seven, now six birds are sat on the power cables outside the window about seventy feet to the east. There's an old man picking his nose down the street and...nope now he's trying to play it off in front of the kid who caught him.

Meditation one of the first skills you learn as a Jedi has only found use in Alyssa's arms as a way to take your mind of the present and whisk yourself away to a place where your problem doesn't exist. Maybe that's what all the masters use it for? They'd never tell you that much she'd bet. Actually now that she thinks about it Alyssa doesn't really understand all that much about meditation does she? She should really pay more attention.

Aleena Aryss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom