Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Guardian of the Aries

Loomi Loomi Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

Valin is a striking figure among the Jedi, with his snowy white hair that cascades down to his shoulders, giving him an air of wisdom and age beyond his years. His face bears the unmistakable marks of battle, with electrical scarring that snakes across his right cheek and one eye. Despite the scars, his blue eyes held a soft gentle kindness most of the time.

One of Valin's most distinctive features is his cybernetic enhancements. His right hand has been replaced by a sleek and functional robotic appendage. His left leg, too, is robotic

Often forgoing the traditional robes in favor of practical and durable clothing, Valin typically covered in motor grease and bearing the marks of his work, he looks more like a mechanic or a scrap yard worker than a Jedi, but beneath his unassuming exterior lies a formidable warrior and a skilled technician.

Onboard The Aries, Valin has taken on the solemn duty of watching over two young Padawans entrusted to him by his Jedi life partner, Tirin. Loomi, the bug-like Padawan, and Aliris, the former Sith apprentice with striking blonde hair, both would benefit from Valin's guidance and protection. Despite his gruff exterior, Valin was fairly soft at heart.

Valin could often be found in the loading bay or the workshops of The Aries, where he was most at home surrounded by the comforting hum of machinery and the scent of motor grease. His expertise as a technician and mechanic was well-known among the crew, and his presence in the ship's mechanical heart was a constant. However, he had yet to truly interact with the two young, teenage Jedi Padawans, Loomi and Aliris, despite living on the same ship as them. Loomi was often hidden and cloistered away in her bedroom, and he hadn't had much opportunity to catch Aliris and Tirin as of late for any downtime. War certainly did keep them busy.

It was Tirin, his 'Jedi life partner', who had entrusted Valin with the responsibility of looking after the Padawans in his absence. Tirin had spoken of some urgent matter that required his attention elsewhere in the galaxy.

Valin, was determined to make a good impression on the two girls under his care. He was eager to embrace his role as a protective guardian and mentor, even though he hadn't really met them yet.

Valin saw this as an opportunity to bond with Loomi and Aliris. He set up a makeshift work site just outside the ship, surrounded by lush greenery and a serene atmosphere. With a friendly smile, he approached the Padawans.

"Hey there, you two," Valin greeted them warmly. "I thought we could get some fresh air and exercise today. How about a bit of swordplay? It's a great way to hone your skills and stay in shape."

The Aries
Tags: Valin Zenth Valin Zenth , Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi wasn't in a very good mood. She hadn't been on the Aries for long, and she had spent that time hidden in her room. The recent abandonment of the mother she just found out she had was weighing quite heavily on her soul, and she hadn't really been able to find the will to get out of bed. Tirin was nice, and she appreciated his support, but it was hard to shake all the bad thoughts out of her mind.

She hadn't met Valin before now, as he had never poked into her room to have a conversation. He seemed... weathered. The man was covered in scars and mechanical parts, just like her. It spoke to a past of turmoil. To that end, Loomi could relate to him, even if they hadn't met. It made her just the slightest bit more comfortable at the very least.

"I thought we could get some fresh air and exercise today. How about a bit of swordplay? It's a great way to hone your skills and stay in shape."

"I-I don't know if I want to," Loomi admitted, her antennae drooping down over her face. "N-not if it's aggressive sword training, I mean. I... I don't want to hurt anyone."

Especially not after what she saw in the aftermath of the Sith Order's attack.

Her body language was sad, droopy. It was very clear that the girl wasn't in an okay headspace, a fact that she was very poorly hiding from everyone else present. Maybe she was just bad at doing so.

Or maybe the Godoan wasn't even trying.

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris yawned rather loudly as she walked down the ramp towards the other two. Life had been leisure for her. Relaxing on the ship, enjoying the life of just being a kid. She'd gotten a couple more stuffies after the one Braze had given her, dresses and cute clothing. Everything she thought she couldn't actually have and enjoy Tirin had made sure she got the chance to. Not in a spoiled way, either. She earned these things through chores for the most part.

She did, however, blink in surprise at the mention of sword training. Asides from some deep meditation and learning to feel at peace, she hadn't done much with actual combat. She hadn't wanted to. How could she want to?

".. Is that really a good idea?" Even Loomi seemed apprehensive about getting into a fight or using her sword.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth | Loomi Loomi

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Loomi Loomi

Valin leaned back against the mossy tree, his gaze fixed on the two girls as he continued to impart his wisdom. "Well, you don't have to practice in a harsh way, but sometimes it can help. Practicing fighting is how we can avoid fighting by being able to end a fight swiftly when we need to," he said, his voice calm and measured. He paused for a moment, letting his words sink in.

"If you refuse to fight, you might end up dead. That's the circle of life. The animal that fights the hardest lives another day," Valin stated simply, his eyes scanning the surrounding woods for any signs of movement.

He continued, his tone firm but not unkind, "I can only give you advice. Either you help yourself or hurt yourself in the future with what you do in the present. One day you won't have the luxury of choice, and when that day comes, either you'll be ready for it or you won't."

Valin's words hung in the air, a sobering reminder of the harsh realities of their world as Valin regarded the two young girls with a serious expression, his eyes shifting from one to the other. "Tirin and I can both do our best to protect the two of you, but one day we won't be here to protect you two," he began, his voice tinged with a sense of responsibility. He wanted them to understand the gravity of their situation.

"The best I can do is teach you each the skills to defend yourselves and to survive," Valin continued, his tone gentle yet firm. "Learning 'how' to fight doesn't mean you need to kill anyone or even harm them if you really don't wish to, but it can help you get out of a tough situation."

He motioned for them to come closer as if drawing them into a secret world of knowledge. "Remember, it's not just about physical strength, but also about strategy, awareness, and quick thinking. These skills can be your best allies in times of danger. I want you both to be prepared for whatever challenges may come your way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom