Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GTA V PC

skin, bone, and arrogance
Yvette Dusong said:
[member="Avadreia Lacroix"]

I wouldn't necessarily say avoid mods, although I understand the sentiment. Just be ready to call them out again if they try something equally moronic or pull this stuff again later down the road. Remind them they lose more money by pissing off the player base than they gain.
By definition, they neither lose money, nor gain money, from this course of action. You already own the game by the time you are modding it - there'd be no reason to buy another copy, and no way to get a refund.

Also, "call them out"? For what, exactly? lol

Avadreia Lacroix said:
By definition, they neither lose money, nor gain money, from this course of action. You already own the game by the time you are modding it - there'd be no reason to buy another copy, and no way to get a refund.
While it's true that you cannot get a refund on it anymore, this still impacts sales if people would be smart enough about it. Stuff like buying the game as a gift for your friends, or spreading word of mouth regarding it, or investing more money into it by buying multiple copies to support the developers [Yes some people do this, not a lot but they do exist]. So while they got their initial mass sales from the first two weeks release period, they can face an even more drastic drop in further sales than a game usually deals with due to stuff like this. Not to mention people have a long memory when it comes to who tried to screw them over, and such decisions can gravely effect the sales of Rockstars future titles if they didn't back out of this stupid move.

Avadreia Lacroix said:
Also, "call them out"? For what, exactly? lol
Just for being tremendous retards really. I'm alright with stopping people from playing online with mods, if said mods aren't activated server-wide, but banning people from playing single-player if they had mods installed? That's just plain ridiculous and stupid, doubly so since a lot of people complain about the FOV settings that need to be changed from the .ini files or through a mod, which constitutes as modding in all senses of the word. People called them out on this, they backed out of it, much like how Valve backed out of paid mods once people called them out on it. The consumer base has a lot more sway than they realize at times, it's all about being persistent and flaunting your wallet in their face.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Yvette Dusong said:
Just for being tremendous retards really. I'm alright with stopping people from playing online with mods, if said mods aren't activated server-wide, but banning people from playing single-player if they had mods installed? That's just plain ridiculous and stupid, doubly so since a lot of people complain about the FOV settings that need to be changed from the .ini files or through a mod, which constitutes as modding in all senses of the word. People called them out on this, they backed out of it, much like how Valve backed out of paid mods once people called them out on it. The consumer base has a lot more sway than they realize at times, it's all about being persistent and flaunting your wallet in their face.
Since this hasn't actually happened, I'm not sure what your point is. People were banned from GTA Online and booted back into Single Player - where they could play with their mods. What is your complaint, exactly?

As far as I'm aware, Rockstar hasn't backed down on anything and nor should they. They've said that bans aren't being handed out for single player mods, only mods which carry over (intentionally or not) into GTA Online.

*Clears throat* I'll just leave this here for everybody. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/05/08/rockstar-reaffirms-gta-5-single-player-mods-are-fine-by-them/ (NOT ADVERTISING, I'm SORRY!)

Though I think the true reason they backed down was all the horrible reviews they were getting on Steam. Which most people only held out for the PC version of this game to mod it. So by saying no mods period they were going to loose alot of fans and potential customers. The next installment wouldn't sell to well either because people would remember the stunt they pulled. No point in jeopardizing future sells. In all honesty I thought they were going to wait for Valve to bring back paid mods then try to hop on the bandwagon to get more cash.

[member="Yvette Dusong"] [member="Avadreia Lacroix"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom