Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Grunnar-Class Heavy Frigate Mark I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Firem - Concept Artist and Illustrator: Maelstrom Concept Art - for  Gunpowder Games

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To make a heavy frigate for the Brotherhood of Darkness
  • Image Source: Credit to Creator
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Reinforced Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Frigate Weapons
  • Standard Targeting Systems
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • None
STRENGTHS
  • Armored Hull: The Mark I has an armored hull that allows it to survive much more damage than normal frigates
  • Many Weapons: The Mark I has many weapons that make it more than a match for another frigate
  • Speed Boost: The Mark I can temporary increase its speed to catch up with another vessel
WEAKNESSES
  • Low Fighter Support: The Mark I has only a single fighter squadron within its hanger space to provide protection from other fighters
  • No Single Craft: The Mark I has no room for a single craft fighter to be within it
  • Maneuverability: The Mark I has low maneuverability due to dwarrow construction
DESCRIPTION

The Grunnar-Class Heavy Frigate Mark I is the second dwarrow constructed vessel of the Brotherhood Navy. The original concept was taken from the dwarrow fleets that defend the various thaneholds within the tingel arm. Although many of these fleet serve in the New Imperial Order protecting the thaneholds from pirates and smugglers that try to smuggle dwarrow technology out of the system. The Order of Saithon captured one of these frigates that served within the dwarrow fleets by luring them within a communication deadzone among an asteroid field. The Dark Forgemaster himself lead the charge into the frigate with his personnel regiment of dwarrow warriors. Fighting kin with kin was harsh, but the frigate was eventually there's. Taking the frigate to Darvannis to have it manufactured and put into the service of the Brotherhood Military. Once the frigate was loaded within the dockyard on the planet, the Order of Saithon would begin to remove much of the dwarrow technology to replace it with modern equipment that was up to date with the most powerful of worships to backup the Heldenhammer-Class Warships already commissioned.

Once the Mark I was operational, it was presented to the Lord of the Brotherhood Kyrel Ren and with his approval the production would begin to go into overdrive. Until the Mark II and the Mark III were put into production once the flaws of the First Mark was made apparent. While these flaws wouldn't be entirely removed from the Mark II and Mark III the overall design would improve with more weaponry that was focused on dealing with starfighters or turning them into a missile frigate. These heavy frigates would then be put into storage within the Great Brotherhood Vault until the time arose when the brotherhood needed them to defend their interests from rival powers within the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom