Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Groundrunner For Chancellor: Exclusive Interview | The Galactic Alliance

image0.jpg

The camera panned over to a small table, chairs on either side. A few seconds past before men entered from each side of the screen. First to sit down was Josh Inust, host of The Daily Coruscant.

Next to sit down was a man than not many knew, but held quite a bit of reputation within the business industry. Once both men were seated, the camera zoomed in on Josh as the interview began.

“Hello, and good evening. I’m Josh Inust, host of The Daily Coruscant. Today we have the honor to meet with renowned engineer and CEO of The X-Workshop, Jake Groundrunner.”

A round of applause burst out before slowly dying back down. The camera backed out, giving a view of both men.

“So, Mr. Groundrunner, many are shocked to hear your announcement that you are running for Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance. If we may ask, what got you interested in such a position?”

Turning ever so slightly, the screen focused in on Jake.

“First and foremost, please, just call me Jake. Only my executives call me Mr. Groundrunner. Now for your question. When it came to my attention that when a new vote was being held for Chancellor, I was surprised. The position had been held for so long by one person, that I was interested as to why it was open.”

Letting out a small breath, Jake slowed down his words, making sure the camera caught all of them.

“So I thought to myself, ‘why couldn’t I be the Chancellor?’ From my view, it is just like running a company. You have the executives, the Senators. You have the workers, the many citizens in the factories. And you have the families of these workers, who are you people.”

His hand waved out towards the crowd, motioning to them.

“Plus, it just goes to show that anyone could run for Chancellor. Heck, even you Josh, you could run for it if you would like.”

“Well, then who would host this show?”

The host turned towards the camera and gave a cheesy smile. With this the crowd reacted with laughter, which was a nice change of pace.

“But in all honesty, anyone could to it. I’m not saying you’ll become the Chancellor, because it is a popularity contest first, and a money game second.”

“What do you mean?”

“Have you ever heard of Stea, the mine-worker from Duro getting elected? How about Ashil, the cook from Corellia? No, you didn’t, because they weren’t rich or popular enough for people to recognize their actions.”

Jake turned towards the camera, looking deep into it’s black screen.

“And they will keep going unheard of, unless we elect someone that will recognize their accomplishments. Someone, like me, who could give recognition and acknowledgement to those who deserve it.”

The camera panned back out, giving a view of both men. The crowd was silent.

“Well, I would like to thank you Jake for coming onto the show. And please, make sure you vote in this upcoming election. No voice should go unheard. Thank you again for your time.”

“No, thank you Josh. And thank you who listened to me talk today. May the force bless you all.”

The screen would slowly fade out, leaving the people watching elsewhere question who would be right for this election.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom