Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings all!

Jax Nova

Warden of the Knight
Greets the feats, Feets of Greetings! Salutations in the highest degree! *bows*

I am new to the forum but have been RPing Starwars for a long time. Most of the other forums i have been on in the past are no longer active enough to have an rp that does not just fade away to nothing after a few pages so I am out looking for a new community.

Jax Nova

Warden of the Knight
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys! The last place I tried I got no welcome so this site is off to a great start! :)

I am looking forward to jumping into some RPs.

Lol

Coryth Elaris I can handle a little biting. :p

My only question right now is what style of RP does the site use. I am use to a pretty much free form style whith few rules other than the basics such as no God-moding, can't be invincible, and everythign has to be within reason to the perspective reality of the universe.

As long as you are into it :p

Kidding aside though, you pretty much answered your own question. Free form, with the general rules that you stated in mind.

Everyone does things slightly different from one another. But for the most part the style is a choice and preference of the writer. About the only theme I've seen site wise here is the idea to color speaking text different from the rest of the body of the post and even then not everyone goes with that either.

[member="Jax Nova"]

Jax Nova

Warden of the Knight
Coryth Elaris and Lurcano Car'dann thanks that is what I was hoping to find. :) Sounds like this place is a great fit for what I am looking to find!

I'm pretty excited so I'm off to create my first character. ;)

Hey there! Welcome to Chaos. ^_^

"Style" is a somewhat vague term. The basics around here are that we're way, way post-Legacy, so far into the future that nothing canon will be of direct consequence. The content is player-driven, with the exception of occasional staff-run events every few months. Beyond that, do what you want, with consideration to others.

Naturally, there's actually a much longer list of "dont's" than that. Certain species of unfair power, like space dragons and Celestials, are outright banned. Certain materials, like Sith alchemy, beskar, and anything else that might be exploited by everyone and their mother without regulations are also...well, regulated. And in general, all original content - tech, species, planets, and so on - will normally be run through the Factory or the Codex, as seen at the bottom of the forum.

Note that both the Factory and the Codex are entirely optional. If your original content isn't objectionable to another member and you don't feel like recording it where everyone can see, you don't have to. But if you make, for instance, a suit of armor that happens to be immune to lightsaber damage and has a small armory of weapons attached to it without a Factory sub, and someone reports you for it, you will be required to make a thread for it. Also, an overwhelming number of members enjoy just making Factory and Codex material because they can. We're almost flooded with submissions that we really didn't need, but someone felt like making just for fun. XD

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Jax Nova

Warden of the Knight
[member="Orick T'ane"] Thanks for the welcome. I can see that a lot of very helpful people call this forum home and have welcomed me to it as well. This is the best welcome I have got on a forum since I joined a Lord of the Rings forum back in 2005 and to this day it is still my favorite forum, though I am sure this one is set to be equal or better. ;) Starwars is my first choice on ANY universe hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom