Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Great! I'm back at square one!

Ravenous

R
(Who would have thought I'd get so caught up this summer as well...could have sworn I was just complaining about having nothing to do just a minute ago!)

Telani

(Who would have thought I'd get so caught up this summer as well...could have sworn I was just complaining about having nothing to do just a minute ago!)

(I'm really sorry for disappearing.)

Two flashes of light, two bodies collapsed on the ground smoldering their heads having been removed from their shoulders. Every step took backward, every squeeze of a trigger or withdrawal of breath sent ripples through the Force crashing into one another and producing a feeling of motion that Ravenous could track. It didn't matter where the ripple came from or just how small and insignificant it was. Every action that could be made could be predicted ahead of time as the feeling of movement rushes ahead of effects and leaves a whisper an echo in his mind.

Water rushed over him coming from behind. There was force and killer intent behind the attack as it rapidly rushed toward him. Ravenous dipped to the side and dodged the oncoming laser round before using his amethyst blade to return the blast to its sender. Two steps backward? Ravenous took two steps forward. Ravenous went for the strike and it struck true as the soldier felt his chest ripped open. There was a sort of rhythm in the way Ravenous moved when assailed by an enemy that outnumbers him.

The Dark Jedi finds himself moving reactively only striking when opportune and always finding his mark no matter what steps they take to evade him. In the distance behind a sea of buildings, an explosion rang out shooting fire into the skies and filling the air with shadow and smoke.

"Looks like we're done here for now. I'll be back to murder your queen later...but you all won't get to see it." Darkly, Ravenous' body began to swirl with crimson energy that tore apart the ground and let depravity into the air. Everything it touched was drained of life and everything that saw it was filled with despair before being torn asunder the strings with which their life made music ripped out and dried on the floor like their now decaying bodies.

"That attack...cannot be blocked. It drains the lie of any it touches...in this case you-" Ravenous fell to a single knee his energy drained and his throat plagued as he retched coughing blood onto the ground. "Guess I went past my limits again. Really need to work on that." Ravenous rose to his feet and followed the sounds of battle coming from the explosion. No doubt following it would lead him to Telani Telani where both groups could link up and exit the city.

Rounding a corner Ravenous found his red-skinned friend eagerly dashing toward the enemy their retreat a wiser move than they might even realize. "Let them go. We do want survivors to tell our tale, don't we? If you just give in to that hunger every single time it arises then sooner or later you'll become addicted like I once was. For karks sake what happened to all that compassion you were so proud of before? Don't tell me that got eaten as well? No matter. You probably didn't need it anyway. Mercy is just an excuse we come up with so we don't have to make a decision we might regret."

These words didn't exactly please her. His first half of his statement made her understand that she really aught to pull back, she didn't have her natural sense of mercy or compassion any more, but it was something she definitely missed, something she wished she still had. That would be reason enough to follow his advice. His almost taunting words that followed however made her angry. Very angry. But remembering his earlier words and the truth that rang with them she calmed herself down, barely. Thank you A'Sura for showing me what self-control looks like, she thought to herself as she followed him out of the city.

"So what's our next move?" She asked him. "I'm not much of a strategist but I assume we're going to let panic set in before doing anything else. Unless of course you want to capitalize on the current confusion and do more damage before they can properly recover. Perhaps a bit of both?"

She had always been a violent person, but she'd always been very particular about who or what she was violent towards. When she went to go get the blueprints and maps for an old site from a few key people, who had managed to take it from Ravenous, she'd simply done a bit of property damage, taken the chip and left some credits to help pay for reparations. But now she was itching for anything to kill. Absolutely anything. She just wanted blood, and she didn't like it. But she'd have her fill, eventually, there was a war coming, and that meant blood, a lot of it. She'd be spilling a good portion of it, and she couldn't wait.

Ravenous

R
My oh my what had he done? He could barely even see the violent yet tempered individual, Telani Telani used to be. He didn't remember his transformation being this quick! Then again...it's not like he had fallen very far, to begin with. Every step Ravenous has taken has been toward his END GOAL, a dark and hideous secret that he has hidden from his allies even now as his plan is in motion. Will, Telani stay like this? Will this aimless lust for death never cease? He hopes so and he hopes that his lust for death doesn't quell hers in the process.

"As I said, our main focus is getting outside of Iziz. I already got what the resistance needed while you were busy sleeping. We're going to head to Akabane's old home where he lived before he left this horrid place." Ravenous pinched his forehead to relieve a growing migraine most likely caused by his prolonged concentration. "I need time and rest to recharge my powers, and you need time to get used to your new ones. I see a massive trail of crimson stretching out before me and I intend to see its end."

Ravenous pulled his jacket over his body and took a step toward the rising plume of smoke. As if fearing his wrath the flames parted to let him pass and clapped back together as soon as the man had progressed through.

On the way back through Iziz panic could be seen flooding the streets as people ran inside their homes and protesters cheering for the resistance and calling for an end to the monarchy clashed with Royal forces in the streets. The air was as dry and scalding as he remembered and the sun's rays bore down on him even as he kept close to shadows like he used to do after winning just one too many games at the pub.

Looking back on it now it was clear to Ravenous that even then the Force had its sway in him.

“Akabane remembers the riots being just like this except they were for a different resistance formed against a different monarchy far more brutal than the one we’re pursuing now.” Ravenous turned his head toward the sound of blaster fire as a group of protesters were ruthlessly gunned down in the streets sending the lot of them into the shadows, their lips still stained with the fires of rebellion.

“I’ll be even worse than both of them.”

His eyes flicked toward his ruby skinned companion. “How does the title of executioner sound to you? I have to say you're a bit more agreeable without that pathetic limitation plaguing your movements, I’d even be as bold as to say you’d relish the chance to kill people.” Ravenous snickered and kept his pace, not listening to whatever answer Telani planned to give him. She should know by now that he takes what won’t be offered.

“Well I suppose I won’t get anywhere if I keep dodging the question. Telani. Are you angry at me? Do you feel as though I did something to you that is unforgivable?” He’d first have a Wookie rip him in two before he verbalizes it but Ravenous does care what Telani thinks of him...she hasn’t gotten better and mind reading has she?

“Choose
wisely. Your answer determines what comes out of my mouth next. You just don’t understand how much about me and this void you don’t know about.”

His destination grew closer by the second and the weight of the memories he built here made Ravenous’ heart heavy with emotion. That cocktail of anticipation, fear, nostalgia and glee is enough to bring anyone to this lane labeled: Memory.

Telani

His eyes flicked toward his ruby skinned companion. “How does the title of executioner sound to you? I have to say you're a bit more agreeable without that pathetic limitation plaguing your movements, I’d even be as bold as to say you’d relish the chance to kill people.” Ravenous snickered and kept his pace, not listening to whatever answer Telani planned to give him. She should know by now that he takes what won’t be offered.

"Assassin sounds better." She replied. "Being an executioner defeats the purpose, it's no fun unless they can fight back."

“Well I suppose I won’t get anywhere if I keep dodging the question. Telani. Are you angry at me? Do you feel as though I did something to you that is unforgivable?” He’d first have a Wookie rip him in two before he verbalizes it but Ravenous does care what Telani thinks of him...she hasn’t gotten better and mind reading has she?

“Choose wisely. Your answer determines what comes out of my mouth next. You just don’t understand how much about me and this void you don’t know about.”

His destination grew closer by the second and the weight of the memories he built here made Ravenous’ heart heavy with emotion. That cocktail of anticipation, fear, nostalgia and glee is enough to bring anyone to this lane labeled: Memory.

She sighed. "Yes and no. I'm angry, but not at you. There's no reason to be angry at you, but I'm angry. The only one I should be angry with is me. You did nothing to me, all you did was present an opportunity, a choice, a choice that I made, and so if anyone is to be blamed for anything I am the one to shoulder that responsibility, not you."

"And I know full well that my knowledge of you and this void is less than complete. I'm as knowledgeable about it as a child newly come into the world. I understand that I know nothing, and it wasn't until I finally peered into the endless depths of this blackness that I realized how little I know." She told him.

She took a deep breath, and exhaled. "Anyway. I should probably go and see about reigning in this new power. The Jedi usually don't control as many powers as Sith do but their ways aren't entirely without merit. Going berserk the way I did today is likely to reduce my combat effectiveness overall. I need to get it under control as soon as possible."

She gave him an evil smile, "Don't worry though, I'm not going to become a pacifist. There are a lot more lives that need snuffing out."

Ravenous

R
Ravenous almost let himself breathe a sigh of relief but that thought was quickly cast into the abyss with everything else. "Whaddaya know. You actually seem more reasonable than usual. Maybe I should take your temperature hm?"

Ravenous and Telani found themselves on a dark narrow street lined with nice-looking townhouses that for some reason appeared abandoned. Upon closer inspection, it became clear that a battle had been fought here judging by the small craters in the pavement and the scorch marks burned into some of the houses.

“There have been a lot of battles in this area so people got scared and jumped ship the first chance they got. Can’t say I blame them I suppose.”

Ravenous easily made his way down the empty district making no signs of error or even hesitation in his movements. This walk was far too easy for him as though it were part of his everyday routine. Who would have thought the Dark Lord knew his way around the streets…

Near the end of the bricked street about three houses down from the massive wall that surrounds Iziz, Ravenous came to a stop in front of a townhouse and quickly ascended the small flight of steps. He knew better than to try the lock so he got right down to business from the get-go. Blue energy circled around his fist and then...BOOM!

With a solid punch, the metal door was blasted off its hinges and sent crashing into the dusty old living room.

“What in the hell…” Ravenous took a look around the house and found that everything was to his disliking. The furniture was trash, the carpet was trash, the new paint trash...man who decorates like this!?

“When I find who decided to put in a pink carpet this magenta will become blood red.” Resisting the urge to go out and hunt this poor family down, Ravenous high his coat on a nearby rack and found a holotable in one of the backrooms, the drive cartridge dusty from months without usage.

"Telani, I need you to look at this." Ravenous slapped the drive into the cartridge and watched as a hologram flickered into existence. "This is what I was getting while you were sleeping. It's a schematic of the Unifar Temple, the Onderonian royal palace." Ravenous zoomed in to a chamber hidden underneath the temple its contents redacted even from this official blueprint. Never a good sign.

"Those revolutionaries had trouble discovering where their comrades were being held as the Queen is really the only one who knows the truth of the matter and it's not like they can just go up and ask her. However with senses like these me and you should have no trouble feeling the connection to this chamber yes? Even through the hologram, the anguish is palpable. Focus your powers on that room, you'll see what I mean." Ravenous stood up and went back to the living room where he picked up the broken door and set about putting it back into the frame.

"As you can see the revolution is wary about mounting an attack on the Royal Palace lest their buddies are caught in the crossfire. A very menacing factor I'd say. Seeing as this is our main concern all we need to do is spring a little prison escape. However, I doubt I'm stealthy enough to break into the dungeon, sneak past all the guards, open all the cells, get all the prisoners weapons, and then stage a coup from the inside all without raising even a single alarm."

Ravenous began stroking his chin. "I wonder if I know anyone who could do that for me..." Ravenous sat the door down his attempts at repair dashed when he saw that the hinges were completely shattered. "Study that Hologram and decide your point of entry. No one else has much chance of getting into the detention level undetected so this one's on you. While you're starting a prison break I'm going to get into the palace a different way. You know how I am...I'll figure something out."

Ravenous snatched his coat off the rack and pulled the hood over his face. "Anyway, I have to go meet my contact. It's a lot of work being a shadow king and all you know. I'm about to leave so if you have any questions ask them now because I probably won't pay much attention to them later." Yeeeah, Ravenous has never been the best mentor or a mentor at all for that matter.

Telani Telani

Telani

Ravenous almost let himself breathe a sigh of relief but that thought was quickly cast into the abyss with everything else. "Whaddaya know. You actually seem more reasonable than usual. Maybe I should take your temperature hm?"

She gave him a glare before rolling her eyes. "If you absolutely must, but no rectal thermometers, you haven't earned the right to go for that hole yet."

“What in the hell…” Ravenous took a look around the house and found that everything was to his disliking. The furniture was trash, the carpet was trash, the new paint trash...man who decorates like this!?

“When I find who decided to put in a pink carpet this magenta will become blood red.” Resisting the urge to go out and hunt this poor family down, Ravenous high his coat on a nearby rack and found a holotable in one of the backrooms, the drive cartridge dusty from months without usage.

His reaction drew an evil cackle from her lips. "Awwwwe, is big bad evil guy scared of a color? That's just adorable."

"Telani, I need you to look at this." Ravenous slapped the drive into the cartridge and watched as a hologram flickered into existence. "This is what I was getting while you were sleeping. It's a schematic of the Unifar Temple, the Onderonian royal palace." Ravenous zoomed in to a chamber hidden underneath the temple its contents redacted even from this official blueprint. Never a good sign.

"Those revolutionaries had trouble discovering where their comrades were being held as the Queen is really the only one who knows the truth of the matter and it's not like they can just go up and ask her. However with senses like these me and you should have no trouble feeling the connection to this chamber yes? Even through the hologram, the anguish is palpable. Focus your powers on that room, you'll see what I mean." Ravenous stood up and went back to the living room where he picked up the broken door and set about putting it back into the frame.

"As you can see the revolution is wary about mounting an attack on the Royal Palace lest their buddies are caught in the crossfire. A very menacing factor I'd say. Seeing as this is our main concern all we need to do is spring a little prison escape. However, I doubt I'm stealthy enough to break into the dungeon, sneak past all the guards, open all the cells, get all the prisoners weapons, and then stage a coup from the inside all without raising even a single alarm."

Ravenous began stroking his chin. "I wonder if I know anyone who could do that for me..." Ravenous sat the door down his attempts at repair dashed when he saw that the hinges were completely shattered. "Study that Hologram and decide your point of entry. No one else has much chance of getting into the detention level undetected so this one's on you. While you're starting a prison break I'm going to get into the palace a different way. You know how I am...I'll figure something out."

She looked over the hologram. And began to think. The place looked pretty secure, but not impossibly so. Besides, who could notice she was in there if there was noone to notice? And if she'd gotten the right impression of this queen, she might think her soldiers were slacking off if they just disappeared. But even so, it was only an impression, so she couldn't count on that. Well, there'd be plenty of slaughter when the revolutionaries were busted out of their cells. And disabling the alarm system might be a good idea too.

Ravenous snatched his coat off the rack and pulled the hood over his face. "Anyway, I have to go meet my contact. It's a lot of work being a shadow king and all you know. I'm about to leave so if you have any questions ask them now because I probably won't pay much attention to them later." Yeeeah, Ravenous has never been the best mentor or a mentor at all for that matter.

"How long do I have to get the revolutionaries out?" She asked him? "Before you end up coming in that is?"

Ravenous

R
She gave him a glare before rolling her eyes. "If you absolutely must, but no rectal thermometers, you haven't earned the right to go for that hole yet."
(Unbelievable! I KNEW you were gonna say that and STILL walked into it!)

"How long do I have to get the revolutionaries out?" She asked him? "Before you end up coming in that is?"
Ravenous took a moment to think over the question as he began doing some silent calculations. He came back to reality and smiled with his answer. "You take all the time you need. I plan on taking things niiice and slooow. My plans for the city have been in motion for a long time now, no matter what move the Queen takes it's a checkmate. It's not like she could stop me anyway."

Ravenous took a step outside the 'door' but turned around for one final comment. "And just so we're clear I have no intention of going anywhere near any of your holes." Ravenous rushed outside before Telani could turn any of what he said into an innuendo, he couldn't handle that right now.

"Zavus Gudrybe"

"Yeah, that was pretty good!"

Ravenous rolled his eyes. "AMAZING. Everything I do is AMAZING! Get it right."

"Why you gotta be like that man!? You're always such a narcissist and you act like you are better than everyone else INCLUDING ME! We're the same person and you look down on me! How screwed up is that!"

"I AM better than you. I was created to protect your whiny carcass and that's what I'm gonna do."

"J'us Zudimas Jis"

"And your gonna kill yourself too! You're seriously going to stand here and say you're not even a bit attracted to...what's her name again?"

"See? You're just parts of a whole and your parts are all the useless ones."

"She's going to end up hating you one day. We all saw what the void did to her and you don't care. This is why everyone despises you."

"EVERYONE likes me."

"Name one person."

"Tym Uud j'us Antai."

"Telani likes me."

"She tolerates you."

"That party girl from Zeltron was into me."

"She was into EVERYONE."

"Zlova Rue."

"SHE TRIED TO KILL YOU."

"Sola looked after me I guess."

"Now your just getting desperate."

"Nimdok?"

"Tym Uud j'us Antai..."

"Face it, Ravenous. Everyone you know ends up hating you one way or another."

"I wonder who's fault that is..."

"Don't you rope me into this!"

"You roped me into it and where did it get you. Honestly think: WHERE. DID. IT. GET. YOU? We are in the same spot I was created to keep us out of. We're vulnerable we have things to lose and when we lose them...we'll be back at square one."

"Well then what do you suppose we do?"

"Mes Qorit Ji."

"No, I have a better idea. We finish EVERYTHING, with everything gone nothing we'll have nothing to lose."

"So what we'll be back at square one again? Real smart."

"You need to step back to leap forward. Now shut the hell up, we're here." Ravenous allowed the abyss to wash over him like a cowl as it shrouded his mind in darkness and shut away that lesser form of himself.

He stood before a massive courtyard with shrubbery lining the stone walkway to a mansion that sat in the middle of the fenced estate. At the sight of his approach, the golden gates shuddered apart to let him pass...he was expected. The walk inside the courtyard was always such a quiet one, like entering a different world entirely where the air smelled like citrus and everything had a green hue to it. He imagined that the exiles liked to watch people as they walked up the pathway, a lot of rich people like to for some reason. There aren't many who remember when the Dendup bloodline ruled Onderon and there are even fewer who have the gall to act on it.

History is decided by the victors and the victors decided that Dendup's would be stricken from history their assets seized and their family sent into exile. It took a lot of maneuvering to find out where Dendup's last heir was hiding and even more work to get her interested in the concept of resistance. The true Queen in exile vs the false Queen in the spotlight. One of the greatest stories he had ever written. Ravenous stirs up a revolution against the crown and suddenly there's a desperate need for weapons and supplies on the planet. That's him.

The resistance needs intelligence in order to undermine the crown. That's him.

The crown needs info on where the resistance is hiding to get their intel back. That's him.

The people need an idol to believe in! Someone who can retake the crown and restore order. That's Vivirotta Dendup who's working for you guessed it...him.

All these things. All these people. They were all pieces of the picture he wanted to be constructed, an empire where he was entirely safe as he ruled from the darkness away from the hateful eyes of the people. What threat is a revolution when the story they're writing requires your pencil? What power can be lost when the stripper of might is yourself? No more enemies but himself. No more allies but himself. Ravenous has become something unfathomable, he's become someone that lies in the rung of society and yet steers the ship from below deck.

The Shadow King.

Oh, this reminds him of the days when he was just an acolyte trying to pass his trials and all anyone ever talked about was their get-powerful quick schemes that would 'reshape the galaxy.' What a waste. His vision won't be, however. Every single man, woman, and child will be his and he will be invulnerable because...no one will even know it.

Telani Telani

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom