Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Inquisitors Need Sheep. Wolves? Lemmings? Wookies? (INQ)

Song eased herself out of suppressing her power to join the other Atrisian Inquisitors in their display. Her own power was far from uncontrolled, held in check by a quadanium forged discipline, despite her outward appearance. She remained silent once more, letting the others speak as she instead observed each of her new fellows in turn.

At the display of the ewok's herbal knowledge and its impact on Asterion, even she couldn't help but lift a hand in front of her face and very, very quietly giggle into the top of her knuckles.

She cleared her throat, picking up her flask once more, "I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to tear things apart. A little patience and you'll have your carnage. In the meantime, I have a few leads to look into on artifact sites and other materials of interest to our cause. I'll inform you as soon as anything more substantial than rumor or vision materializes, Gyaumchem."

[member="Warok the Defiler"] @Asterion @Matsu Xiangu [member="Ahani Najwa"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Stretching his neck as if lumbering for a cage fight with a Wampa, Asterion final cooled with the itching, but he looked uncomfortable. He wouldn’t forget the little Teddy Bear, not in a hurry. Looking up, he saw the 3 ladies before him obviously finding amusement in the predicament; one way to break the ice.

”Ok, look. I’m here to offer my services for this Empire. I don’t ask much in return – just a place I can develop and be part of something mighty.”

He shuffled slightly and folded his arms.

”I see many others with my…taste for the theatricals here too, so you know what I can do to those unaware of such powers, ” he glanced at all three ladies, even parting a shot down below to the Ewok, ”and I want a chance to see just what the Inquisitors are required to do.”

It was an open invite for them to give him an initiation to push the Empire forward.

[member="Antera"] [member="Warok the Defiler"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Ahani Najwa"]

I fething hated late entrances.

But none the less, I was still here. I waked onwards after my late ride dropped me off. Walking through the halls, my rather long hair made apparent after leaving it to grow out. Natural white hair. Echani. However instead of a snow white, it was more of a silver sheen because of my mother's genes in being a Valkyri. A race of very warmonger type people. Almost barbaric in some cases. Nonetheless. I had my left hand on the hilt of a very long Echani Vibrosword that I decided to carry today. In a cross draw, I walked as clearly I would be one of the tallest people here. Standing over 2 meters tall had its benefits. It also had its drawbacks.

Reaching to the chambers of the Grand Inquisitor, the doors slid open with a wave of my hand and I proceeded to walk in. As an Echani, my first reaction was to assess the situation. Ewok, small, but would be a trouble with how he was holding himself. Sith, Epicanthix. I have seen enough of them to know the difference. A Chiss woman. Pencil pusher? maybe However she had more than meets they eye. I could tell that much. And looking out, I saw the Lady herself. Echani by her hair. Though it was a little darker than what I would have expected.

I walked in and stood behind the group of people who had gathered. Clearly the doors opening and the falling of my boots would have made enough sound for them to hear me. I spoke either way to introduce myself. "Darren Shaw. Rogue Sith Lord. Echani." I then turned and bowed my head to the Grand Inquisitor. "My apologies for being late."

[member="Asterion"], [member="Antera"], [member="Ahani Najwa"], [member="Warok the Defiler"], [member="Matsu Xiangu"],

The Ewok burst out laughing, his raucous mirth so shaking his body that he fell to the floor and began rolling from side to side, clutching his near-bursting stomach; shrill laughter resounding throughout the room at the pompous Echani's too-tall entrance.

Why the persona of this sword-wielding rogue brought such merriment was a mystery to all, save the furry critter himself. And he seemed far too preoccupied to give a coherent answer.

"AAaaahahahehehehehee!"

Stephanie Swail

As the door opened behind them, Asterion turned out of sheer curiosity to see a fellow Sith enter by way of introduction, tall and well armoured. Certainly fitting the image of a Sith Lord – but exiled? How interesting.

The Ewok beside him received another irritating look from Asterion, rolling his eyes and looking at the table of women before him.

”Seriously, is this teddy bear still being permitted to breath?”

Asterion turned and gave a quick nod of the head – Lord maybe, but not HIS Lord.

”Asterion, Knight of the Sith Order. Er…abandoned, you could say. Nice to see a fellow gent amongst this circus.”

He returned to look at the trio across the buckled table and gave a small and brief, if somehow cocky, smile out the side of his mouth.

[member="Darren Shaw"] [member="Antera"] [member="Ahani Najwa"] [member="Warok the Defiler"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"],

I turned to look at the ewok that began to burst out in laughter. I just stared at him. Wondering why he laughed at me. I kept control of myself. As hard as it was to not rush over and throttle him, I stayed still. However no signs of my internal struggles to keep myself calm were noticeable by expressions of the body. However, when a man, A Sith Epicanthix began to ask about why he was still permitted to breathe, I raised a stop hand to him. Trying to keep the situation somewhat calm here.

"He breathes because I feel no need to end his life. He laughs at something that may or may not be appropriate for this situation at hand. Dawdle not on his laughter towards me. Should anybody ask that question it would be myself. I am sure that if it is something that is not deemed liable here at this time, then he will face the consequences on his lonesome. You instigating the situation will only make matters worse for you."

As the man introduced himself as [member="Asterion"], I nodded my head towards him in a greeting. We were too far away to shake hands, and this was more or less an informal meeting of those who were worth to hold powers within the Inquisition. His attitude was that of someone rash and quick to action. He reminded myself of me. Once charging into battle without thinking. Reguardless, I spoke to him while also indicating the Sith Lady that was towards my right but level with him at distance from standing away from me.

"Does she not count as a Sith? I hope she does because I could feel the Dark Side from her before I even entered the room. As much as this may be informal or even a Semi-formal instance, I would advise you to watch your words and wording of such things to avoid confrontation amongst those who you may have to work with. I do thank you for welcoming me here. Maybe by fixing your tone then people would be standing closer to you, rather than away from your form."

As where the Minotaur stood. Everyone seemed to give him a rather wide berth of space. I was only giving estimates on the little information I knew. However, I could be wrong. Though, there were few times in which I was on the wrong side of the equation.

Turning to the Ewok, I simply looked at him. His laughter sounding almost like chirps mixed with the sound of a chipmunk interlaced with heaving sounds from the inability to breathe. Despite this, I looked forwards. Ignoring him. For years I have been laughed at and mocked for running away from positions of power. However soon all the information of my life will be exposed. I will become a free man with the ability to choose decisions according to my desires. The only people who will stand in my way, are those who do not want me to have that freedom and power.

None will stand. All will Fall.

[member="Warok the Defiler"], [member="Antera"], [member="Matsu Xiangu"], [member="Ahani Najwa"],

Ahani snorted into the back of her hand, sputtered then burst out laughing. "I'm sorry [member="Asterion"] but [member="Warok the Defiler"] is so . . . funny!" She tried to stave the giggle, Ahani did! But the Ewok's chutzpah had gotten into the tiny smattering of good side the mother of three (two deceased, one Rogue Jedi Master reclaiming a desert world) kept for small children, fuzzy animals and the deranged.

As the Echani walked in, Ahani did her own sizing up. Fragile in his own skin, "The mighty hands of the Empire run down into annoyance and true grit by itching powder from an Ewok. That sums up the Inquisition. Although I'm sure Warok has more to provide us than tricks that would have made my toddlers giggle, he took an obtuse angle to the issue at his hand. Divine, eh? Think of how useful that will be, once tamed, trained and brought into the line."

The woman slapped the wreckage of the table with her palm and it shuddered, then quaked and turned to dust. "Rules for the Inquisition. Learn your allies and learn your enemies. Every single person in this room is an ally. We do not kill, maim or defeat our allies any more than we can fix. This is my rule. I will not have our dealings broken down by infighting. As hilarious as it may be."

To her feet, the Echani Lady's muscles shuddered and quaked as if to the Echani she were stuttering. Her entire body contained a raw and usurping potency. She grinned and slunk up to [member="Darren Shaw"] with the gait of a woman who had in her time destroyed persons, planets and systems. Her very footstep was a threat, a terrible recompense for the torturous ways of the Sith. She peered into Shaw, her silver eyes shoving into the cords of his muscles like the reader of familiar books.

"We are going to discover our enemies. Each of us will conduct a mission to pinpoint the greatest threats to the Empire. Whether that be an artifact, a person or a piece of technology. Find it, discover its inner workings, and either turn it to our use, or eliminate it. @Antera has targets on archives and artifacts. I have my eye set on a particularly threatening individual. Choose your targets, and we will convene. I do suggest for those who lack conviction: destabilizing the state or security of another Empire, or say, Republic or Corporation may hold untold advantages when we bring that information or entity back to the Empress Varanin and her Right Hand [member="Alen Na'Varro"]. Through me, of course."

I paid attention to the woman. I could still see a hint of a giggle on her face her tone of voice spoke in seriousness. Even while she slid over to me, much like a snake would it's victim, I had to look down from my height over her. I almost dwarfed her with my chest size and simple height. However, that was not meaning I underestimated her. I was sure that if she wanted to beat me, she would on a silver platter. No doubt about it. Seeing how she walked and talked to me, I could tell that there was a chance that not all the right marbles were in the right places. She looked to almost be a little insane from the way her silver eyes twinkled as she looked up at me.

However I stopped when she uttered the word Varanin. Empress Varanin? My eyes widened and I then squinted them, "Correct me if I am wrong Grand Inquisitor, But did you say Empress Varanin?" I didn't speak her full name. Almost as though I feared her. Well, maybe. She was one tough gal when she took the throne as Empress of the Sith Empire. If she was still alive, then that means she is even tougher than I thought. It has been a long time since we have spoken. It seemed to be almost years.

Looks like I needed to catch up on a few things.

[member="Warok the Defiler"], [member="Antera"], [member="Matsu Xiangu"], [member="Ahani Najwa"], [member="Asterion"],

"The Empress Ashin Varanin is my greeeeaaaaaaaat-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter-in-law." Ahani skips backa step, eyeing [member="Darren Shaw"] from a distance.

"Yes I did. I said Empress Varanin. And that means something to you - what I don't know, but it means so much. Why?"

I smiled. The long and drawn out series of "greats" the woman had to say to make an accent on how she was older than everyone here. But with how her body was in form, she either knew how to change bodies, or was in cryostasis for a long time. leading me to believe that she had some kind brain problem that caused her to act..... alittle bit off the beaten path. Nonetheless, She stated that she was related to Ashin by law, not by blood. However with how long she may have been in cryostasis, then there may be some connection.

She continued to look up at me and question why I asked, but she already knew that there was a connection between her and myself. I nodded my head once. "Long story short, I worked for her a long while back. Got her into power, She helped me, and then later threatened to kill me. She left me with a bloodmark, and I have only seen her twice after that in small places and went our separate ways."

I tilted my head and continued slightly, ever so slightly watching my words, "She was a master to me at some point in my life. But that was when I was naïve and a fool with the mind of a saint. After our last encounter, I would have doubt that she would have come out into the light with her.... situation."

Last time that I had seen her, her body was old and warn. After the fight with Darth Moridin, She had absorbed thousands of souls that the man had trapped within his body. It made her rapidly age, and while she still had them, any other body she had would naturally age faster by years to feed the souls she had. The Conqueror of a thousand worlds was weak and weary. Her connection to the Force broken, yet still had the ability to mend back together. If she was now an Empress, than she either gained a new form, or had become a master and rid her life of the souls of those she stole.

I only wonder which one she chose.

"We were friends. Long ago. Now, no so much."

[member="Ahani Najwa"]

Cryostasis was problematic. Inaccurate in his assumption (and Ahani having no idea as to that assumption whatsoever), the man entitled himself to a wealth of understanding on the bed of a shaking ground.

"Hmm. That will help me a little." Ahani's hand patted [member="Darren Shaw"] on the shoulder, and with the briefest contact of her skin against his clothes a curious frigid slick of the woman's experience was briefly available to the Winterborn Echani. "Friends are as friends do. They are limited. How's the itch, [member="Asterion"]?"

Ahani Najwa was an ancient and formidable force of universal chaos and cosmic nature boiled into the form of a pure bred Echani woman. In the flash was the face of Palpatine himself, glancing down at a shy little girl saluting beside a man dressed in crimson holding a Force Pike. The image shifted, Ahani in meditation over time her eyes cast out to a nebula which under her constant ministrations began to birth a star.

The image slicked to the emotions of a memory: eight hundred years of wakefulness within the stillness of encased crystal, but oh Ahani was not slumbering for some eight centuries in a quaint repose. The Sith Lady had lived each second of those eight hundred and fifty years, expressed, felt, relied, tempted, fought, tasted the universe as her body stayed encased in a crystalline matrix of her own design. The lack of motion was maddening, but more would be accomplished in the state of outer stillness.

There were others with her, locked beside and by her in the crystal. Her gaze caught up and out, the mind of the woman took too many glimpses at the uncanny until it saw not in the past-present-future of time, but on a cosmic scale the workings and ministry of the universe itself. Ahani Najwa was relic and priestess of a glorious dawn yet dawning, and if the woman were made to remember this dawning?

How much of the cosmos would crack and break and crumble to the visions she had seen? The Force was an unusually strict Master for the Sith from Byss' glory days. Sanity chased at her heels, broke upon her in lucid moments until those moments banded together too grandly, fought too rightly, felt too much. Then the lingering postures of her lunacy frothed upon her from the bastion of the Force.

The universe wasn't ready yet, to be reborn in the Starmother's fire. Mother of Royal Houses, the face of Ahani still lived on in purebred Echani women of her houses. Somehow the woman had not died, but sustained herself on the pulse of the galaxy itself. She had lingered in a magical immortality Ahani would not give up, nor knew how she came across it. "What is the key, then, Inquisitor. What is the key in your presence of history to keeping Varanin on her borrowed throne? We must find it and hoard it. This Empire holds Varanin as its figurehead but be not mistaken it is not a tyranny. That's our big secret. Hold it close. The universe relies on a series of appearances and cycles. It rolls around again and again and here we are poised to capitalize on those appearances. So!

Everyone: one by one, your deepest desire. The one thing you want most in the universe. Go."

Stephanie Swail

Asterion rolled his eyes at the lecture being given and the evident wealth of history with Shaw now on the scene. As Ahani came nearer with her little taunt, he nodded and mocked an uncomfortable sensation in his back.

”I’ll survive, I think. Certainly the worst ailment I’ve ever had, thanks for your concern.”

He listened as she spoke again, turning to watch her, arms crossed over his chest.

”Was that a question? Deepest desires?”

Eyes holding hers for a moment, thoughts whirring in his mind, he then spoke.

”I guess it would be to finally become the warrior I was born to be – part of a machine that knows how to work efficiently and achieve great things. A defining warrior, with great knowledge. That is what I want.”

[member="Darren Shaw"] [member="Warok the Defiler"] [member="Antera"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Ahani Najwa"]

"Ppppfffffffttttteeeeeeheheheheheheeee lookithislittlefeetscamperaway hhheeeeeeeeheheee" Ahani couldn't help the giggle crawling past her throat. How could anyone help laughing gleefully at an Ewok Shaman who threw itching powder at gigantic warrior Epicanthix then spouted off a couple of words and scampered off? [member="Warok the Defiler"] was going to be the best fun she'd had in months. Sniffing and drying her eyes, Ahani put her hand on [member="Asterion"]'s shoulder and gave it a pat.

"We can be serious now, Darth Cuddlebug is out of the room. Gosh, that Ewok reminds me of a toy I bought my kids when they were toddlers. Teddy Puxrin moved its arms and legs and told stories. Kept Manu entertained for hours. . . guess the only Teddy Puxrins left would be in a museum somewhere. Funny, that." A warrior will. That Ahani could use. "And a warrior you shall be. We shall find you an opponent worthy of your desires for grandeur. And when you best him or her, we will find you another. And another. But first we need a target.

Ideas, people. Who should we hit first? Who is the most damaging to the Empire?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom