Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gorenger Pt.2 (Thayne)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Doreen moved through the warehouse with Matsu, the second part of the building was smaller sure but it also had the most important things. The machines and equipment they used to break down the scrap and debris into manageable parts before putting it itno the smelter and molds. She was going over some of the information while also opening the crates as they were putting some of the armor and models on display. This might not be the best place to open a shop but it would give a good idea to those working how to make the armors look as she saw Matsu presenting some of the equipment and setting it aside. "And this is the other part of what is needed, the machines and equipment to work all of it. The power systems and anything dangerous will be contained and transported away as quickly as it can be but everything else we'll melt down, shape and mold here to reuse and send where you need it."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

This was the side of the operation that could provide much quicker visible results, and the side of things Dallen had hoped to get a look at to report accurately on for the sake of the venture between the Republic and the salvage company. Although the Republic Officer still wanted to see the collection of the scrap and debris itself on scene. "I understand. This is where you'll try to work over the basic metals or damaged components that aren't hazardous like reactors, power cells, or explosives. Anything like the outer hull of a vehicle or the exterior of a droid can be quickly melted down in the furnance and reformed and shaped by your other machines and molds. Do you expect Wookiee craftsmen to be part of the operation to offer their suggestions as to what you can make from your findings?"

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"Yes, I am enjoying some of their input, the wookiees and me are old friends since I was a padawan." Doreen had heard some of the tales and infiltrating an Atrisian slave ring was on the jedi masters body with tattoos and scars. She was one of the more colorful jedi the researcher had met. That she was covered nearly everywhere with Tattoo's and just as many scars she was looking at some of the machines while they were getting most of it set up. Displays and molds for some of the more common things they could make as well as the older ranger bodysuits. "We have some good ideas of items the wookiees can help us create including a way to domesticate some of the creatures on our worlds. The Republic might find some use of the Jun-la, their fast, quiet and can track things from nearly twenty miles."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Friendship with the wookiees was a strong indicator of a strong moral person. After all, wookiee society was quite clear about values of honor and peace. Wookiees who committed murder or used their teeth broke very looked after taboos. So for the most part, to befriend the wookiees on a personal level someone would have to be quite well respected, usually for some feat wookiees would respond to. It left the Republic Commander wondering what it was. "Well then under your recommendation I will look at any files on the Jun-la and follow up on that possibility. Though whether the Republic's relationship with the wookiees is strong enough given the battles in this war that have visited their home is left up to see. To be truthful it would be nice to see the Wookiee's shipwright regain steam since their starfighter line during the second galactic war were quite impressive if records are accurate."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"The wookie shpwrights are strong but when their ships came to bare Kashyyyk burned. A portion of an ancient forest is a lot of homes and a lot of hurt.... but the ship they made was strong." Doreen looked at Matsu as she was working with some of the equipment and the real fun began. Holoemitters were being set up in the room to make a stronger display area. The techniques learned form their astrometrics and holo training suites getting everything they needed. It impressed Doreen when she had seen those since being able to map entire sections of space in real time was helpful for finding things. "One of the other things we are going to work on to improve upon is hardlight technology and projectors. We have our astrometrics and holosuites now we want to get some of it improved. Do you or the republic have any notes on the technique?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

There was no argument or dissent from Dallen on that front, the comments made about what the wookiees went through at the time their most powerful fighter, a piece of art really, was completed, were spot on. The second Galactic Civil War, with the new Confederacy at the time, which Kashyyyk had taken the side of. Still, that was a long time in the past from now, but then again wookiees were long lived so whether enough time was past for the patching of history's pain was debatable. WHat was less debatable was the obvious sophistication of the setup the salvagers had going as holosystems came to life alongside other devices. "Well I'm not too sure on the droid front, but our holodecks on our warships are quite advanced. Taking pages from the bridge's of warship from pre-clone wars periods. Admittedly Rendili Stardrive had a lot to do with that. As to the hardlight, I am again sadly less than informed."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"Hardlight is holograms, we're been experimenting with using them in solid state form which can harm people. The idea is you have a hologram that can work as a weapon." Doreen was looking at her and had a small grin on her face more with it while they were going through the equipment and machinery in the room. "If we can use it right there is a chance you could get tool kits and other things that can be used. Just need to figure on getting it within a containment field." Now Doreen was seeing more of it plus the chances they had going forward with one of the larger machines going into place. "As to the wookie's though if you would like we could find and talk with them. As I understand on the parts that burned they planted trees."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Well that was first time the Republic Officer could remember anyone ever using the term Hardlight in place of hologram. Although if it was just the name the Silver Jedi were using while working toward this weaponized version of theirs then Dallen would hold his remarks over how unnecessary throwing names on well known things was. "You will have to excuse me if I say some of the efforts you're working toward seem a bit implausible. The whole point of a hologram is that it is transparent and non-corporeal, once it becomes a solid it ceases to be the same. As to the wookiees, I am pleased to know they are on the way to recovery, though knowing how tall their trees grow and how long it will take its still sad to know what they have ahead of them. Any help to getting relations favorable would be greatly appreciated of course."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"Perhaps, though without trying you can never know. If it fails I'll have an answer if it works I'll have something different and slightly new." There was humor to her voice as Doreen noted and looking over some of the things they were working on and the rest of the machines were brought in and started getting hooked up. "We'll be working to help the wookiee's rebuild and maybe my friend, maybe if we workk hard enough we'll see the wookiee's once again making ships." Doreen noted more how she was saying it and there was a small look in her bosses face for that. They had been working on several other projects such as setting up some mines for materials and this disposal. There was the other things they had coming to the world and plans.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Truthfully Dallen was more of a fan of what was tried and true than something was a maybe just because it had the potential to be useful, but then again there were plenty of innovators out there. When they succeeded, then he would give them the attention due. It was just the Republic Officer didn't want to see a waste of time and resources on what ifs. At the very least, it was apparent the salvage work and refining process going on around the warehouse here was legitimately working. There would be plenty of uses for this alone one need not truly be concerned with how deeply things went on their other projects. "Seeing the wookiee shipwrights again would certainly be an amazing thing. After all there are few who still construct ships from wood and the wyroshyr trees are by far one of the few as sturdy as durasteel. You could see many amazing designs from them should they ever regain the ability."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"Well then you'll be surprised." Doreen looked at Matsu and the republic officer while she was moving about and presented a datapad with the final machines going online and they had been looking over them. "We have invited them and some of their top engineers to be here when I can't directly be on sight. Trustworthy ones including Rory... the wookiee I helped a long time ago." That was his name Doreen noted or at least the easier name to say then some of the wookiee names. She saw the outside area was set up with seats and some food as Matsu was leading the two of them outside to the meeting place.

Continued in Pt.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom