Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodnight Moon

imageedit_155_2879708185.gif

The complex towered over Zeltros's commercial district. Earlier in the day the skyscraper would've cast a long shadow but the sun had set and now the city was lit with a sea of neon. Like the planet in its entirety, it held a distinct appeal that was hard to quite place, and familiar as she was with big cities Saoirse couldn't help admire the skyline as she moved into the complex.

She lived in the future, lived in a world of big dreams and planning, but Saoirse Flynn liked the simplicity of the here and now. Of normal. The days where she had no agenda to focus on were the days where the overt sense of something about to go wrong left her be and she didn't have things going wrong to worry about, end of story. In the long run, yes, that feeling came back. Things went wrong. The past tried resurfacing. There was always something that she ought to worry about, that if she were anyone else she would worry about. But it was ever so easy to keep on pushing it away.

For now, life was as simple as it ever got for her. She'd just delivered cargo across the Core and despite a rocky journey, she'd pulled the mission off without a hitch, and for a decent paycheck. Now she was on Zeltros to refuel the ship, have a few drinks, spend some money, then leave in the morning and move onto the next.

Even at this time of night, every store overflowed and the hum of crowds layered over every sound. It would've been ideal for any kind of smuggling job, Saoirse had to note silently, not that it made a difference. She did her work out of necessity rather than choice and to her mind it was a decidedly temporary living arrangement--its nature didn't bother her, perhaps, but it certainly wasn't what she had in mind to do for the rest of her life. Besides, tonight was the hours in between worrying about the next job, where--

The comms over the building crackled with static and seconds passed.

One.
Two.
Three-

BOOM

Saoirse had a moment to duck before the air disintegrated into cinders and broken glass.

Perfect. Just perfect.

[member="Nylea Apollodor"]​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwyNqRdiJNs
Perhaps it was time to go back to Monastery.

Back on Naboo Nylea was convinced that whatever she had been looking for, she still did not know what exactly that was, wasn't found in the place she had been calling home. All she had done there after [member='Hazel Zanteres'] had turned on the Lotus and nearly destroyed it entirely was dwell in her living quarters and shut herself out from the galaxy, a spiral downwards she did not want to get caught in. Not that there was much left of the group in the first place, and maybe it had fallen apart completely while she was gone, but that was far from relevant. There had been people in the past who had shoved the metaphorical dagger into the echani's back, but Hazel's betrayal had hurt the most. It all made her reluctant to go back there, even if the best thing to do was to face it head-on. Maybe that was exactly the thing she had been looking for.

It was not the only thing that made her muse the option. The last time she saw [member='Nora Lithos'], her closest friend was as close to death as one got. Nylea didn't even know how she was doing now, and it only fed her feelings of guilt even more. Her past, her failure to keep Hazel from succumbing to the Dark side, not being able to protect Nora, not being there for her when she needed her- she wondered how could she ever forgive herself for everything, but knew that on her own she wouldn't ever do so.

I need to go back. But... I don't have the str-

There weren't many things that could've snapped Nylea back into reality, but a large explosion that caused the ground to shake and debris to fly everywhere was most definitely on that list. In a split second she turned her head towards the loud sound and locked her eyes onto a young boy completely frozen in fear. Her instincts took over as she made a mad dash towards him and picked him up, running towards a safe place as she did. Her heart was pumping but her mind remained focused, running into an alleyway before setting the boy down. "You can hide over there, you'll be safe. I will come get you when this is over, okay?" The zeltron nodded sheepishly while staring at Nylea's right arm, noticing it was bleeding quite profusely. "Thank you, m-miss. Umm, your arm..." A flying piece of glass, she immediately presumed. The pain kicked in only when she looked at it, but controlled breaths helped her remain composed. "I will be fine. Just stay here, okay?"

With a final smile she turned around and went back to where the explosion had happened, bringing her left hand towards the would the moment she had turned the corner to break sight with the boy. As she called upon her Force Healing her hand started softly glowing, something that seemed to remain unnoticed in the chaos of the aftermath. The silver-haired woman's eyes swept across the scene once more, looking for any wounded that needed help.

If this wasn't a sign that it was time to go back to the Lotus, nothing was.

[member="Saoirse Flynn"]

She ducked, throwing her arms over her head in some last ditch attempt at shielding herself. The air shook and Saoirse held her breath as she waited for the ground to still- then a chunk of debris knocked into her side and she hit the concrete surface, swearing loudly.

From here Saoirse couldn't see and she hated it. She was waiting no more than a minute before she got to her feet but hours had passed. The brunette was many things, but patient wasn't one of them. But it was the wrong time for hangups - the second she thought she could stand (not that it was safe to, but that the risks were manageable) Saoirse was in action.

In a manner of speaking, at least.

The first thing she noticed: she'd landed on her arm at a funny angle, and it hurt if she tried to move it. The second thing she noticed: the explosion had sealed in the complex. The third thing she noticed: a lot of people around her in utterly dire condition.

"Everyone stay calm," she called over the din of confusion and pain. "Everyone please- if you're unhurt, please come over here."

"Stay calm?"

"The building just blew up!"

Several complied. Several more simply stared at her like she had three heads.

Saoirse sighed. "Panicking sure as hell won't help either. If you're unhurt, please come over here."

While Nylea had seen harsh environments and had learned to stay calm in them, Hoylin being the biggest example, there were many here who were just civilians. She did not blame them for being in shock, even if it wasn't very helpful to anyone including themselves. There wasn't much to be done at that moment however, there was much to do and standing still was most definitely not one of those things. Eyes scanned around from left to right, taking inventory and seeing if there was anyone in need of immediate attention. With the sheer number of people this was no easy task, but that wouldn't stop her. In the meantime her wound was still bleeding somewhat, but the pain was actively being tuned out. She could deal with it later.

The moment the echani's attention was drawn to a woman getting up, as much as she seemed to be in pain, she heard her speak to the people around telling them to remain calm. Something was much easier said than done, but it was clear she was immediately taking up the reins in helping out the people who needed it. A charismatic figure to be sure, and exactly someone who was needed in this situation. "She's right," Nylea called out as she approached the woman, doing whatever she could to be a beacon of serenity in the Force. Even if most couldn't actively feel it, it would be of at least some help. It wasn't powerful by any means, but it was at least something. If it did anything for just one person, it was worth doing it. "If we stick together we can all make it out in one piece."

A nod was sent the woman's way as Nylea inquisitively looked at her arm, most definitely looking hurt. "I am with the Sacred Lotus, I can handle those in the worst condition with the help of a few people." Chances were most people didn't even remember the Lotus, but it only took one person to recognize the name and it would've been enough. "Do you need me to look at your arm as well?"

[member="Saoirse Flynn"]

Surprise crossed her features as the Echani moved into view, and the brunette was visibly taken aback at the calm this woman projected next to the crowds and chaos. Saoirse had always known how to push distress beneath the surface and act in spite of it, but the stranger's presence was calming out of benevolence and not pragmatism. She rarely crossed paths with that sort of person, and there was strange comfort to it.

"The Sacred Lotus," Saoirse repeated with faint recognition. "Right." It rang a bell, but only faintly--she could connect the dots, though. This woman was one of the good guys. The kind who helped people. "Yeah, I'll do what I can to help, of- of course."

"Oh." Her arm. She was keenly, painfully aware of the injury--able still to function despite it, but a for now hung in her mind unspoken. "Um. I'll be fine to leave it until everything else is less urgent, unless you have something you can use as a sling. But I'll live. We should worry about the people who might not."

She wasn't an altruist. No part of her life was centered around doing good, helping others. But it would be wrong to leave these people to die. Saoirse didn't care about being a good person, but she cared about not being a bad one. And as easy as it would be to count herself lucky she hadn't gotten off worse, find a way out of the building and book it, sometimes blame was unavoidable. Some things her conscience couldn't let slide. This was one.

Nylea was most definitely glad the woman was willing to help, even if she was going to make sure she wouldn't overstress her arm. It wouldn't be of any help to anyone but instead only make the injury worse. Still, the situation called for any bit of help available. "I can look at it properly once everything has cooled down, but for now let me get you that sling." Quickly shedding her jacket, the echani's shirt followed before putting her jacket back on against the cold that started slamming against her body. "Just make sure not to overexert it," she said as she moved up before her and ripped up the shirt in her hands, turning it into a cloth that would do the trick. Carefully moving the arm, making sure not to hurt the woman in process, she put the what once was her shirt in place. "Keep your arm like that." Slowly she pivoted towards her back as she went through the steps. "Nylea."

With the knot tied she took a step back, satisfied with the result. "The fabric isn't the sturdiest, but it's all I had. Hopefully it'll hold up." Without skipping a beat she started moving towards a zeltron male she had eyed before, seemingly unconcious and in dire condition. "Could you give me a bit of space? I will need to focus," Nylea asked the small group of people surrounding the wounded man. "Perhaps you could help other people in the meantime." Without any words or protest they went from their crouched position to standing up straight, moving out of the way to let the echani take a closer look. He was bleeding quite profusely, a wound at his stomach area exposed through tattered clothing turning everything around it a crimson red color. by the looks of it he had been impaled by something, although object that would have caused it seemed to be nowhere in sight. "I could use a hand with this. There needs to be pressure on the wound, otherwise he may bleed out." She looked over her shoulder for a quick moment, hoping the woman would help her out.

In the meantime Nylea herself would sit down at the zeltron's side with her legs crossed, then closing her eyes as her hands would hover above the wound. Shutting out the world around her she focussed soley on her connection to the Force and the one she sought to aid. Slowly her hands started to glow softly as she once more called upon her Force Healing, although it was a much more demanding task this time. Hang in there. I'm here.

[member="Saoirse Flynn"]

[member="Nylea Apollodor"]

"I- thank you." Despite herself, she was surprised at the stranger's charity. And a little speechless. "Saoirse. Nice to meet you."

In a roundabout way, it was. Saoirse only wished it was under better circumstances.

She took her cues from Nylea, following as she saw to the wounded Zeltron. Saoirse was not by any means a healer. What she knew about dealing with injuries, she knew because she'd sustained those injuries and couldn't go anywhere in time to have them looked at, truth be told. But the smuggler could figure out enough of what she didn't know.

After all, was there really a choice?

At the Echani's indication, she put both hands over the man's wound and applied pressure, biting back a grimace. Panicking sure as hell won't help, Saoirse.

"It's going to be okay." She sounded far more convincing than she felt. "She's a healer, she's- it'll be okay."

Trying to distract herself, she shifted her attention Nylea, and her eyes widened at the display of her healing.

"How do you- how're you doing that?"

Saoirse knew what the Force was. But damned if she knew how to use it.

With her eyes closed and her breathing steady, Nylea reached out with her mind to aid her in seeing the wound in a way mere could not. It was almost as if she could feel the pain caused by the wound and that was what she focussed on, enveloping it with the Force. Slowly the wound began to mend, but the amount of energy it took was much more than the echani had anticipated. She was no master and never before had she attempted to heal a wound this severe, as whenever she brought relief as part of the Sacred Lotus she was tasked with the treatment of minor injuries, leaving the more gravely wounded to the more experienced.

Simply stopping to catch her breath was not something Nylea could do, however. Every second mattered and she knew this. Her breath became heavier and faster, but her thoughts remained calm and collected. With her heavy focus on what she was doing, it took some time to process Saoirse's question, leaving a moment of silence to hang inbetween. "It- it's... It's called Force healing. By fo-focussing on..." For a moment it was like the echani had to catch her breath, grimacing for a moment while her eyelids tried to go further shut despite already being closed. "On the wound, I-I can accelerate the natur-natural healing process." Curiously, talking helped her concentration more than it was a distraction. "It, it requires a clear, calm... and s-serene mind."

After what felt like hours, Nylea's hand ceased to glow and she pulled it back, almost collapsing when she opened her eyes. Her breathing had gone from heavy yet steady to ragged and irregular, exhaustion crashing over her like a tidal wave. Giving everything she had left she kept herself steady, taking a look over the man for a moment. "The wound should be less severe now," she said gingerly, "Saoirse, how does it look?" It had not perfectly healed, although the man was no longer so gravely wounded that his life was in danger.

"Is there anyone else in bad shape who needs immediate attention?" The woman slowly got to her feet, taking a moment to stand steady. "There are others who need help, so there is no time to waste."

[member="Saoirse Flynn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom