Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye past, hello future (SJO)

The sound of warning alarms rang out, muffled at first but steadily growing louder. A body stirred, awoken by the by the alarms. Senses were slow to return as the body felt heavy with numbness. Blue eyes flickered open to blurred vision. Heavy hands struggled momentarily to shut off the alarm. Finally the alarm was silenced and the body leaned back in the seat with a sigh.

After a few calming breaths things began to clear for the groggy mind, limbs became less numb and more manageable. Blue eyes looked around trying to figure out where she was at. A ship? Right, her ship. Memories began coming back in small fragments. A great nebula like anomaly with a pirate base hidden at the edge. A battle with the pirates...or were they slavers? Then...an explosion? Things weren't making much sense right now and the last thing she needed was to get into a skirmish with more hostiles. She knew Kashyyyk was close, that much she remembered, and she knew people there that could help.

Gathering herself, Ellie began to ready her ship for the jump to Kashyyyk. The old ship protested some at the start, apparently she wasn't the only one not feeling all that well. Finally life shot through the assault ship as it roared to life. With a sigh of relief, Ellie set the coordinates before jumping to Kashyyyk.

The swirling blue of hyperspace swallowed the ship as it carried it across the vastness of space. The long trip would give Ellie some time to gather her thoughts and piece together what happened. As luck would have it, such rest would have to wait.

Hyperspace proximity alarms began to sound less than an hour after jumping. A massive object was directly ahead. This caught Ellie by surprise as she couldn't be approaching Kashyyyk already. As quickly as she could, she dropped the ship out of hyperspace. The assault ship shook under the strain as it exited the swirling blue of hyperspace. Directly in front of her now was the object that her sensors picked up. A planet of blues and greens filled the entire cockpit window. She recognized the planet as Kashyyyk, how she got here so fast. She had no idea. Maybe her nav computer was messed up.

A faulty nav computer was the least of her worries at the moment. The drop from hyperspace had placed her dangerously close to the planet and her ship was now being pulled in by its gravity. Ellie frantically tried to steer the ship away from the planet, but the old wasn't responding like it should. Creaks and groans echoed through the vessel while small tremors shook the floor. Several systems started to shut down while became sluggish.

Fire rolled up and over the cockpit window as the ship entered atmosphere. Ellie began began to shutdown non essential systems and converting power to flight controls and shields. She needed as much power as possible to keep the old assault ship upright. The flames died away moments before hit a layer of clouds. Groans and shutters of protest wracked the ship, threatening to break it apart. Finally the ship punched through the clouds to reveal a new threat below.

A large facility sat directly in front of her. One that she had never seen or heard of before. There was no time to question its presence as she was closing in fast. Putting more power to the side repulser lifts, she cranked hard on the yoke to pull away from a spire. The ship creaked loudly as it pulled right, barely missing a spire as the vessel roared over the facility.

She might have missed the building, but she couldn't avoid the treetops directly behind it. Ellie diverted most of the ships power to the repulser lifts and put engine power to full reverse. The engines let out a roar and the ship shuddered from the sudden slowdown. The bottom of the vessel began to scrape tree branches before plummeting below the tree line. Ellie pulled up on the yoke to keep the ship from hitting nose first.

With a tremendous thud, the large assault ship slammed into the ground. Momentum carried it forward leaving behind a large trench and debris from the trees and whatever else was in the ships path. The vessel finally came to a stop, let out a groan like a dying beast before settling into the mud. The only sound now from the dead ship was its engines winding down to a stop.

Ellie let out a slow breath before removing her shaking hands from the yoke. This isn't exactly how she expected her day to go. At least she wasn't dead and she was on Kashyyyk, so she had that going for her.

Rupert Kingswood

R
A beacon had appeared in the trees.

The holotable inside of the Ranger Base had popped up with a holomap, a red flashing dot to go along with it. With the mandalorian conflict on Kashyyyk, Corporal Kingswood was hesitant to pick up this call. It could be trap by whoever would be out to get the Silvers at their home base. He took the call anyway.

He geared up appropriately. Not too much armor, but enough to keep him stable incase things hit the fan. Most of his armor plating was off, just leaving a plate carrier on his chest, broadhat for protection against the sun, and his Ranger shorts just because. His trusty, dusty rifle came along with him. He always brought his piece with him. It never left his side, even throughout sleep.

He loaded up on a small transport craft that would transport him to the danger site. 2 other Rangers accompanied him. Soon enough he would come face to face with whatever hand landed in Kashyyyk, friendly or not was to be discovered soon enough.

"2 minutes until arrival!"

Kingswood loaded another magazine into his rifle, pulling the slide back to chamber a fresh round. He clicked his safety on and waited for the landing.

[member="Ellie Ordo"]​

Masaru was taking a run just outside the forest to keep himself busy, so he was a witness to a ship barely missing one of the facilities and ceashing into the trees. Before anything, the mercenary made a call to the ranger base, letting others know what he had saw. He was sure the rangers were already notified, but it never hurt to be sure.

"Masaru Varga here. A unidentified ship has crashed landed near my position. I'm going to check it out, but send backup just in case."

Wearing only a grey tshirt and camouflaged pants with no protective armor, while also only armed with a blaster pistol, the mercenary made his way to the area. He may not have the protection possibly needed if this was a threat, but he's gotten out of situations where he wasn't prepared before. Besides, backup should be on its way if things go bad.

When the ship was in sight Masaru took aim with his blaster and slowly walked towards the assault ship. He needed to make sure this wasn't a threat.

"If you can hear me in there, I suggest you get out of the ship carefully if you can. I have a blaster ready to fire, so don't make any sudden moves."

Considering the circumstance, Masaru didn't think anyone within the ship was a threat. If he heard nothing in the next few seconds, he would investigate the pilot seat quickly in case someone is injured and needs assistance.

[member="Ellie Ordo"] [member="Rupert Kingswood"]

Ellie slowly pushed herself up from the pilots seat. The first few steps were a little forced as she regained her coordination and shook off some of the adrenaline. She was alive and unhurt, save for a few bruises and scrapes. A sigh of relief escaped her as she moved deeper into the ship.

Each step more confident than the last. As she walked, she checked her equipment. Well worn beskar'gam with slight blaster scoring? Check. RSKF-44 heavy blaster pistol? Check. Lightsaber? She pulled the weapon from her belt, the forearm length hilt was bond in worn dark brown leather and housed a dark blue crystal. The blade was an all to familiar feeling in her hand, an extension of herself. Her eyes drifted from the hilt to her reflection on a darkened monitor. A thin scar ran down her left eye, leaving a gray streak through her blue iris. Her slimmed down beskar'gam was scarred, scraped and worn. While a krayt dragon tattoo worked its way up her left forearm. In appearances alone, she really didn't look much like a Jedi.

Ellie turned from her reflection and replaced her lightsaber. Before she could take another step, she felt a small tug in the force, then a voice calling to her from outside. She hesitated for only a moment before heading to the loading ramp. Someone coming to investigate was a given considering she almost crashed into a building on her way down.

With a loud groan, the loading ramp forced itself open with what little power the ship had left. Cautiously she stepped down the ramp to the ground below. The source of the voice didn't take long to find, and as promised, they had a blaster. Ellie raised her hands some and slowly stepped out into the open. She came to a stop a short distance away from the vessel and kept her hands at chest height, trying her best to seem non threatening.

"I'm not here to cause problems. My ship suffered a few malfunctions after getting pulled into the planets gravity well. There's no need for the blaster." Her voice held a distinct Mandalorian accent. While her basic had a sharp edge to it.

[member="Masaru Varga"]
[member="Rupert Kingswood"]

Masaru looked at the girl, taking note of the weapons she had. Just from her equipment and appearance, he could tell the the woman was a fighter. The mercenary could hear her Mandalorian accent as she spoke, smiling at that discovery. A Mandalorian here? That wasn't an everyday occurrence, though he supposed it wasn't an uncommon one either. Masaru decided to trust her, knowing that he would be able to protect himself in a moments notice if she did decide to attack him. Though he didn't believe that the visitor would try anything anyway since someone trying to infiltrate the order would have been very careful in avoiding a situation like this. He put his blaster in its holster before speaking.

"Whats your name? Are you in need of medical assistance? What's your business here on Kashyyyk if any?"

Masaru gestured towards her hands, letting them know that they can relax a bit. He expected the visitor to answer his questions quickly so he could make a decision on what to do. If she was seriously injured, he would take her to a doctor. Otherwise he was sure the Rangers would want to question her. While he was technically apart of their ranks, he never called himself a Ranger. He was a mercenary who mostly did his own thing.

[member="Ellie Ordo"] [member="Rupert Kingswood"]

Rupert Kingswood

R
The transport carrier had reached 10 meters away from the site of the crash. The pilots voice spoke up over the intercom:

"Lowering the door! Go ahead and get off."

The corporal along with the 2 other Rangers accompanying him stepped off and set up a small perimeter. The beacon was still flashing on his holodisplay, north of their position. He signalled this with a slight hand gesture, pointing in the direction that they were supposed head. The group set off into the dense forest to find the objective zone.

Soon, the ship debris started to appear. The smell of fuel grew stronger and stronger as he got closer. Two figures became noticeable. He signalled to stop in their tracks, as they all did abruptly. He heard the figure closest to the crashed ship speak first. He quickly discovered that the figure resembled a womanly figure. She was most likely wearing armor and she had her hands up. He turned his body a little to the left, covered by the foliage that was covering him. There was [member="Masaru Varga"], He had already signalled to the Rangers that he was also going to go discover what was it that crashed landed in Kashyyyk. But how he got there so fast, even faster than the Rangers was unknown. It was a question for a later day. He was holding out the blaster that pointed towards the visitor. Friend or foe, he didn't know quite yet, but if it was a possible friend it would be right to treat the guests like this.

Ellie Ordo said:
"I'm not here to cause problems. My ship suffered a few malfunctions after getting pulled into the planets gravity well. There's no need for the blaster."
He told his Rangers to stay cover as Kingswood slowly backed out of the foliage into the open sunlight. He still had a grip on his rifle, yet it was a lot looser than what it was. He was a lot less tense after knowing something bad wouldn't most likely take place. He slung his rifle over his back as he spoke up to the woman right in front of him, [member="Ellie Ordo"].

"Corporal Kingswood. Antarian Rangers. Silver Jedi Order. Nice to meet you stranger, sorry for our friends somewhat rude intrusion. Are you hurt? I can get a medical team here to assist you. Just say the word."

Before Ellie could speak, another figure appeared from the forest. A man who was, without question, a soldier. This was no surprise to her that there would be more than one person. There was also the possibility that there were more.

"I don't require any medical attention, thank you." She lowered her hands when the men put away their weapons. "My name is Ellie Ordo, I'm a Jedi knight from the temple on Endor. I was tasked with scouting a slaver base not to far from here."

Ellie relaxed a little more as she began to recall events a little more clearly. "I found the base at the edge of a large nebula that played havoc with ship sensors. Unfortunately....the recon didn't go according to plan. I got into a skirmish with the slavers. At some point during the battle there was a massive explosion, I think part of the base detonated, and my ship got caught in the blast and pushed into the nebula. That's the last thing I remember before blacking out."

"When I came to I could scarcely think straight and my ship had suffered some damage. I came to Kashyyyk because I know some people here that would allow me to rest at their home and help fix my ship." Ellie gave a small glanglance at the wreckage of her ship. "But...that didn't go exactly to plan. It appears my ship was more damaged than I thought. My navi computer was damaged and it put my to close to the planets gravity well."

[member="Masaru Varga"]
[member="Rupert Kingswood"]

The mercenary turned slightly as he heard the voice of [member="Rupert Kingswood"], making sure he could see the man. Masaru grunted as the soldier commented on the way he had handled the situation, which was a bit rude once he thought about it. This was the way Masaru handled situations like these though, especially when he didn't know the person who appeared so suddenly on the planet he called his home.

As [member="Ellie Ordo"] answered the questions of both Masaru and Rupert, the mercenary looked towards Rupert and gestured for him to take over from here. Masaru would stay with the soldier and Ellie just in case he was needed for whatever reason, but Rupert probably had a better idea on what to do next and who to take Ellie to rather than him. Besides, the mercenary wasn't good at socializing. If Ellie wanted to talk as they help her out, Rupert would be the better man to talk to.

[member="Rupert Kingswood"] [member="Ellie Ordo"]

Rupert Kingswood

R
He listened intuitively to the woman as they stood there. When she mentioned that she was a Jedi knight, it intrigued him. He knew of other places that might have Jedi, but he had knew met one from Endor, at least in his lifetime anyway. Individual parts of the story made him cringe or had him wondering in some instances.

Her story was interesting to say the least, but the middle of the Kashyyyk forest probably wouldn't be the best place to talk. The woods always gave him the creeps. He signalled back into the bushes where the other 2 Rangers were. He spoke up so that they could hear him. "Signal for evac." He was given a thumbs up from the bush. He turned back [member="Ellie Ordo"], also looking at the wreckage of the ship. He didn't have a plan for that whatsoever. Would it just sit there? Something would eventually come up.

"Evac will be here in a little while. Relax and take breather on the ground. It'll give your feet some rest."

[member="Masaru Varga"]

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Red was one of the two Rangers with [member="Rupert Kingswood"] . He followed Kingswood out of the transport carrier. Red heard [member="Rupert Kingswood"] and [member="Ellie Ordo"] have a quick discussion.

Red stood next to [member="Ellie Ordo"] .

"Can I at least run a quick medical check, ma'am? Often times, when you think you are fine, there might be something wrong. I have medical skills, and my training dictates that I run a medical check over anyone with a chance of being injured."

Ellie gave a nod at [member="Rupert Kingswood"] when he suggested that she sit and take a breather. The adrenaline in her system was beginning to subside. Every sore muscle and bruise was starting to make itself present, along with a sudden tiredness that seemed to reach deep into her core.

She sat down on a log and closed her eyes as she waited for the evac shuttle. Recent events playing over again in her mind as she tried piecing things together. Everything after she woke up made some sense. Accidents with ships aren't a rare thing especially with mechanical malfunctions. The large facility on Kashyyyk was a surprise to say the least, considering she didn't even know the place existed. Unfortunately everything before the accident was a blur. Hopefully it all would return to her eventually.

Her thoughts were broken by one of the rangers who had stepped up beside her. Blue eyes turned up to the man as he asked if he could do a medical scan. Ellie almost turned him down, but decided otherwise. Who knows how long she had been adrift or if she had any internal injuries. "Yeah...sure. Not a bad idea considering what I just went through."

[member="Subject 73 Red"]
[member="Masaru Varga"]

Subject 73 Red

[member="Ellie Ordo"] [member="Rupert Kingswood"] [member="Masaru Varga"]

Red nodded and he knelt down next to her. He pulled a scanner out of his combat pack and activated it. He started running it up and down her body, it scanning her for any injuries. As far as Red could see, she seemed fine, but Red still had to run check.

"Hold your arms out in a T." Red told her, so he could get a better reading on her.

"Does anything hurt when you move?" He asked her.

Ellie held her arms out in a T when [member="Subject 73 Red"] asked her to. She took several deep breaths to slow her breathing and calm her nerves. "No, nothing hurts when I move. I'm somewhat sore, but nothing feels overly painful."

Subject 73 Red

[member="Ellie Ordo"] [member="Rupert Kingswood"] [member="Masaru Varga"]

Red frowned. That was strange. So, nothing hurt when she moved, and she just survived that crash, and she was only somewhat sore. That was... interesting. Definitely interesting.

Red scanned both her arms, and came up with nothing. Red slightly pushed on her arms, testing the muscles and the bones inside to see if they were torn or broken.

"Arms seem good." He said to himself as he continued scanning her. He continued to scan her, slowly moving down to make an accurate reading.

"Do you have any difficult breathing or moving?" Red asked.

Medical exams were something Ellie was used to. She had been in a med bay more times than she'd like to admit. So the tests [member="Subject 73 Red"] ran were nothing new to her.

"No difficulty breathing." She moved her left, bending it at the knee, giving it a quick test. Then she moved to her right leg to test it in the same manner. As she extended her leg at the knee, she felt a sharp pain. Ellie gave a sharp gasp and put a hand under her knee. She had almost forgotten about the previous injury to her knee. The small bacta patches under her knee brace must had slid out of place, and once the adrenaline and extra bacta wore out of her system, the pain set in.

Subject 73 Red

[member="Ellie Ordo"]

Red watched the scene unfold. Hmm, there appeared to be a knee injury, obviously. There it was, Red knew that there had to be something wrong. He examined her right leg. He noticed the knee brace and examined it. So, it was a pre-existing injury, huh? Well, it was still something.

"Pre-existing injury?" Red asked her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom