Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Gone Bush | OPA Dominion of The New Outback Hex

Enlil Enlil Yula Perl Yula Perl Old Man Story

That was accomplished now. New Outback would have its hyperlane and she had a captive market for whatever this cactus juice was. By the sound of it, it was a drug from Tatooine. Which meant that the Hutts would be involved, most likely. Not an idea she particularly liked. But perhaps it could end up being worthwhile if the people here were desperate enough for it.

She pulled out a datapad and ran through her dual-inventory lists- one for what she had to sell and the other for what she needed on the expedition. It wasn't going to be much, since she could chart a hyperlane in her sleep if she wanted. But still, she'd lived enough on the edges of the galaxy to know better than to be unprepared. All she needed was a rough patch of hyperspace and a loss of fuel and she would be trapped in the middle of nowhere, with no way to tell rescuers where she was.

She paused as a clearly hungover man pushed past her, desperate for something. "What's the rush?"

And now that Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron made it to safety, the medical droid that administered her painkiller shots to her leg began scanning the patient's legs to see whether there was some broken bone to mend, under the watchful eye of Kahne Porte Kahne Porte . And administer casts if necessary; while primitive, casts are a stopgap measure to get broken limbs to heal in due time. And, of course, rest was necessary regardless of what additional measures were taken to heal these legs. And kolto patches for any burns that may have resulted from the trip into the now-burned ruins. First aid was often required when performing medvac, and food also - it's often when one is injured or sick that nutrition becomes more important to the patient. Meanwhile, deep in hyperspace, Julie was somehow a little concerned about whether there would even be an ability to come back to the New Outback, which was supposed to be a way station for exploring alternative routes, especially in the wake of the Confederate blockade.

Old Man Story

O
He barely noticed the woman as he barreled through the crowd, but her voice grabbed his attention. Bron was despondent at this point. Something had to give, or he was going to starve.

"I drank more than I should have and overslept," he said, then heaved a sigh. "More importantly, I couldn't find anything to bring back to the boss to pawn off for creds, so I'm looking at a long month without food if I can't score a good haul."

He shook his head. There were minutes between him and judgment day. Minutes! And here he was, talking to some spacer he didn't even know.

"Been a lot of space junk moved through lately, I was hoping to pick up something new and exciting, score a little extra- but, well, I've only got a little bit of money and if I don't manage a nice find, I've got to stretch that for a whole four weeks..."

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

“Are we talking about bare chests or free drinks?” Yula wasn’t sure what to make of Enlil, or the way he spoke. Still, her demeanor remained congenial and curious. Variety was the spice of life after all, right? Taking another swig from her drink, she was reminded that variety could taste a little better.

“Ohh.” She put her drink down, wide grin reflecting her surprise and interest at the change in topic. “You want to join the Judges of the Outer Rim? What for?” Her drawl came out a little patronizing, as if she didn’t quite approve of the Judges, or perhaps didn’t think he had what it took. It wasn’t intentional, but it was her natural tone and she didn’t bother to backpedal or try and correct it.

He appeared capable of more diplomacy than the rest of the Judges put together, which would be a welcome addition.

Enlil Enlil

"Why, all that you intend to provision, friend Yula. Let it not be said that I cannot show gratitude where it is due." The King placed his drink on the table, quite certain that he was finished with it. There was a healthy amount left, but it was better left to someone with an ironclad stomach than he.

When she pressed further about his intent to join up with the Judges, he raised an eyebrow. Did she know something he did not? Or was she apprehensive about the topic and seeking to glean his intent. Was there a mark on her, or a price on her head?

He leaned forward and fixed her with a stern, Ruby gaze.

"When you hear the word Justice," he asked her, "what do you think?"

Enlil folded his hands intently, elbows on the table. His expression was masked behind them, only the bridge of his nose and his gaze visible as he looked at her.

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Yula blinked slowly, and it seemed within that time that the conversation took on a more serious note. The stare he gave her was more intense than she’d expected him to be capable of. Then again, was that a fair judgment to pass on someone she’d just met?

His regal posture hadn’t changed since they’d started talking, but something about his body language suggested that this was no longer the friendly banter she’d opened with. She’d been fixed with many a harsh look, but the Zeltron had a knack for calling bluffs, or at least weighing her options properly. Something was different though, either he was real good or he was not a man who embellished. Yula supposed, in that case, she’d better give him a decent answer in place of a cheeky grin and the old brush-off.

Her lips pursed as she stared thoughtfully down into the dark haze of drink. “I guess I think about bad guys getting what they deserve.” To her surprise, she couldn’t think of anything more artful or deep, but maybe it didn’t need to be. “Slavers and the like, you know.” She gestured widely. “Anyone who tries to take advantage of innocent folk. Justice is what I like to do to ‘em.”

Shrugging, a lopsided grin made its way onto her face. “Or at least, I try to. Doesn’t always work out.”

Enlil Enlil

He pondered her response for a moment. There was a degree of separation between Justice and Retribution, but the two did share a foundation and often went hand in hand. Serving Justice to those who did evil was, at least, a single aspect of it.

"And what of Justice for those who had been done wrong?" he asked her. "Is Justice only for those who do evil? Are we to fixate on vigilance against the wicked and leave to be forgotten those who were wronged, or those who have long awaited something better?"

The King sat back in his seat as she offered up her more soft-hearted, goofy expression and took a deep breath, then exhaled. "Justice sees nothing. Not black or white, good or evil. It has ears to listen, and hears what is. Justice seeks to restore order and balance, to raise up the disenfranchised and cast down those who elevate themselves above others for their own profit."

His lips rose slightly into a half smile. "Justice is who I am. That is why I seek these Judges."

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Yula’s index finger drew circles along the rim of the glass as she listened to Enlil explain his view on justice. His reasoning was thorough, as though he’d spent quite some time working out what justice was. What was it, she wondered, that had such an impact on him to produce this level of passion? That would be too probing of a question, she surmised. At least for this time.

“I guess I only met you halfway on that. Sort of shallow of me, isn’t it?” She returned his smile carefully, expression still cheery but the mischief gone from her eyes and replaced with something more contemplative.

That was only for a moment before, she took a swig of acid, exhaling audibly in pain as it scored down her throat. “Well, you’ve got my endorsement, Enlil.” She stuck out her hand to him to shake on it. “I’ll put in a good word with the other Judges.”

Enlil Enlil

Kahne could breathe a little easier as he and Cathul Thuku Cathul Thuku had gotten Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron out of that situation. The Jedi piloted the shuttle back to the hangar, where he had notified medical personnel which he was sure the information was relayed from the medical evac ship. Kahne was at best, a sub par healer. Small cuts, bruises and the like he could mend but when it came to something more serious as this, she would definitely need a professional when it came to that.

The shuttle docked and he was happy that medical personnel was waiting for them at the port. Kahne stood up and tapped the button to release the landing ramp so they could come aboard. Kahne reached for one of the small canister that contained water as he then moved to the medical bay room to speak with Geal again.

"We've got medical personnel coming aboard. I got you some water." He spoke as he placed the canister next to her. "Is there anything else I can get you, Abaigeal?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom