Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Gone Bush | OPA Dominion of The New Outback Hex

And now that Julie was out there in the vastness of hyperspace, Cathul was simply on patrol, ready to answer distress calls as they happened in the sector. Medvac shuttles were on standby for this reason. While others were busy exploring the New Outback, or trading for exotic merchandise, it appears that molecular toilets and showers were particularly in demand from the area's hospitals, or what passed for a hospital in the area. And, to a lesser extent, medical droids. However, Therapy Command was not a delivery service, and Star Tours was instead one of the freight services she preferred to hire for delivery of their equipment. Yet, this period of quiet was not to last since a distress call has been launched from some planetside ruins ( Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron ) and then a shuttle departed on the double, with some rescue droids that resisted lava-kinds of heat. It would not be long now until the medvac shuttle arrived...

Objective Two: Explore the New Outback. Trying to survive.
Allies: Kahne Porte Kahne Porte | Cathul Thuku Cathul Thuku

She closed her eyes trying to regulate her breathing, and in so doing, it helped focus her mind. The first thing she had to do was ease the pain and stings and little by little it started to dissipate. Her legs were still trapped under the heavy rocks, and she felt the wetness of blood cold against her skin. Her eyes fluttered open as she heard a voice, familiar to her and her whole body relaxed in relief.

Raising her arm, “Kahne?”, she took a moment to breath, letting it out through pursed lips. “I am trapped .. what’s not good?”, a sudden tone change in his voice alerted her that something was up.

Whatever it was, she had to concentrate on the situation here and hope that he or someone else would get to her shortly. Between Cathul Thuku Cathul Thuku 's evac team and Kahne, Abaigeal held hope to a rescue before anything more was to happen.

She felt the vibration through the ground driving up into her back as she lay pinned. There was little she could do but hope that more rock did not come tumbling down on her. Instinct made her fling her arms over her face, dust showered down and covered her in a thick layer making her cough and choke with the contaminated air.

The shirtless blonde brought a dose of measure and experience to Yula’s showmanship, and the young woman who’d joined them appealed to the group’s interest in remaining independent of governing bodies.

Yula flashed the other two a look of appreciation before turning back to the man who’d lead the charge. “On my honor as a Judge.” She nodded simply, a bemused look crossing her face as the man reminisced about cactus juice, which Yula had never heard of. “I can’t say that I have had cactus juice. Soon enough, I won’t have to go all the way to Tatooine to try it.” The Zeltron gave him a toothy smile, suddenly under the impression that cactus juice might be some sort of narcotic. In that case, maybe she had tried it.

“I think that about wraps this up—if no one has any other matters to address, let’s bring it to a vote.” Yula paused, giving time for any interjectors to make themselves known.

“Show of hands then, who’s for the hyperlane and cactus juice?”

The majority of hands—and tentacles went up—to the sound of raucous cheering.

Yula turned to the tattooed man and spacer woman, thoroughly satisfied with the outcome. “Sounds like we’ve earned ourselves a drink. First rounds on me. Name's Yula, by the way.”

Enlil Enlil | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Cathul Thuku Cathul Thuku

There was a glimmer of mirth in the King's eye at the mention of Cactus juice. While he was uncertain of many things about modern day, some things did not change. Just as quickly as he chuckled, the young woman tied things up neatly with a bow. The locals and others intent on settling in to join them were all agreed. Map the Hyperlane, and work together with OPA toward maintaining it.

Well, that part was easy. The woman gave her honor as a Judge, and his interest was piqued. He had yet to face down a judge he could talk to about their "organization," let alone how to join up.

"You must have gotten their attention with the Cactus Juice," he surmised.

In the midst of all their cheering, the King absconded toward the edge of the crowd as the young woman introduced herself as Yula. "A drink! What a fine idea that is." He snapped in the direction of the makeshift cantina, more a streetside dive than anything. Seats were lined up in front of a barkeep, with an overhang to wick away rain.

"I am called Enlil," he told her, "and it is good to meet you, Yula. And you as well," he nodded toward the other woman, Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian , as well.

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Arryn Jhanson

A
Objective Three: Trade & Secure Colony Supplies.
Starship: The "NOMAD" Heavy Freighter.

WkYQuQD.png

There were few times in his life where Arryn Jhanson did anything for more than his own profit, and today while he served to bring vital supplies to the Outback in assistance to the Outer Planets Alliance, Ajay would be lying if he had said he wasn't being paid. His was not a glorious life, not honor-bound or held by any standards of morality or virtues of some great standing Order. His was a life of self-ambitions, desires and the need for credits to further his bad habits and vices, living each day as a means onto the next and never looking back.

Of course, this wasn't to say that Ajay was a heartless man. Frankly the job was paying less than he'd have liked, yet the cause had pulled at his heart strings and the struggles of the people disconnected from the rest of the OPA were naturally able to benefit more from being brought into the fold, where trade would flow and their economy would prosper. Ajay's life-choices, most notably his career (if you could call it that) as a smuggler meant that he also knew the struggle of having empty pockets. Who's to say you couldn't have your pie and eat it too.

"Alliance Control, this is NOMAD. Forwarding transponder codes now. Request landing permissions. Transporting trade supplies destined for the colony on grid three-forty-two charlie nine. Over." Ajay announced their arrival to the Outer Planets Alliance vessel in orbit of the world, awaiting confirmation before they would continue further and begin their descent down unto the world's atmosphere.

Provided the information was correct, his LZ would be the make-shift spaceport. Nothing to the standards of a capital world with vast commerce but enough to get the job done. There he'd have the crew there unload the goods and perhaps move to find a place to drink. Maybe even pick up the next job for whoever was looking for a free-lancer.

Beggers couldn't be choosers nowadays.

Secondary Objective-Trade/Secure supplies
Main Objective-Rescue Master E'ron!
Allies: Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron Cathul Thuku Cathul Thuku
Enemies: Lava! Rubble! Curse you!
(3)

"Oh nothing!" Kahne responded back the tone in his voice rising slightly. as he sprinted up the ramp of his shuttle with Gala gliding along hastily behind him. "Except uh...I think the mountain might be erupting." Kahne strapped himself into the pilots seat as he tapped various buttons on the console. The ship fired up and few seconds later the ship was heading rising out of the spaceport and was speeding towards the location designated by Geal. He could see lava starting to ooze from the mountainside. This wasn't good at all. Kahne was now not only concerned with Abaigeal but now with anyone who resided within the current vicinity.

Kahne tapped some buttons to the side of him as he opted to alert the local leadership about the incident. The Jedi Master wasn't familiar with this area at all,and he hoped that the alert would give them the time they'd need to evacuate, if they needed to do anything of that sort. While it was a ways off, just to be on the safe side.

The Jedi's ship arrived at the location and he could see that another vessel and a medical one it appeared.had already shown up. Droids were descending into the spot marked on the map, and Kahne manuevered his ship so it hovered a little bit higher than the other rescue vessel. Kahne placed the ship on autopilot as he opened the ramp to the ship and made his way back towards the ramp. The wind billowed his cloak around a bit as he moved to the edge of the ramp and peered down and he could see Abaigeal. He was about thirty or more feet above her, but he could see the droids that had descended into the opening of the portion of the mountain began to move rubble aside and such. "I see you Abaigeal, hold on." Kahne wasn't sure what the other vessel had for operations, but he wasn't going to assume anything.

He ran to the cargo hold of his ship to look for something he could toss down to her, and he knew he had some fibra-rope here and the device to lower him down to her. Time was of the essence, Kahne attached the cord to the magnetic bolt and he placed it against the hull of his ship. As he began to lower himself down to her. He wasn't sure how far the droid has gotten, but at least he could go down there and speed up the process.

Objective: SAR
Allies: Kahne Porte Kahne Porte Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron

"I am trapped... what's not good?" Abaigeal asked.

When the medvac shuttle arrived on-site, the second team began to deploy a ramp and droids. At the same time, the shuttle began to use its tractor beam to start clearing the searing rubble at the area where the victim was standing. However, the wind became a factor in using the tractor beam, and it was one of the rare occasions where they could actually use the tractor beam. The Fargodeeps were on order but these were too large for the job at hand, not to mention they were used for tunneling rather than tractoring, while the Ol'Macdonald Specials were not suitable for use on rumbling terrain. This left the medvac shuttle using the tractor beam to clear debris, while a fibra-rope cord was being extended from another craft nearby. Although they were separate efforts, Therapy Command was not going to attempt to sabotage a rescue attempt.

It was not long after she distress call went out, did she hear the sound of engines. Although Kahne had tried his best to keep the news of the mountain erupting to himself, the constant rumbles and tremors were more than enough to tell her. The forest around her went deadly silent, apart from the engines, it was almost deafening. Not one creature stirred or called out. As best she could Abaigeal began to push away from of the debris, when suddenly some of the rubble moved and lifted but not via the force, this was something more mechanical, but she did not care how, she was just pleased it was working.

In a pause, she looked up to see Kahne dangling above her coming down on a rope, through all of this the mountain erupted again, spewing out dust and lava from its peak. It was only just waking up, the more spectacular event was on the horizon soon enough. With the help she was receiving from the tractor beam, Abaigeal was able to move her trapped legs slightly, but it hurt like hell. Then down through the hole in the roof, a droid dropped making her jump out of her skin. A metalic voice told her to relax as the droid injected her with .. well she knew not what. But immediately she could feel the pain in her legs and body easing.

"Help me move the rocks", she asked of the droid, not sure if that request was in its protocol. "Kahne down here!", she yelled as he began to near her. Never was she so pleased to see him.

Enlil Enlil Yula Perl Yula Perl

Perfect. That was business concluded. They'd agreed to the hyperlane and cactus juice, whatever that was. But she made a note of it in her notebook to look into and see where she could get it for a low price. Clearly there was a fairly high demand for it here, or at least there was at the moment. But she had a hold full of other supplies to sell.

Granted, things were a bit full of partying now. Perhaps there was somewhere else, a market or something. That is, until an alarm beeped on her gauntlet. She frowned and activated the holoimage. It was her ship's scans of the planet. The amount of tectonic activity was rapidly growing and atmospheric gas readings were slowly beginning to shift.

Aeshi tied her hair back and pulled up a display of the planet before snagging a local's sleeve and pointing to the holographic image. "Are there volcanoes here?"

"Not active ones, no."

"Are you--" Aeshi never finished the question before the local was swept away into the crowd. She was very concerned.

(4)

She was in a dire situation, more so than he could've imagined. He got closer and closer to her and that was when he could see her more clearly and he heard her yell out for him. He was so thankful that the droids were there to help with this mess. He would have to thank whomever sent them and as well as the med evac shuttle as well. Kahne cleared his throat as he breached the cloud of dirt and dust that had been in the area from the debris and constant shift of the rubble.

Kahne's feet finally touched ground as he landed right next to her. "You ever want to travel in pairs. I can come with you next time." Kahne chuckled lightly, trying to provide some relief among the tense situation. While probably not so appropriate. He was sure she might give him an earful later, or now.

Kahne tied off the rope around his belt just for the time being so he could get her to her feet. "Come one." Kahne said as he gently attempted to move her so he could get her out of there.

She had never been so pleased to see someone in her life, well only once before had she been, but that event ended with horrible consequences. The death of her mother.

It was only now could she relaxed and take in a deep breath out of relief. “By the force I am pleased to see you”, she managed a grin, at his comment. “Next time you are coming with me, I will take you up on that”.

With some effort, Abaigeal managed to get to her feet with Kahne’s help, the droid of Cathul buzzed around her scanning her entirely and administering yet another injection. She was very grateful to Cathul for getting here quickly too and she would remember to buy the girl a drink the next time she sees her.

“Now about this lava, we better get moving”, as soon as she put weight on her left leg pain shot through her body, but she would push through it to get out. There was no time for anything else. “I’ll be okay”, she assured the droid ready to jump to action once more. “And you should get back to the ship as soon as possible too”, medical droids are expensive no doubt and there was no sense in wasting one for her sake.

Abaigeal leaned on Kahne’s shoulder to steady herself. “Only way out is up right?”, she gazed up into the opening he descended into. Once they were out and in the clear, then Abaigeal would be able to thank him properly.

Objective: SAR
Allies: Kahne Porte Kahne Porte Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron

Now that the rescue droid stabilized the patient that was trapped underneath burning debris (Abai) into a condition where it was safe for Kahne to pull the proverbial rope to get Abai to safety, there would be some gratitude to come in due time. Now, Abai is led to think that Cathul was at the controls of the shuttle that used the tractor beam, even though, strictly speaking, that wasn't true. Therapy Command was initially formed for SAR and other medvac missions, but over time it has become a quantity the Sith and First Order (before they broke up into remnant subfactions, at least one of which was absorbed into the NIO) had come to fear in battle. For now, however, the two would need food and drink to properly recover, and especially the person for whom Cathul even dispatched the medvac shuttle. Although Cathul would have preferred to provide her with a proper meal, MRE rations were probably the best she could provide in the immediate.

Yula was glad that at least one of them agreed to a drink—nothing capped off a successful mission like a round of outer rim brews, and company made them all the more enjoyable. Lifting herself onto her tiptoes for a brief moment, she sought to seek out Miss Tillian and give her a nod of thanks.

“Enlil, huh?” The Zeltron slipped onto a seat at the counter, making herself comfortable. “Can’t say I’ve seen you around before. They have shirts where you’re from?” Without prompting, the barkeep approached the pair, a mug in each hand. He wordlessly placed them on the counter in front of them, then went back to pumping the lines.

Yula looked bemused, picking up the mug and eyeing the dark liquid within. “Guess they don’t have very many choices here.” She took a healthy swig of the brew, nearly choking as it cut an acidic path down her throat. Oof.” She coughed, thumping her chest with a fist before bracing herself against the counter with one hand for dramatic effect.

“Hopefully they’ll get some Cactus Juice out here soon.” She mumbled, unsure of what the drink was¸ but imagining it to be far more refreshing than spacer’s hooch.

Enlil Enlil

"It seems this area is as devoid of proper drink as I am of a top," he assessed in response to Yula's question. "And so I must conclude that if I am to stomach this swill in lieu of good wine, I should be allowed to do so without a shirt." He visibly blanched from the smell of whatever fluid had been placed before him to drink. When he dared a sip, his nostrils flared and he let out a sound of disgust.

He looked to the Zeltron, as displeased as he was apparently with their celebratory drink. "I have not been in the sector long," he revealed at last. Several weeks had passed since he put Siskeen behind him, and the OPA had many erratic dealings for him to sort through. Finding somewhere to land was ultimately the most trying task he'd faced in many years."So it is no wonder we have not met before. I hope you are not offended by the hard chest of a man, as I am weary of the convention of covering one's own body. Feel free to join me-"

"Or do not do that, there are children present." A woman chided from nearby. Her look toward Enlil was positively acidic.

"We are born into these bodies, and we die in them. Should we not delight in them and find pride?" He gestured toward Yula. "Ignore the crowd," he told her. "Foolish misconceptions about shame and decency have poisoned hearts and minds. Man, woman, it makes no difference- simply do as you will, and live happily."

The woman sneered and balked as she put distance between herself and the pair.

"If ever you do get the opportunity to try Cactus Juice, it can be quite entertaining," he changed the subject abruptly. "It has hallucinogenic qualities."

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Last edited:

"Good." Kahne said as he was happy that she wasn't hurt any worse, dead. In this day and age the man had grown rather fond of his Jedi companions. As this was one of the parts of his life that he held close to him. Kahne glanced up as the droids made their ascent from the area and he glanced towards Abaigeal and shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess we will find out."
The Jedi mused once again trying to bring light to the current situation. And Kahne tapped the button on the side of the handle as they began to move up just as the lava was starting to seep through. Just in time. he thought as they moved up holding Gael as secure as possible. They made their way up and back aboard the vessel as Kahne helped her to the Medical room of his shuttle. Assisting her to sit down before he moved out of the room. "I'll be right back. Gotta get us out of here."

And to that point the Jedi moved back to the cockpit of his ship and directed the shuttle back to the hangar giving word for medical personnel to meet them their, as he wondered if the medical vessel would follow them, and he needed to thank them properly.

“Join you?” Yula snorted, eyebrows raising in bemusement at how bold the perceived request was. “Usually someone who asks me to take my top off is the one buying me drinks, not the other way around.”

Whatever he was talking about—shame and decency and all that—were similar in line to the philosophies of her people. Yet he was not pink, nor did he have the congenial demeanor of a Zeltron. He held himself differently than your typical spacer, which was part of the reason he’d grabbed Yula’s interest.

“Wait, what?” Lowering her mug of swill to the counter, her face scrunched. “Cactus juice is a drug?” Pausing for a moment, Yula reflected on how the drink appeared to be the driving force behind support for the hyperlane. “You don’t strike me as the type to trip on bad plant juice, Enlil.”

Enlil Enlil

"Some men pay for the finer things in life, and some men are used to them." There was a certain confidence in his words that starkly contrasted the expression he wore when he sipped the Spacer's brew. What an abhorrent flavor, he lamented."Though your gesture of kindness is not unappreciated." Even if the drink itself was.

This woman cut to the heart of things, it seemed. While she was quick with a joke, she was just as quick to surmise that his go in backing the Hyperlane was apart from the favored pastimes of the locals. He gave her another look over, uncertain if he had made too hasty of a judgment.

Yes, perhaps he had.

"A man gains wisdom only through experience," he replied, "but no, I do not regularly indulge. My interests here lie in support of the Hyperlane, in the hopes that word of my aid might reach the Outer Rim Judges and put me in good standing, for the sake of seeking membership."

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Last edited:

She hung onto Kahne for dear life, even though her body ached still. The pain was not as bad as before thanks to the droid and his constant insistence for her to take shots. It would not be until she had had an examination would it reveal if her leg had a break in it or not. It felt like it.

Abaigeal should not have looked down, but she did only to see lava flowing into the ruins that they had all been only moments ago. The heat caressed her skin, and only grew in intensity as the lava knew no bounds or did not heed anything in it's wake. The ruins were gone, completely. All that was left of their existence were her records, and any ghosts of the past were left alone to whisper among themselves. Whoever had once lived here, their history erased.

That was sad, but it was life and it was death.

Once aboard Kahne's ship, it was only now could Abaigeal let out a held breath and with the subsiding of her adrenaline she grew tired. Energy spent trying to survive and call for aid now gave way. After Kahne had gone to get them out, she managed to find her way to the medical bed and lay down. If it had not been for him and Cathul, she would be dead, she owed both of them her life. Abaigeal raised her arm resting it on her forehead in relief.

Potents smiled and grunted at his latest new companion.

“More or less.”

Potentas reminisced about some of his adventures.

“Ever since my master left, I travel from place to place. I was part of a caravan fleet not long ago, turns out jamming signals while great for customs patrols also great for nearly causing issues wound up stalling half the fleet with my ships smuggling counter measures.”

Potentas grinned at his past mistake.

“Usually the best work is on city planets. Nar Shaddar, and the like . Curoscant underworld takes a whole new literal meaning if you can make it there. You can make some good contacts on Tattooine, there’s a great cantina there. I always promised myself I’d go back there and hunt down a Krayt Dragon.”

Potentas brought the conversation back to the present.

“Haven’t been out this way though”

Potentas shrugged.

“Mostly I go where the force takes me, it usually has purpose for me to be wherever it is I am or going.”

Potentas glanced curiously at his new companion.

“What about you what brought you out here? At The New Outback”

Judah Dashiell

Old Man Story

O
"Damn," Bron was late. He was late, and he was empty handed. The scrapper put away one too many drinks the previous night and now, with a spinning head he tripped over himself in a vain effort to get to his boss before the doors opened.

Not that he was going to enjoy what the man had to say. Scrappers who don't bring a decent pull don't get their creds. Life's hard without creds. "Dammit, I need to find something to hand Gorbin or he's going to tan my hide and sell it to make up the difference..."

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom