Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOMM-Ball

[member="Amnell de Portiers"]

Only a little more time until the opening speech would begin, and he had unfortunately not been thinking about his personal guest. Perhaps if she was liquor'd up, it would be easier to handle what was coming, or maybe he should just show her a little attention and stop thinking about credits for five seconds. His formal attire completely fit to him, a little tight, but that was finished. "Officer," he called to a crewman, getting their attention and waiting for them to come over to him. "Yes, Imperator?" "I want a bottle of our finest wine, the most expensive, chilled. The entire bottle... have it sent to miss Portiers. Please, also ask her if she would like something not on the buffet line, we will provide whatever she wishes. Make sure she is comfortable, please."

The Officer agreed and turned to leave the room as Jeron turned to look into the mirror, adjusting the attire at the neck and sinking into deep thought, taking a deep breath.

The crewman arrived to Amnell and handed her a large bottle of wine, "Compliments of the Supreme Imperator, madame. He also says we will make your visit as comfortable as possible, so request anything, and he means anything. If there is not something on the buffet, request it, and it will be made."

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
A entire bottle of wine, hadn't been her plan. Just people watching with a little bit of alcohol had been the plan. Amnell cocked her head to the side seeing the officer approach, bottle of wine in hand. She listened, and gave a nod, accepting it graciously. "Thank you, sir." The rest of his words caught her slightly off-guard. "I appreciate it, truly. I'll keep it in mind. However, for the moment, I'm fine."

Of course there were others in the bar area with her. Neither of which she actually knew or recognized. With a glass of fine wine now in hand, she sighed quietly and took a seat at the bar. Perhaps there'd be some small talk or she'd overhear something intriguing. And maybe if she was lucky she could find someone to share the fine bottle of wine with.

[member="Samael"] | [member="Nicademus Blith"] | [member="Jeron Verity"]

Representing the Jedi Order was new councilman, Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame, who was supposed to be coming alongside his "date", Grandmaster [member="Shmi Labooda"] for this little social outing. Of course, it seemed that the Grandmaster had not arrived just yet, and so the Jedi Master had made his way there on his own, wearing a black suit and black tie. He would shoot a charming smile to passerbys as he sauntered his way through the hall with a swagger and a confidence that one wouldn't expect from a Jedi. But Josh knew how these social gatherings worked... He knew how to play the game, play the part. And he'd learned to play that part well.

He would find himself at the bar, deciding to enjoy himself while he waited for Labooda. And if she ended up not showing? Well, he supposed he could at least enjoy himself, see if he could garner a bit of info...

A woman, [member="Amnell de Portiers"], caught his eye as he sat down, and he would smile toward her as he ordered a drink. "You waiting for someone as well, or just seeing the sights?" He would remark with a light chuckle.

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
She normally didn't engage in such gatherings, this seemed more like [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] cup of tea. However, she decided to partake and investigate this event further. She was one of two representatives from The Jedi Order. Never having been to such an event...she wasn't quite exactly on how to dress.

"The invitation said come formal..." she thought to herself. She stood just outside the doors overthinking what she had on and how it would effect her position as Grandmaster but...she was here already and she didn't want to not be here and not be able to speak up if necessary.

She entered the large room, and looked around. Her head was held low for the fact that she assumed others would stare. For such an event she wore a simple black form fitting dress that didn't expose much of anything, and she let her hair down. That was enough in her mind. Though she noticed her "date" over at the bar...and wasting no time putting the charms on other guest. She laughed silently to herself, she approached, and stood there not announcing herself.

She was truly just waiting for things to start.

Amnell de Portiers

The blonde haired gentleman in a fine suit and tie approached. He might have noticed a strong force presence, but untrained. That was something she'd skipped out on. In her mind, her body was a touch too weak and frail for such training. Though that option might soon be open to her.

"Mmm, me?" She seemed a bit surprised to be noticed at all. "I'm, well I've come to this fine event alone. Truth be told I just prefer the sidelines.
It's not really my kind of party. Too fancy for my tastes. Give me a droid to fix, a little oil on my hands and jeans and I'm happy. All of this?" She lifted a hand and motioned to the room around her, "Is a little much for me." A dress, dancing, formalities, definitely not her. Especially when she was such a simple woman with the most simple of desires. "None the less given the direct invitation, and from who I didn't feel I could refuse."

The brunette then seemed to realized she was rambling a little bit, "Sorry, I tend to ramble on. My name's Amnell. Amnell de Portiers." The girl then reached out to shake his hand. "And you are?"

Her attention fell upon Shmi. "This wouldn't happen to be the date you're waiting on, would it?" Amnell was smiling brightly a bit amused for the moment.

[member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

[member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Jon Jon Nemo"] | [member=Samael] | [member="Darth Pikiran"] | [member="Alicia Drey"] | [member="Nicademus Blith"] | [member="Amnell de Portiers"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The time had come, it seemed. The party was nearing its late point, and he knew he needed to get things going... he couldn't wait any longer. "Who else has arrived, Officer?" Jeron asked, looking at the officer guarding the door in the reflection of the mirror he was staring at as he made sure his dress attire was at its peak. "It seems the Jedi Order were the last to arrive, one of them registered as their major Delegate." This made Jeron smile a little, honestly he knew it would be intensively hard to get any major organization to take him seriously, but the Jedi Order always had admirable qualities. "Good, I'll be heading out soon. Do another security sweep to ensure our guests safety." he said as he turned around, "It's time to... as they say... get this show on the road, yes?" He grinned equally with his crewman as they both understood the gesture. The Officer opened the door and held it for Jeron, "After you, Imperator. Good luck, we're counting on you." Jeron gave him a nod and continued through the door, he was in the room behind the stage, and all that was needed now was to climb up onto said stage.

A tone suddenly sounded as Jeron slowly took to the center of the stage; it was low enough not to be a negative sound, just an attention getter. But it was loud enough to be heard over the conversations being held.
Sounding tone, ending the band music

Custom tailored, expensive as hell, and maybe a little over-dressed, Jeron wanted to impress... or as the old name would give rise to... Galvanize the audience.
df150d82bc796a78308451904547fe66.jpg

Jeron, as nervous as ever, was walking out onto the stage with his 'new face,' but it was more like an old face. He was exposing himself again, and back then it destroyed everyone he loved. Here's hoping it would end better, if it had to end... "Greetings everyone, first off, I'd like to thank everyone who attended this event this evening. As you can imagine, little military groups don't get much attention, or are taken seriously in the tactical game of 'who controls this planet,'" he said as a horrible joke, the obvious anxiety showing. It was less being nervous as more of being afraid of what the future held, and he wanted to make the best of it. "For some of you... this be the first time you've ever met me. For the rest of you who have met me, you may be confused by my appearance, in more ways than one. Allow me, please, to first speak upon why I asked you all here, and then... I shall explain myself."

Jeron took a deep breath and clasped his hands together so they wouldn't be all over the place and he could worry about less, taking the audience in for a moment. "GOMM. Galactic Overwatch of Military Minarchy. A bold sounding name, maybe threatening. Not in the aspect that we have weapons and you should fear us, but because of how it sounds, its potential. It doesn't sound as calm and friendly as the Jedi Order. Even though, respectively, the Jedi have always given off an intimidation that shows when they protect someone. It is true, GOMM has an Imperial background, in fact... it has deeply rooted Republic values. My people and I, we want nothing more than to assist you, in any way we can. You see, as the banner suggests, we are the Galactic Guard. We do not hold our own territories, instead we protect others. We protect the innocents from tyranny and cruelty, those who wish to tear down our civilities and moral codes, and replace them with obedience and control. GOMM is becoming very powerful, in fact in the next few months, more Company openings will allow for far better ship production, in quality... and quantity. And I will be able to have these ships manned, by a clone army I plan to create to protect every innocent soul that accepts our aid. We are the taskforce that lives next door, we are the shield when you are caught afar, I want GOMM to... I want it to stop the pain and anguish the galaxy has gone through for ...an amount of time that is so staggering. As far back as one can study, the Rakata first tried to enslave us. In another time, the Sith tried to dominate every world in the galaxy and incite their ultimate rule. Then... the Galactic Empire, almost having its way, before the plague eventually came into play by a terrorist. So what I am asking, is alliances, agreements, contracts and the like, to ensure our friendship. Make no mistake, I am not to replace your armies, nor am I the icon for your people. We are the reinforcement to every campaign you hold. In defense, or offense, to push the enemy back. To the company owners here, I request cooperation with GOMM Industrial to support each others growth and expansion, To work together in this times, instead of resorting to competition like barbarians. To the factions and organizations, allow us to work together to help protect those we care about. While you are off fighting the war on the front, preventing the enemy from reaching your home, allow GOMM to reinforce their safety, and eliminate your worries about any possibilities of family or friends suddenly suffering."

Jeron exhaled, taking a moment as he closed his eyes as he finished his major part of his speech, but now for the scary part of all this. "Now, if I may hold your attention once more. The reason why I look so different. Please, do not be afraid as I tell you a story of agony, war, and a lifetime you could barely imagine. I am, what many have called, an Energy Vampire. I have been alive... for several, several millennia. I stay strong through feeding on the life force of others. Although I have rarely done it since the Old Republic days, causing me to be very weak, I still do it." Jeron swallowed his pride, getting a little emotional as he gasped for a moment. "My first official appearance was in the Republic, during the Clone Wars. Since then I was always under the guise of a Human, which continued into the transition of the Galactic Empire. During my time in the Galactic Empire, I lost my entire family, due to the threats and pain by a Sith Lord that wished to turn me into a weapon. But make no mistake, it was I..." Jeron looked down for a moment, before looking back up to his audience, "I killed them. I killed many Rebels, I devastated many Rebel bases, mostly from my safe position on my flagship, amongst the fleets I commanded all for my supposed Sith Lord Master. It was all a complicated situation. At first I was tricked into doing things, then my family were held accountable for my actions, until in the end... I accepted the orders to take them out. But this is no sob story, this is not to garner your affection, admiration, or sympathy. Today, is the start of a new day. And I wanted my potential friends and allies to know that I am not a dishonest man, and I can be trusted. It is because of my past that I can... No longer endure the suffering, that it must end! I apologize, please forgive me. Please understand that everyone I have today I have earned over my lifetime, and it wasn't good dealings that brought me here. After the plague struck and the Empire was falling, contact was lost with that witch, and I was forbidden to leave the headquarters I was stationed at until I was contacted. The men under my command, took to my allegiance after there were no one else to force them to commit murder, not because I made them, but because I told them, everything. And they trusted me. They, in fact, were also fighting, convinced by propaganda that they, too, were protecting their families from terrorists. Lied to, and forced to kill innocents that fought against the tyranny."

He allowed for a silence to occur as everyone let what just happened sink in. After a little while passed, Jeron took another breath that rippled through his body and he wiped his forehead. "The floor is now open to questions."

Weapons?

As a trained litigator, the Otollo Gungan was adept at maintaining a neutral facade even when surprised. He'd wondered if the lady before him might be an heiress. Instead, it appeared 'god of war' might be a more apt title.

To what, then, was she referring? The Gran Gungan Army that had supported the One Sith in opposition to the droid armies of the Techno Union? The so-called Gungan Spring? The rebellion invited by the Galactic Alliance? The Gungan people had become pawns in any number of political schemes across the map. "Meesa have no doubt that they were put to good use," the lawyer offered, a non-committal statement that allowed him to nonetheless demonstrate a thankful attitude as he bowed his head in respect to her gesture and concern.

Straightening back up, the Gungan added merely, "But meesa fears the issues facing the Gungans of Naboo is more complex than can be resolved through weapons alone."

Indeed, Jon Jon Nemo was a Gungan who had fared well under the Techno Union. As the President of Corell Financial, he was in charge of a very lucrative investment firm on Druckenwell. Adept at navigating corporate law, he'd found a place as general counsel to the Corellia Digital which secured him a place as the Chief Financial Officer of one of the fastest growing technology companies in the industry. Rebellion only stood in the way of what could enormous economic progress for the Gungan people.

Laws, regulations, policies... these, too, could be wielded as weapons. And were vastly more effective in combating a bureaucratic force such as the Techno Union. But, no one ever listened to the lawyer.

Speaking of bureaucracies, it appeared that their host had emerged to address the crowd. A lengthy speech, full of revelations and insight into the Minarchy.

If nothing else, the Gungan was going to have an interesting conversation with [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] as soon as he returned to Druckenwell.

[member="Elaine Thul"]​

He had - actually it was one of the reasons he had approached. He was a curious one, always had been. He pondered just who this woman could possibly be. Her force presence was untrained, and clearly not attuned to a particular side as of yet. He had to wonder just what was her dear, who was she? Where was [member="Amnell de Portiers"] from? He would figure it out in time, but all he knew was that the woman had piqued his interest in some way, shape or form.

Still, the Jedi couldn't help but laugh heartily at her opening remarks. "These parties aren't my thing, but they do provide interesting conversation, and sometimes even more interesting information" He would admit with a warm, charming smile. "And of course, the ravishing one has a name. Charmed to meet you, dear" He would speak with an amused tone as she introduced herself. "Joshua DragonsFlame" He would introduce as he would reach over and shake her hand. "Easier to just call me Josh. A pleasure, once again" He would greet.

When she would point out the woman behind them, he would peer over curiously, and a smile crossed his lips as he finally found [member="Shmi Labooda"], his "date" for the evening.

"Actually, she is" He spoke with another laugh. "Shmi, I was starting to think you weren't going to show up" He joked cheekily as he would motion her over to the seat to his left. Though he would look her in the eyes behind his charming mask, mouthing "Senses. Use your senses" as well, to indicate to her his ideas.

And just like that, the festivities had begun. A man would appear, talking about the goals of his faction, and being an... Energy Vampire, did he say? An eyebrow raised on that. He wouldn't judge... But he would admit he couldn't help but feel a little wary. Being a former "weapon" to the Sith... And having ties on both sides as far back as the days of the Old Republic... He didn't know what to think.

(Oh my god I just realized the ball's title sounds like "Gumball")

[member="Jon Jon Nemo"] [member="Jon Jon Nemo"]

She instantly realised the gun gan did know she was an arms dealer, though she was trying to make weapons just for good guys of course. Then he made a remark about weapons alone will not help the gungan people, she nodded in agreement and replied True, but it will help defend their homes for a while. Though the techno union, is losing its grasp on power. After that I am sure my colleagues in the Galactic Alliance will help rebuild your homeworld, and help stop any future empire from taking it. Though you are right weapons are only a short term fix, but it does help. Then as she finished the man who organised this ball, came on to a platform, and gave a speech. You listened intently he had confessed his sins, and said he wants to make amends, well she was not one to judge, she she decide to applaud him instead.

She then whispered to gungan, ​He is not bad a speechcraft is he, and have look at my stall later. See if there anything use wish me to smuggle on to naboo, and try and make it happen. She carried on looking at their host, after all he had organised the event.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell smiled brightly, and chuckled lightly in amusement. "Oh, aren't you just the charmer?" He was flirtatious and sweet. And she, well she seemed to be in a better mood now. A little less anxious and coming to possibly be a little more relaxed in the foreign environment. Something she certainly didn't mind. "You have a point, interesting conversations indeed and unexpected people."

"The pleasure is mine, Josh."

She gave a nod to Shmi. "I suppose I should let you get back to your date then, and I'll get back to my wine." Still quite cheerful as she raised her glass to her lips.

And like that an unfamiliar face appeared but the words quite familiar. Now some things were starting to make a bit more sense to her. Shock couldn't be helped at this point. An energy vampire, a weapon for a Sith Master, and his age, no one could have expected that. She certainly hadn't when she met him. Then again, even meeting him had been by chance, by luck. Though, it had all worked out rather nicely for her. Amnell did have the opportunity for a better, longer life thanks to him. Now she understood exactly where that knowledge had come from. The pieces were falling neatly into place for sure.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom