Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Golomancy

M977SXg.png

"A golem body for Chaos and Serenity?"

He hummed in thought. Two minds as it were controlling one body wasn't usually a good idea. There were some species that could handle it, but they weren't as much two different beings as they were symbiotes in unison. He continued on the inner frame, now tracing more complex runes along it. Ones that he did explain. Control, guidance, shield, resistance, even more to make it all run as they'd designed, but certainly more complex to keep the movements capable and eased.

"We can't make many like hat, if we even do. Forming that level of bond with Kyber just to put them in a golem wouldn't be letting the Kyber really choose for themselves. Your mother and I have our Kyber already, our lightsabers. If we happen to find ourselves with another each, then we shall. But I will not be looking for more Kyber to bond to me specifically."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I know, and you shouldn't bond with more Kybers just to throw them into Golems. But Chaos and Serenity are different, right? They're kind of like you and Mom are."
She was grinning now, knowing just how defensive her Mom could get over Chaos' behavior. The familiar was, after all, particularly chaotic and quick to jump on top of poor Serenity.

Though, Mom was all over Dad too sometimes...

Vera shuddered at the thought.

"Is the bond ever difficult?" Vera asked all of a sudden, while she helped him with more runes. Seeing the combination of his golden runes and her purple ones made her feel incredibly warm inside her heart. This really was their project. "I have a really strong bond with you and Mom. Also with Aris, even though he can't feel it. So, I know it can be hard, but you and Mom..." she looked up at her father and tilted her head curiously.

"Have you ever wished that there wasn't a Dyad?" Vera asked, for more reasons than one.

M977SXg.png

"Once, in a moment of weakness, I had. When I had left her to face my father, finally sever myself from his ties and be free. I had wished for our bond to be severed because I did not know if it would end well. I was afraid of what I could do to her through it if I was taken over. What Carnifex would do. It was a foolish thought to have, though."

He paused his work just to reach over and lift up his caf, take another sip as he looked at the mug. It was made by her, Vera, their first child. The one he didn't know about until he had come back. His little star.

"She is my best friend and a part of me in such a way that I could never dream of. I wouldn't trade this for anything."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Wow.

Vera looked up at her father and tilted her head just a little while he sipped from his caf. Then, she just smiled and stepped a little closer to hug him. She knew how close her parents were, of course. How close the entire family was. But they usually just showed it with their actions and with how much time they spent together.

It was heart-warming to hear him talk about Mom like that, while he enjoyed caf from the cup she made him.

"That's really sweet, Dad," Vera finally said. "If Mom heard you gushing about her like that, she wouldn't shut up about it, though." Vera snickered and stepped back towards the table. Every Noble knew how much Mom loved to talk about her family and how amazing they were. And how emotional she got when her family spoke of her with love and affection.

It was silly but cute.

"I also asked because I'm struggling a little with bonds."

M977SXg.png

"Oh she heard me. And she is."

That's what their dyad meant, after all. They were aware of one another, almost always. And he made sure Valery was very aware of what he was saying and sharing with Vera. Both because he thought it was important she knew, and because he wanted to feel the embarrassment he knew it would bring. Something he'd keep to himself of course. Vera didn't need to know everything about their relationship, after all.

Though he did raise a brow as he glanced down to his little star. Midsip he almost choked, even. He cleared his throat as he set down the mug.

".. And who are you trying to form a bond with, little star?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Valery was, very much, aware of everything and plopped down on the couch, heart fluttering and her cheeks red. He always had his way of making her feel like that, and she wasn't able to hide it. Vera, however, just blinked and shook her head. She didn't want to think about what was going on in that bond of theirs at all.

They were very romantic in public, so she could only imagine what they were like in-

Nope, she wasn't going there.

Then he choked all of a sudden, and Vera blinked with clear surprise in her eyes. The question that followed was laced with fatherly protectiveness. As if he was already grabbing his gun and getting ready to shoot someone.

"Dad!" She yelled. "Not like that, oh my gosh." She grumbled and pouted a little. "I meant you. And Mom, and Aris and the triplets. My bond with all of you is very strong and the visions have been getting really intense lately. Especially since Onderon. Sometimes... I just wish I could turn it off for a little while."

M977SXg.png

"Oh. Okay yeah no that's fine."

He didn't hide his relief. Bonds were exceedingly personal things, and he wasn't sure how he felt with Vera trying to make her own with others. Maybe he was overthinking it, but the most powerful bond he had was the one he shared with Valery. Maybe he was being too overprotective.

That wasn't going to change, though.

His relief softened, though as she spoke about Onderon. He reached out to gently touch her shoulder. "I understand. We could get you a Ysalamir as a pet, if you'd like. The bubble they create could give you some relief. It is important to take time for yourself, after all."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Really, Dad?"
Vera shook her head and sighed. At times, there were people she liked, but she had no interest in anything that warranted him getting this defensive. She was just making friends and strengthening the bonds with her family. Bonds that were now haunting her late at night far more than she could handle.

And she was already better at it than before.

"That feels like cheating. Shouldn't we confront our problems and fears? Figure out ways to overcome them? That just feels like I'm making myself blind to problems that are still there." She pouted and drew in a deeper breath.

"I also don't want another pet. It'll make Fuzzy jealous."

M977SXg.png

"Oh it is cheating. At the end of the day, you'll have to learn how to manage those bonds, those visions, and how they affect you." This time his hand fell on her head, ruffling her hair as he smiled. "Sometimes, though, it's okay to cheat and let yourself relax. Sometimes you need time to yourself. Don't overlook how important it is to step away and breathe."

He paused though.

"Mm that's true, we don't want Fuzzy jealous. Perhaps Voidstone?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Vera grumbled under her breath when he ruffled her hair and messed it up again. She squinted and brought her own hands up to fix it just a little again, "I don't know how I feel about it. Something like that doesn't just block the visions. I won't feel the Force at all anymore and I've never experienced that." Void stone was a little different, in that it didn't fully negate the Force like Ysalamiri did. But she assumed they'd use enough to suppress about anything.

She also wasn't quite strong enough to resist and push through.

Vera sighed, "I don't know why, it just feels weird." Whether it was fear of trying it, or pride stopping her from wanting an easy way out, she just wanted to tackle this problem head-on like she always did.

"And what if I miss a vision that could save someone's life?"

M977SXg.png

"I'll ask you the opposite. What happens if you have a vision when you're already too exhausted and burnt out from everything else? What happens when your exhaustion leads to a mistake?" It would. It always did. He didn't want to speak too harshly, but he wasn't going to hide the reality from her. She was a Padawan now, there were going to be some realities she was going to have to face.

"Take time for yourself, so you can make sure you're able to help others at your best."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Fine,"
she said with an obvious hint of Noble stubbornness in her voice. She didn't like the idea of having to essentially knock her force sensitivity out just to be able to relax. At the same time, it did motivate her to work even harder. One day, she'd be able to control the visions well enough to never be so overwhelmed anymore. Not unless they showed some very disturbing future. Like the one she had seen on Onderon.

A vision she still hadn't shared with her parents.

"Maybe I need to take a short break, too. Do you think Aris would want to come with me?" He wanted to learn more about being a kid and socializing, right? What better way, than to take a small break from Jedi duty to just do fun things? After Onderon and the invasion of the Core, they both needed it.

M977SXg.png

"I think he'd love to."

Kahlil chuckled as he watched her. It wasn't too surprising she was being stubborn about it. That was very much her mother, after all. He wasn't going to say as much, but he was certain Valery had felt that thought from their bond. That was a good enough plan for her to at least find some way to relax. For now, though, he looked back to the core they'd made so far.

It was a good shape.

"Shall we start the plating?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Valery had felt that

Even from millions of miles away, he'd hopefully feel her gaze burning into his soul through their bond. Vera, however, was oblivious to the endless game between her parents and stubbornly moved on. For now. She still wasn't sure if she'd really want to try bringing void stone to her room. Maybe a break to spend time with Aris and her other siblings would be enough to make her feel better.

For now though, Golems.

"Yeah! I was thinking we imprint the outer plating with more runes. Some of them yours, others mine. I want to give it ways to shield and protect others, since it has no weapons." It could probably stomp on people but that was very much lethal, and she preferred more defensive options.

Even if Sith deserved to get stomped, as far as she was concerned.

M977SXg.png

"Then we'll make sure it can provide as much protection as possible."

The plates he'd already set up himself, for the most part. He'd be able to shape them properly with the Force, but so too could the Kyber that would be housed within. Malleable, but also hardened for defense. That he'd made himself. Maybe one day he'd show her, but right now the were focused on the runes. He pulled out an etching tool, similarly imbued with the Force, to hand over to her.

"I'll shape it, you mark the runes, sound good?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"I have some ideas in mind for its outer runes."
Vera smiled not just proudly, but somewhat smugly as well. Her Dad could do all of the shaping of the Golem, which was quite complex and largely beyond her level of skill. Especially with what he had in mind for it. But Vera had been extensively studying her runes and practicing them, not just for her own use, but also to be able to etch them into the golems.

First, Shield — not just for its own protection, but so it could shield others. This Golem needed to be a sanctuary. A guard that could shield the bodies and minds of all Jedi around it.

But it needed something to handle threats as well.

Vera pulled out her notebook now and carefully began to copy a rune she had designed herself. She wasn't sure if her Dad had ever made a rune for this ability, but she hoped he'd be proud. This rune would allow the Golem to manipulate gravity, the same way she and her father could without runes.

But would it work?

"Well? What do you think, Dad?" Vera asked with a smile. "I've learned runes from you but I picked up another skill you use and figured I could maybe build a rune around it."

M977SXg.png

Gravity.

Kahlil blinked in surprise at the runes she created. It was a sequence to produce the effect, not a whole new rune, but a sequence to get the effect she wanted. It was impressive. Beyond impressive, for her to make her own like that without his input. "I think it's a great idea. They could use them to make themselves lighter, since clay and metal tend to be heavier. And vise versa, as they need. .. Good job, Vera."

He reached out to pat her shoulder, not ruffle her hair. Just to show how proud he truly was.

"These look like they'll work perfectly."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Really? You think they will work like this?"
She was beaming a smile that couldn't possibly fade away. Manipulating gravity was a very unique skill bet father had, and she felt immensely proud that she had been able to replicate it at all. She had a long way to go with it, but already she had found one very good use for it.

These golems would thrive, being able to manipulate their own weight to move around better. They would also be able to use it to pin down threats and keep them from harming others.

Yeah, this was worth being proud about!

"I've figured out how to use gravity manipulation without runes, too. It's very hard but I want to get better with it. Just like you, Dad." She grinned and seemed appreciative that he didn't mess up her hair this time.

"What kind of runes are you using? Can you show me?"

M977SXg.png

"I do."

They could eventually simplify it, he figured, into a single rune, but that would be it's own experience for her to have. And one they'd have to explore another time. Right now they were still building the golem. He motioned to one of the runes as he explained them. Essentially, the different runes added to the mobility and sturdiness of the metal, all so they could freely run about. They wouldn't be rigid or jittery as they moved, but organic. As organic as clay and metal could be, anyway.

Or really how organic the kyber chose to be.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Runes really can do anything, huh?"
Vera grinned and watched closely while her father worked on some more complex runes. She did try to help and re-create some of what he was doing, but it wasn't an easy task without having practiced them. It just made Dad all the more amazing to her, and she wanted to be just like him.

One day, she would be the rune expert!

"Could we use these mobility runes when you and Mom eventually get old?" Vera teased with a proper Noble smirk. "Maybe it'll help you two walk around." Not that she expected her parents to be that old anytime soon. They were so strong and looked so young!

But she loved to tease.

"Are there some runes you struggle with? Or runes you can't do at all?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom