Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Golomancy

M977SXg.png

"They have many uses, but I wouldn't say they are capable of everything." Like everything else, they had their limits. Then he chuckled. "I have some already that I use. I'm in no means old or feeble, but the Dark had taken it's tole on me. I need them, at times, to ensure I fight at my strongest." There were just some things he couldn't do alone, after all.

"It's writing a language. You have to learn it, but once you do it's fairly easy. But there are some I don't use. These are based on the Sith, after all."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Well, I have yet to see anything they can't do, so..."
Vera grinned and convinced herself that they, in fact, could do anything. Which meant she had a lot to learn if she wanted to be as proficient with them as her Dad. "Really?" Vera then asked when he mentioned his use of them in certain situations. "I always thought you and Mom could handle anything, and when you can't, you draw from that bond you have."

Every Noble was aware of their Dyad. Sometimes, it was scary — especially when she caused trouble and one of them found out and instantly alerted the other.

"What do the Sith use runes for?" Vera then asked. "I won't try anything but I just... want to know."

M977SXg.png

"That's.. Too broad a question, really. They use them for anything they can. Dark rituals, average abilities, anything I can do myself they can as well. Even more so, at that, since they're not limited by trying to move with the flow of the Force."

In a way, that was their greatest strength. By defying the Force they could make anything happen. His runes moved with the flow, guiding it to a desired result. Sith runes were dangerous simply for that reason.

"The Dyad isn't unlimited power, little star. We can't completely use it to always be strong."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"They might be able to do more, but bending the Force against its natural will is never going to work in their favor. They will always fail."
Vera nodded to herself and turned her eyes down to the runes. She had to believe that was true. That in the end, the Sith and their methods could not prevail, even if the Jedi suffered their losses. History was a cyclical thing, but for a very long time now, the Jedi hadn't fallen.

They couldn't.

"I know, but sometimes it feels like it is. I've seen you and Mom fight together or even just fight each other. It's... something very special." Vera offered her Dad a smile and let out a soft breath. They were making good progress on this first golem, but there was still a lot to do.

"I don't have special bonds and I'm not as good at runes yet, but I'll learn. I also want to practice the gravity manipulation with you. I figured some things out on my own, but I couldn't even stop one person with it. Granted, it was Aris, but..." she pouted. That should have been her moment.

M977SXg.png

"Aris is a special case. I wouldn't think your skills are lacking just because you couldn't bring him down."

Even being able to just slow him was more than he'd thought she'd be able to do. She was a lot stronger than she gave herself credit for, she was just using the wrong kind of scale to gauge it. "What else have you used that on, little star? What have you been practicing with?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"I will bring him down."
Vera had set her mind to it already, and she wasn't going to stop until she managed it. However, she did know the gravity manipulation wasn't really enough to bring Mom down either, and Aris was much like Mom. Strong and especially fast, which meant she had little time to try and pin him down.

Maybe she needed to combine it with runes somehow?

"I've just practiced by throwing stuff and then pinning it down," she said with an innocent smile, but hearing her own voice, she knew how terrible she was at lying to her Dad.

"...and Fuzzy." Vera smiled sheepishly. "Don't worry, though! Fuzzy is okay with it! He told me as much."

M977SXg.png

Kahlil squinted.

".. Even if he's told you as much, you shouldn't use it on others before you've learned how to properly control it. If you don't, you can really hurt someone." In permanent ways, no less. The last thing he wanted was for her to do as much. It was a lot of power to be put in her hands. He frowned in thought. He'd have to make sure she was learning it well enough, later.

Golem first. He looked down to the finished chassis for it at least, nodding once. It was large now, taller than him.

"You sure you want it to be this big?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Vera squinted right back.

"I can control it enough and nothing bad happened to Fuzzy. He likes helping me," Vera said stubbornly, but she did understand where her father was coming from. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt her Racyon friend. Especially now, when making friends had felt harder than ever before, Vera found a lot of comfort and joy from having him around.

Maybe she needed to just let him watch.

"It has to be big, Dad!" Vera said with a giggle. "It can't stomp- I mean, it can't protect a whole Temple if it's not. And it's good practice for us." Vera looked down at what they had already. Not even the entire body and it was already taller than both of them. It was their project.

"I can't wait until we get to show Mom and Aris."

M977SXg.png

"It's not a matter of what you can control now, it's a matter of how much stronger you can get."

That was always the biggest worry. His gaze fell back on the Golem, watching it for a moment. Studying it over to ensure it was all in one piece, that the runes they had made weren't going to contradict one another before they continued on with the process.

"We'll show them soon, that's for sure." He grinned. "I think they'll like it."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Vera paused and looked up at her Dad, "Do you think I can get a lot stronger?" she asked him, not so he could be all fatherly and tell her she'd be the best at anything she wanted to be. No, she wanted an honest answer from her Dad. There was nobody's word she trusted more than his and Mom's, and she had always felt a particularly strong connection to him.

He'd know.

"I've always felt like I don't have a very strong connection to the Force. Well, except for the visions, but sometimes those are more a curse than they are a blessing." She let out a soft chuckle and looked the runes over as well.

"But I won't let it stop me. I want to help people, like you and Mom."

M977SXg.png

"I think anyone can get stronger. But I also think it's up to you if you want to, or not."

Kahlil traced out a rune in the air. Light, which started to glow as it was intended to. "Making these runes, learning how to use them, it's not just a matter of drawing them correctly. It's belief. These are instructions to you and your mind, conscious and unconscious, to influence the Force into doing what you want. You draw these again and again, striving to make them exactly the same because it focuses your mind. When you don't, when you fail a line, a different effect might happen. Might not, but it's all about your belief in it."

He idly shifted a line, and at once the rune fizzled out into a puff of sparks. "So long as you don't give up, you will, Vera."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Thanks, Dad,"
Vera said with a big smile when he offered her some wisdom. This is what it was like to be a proper Jedi. He was wise beyond his years, calm, and confident in what he could do. But he was also her Dad, so every bit of advice he shared connected with her just a little better. The same way she liked to listen to Mom and to her own Master.

Vera always found strength in connection.

"I'm not going to give up and I want to be good at what I do. One day, I want to be the Master of Visions. Or just... one of the best Seers in the Order!" She grinned excitedly.

"Then I can help you and Mom with my visions and keep people from getting hurt. Maybe stop wars before they begin!" Vera giggled and suddenly gained a look of pure mischief.

"...find ways to tease Aris even more."

She bounced up, already a lot more confident, and continued tracing some runes of her own, "I'm excited to show you what I can do with gravity soon. I've worked hard on it to make you proud."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom