Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Gnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
0243299dca7dca7b5fd2f88915606a3e.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a powerful Meditation tool and Force focus.
  • Image Source: Etsy
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Miraluka Force Imbuement
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Ancient Miraluka, recovered by Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
  • Affiliation: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Force-Imbued Wood.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Stylish
  • Attuned to neither the light or dark.
  • Completely seals all five senses when it is placed over one's head.
  • Aids in Jedi techniques to connect with the Force.
STRENGTHS
  • By sealing off all senses. It allows one to completely ignore all distranctions. Greately aiding in focus and disicpline when it comes to drawing on the Force.
  • In the hands of a seasoned Jedi or any Force Adept who relies on discipline and focus over emotions. It vastly improves their abilities.
  • Wearer does not need to breathe so long as focus is maintained. Their lungs are sustained entirely by the Force. Rending them immune to gas based attacks.
  • Makes one highly resistant to all forms of illusions due to all the senses being sealed.
WEAKNESSES
  • As all of one's senses are muted while the mask is on. Mundane forms of communication become nearly impossible.
  • While in use, one is subject to all the typical disadvantages of lacking any of the five senses. Being extremely disorienting to those unused to such experiences.
  • If one's connection to the Force is blocked, the mask is a useless paperweight.
  • As the mask surpresses the user's sense of touch. They run a risk of being unaware of the state of their own body. Extended use during heavy combat can result in severe damage simply by the wearer being unaware of how tired or badly hurt they are.
  • If the mask is suddenly removed or deactivated somehow. The rush of sensation and senses can be extremely distracting and in some cases, debilitating. Especially to someone following Jedi teachings or similar methods.
DESCRIPTION
Forged millenia ago by Miralukan artisans for their Jedi allies.These Meditation masks were lost to time. Be it the numerous Jedi purges, battle damage or simple entropy. These powerful relics of the Jedi's history are scattered throughout the Galaxy. This particular mask did belong to the Tafo line, having been held in the family for generations until the clan's current Matriarch lost it at some point during her time as a Sith Assassin.

However, it is the duty of the younger generation to take up the reins. And after a nearly disastrous heist on the villa of a Sith Lord. The family heirloom was reclaimed by Aaran. Not quite sure of what to do with this strange mask. Or how to properly utilise it, having only been given advice on its use through the ramblings of a madwoman.

Last edited:
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Very unique, in a good way. Love the fluff, the mechanics, and the name; alas, there are a few formalisms to look at before approving this.

Firstly, Factory submissions must have something linkable as a Manufacturer, normally a Company, Individual, or Faction, though a Lore (Organisation) Codex sub may be accepted. In your case, I'd recommend making it "Ancient Miraluka, recovered by Aaran Tafo". Keeps the fluff while checking all the boxes. Secondly, I'd probably link Miraluka and Force Imbuement in the sub. The "disastrous heist" too, if it was a thread; if not, that's fine too.

Once that's done, I'll be happy to approve this. Again, lovely idea.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
AMCO AMCO

I have added the sources and corrected the manufacturer as requested. For the heist, that actually had not been put up, merely a thread idea I had rolling around in my head that may or may not pop up in the future. But now exists only as something to call back to in vague ways.

I hope this is enough to approve the item.

Another Skyrim fan I see? Anyways...
  • Force imbued wood is highly resistant to damage

This reads like armor to me. If it's something that provides actual protection to the wearer, I'd suggest using the armor template for this. Alternatively, you could remove any mention that it provides any meaningful damage protection and leave this in the current template.

AMCO AMCO Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom