Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[GMT:1] Soothing A Raging Beast

Note: I will not be participating in this thread myself, please do not tag or wait for me. Once you have completed this mission, reply to the terminal and I will review this thread.

They had come to him in the night, three travelers who heard the plea of his monastery; were they here to assist, or did they seek the rancor for themselves? Vasnuc wasn't sure, and it was this not knowing which made him stare dubiously between the individuals who were now gathered on the steps of his home.

He did not invite them in, he did not trust them with the knowledge of what lay inside, though that did not mean he was an ungracious host. Tea had been provided, alongside a steady swathe of delicate foods which seemed to melt in the mouth. Only the best they had to offer. Chairs had even been arranged, in fact Vasnuc seemed so docile and passive that one might wonder if he had completely forgotten the cause of this gathering.

He hadn't, of course.

The jungle rancor, lovingly referred to as Rexx, was as much a part of the Order, as much a part of his family, as any other of the B'omarr. He simply knew better than to rush, leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of these strangers may lead to consequences he didn't wish to think about.

And finally, with the night mostly over and the teapot dried, he rose - arms aloft for but a moment before he realised his lack of majesty - and glanced over those gathered. How funny they looked, though that was far from relevant at this moment. Fingers tapped gently atop the surface of the table, and once all eyes were on him he finally began to speak.

"Rexx is more than just some rancor, more than just a possession or a pet to add to a collection, and he is worth more to you alive than dead..." Once again his gaze met each individual, before he continued, a certain warning to both tone and expression against double crossing him. "He is not to be harmed, under any circumstances. You will know him by the almost green tinge to his skin, as well as the band of kasha around his left arm."

A stupid trinket that Vasnuc despised, but one which dear Rexx had worn for as long as he could remember... He could not help but wonder just how much of the crystal had to be unearthed and worked to make it.

"Return him to us, unscathed, and you will not just have your reward... But our everlasting debt."

[member='Romeo Sin'] | [member='Darlyn Excron'] | [member='Cath Lorr']

This was quite the interresting job, Darlyn had to admit to himself as he sat in the chair provided, though abstained from the tea offered. Not that he was one to oft engage in rudeness when such a gracious offer was put forth, but more so his distrust of the individuals with whom he had taken this task. He was not one to trust easily, and neither of the two individuals present had given him reason to put any faith within them. In fact, he was more confident that one of them would turn on him before the end of the task. Still, he needed the reward for this task, something with which he would be able to confidently control himself further in the future. It was a reward he couldn't pass up when he read the job offer, even if it left them with the hardest task he could've yet imagined.

Taking a rancor captive, unscathed. Unscathed. Sure, he was confident enough that he could disable a rancor, enough explosives could disable any living thing, but to do it unscathed was going to be a problem. There weren't exactly cuffs made for something that big, or strong. And he didn't much like the thought of trying to get close to that thing's mouth to muzzle it. Still, that problem would be dealt with in time, for now he had best worry about tracking the beast, likely what was to be his job as a hunter in the group.

A strange trio indeed... HE glanced at his to be companions and held his head gently. He would have to try, for the sake of his job, to put at least some measure of faith in them... "Capture the rancor unscathed, and don't die in the process. I don't suppose either of you two has a really, really big muzzle would you?" He offered his dry and sarcastic comment hang in the air for his companions, perhaps a bit of amusement to break the serious air held in the room.

[member="Cath Lorr"]
[member="Romeo Sin"]

Apologies if this edit for the mentions didn't work...

The tea was fragrant - sweet but with just the right amount of bitterness. Vasnuc of Teth’s hospitality was unparalleled. But Cath Lorr, House Secretary of the Republic, had a feeling that some of the generosity was to help ease concerns over what the three strangers were going to help him with. Since there was no acting Foreign Secretary, the Eldoria official head the plea from Vasnuc and came to his temple as an olive branch from the Republic - a fact-finding, peace-seeking mission.

But it appeared they were going to play animal control today.

“A jungle rancor? Is it tame?” Cath asked incredulously. Vasnuc shrugged and said, “To its handlers and its family, yes. To outsiders… no, I’m afraid not.”

The Jedi Padawan glanced over at her companion @Darlyn Exrcon and then back to Vasnuc and responded, “If we had the right type of gun, could we tranquilize Rexx?’

“As long as they were safe tranquilizers, which would just put him to sleep, then yes.”

Cath sighed heavily. Part of this mission insulted her sensibility that Rexx should not be anyone’s pet in the first place and should be roaming the jungles with others of his kind. But she knew that rancors were incredibly intelligent, along with being predatory and lethal. And it would be a great accomplishment to return back to Yutan with the planet of Teth indebted to the Republic.

“Well I suppose we’ll need a tranquilizer gun.”

[member="Romeo Sin"]

"I would have suggested a really big stick, but that sounds much easier. Provided we can get a dart big enough to get past that thick hide." Had Darlyn forgotten his host was listening? Probably not, but as far as he was concerned there was nothing more to discuss. Disable the beast, don't harm it. The man was only going to continue saying not to harm it so what was the point in bothering to discuss it further with him? "Perhaps we could use a non-lethal grenade to transport the drugs in a concentrated dosage. Trick it into eating it or shove it down ourselves. Regardless of what we do though, we have to find the big guy and not die along the way."

He stood himself up, dusting off and placing the cup of tea he hadn't drank from back down. "I would suggest we get moving. Every moment we waste is a moment he's getting further into the jungle. And I don't fancy trying to get him back from other rancors." It was obvious that Darlyn was done with this situation and already moving on to the next step of preparing the hunt itself. He was glancing around at Teth's landscape, plotting out the route they would have to take. He was a hunter, finding subtle clues was his game. Of course, Rancors were hardly subtle, so perhaps it was merely the bigger target that would highlight this somewhat practiced skill.

Or perhaps it was just his ego, and he was going to get lost again.

[member="Cath Lorr"]

“Yes, let’s get moving, but I do have to make a pit stop onto The Celestina to change.” Cath was currently wearing her normal attire which was a stately gown, the type a Home Secretary of the Republic would wear. “It will only take a minute, promise.”

As they walked to her cruiser, she said, “The other option is to use the Force. I’ve never controlled a beast, but if you also have use of it, we can combine our power together to make it more effective.” The Eldorai official sighed. “Again, I would prefer to not harm the beast as even a stun gun could be unpredictable."

After the quick pit stop to gear up, Cath emerged in more of a jungle appropriate outfit. While it didn’t look that functional, under the tawny scarf and top, there was a form fitting flak vest just in case they ran into bandits or other such predators in the jungle.

gVPJ5RLl.jpg

“Okay, which way,” said Cath. “And honestly, between you and me, Vasnuc shouldn’t be keeping a rancor as a pet in the first place.” The Padawan didn’t want to seem huffy or overly judgmental, but it was a wild animal at the end of the day. Didn’t it deserve its freedom in its natural habitat?

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

"He wasn't, at least not correctly. Hutts made this world Parr of their collective reach if I recall, means they should'be had proper beast pits. No one with even a fifth of a working brain would keep a rancor as a pet without having a beast pit. Judging from these guys I imagine they didn't have a proper pit, meaning they didn't treat this rancor like a pet. I'd even wager they didn't think he could run off." The ex sith sighed and began to head off into the jungle, seemingly at random. Of course he was merely looking for telltale signs of rancor movement, as they moved back towards where the rancor once lived.

"Besides, if it's been here since a child it's far more dangerous to let him be free. Poor thing wouldn't know how to properly be a wild rancor." he pause a moment as he was searching for obvious signs of travel, and turned to look at Cath. "I assum you have reason to suspect I wield the force?" Granted he was in sith robes and armour, with a darkside force signature. But how could he be certain [member="Cath Lorr"] knew that?

[member="Romeo Sin"] [member="Darth Crucifere"]

<<OOC= I just noticed you *seem* to be back so I thought I'd mention you Mr. Sin, though I'm not sure which i needed to mention. Heh.>>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom