Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give me your Petranaki Arena information!

Before I attempt to sub the Petranaki Arena on Geonosis as a light-sided nexus, has anyone ever used the canonical Petranaki Arena as a RP location? Or has any lore information about it, beyond what canon says about it?

The battle in the arena in Ep. 2, resulting in 180 Jedi deaths, is the basis for a light-sided Force-nexus there, and, as a result of the First Battle of Geonosis, and its Clone Wars-era ownership (and even to this day) by the Stalgasin Hive, would be subbed as Stalgasin Memorial Stadium. Its nature as a light-sided Force-nexus would suppress aggressivity and violence within its confines, rendering public executions there impossible, forcing the Geonosians to look at another venue operated by another hive (or the Stalgasin Hive to build another stadium) to do public executions.

Or has the arena been destroyed in canon? Did my intended idea for the Petranaki Arena/Stalgasin Memorial Stadium contradict later canonical appearances or Chaos instances of use in role-play?

Finally, how many dev posts would be necessary to sub the Petranaki Arena as a light-sided Force-nexus, given its iconic status in canon?

IIRC the Geonosians were completely wiped out sometime during the Empire's reign, but that shouldn't have any impact on whether the arena is still there. I'd assume it is, I don't think it's ever been mentioned after Ep. 2. I think in some legends books, but those aren't canon and I haven't read them. But it's apparently mentioned in Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't completely destroyed, but it was beat up pretty badly during the battle. This pic's from Wookiepedia, but it's originally from Star Wars: Republic Commando which I think is canon? Pretty certain anyway. So I think it was like half-destroyed, probably could have been repaired though.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
In canon, the Geonosians were exterminated. I'd imagine the planet carries the echoes of that disturbance in the Force, much like going to the Graveyard of Alderaan or a lesser version of Vjun.

I'm also not certain the arena would be an explicitly Light Side nexus. Hundreds of Jedi were broken and killed there, hounded, driven to a last stand after millennia of dominance. If I was to write a Jedi visiting there, I'd feel the echoes of old confusion and despair, maybe more than tranquility. Geonosis, both tactically and strategically, was a victory for the Dark Side.

Ajira Cardei said:
In canon, the Geonosians were exterminated. I'd imagine the planet carries the echoes of that disturbance in the Force, much like going to the Graveyard of Alderaan or a lesser version of Vjun.

I'm also not certain the arena would be an explicitly Light Side nexus. Hundreds of Jedi were broken and killed there, hounded, driven to a last stand after millennia of dominance. If I was to write a Jedi visiting there, I'd feel the echoes of old confusion and despair, maybe more than tranquility. Geonosis, both tactically and strategically, was a victory for the Dark Side.
Lets not forget the two invasions of Geonosis which were aided by the Sith, the planetary bombardment, etc on the site.

skin, bone, and arrogance
I imagine the arena filled with water, with a swim-up bar near the three posts where they tied Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan, and paper lanterns strung between them. Umbrellas, sunscreen, maybe some man-made islands to build sand-castles... in the sand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCAiBmA_bK8

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
[member="Ajira Cardei"] There was one surviving queen from whom all Geonosians alive by 849 ABY ICly descend from. But Stalgasin Memorial Stadium (as I call it now as a writer) had to be a Force-nexus nonetheless.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I always had the impression that massive casualties of Force-users of the same alignment in one place would form a basis for a Force-nexus of the same alignment. Hence why I regarded Stalgasin Memorial Stadium as a light-sided nexus.

[member="Vex Pendel"] Centuries after the Sterilization of Geonosis, Stalgasin Hive effected repairs on it (presumed post-137 ABY so that a sufficient workforce could be there for the repairs)

[member="Dunames Lopez"]

"Not all of the planet's population was killed, however. One Geonosian queen survived in a lair beneath the planet's surface, though she was unable to produce new offspring and thus unable to repopulate the species. She did, however, continue the production of battle droids that the Geonosian droid factories once produced. The Sith Lord Darth Vader came to Geonosis during the Galactic Civil War and took the droids from her."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sterilization_of_Geonosis

Seems to me like they were incapable of coming back with only one sterile queen but maybe I'm missing something. The Darth Vader comic is what states that, I don't think the Rebels episode even mentions the queen - just states everything on the planet was killed. Those are the only two sources the site mentions.

Dunames Lopez

Could some fertile queen(s) have been stashed off-world (presumably by the Confederacy or by Separatist holdouts)?

That's the only way there would still be Geonosians at all, or else that would contradict the Zenturi codex sub, which had a native Geonosian population.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Dunames Lopez"]

The presence of survivors doesn't change the fact that we're talking about the death of basically an entire planet. As per EPIV that's a MAJOR disturbance in the Force.

I'm not aware of any canon precedent where the futile, desperate, confused death of hundreds of Jedi produced a Light Side nexus. The Valley of the Jedi was the resting place for thousands of bound spirits, which isn't the same thing.

Nor am I arguing that a nexus could exist there. It just has very little chance of being explicitly Light in orientation. Confused or neutral, sure.

Dunames Lopez

I could settle for the Stadium to be a neutral nexus.

On the other hand, how many dev posts are required for it to be subbed as a Force-nexus? (I would assume more dev posts than regular stadium-sized Force-nexus locations due to it being a canonical location)

Yet we all know [member="Lorelei Darke"] would just love an extra canonical location or two in the Codex... so long as it is well-researched.

What I would love is for people to not speak for me...

You can find guidelines regarding dev threads for Force Nexus locations in their location template.

Ultimately your CJ can decide to ask for more development if they feel what you provide is not sufficient for what the Nexus is/does.

[member="Dunames Lopez"]

I mean sure, in this site's canon there's no reason a fertile queen couldn't have been stashed somewhere. In terms of actual canon though, I don't think so. They wanted to make pretty clear they got wiped out. I don't want to like invalidate a codex sub though haha

Vex Pendel said:
[member="Dunames Lopez"]

I mean sure, in this site's canon there's no reason a fertile queen couldn't have been stashed somewhere. In terms of actual canon though, I don't think so. They wanted to make pretty clear they got wiped out. I don't want to like invalidate a codex sub though haha
The wonders of cloning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom