Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give me a reason [Isley]

Mia didn't wait long after being picked up, she let a medic fuss over her hand, wrapping it tightly in bandages and ignoring the sideways glance at her when she didn't wince. Her eyes were glazed over, staring unseeing at the wall, still trying to process what had happened. It was like Keldabe all over again, she'd been utterly powerless to stop it.

Keldabe was perhaps a little easier, she has someone to hold accountable, had a way to lead her people to fight back, the ability to give them some vengeance. The council would not hear her now, not withdraw death of thousands on their doorstep in the name of a Mand'alor who very recently had tried to stake his claim over them and been shot down. It was all too coincidental.

She took a ship, a small fighter and went looking for Isley's command ship. She hailed it with clipped tones. "This is field Marshall Monroe, requesting permission to dock." She reached out to Isley to let her know she was here.

[member="Isley Verd"]

"We've got a fighter inbound, it's blaring Clan IFF."

The words of the officer fell upon deaf ears. Isley, slumped within the Seat of Command, was in a state of utter disbelief. Just the day prior, the bastard Saverok had been awaiting his judgment. His actions in a domestic operation had endangered fellow vod - and for that he was to be punished. Yet before the Mand'alor could render his judgment, the Gen'Dai had gone rogue. Vanished. Only to reappear waist deep in a United Clans' station with murder in his eyes.

The result was devastating, to the United Clans and to Isley on a personal level. The loss of life was extraordinary, of this there was no doubt; but the death of a single man wounded deeply more than anything else. Ember was dead, lost in the explosion. Ember, a man he loved like a brother...Isley had always thought that the old Rekali would outlive him by far. And honestly, the thought at the forefront of his mind was disgust. With himself.

Isley should have been there. He tried his damndest to get there, but space ballet between two factions kept him from getting to his brother in time. By the time he dipped into realspace, the damage had already been done. Now, the Mand'alor sat, stunned, aboard lead Gunray-class that had been dispatched to stop the Gen'Dai. That is, until the presence of [member="Mia Monroe"] reached him.

"Let her aboard." he said.

"Aye sir."

The incoming fighter would be directed to one of the Star Destroyer's hangar bays, and upon landing Mia would see that Isley would be waiting.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Mia had become adept at boxing her emotions and maintaining a clear head. Her intention was simply to let Isley take her somewhere quiet where she could yell at him out of sight and view of his men. Isley was a good friend, a brother, she had no intention of belittling him.

The landing struts connected with the hanger bay floor with a soft clunk, and she flicked the ships engines off and closed her eyes. She had promised the council that Isley would not attack, that he would never sanction an attack. She had also promised them that she would kill him herself if he did. Mia needed him to cooperate now more than ever if she was to prevent this escalating further. Drawing in a deep breath, she exhaled slowly, raising the hood and climbing it of the ship.

He stood stock still waiting for her, she could feel his sorrow in the forc and it served only to anger her. The lid slipped as she move towards him, anger pulsing off her in waves. She clapped her hands on his shoulders, fixing him th a cold and steady gaze...

Then she head butted him.

"You karking idiot!" She spat.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Sorrow bled into Anger.

Isley could feel it. Hell, anyone remotely sensitive could sense the solemn inferno that was the Liberator. But who could blame her? Given the circumstances...given what she and the United Clans knew and thought, this was most likely not a pleasant visit. Personally, Isley took the whirlwind of emotion as a simple truth: She blamed him. Saverok had come in, waving his banner like a drunken zealot; and the result was the death of someone he and Mia both cherished beyond words.

Isley met her gaze: grief looked upon fury.

THWAP!

The sting was unexpected, so much so that instinct reared its ugly head. Isley recoiled back a step, before cocking back his dominant fist and letting fly. She head butt him, he caught her right in the jaw. And that prompted the opening of the flood gates. Sorrow bled into Anger.

"I'm the karking idiot?!" he practically yelled. "Me? The guy who said 'hey by the way you ignorant karkwads, there's a psychotic rogue that we'd love to prevent from killing folks? Me? The guy whose folks were playing space ballet while Ember got blown to the Netherworld?"

He blinked. Man that stung.

"This attack wasn't me, Mia. For kark's sake, you know me better than that!"

[member="Mia Monroe"]

His instinctive punch caught her hard, snapping her head back and causing stars to explode across her vision. Pain cut through her anger and she remembered that her intention had not been to start a fight. She spat a mouthful of blood to one side, massaging her jaw where he'd hit her. "Oh, shut up." She snapped "I didn't come here to listen to your excuse as to why you couldn't stop this. Even if the Clans had let you within an inch of that station, Ember would still be dead, and so would everyone else."

She felt a lump in her throat as her anger wavered. "I told you that you couldn't help them. I told you to let them be, but you couldn't fething resist could you." Yes, Mia blamed him, but not because he didn't get close enough to prevent anything, but because he had started this Avalanche in the first place. "You didn't listen." She blinked hard against the tears threatening to spill over her cheeks."Why couldn't you just listen?"

[member="Isley Verd"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom