Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Isis Varida"]

The arms section of the company is still relatively new. The R and D people had been working under instruction to develop a new quad mounted rail gun system to work on star fighters and ground vehicle's. While they are yet to be fully tested Sanya had scheduled a field test to tweak areas possible on the field.

As she exited the shuttle her feet would sink into the burning white sand that stretched for miles. The small area had been set up with a work bench next to a water evaporator. As for the rail gun it's self it it had been mounted on top of the Claymore tank destroyer in replacement of it's duel laser cannon. For the time being everything had been put on hold till a certain person to arrive to evaluate the weapon.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Why was Isis here... well she had made a sixteen cannon rail gun able to be used on ground or in space for dealing with problems. It was an amazing thing for braodsiding with other barbettes like ion cannon and turbolasers... She wanted to maybe try out making a megamaser barbette for later use and some of the real work which is what led her here. To meeting with Sanya as the shipbuilding Liran walked down the hall arriving in fashion as she stood there with a grin on her face and raised an eyebrow standing in the engineers outfit she had been working on. Another piece of equipment to try and get off the prototype shelf and assembled. "Thank you for having me."

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Isis Varida"]

her hood shielded her eyes from the sun casting a shadow on her face as she watched the woman walk towards her and the tent. "Its not a problem. thank you for coming." Sanya smiled slightly turning around the the technicians. "Well I guess we can start then." While the Claymore's power was insufficient to power the weapon for the time being it was hooked up to a small generator to give it that little bit more umph of power. She would move to the small terminal that was placed on a table along with other terminals and screens monitoring different aspects of the weapon. "Powering up now." The gun would go from a slight slanted position to facing forward straight.

"Calibrating the Rails now." She said checking it's inputs and outputs as the screen made a series of noises. "Okay calibrated." The list of systems would flicker green one by one. The generator would begin to get louder as the gun drew power from it. "Systems are responding normally." She would look over to the person stood near the gun. "OKAY FEED THE AMMUNITION NOW!" She shouted over the noise.

Isis was standing there with a bow of her head, she could work on some of the bigger things they had with more attention but she was seeing just that now. The power generator being built up and provided for the weapon as she saw it was ready to be tested right off the bat. Unlike when she had been helping with Domino for all of this they were just jumping into the tests while she looked up for a moment and then towards the gun. "Are you certain everything is up to spec? Damorian just made rail barbettes for purposes like this and sixteen anti fighter, broadsiding guns are a nice thing to have."

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Isis Varida"]

Sanya wasn't entirely sure how to answer that question she just looked at Isis with a small smile. "Well I have no idea. Other than pulling a trigger I have no idea how these things work. I know what it needs to do but I trust my r and d teams." The man would face Sanya giving her a thumbs up. "Ammunition ready. EVERYONE INTO THE SAFE ZONES!" She shouted to everyone near the gun. "Well I have intentions to make this bigger. For now it's a start the reason for this been small. I see this been used for the likes of turrets, vehicles and star fighters. The only current problem is it's power consumption that will be continued to be worked on. This test is just to see how everything is going and it works. Not just that but in order to take the development further we need to see it's performance."

Isis continued to watch it and looked at her while she brought up in her palm holo the barbette. "Power consumption is tricky to work with but powering the magnetic coils is easier and you have a steady stream of power going into them. The energy can go on a series so it goes through to propel the shell forward faster and faster. The propulsion you use to push it is what you should look at as that initial speed will be increased more and more." She was looking at the things for the Inquisition R&D before sht went back to standing there for the time being waiting to see the results of the initial test firing. Maybe lighter slugs with containment like the ion and plasma she used for the barbettes to vary them.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Isis Varida"]

Sanya kept her eyes fixed on the duel rail as it began to glow a redish purple. "Well a normal power cell wouldn't cut it. I need something that give out a higher output allow the gun to remain active. But that raises the issue of the cell been self sustaining so something like fusion power cells." With her hand on a triggered joystick she aimed the rail to the target. Pulling the trigger round after round fired rapidly puncturing wide holes into the thick sheet of durasteel. In moments the rail would stop firing due to insufficient ammunition. The person who loaded the ammunition last time ran across and put in a new clip of rounds holding up to 220 bullets. The sheet that had been shot up was only a meter thick as for the second it was two point five.

"That is why I have been working on a way to optimize power and make it more efficient for use in the ships. better, cleaner generators that can produce more energy and not be as wasteful. With larger demands able to be met easier." She was working on it and keeping a look out as a way to build it into the structure of the ship so it could also reduce space it takes up applying to more systems. She had been working on ways to best incorporate it but they would have to keep testing the devices and she really needed to get to working on better sustainable reactors to go along with it.... Though those sun hopper shields the Phenex sold could work with her solar reactors panels. It could be a faster and stronger way to collect energy for quick recharges to sustain and give ships that extra edge they needed. Isis was looking at the desert as she spoke. "Going to have sand everywhere." She could see the tank destroyer though and was looking at Sanya ready for anything.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Isis Varida"]

From the data that had finally appeared sixty rounds had managed to fire in one minuet. That was one round per second. Tweaking the output parameters Sanya lowered it's charge rate to fire the shots faster although penertration would suffer and in surface so would the distance traveled. Although it was a set back that was worth while for it's purpose. It was a gun that if set right can do many roles like AA or engaging most stuff on the ground. As for in space starships could utilize it even better for taking down enemy ships fast except the bigger ones. If the big ships didn't take down anything using these then the most it could do is maybe take out a few turrets or exposed parts. Finishing writing down the numbers Sanya stepped to the side. "Your turn. Isis and don't butter up how much it feels to use this." She said with a grin. "Anyhow I've been meaning to make fusion cells for a while due to the many projects I'd need to use them in. Also I don't think the sand is that bad. Might be because I don't wear anything on my feet when I'm in it most the time that way I can just wash them down after."

She was looking at the numbers and working with it while bringing up the information for her engineers. The performance package they were making was vastly diferent she was hoping and designed for use on everything she could put it on. "Well the only reason I have to butter you up about things is you show me big toys that make me all buttery." She returned the wink while working on the things there and adjusting what she could in the holographic design. "From the readings we can work here to adjust and augment the power output. it will increase the charge to propel the slugs through the magnetic coils and decrease the power draw where needed. The droid brain we are setting it up with will also be able to regulate it and improve as needed."

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Isis Varida"]

With all the data now here Sanya had enough for the research and development to finalize the weapon. "Well this weapon will mostly be fired by a person at the controls. Droid brains can be useful but a persons touch sometimes can be better. Anyway with testing it I can send a report back for things to be changed before production. The fusion cells will probably be used to give the power this is needed so everything sorted." She said packing things down. "ALRIGHT EVERYONE ITS A WRAP." Sanya shouted out for everyone to hear. It would take long before things where dismantled and in protective boxes to ship bunch to the factory. "Well isis thanks for coming along and it's been a pleasure as always."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom