Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private GIRL FRIDAY

Erint had spotted through the trees what she assumed was another vessel that had descended from the heavens like Karlie's. Only as they came to the clearing, it were a strangely different size and shape. Also, Karlie's had landed with much more of a thump, which had plowed through the forest and up-heaved the earth. That and that Erint had figured out Karlie's vessel it had come to rest upside down.
Only this new vessel was not upside down, judging by the eyes (the windows) on it. It seemed to have come down from the heavens with less of a thump, as not much of the clearing had been pushed aside...it had not fallen hard to the ground. She found herself behind Karlie as the blonde rushed over to the vessel, excited in seeing one of her own kind.

Erint followed Karlie while looking over the wonder. It were like a big, BIG insect she determined as she got closer. It seemed to have legs (Aren's ship was right side up) of sort...all of iron...metal. So much metal, Erint thought. How did these heavenly creatures acquire so much ore?..and from the heavens no less.

Then she spotted a strange large insect she had never seen before...
No, no...it were a small metal thing that seemed to fly like one. Unknown to Erint, it were Aren's droid, Red.
Her eyes were fixed on it as it came around seemingly aware of her and Karlie, like it were examining as to whom they were. Erint didn't fully know what to make of it, other than it being a small beast made of metal..like a living thing.
Were this flying metal beast hostile or just curious of her as she were of it? Looking over to the blonde, Erint figured the flying thing was no threat as Karlie paid little mind to it (Red) as she approached the other young human.

The gesture of the other human made as they were approaching was one of welcoming warriors from another clan. Aren's hands were open and welcoming, showing she had no reason to find them a threat.
As such, Erint kept her own blade sheathed and came about to Karlie's side... also with an open hand in air.

"Seyla" She said to the woman and her strange metal beasts (droids). It were Erint's way of greeting another. It could be translated as; 'Peace... Hello... Greetings'

Aren D'Shade Aren D'Shade

Last edited:

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
"Oh thank the Heavens..." Karlie sighed with relief.
It were a ship, and someone was waiting for her. Karlie quickened her pace, rushing past Erint.

"Hey!..." she replied back.
"Oh my God...pant...pant... you don't know how glad I am that you found me...pant..pant." Yes, she was out of breath. But not because she ran a few meters to EAren and her ship, but she had been on edge ever since the aezon attack. Her nerves were and had been on edge every step thereafter. She were so relieved Castagne had sent -
...er, wait a second-

Karlie finally looked over the younger girl, then her ship and droids. These weren't anything she were familiar with. They weren't Castan anyway. Who was this girl?
"Oh....Hi...pant...pant.." Karlie took a step back, catching her breath before glancing to Erint as she came over to them.

No.
No this girl was not Castan...not of her system.
"I... aherm... "She cleared her throat. her ordeal had inadvertently made her throat dry.
"I'm Karlie of system Castagne. I seemed to have crash landed just over the other side of the mountain. been here a few days...I think. I don't know really...got knocked out in the landing...the crash." She were saying when she noticed some damage on the girl's ship. It were leaning to one side.

"Shoot...can you take off in this thing?" She then asked, noticing the damage. Still it were nowhere as bad as her topsy-turvy ship.

"Oh I'm sorry... I am still quite shaken up a bit. What is your name?"

Seeing her body language was understood, Aren waited for the two women to approach and get close before she walked over to join them. Not being entirely familiar with how to greet an unfamiliar person, she decided to bow just slightly. EL did the same and her little spider droid held a leg out to be shaken.

"I am Aren D'Shade."

Motioning to herself, hopefully, it would be understood. Pointing at each of her companions, she introduced them as well.

Listening to Karlie, it soon became clear she expected somebody else to be here and not Aren. Granted there wasn't any real way to expect the Sith to be here. This was a totally unexpected situation. Nodding at the explanation from Karlie, she held a hand out to shake after getting the introductions done again.

"There must be some sort of gravity well...are you hurt? Sam here can patch you up if you need stitches or anything."

That was one of his functions along with ship repair and maintenance. The little droid started to show Karlie his tools and waited for her to reply.

"Again, I'm Aren D'Shade. This Sam, Red, and EL. I might be able to take off again, but landing would be another situation entirely. Landing gear got ruined."

Showing this to the other two women, this was beyond what Sam would be able to fix on his own.

Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat

Erint's eyes were taking in the sheer mass of what Karlie had explained to her as being a flying vessel.

It too were made of iron...tempered iron as far as she understood. There was so much of it, though. Erint couldn't imagine the amount of years it took to find enough iron ore to build such things. It were by far more metal than what she ever seen or could account for in all of the clans put together.
in a way, she knew it were pointless to ask as to how both Karlie and this other female had come to posses enough of the metal to craft such vessels. There was some smelting secrets she apparently didn't know existed.

Erint just nodded to the younger female during the introductions, before the blonde (Karlie) went on to explain as to her plight and crash.

It was then that Erint realized that the young woman's (Aren's) creatures were no creatures at all but metal things which moved on their own. For a moment, she took a step back, not certain of their intention or for what means they had been made to move like creatures. Was it at all possible for metal to move as such on their own?
Surely the gods were playing with her...testing her.
Erint shook that thought out of her head. According to the blonde, she had said that she were no angel despite that she and now this other one had come from the Heavens.

Erint looked over to where Aren indicated that her vessel were broken. At first, Erint didn't know what exactly she were looking at. But her eyes traced the metals...she were able to see how in various places it was seemingly out of place.
Erint looked over the ship again and started to understand as to how the metal that was damaged could well be damaged. There was a lot more mass that was put on it and it had come to break.

"Gasp." She were somewhat surprised by one of the metal creatures disclosing unrecognizable implements to the blonde.

"How are they come to be alive?" She just had to ask, watching one of the metal creatures interacting with Karlie.

Karlie Lynn Destat

"A gravity well..." It were more a realization than a question. Karlie had not thought on how she had come to crash, or what had caused it.
The girl mentioning 'gravity well' evoked a memory flashback before she had blacked out.

"...yes.
Yes, I think I remember. My ship did hit- or rather did get knocked out of the jump before it hit something." Karlie were putting it together. It made sense now what the girl was saying, before Aren asked her if she were hurt.

"I think I'm Ok for the most part..." Ok, so Karlie looked a mess with frazzled hair, dirt and soil on her clothes from both the crash and the aezon attack.
"Got banged around, just a few bruises s'all, Aren. But more shaken up because of being marooned here than anything else really. This planet...this planet is horrid-" She then stated before realizing it were Erint's planet, her home.

"Shoot..I didn't mean it like that, Erint." She turned to the amazon woman.
"I were meaning the creatures that attacked us. " She tried to explain, but Erint's attention at that point were on Aren's companion droids. It seemed the woman had never seen droids before.

"They...they are like friends, Erint." Karlie stated, drawing the woman's attention toward to what Aren and she were now looking over. It were one of the main struts of the ship. It were severely damaged. Most likely it had hit the surface upon landing hard. Karlie's ship had been totally out of control and had crashed. but Aren must have been conscious upon entering the atmosphere and managed to at least get her ship down in one piece.

"They are droids...helpers. They aren't anything like aezons... or siths for that matter....haha..." She joked, her way of relieving stress at times.
Only not once thinking that maybe, just maybe, the younger girl (Aren) could just happen to be one.
As far as Karlie knew, the siths she had met, were older...like her mother, a horrid, horrid evil sith abomination.

Last edited:
While Aren was chatting with Karlie, the other woman that was apparently a native to this world looked over her ship. It didn't take long for her to figure out what part of the ship was broken. Pointing to the area, she looked at Erint for a moment before realizing something.

"Two questions. What is your name? Second. Do you have anything that could be used to repair the landing strut?"

Listening to the question posed to her, Karlie answered for her. Since she was still holding Sam, she turned him over to allow her to look at his back. Opening a hatch there, she would see a small battery. Motioning to it, Aren closed it up again and put her droid back upright.

"They are friends. Red will watch and warn if any predators come. Sam is a repair droid and EL is my companion."

Explaining each of their roles, they responded as Aren spoke and reintroduced themselves to the native. When Karlie answered the question the Sith had posed, Sam went back to attempting to work on the broken ship. Looking at the other stranded woman, she kept silent on the Sith comment. It seemed to be a common misperception and quite often not worth arguing about it. The truth would eventually become known but not right now.

"What are aezons?"

Turning her head to look at both Karlie and Erint, the curiosity was plain on her face.

Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat Erint Tel Set Erint Tel Set

It was one thing vessels that could fly down from the heavens... another, iron creatures that were alive.
Erint and her world had no tech. Basically one could put them at an early Iron Age. These two women from the sky were the very first ones she had ever come across.

She took to touching one of the iorn creatures..."droid?.." she repeated the word the new woman had said they were. "...friend...yes." The term 'service' of course had no meaning and were lost in translation. But nevertheless, these creatures seemed not to alarm the blonde woman and were as the new girl pointed out; friendly.

"I am called Erint of Clan Setting Sun." She replied looking at the new girl's orbs.
They were different from that of the blonde one. Not by colour or shape, but of the kept dragon from within the girl. Erint could see, feel the dragon fire within Aren. It were as Erint's people knew the force as.

"My coven is two peaks by way of the sun's path...(
West of their current location)" she then replied to Aren's question.

"Aezons, yes..." She nodded. Erint knew them well. She had known these creatures all her life.
...we have come across aezons before we came out into the clearing. They lied in waiting for this one" Erint then gestured to the blonde.

" They are nothing more than vermin. "

Karlie Lynn Destat

Karlie were looking over to the ship's damaged strut as the two exchanged introduction.

"Er, what?..." her attention were then drawn over to what Erint said.

" Oh hell NO!
They aren't just vermin. Not by a long shot.

They are freakisly huge and ferocious!" Karlie's attention were drawn back to Erint's comment as to the creatures that attacked them.
It were obvious the blonde was still shaken up over the said creatures. Karlie looked over behind her, stepping closer to the Amazonian woman. After all, she seen Erint handle them with just a primitive spear.

"They are horrid creatures..."
Sure Karlie had shot two down with her blaster...but they were panic shots and she felt lucky some of the rounds found their mark. Karlie were no badass, nor killer...yet.

"..the aezons." She finished, wondering as to why Erint didn't fear them as she did. Like, they were disgusting creatures with what had looked like jaws within jaws.. "GAH!....brrrr..." Karlie shuddered, shaking off the repulsiveness of the creatures.

"Don't wish to speak for her, but I don't think our native friend here could be of much help in getting this tin can off the ground, Aren.
She's one hell of a hunter/fighter though.."
Karlie then said with relief in her voice looking over to Erint.

"I mean it. I would have been a goner if it weren't for you Erint."

"Anyway... I've some tech training on pertinent systems such as life support, filtration scrubbers... power inverters. " She turned to Aren again.
"Not much knowledge at all on ship drives, inertia dampers and such really...just theories. Can't weld for shiet either. But I could work on intricate micro circuits.... " She said, referring to her profession as a bio-cybernetic tech engineer.

"Maybe we could split the work...repair what we both know best...
You know...help one another with what we're good at." Karlie suggested.
She had been trained in essential life support essentials of vessels. It had been a requirement during her training before she were indoctrinated into the IBI bureau. Karlie were a bio-scientist with good knowledge of physics and mechanical engineering. But the mechanical engineering aspect was just knowledge, never had she practically applied herself, other than in conceptual ship designs. The ship drives, power conversions and distribution were not her bag... so to speak.

Listening to Erint introduce herself, Aren nodded and took her droid back after the other woman finished looking at it with a smile. She was pleased to learn they would be friends or at least allies.

"Yes, friends. How long will it take up to reach your home? I would feel a lot safer with walls and buildings around us."

Some things just hadn't appeared to connect within the brain of Aren yet. Any buildings wouldn't be solid and more likely something that could be transported easily. The Sith was entirely out of her element here and far away from anything familiar except her droids.

"Pleased to meet you, Erint."

Hearing the quiet and calm answer from the native and the almost explosive one from Karlie made her wonder just what was going on. Opening her mouth and lifting a hand and then closing and lowering it, she waited until the blond calmed down. She complimented Erint and said she had been saved by her and Aren nodded again.

"Well, I'm not too hip on repairing ships either. Get me at a droid though and I'm as golden as EL there. Even a good, solid log might work for a landing strut. It would just need to be deployed the entire time. That shouldn't be too much of an issue. At least if we don't need to go through the atmosphere of another world to land. If that happens, then it'll just burn up. So...why don't we go to her home and decide what to do in the safety of solid buildings?"

Letting out a sigh, she moved back into her ship to collect a few things and returned to the women's sides quickly.

"We are ready to move if you are."

Karlie Lynn Destat

"Oh...and if you can, Aren....see if you have some extra blaster clips!" She said, before Aren went back into her ship for essentials.

Karlie had her own blaster and were keeping it close at hand.... on her hip. She still had quite a few round left, but had not thought about packing some extra clips before she left her own crashed site with Erint. Then again, the aezons didn't ambush her till just now before they got to the clearing. She had been in a panic and were wildly shooting as memory recalled. Karlie knew she had put two of those creatures down by pure luck.

She turned to Erint again and couldn't help but comment again on the aezons, "Heh.. vermin you call them. They're the biggest vermin I ever saw."
And it were understandable, as Castagne, her home world, had for the most part done away with pests centuries ago. What Karlie knew of them were of what she had come across in her system's archives.

"Still...you handled yourself pretty good against them, Erint.
I'm guessing you had to do that all your life, huh?" She more commented than asked.
"On my world.... sigh...on my world, there are no such creatures like your aezons. The worst we have are speeder salesmen. ..hehe." Karlie chuckled, trying to shake off her anxiety with a joke. One which most likely went over the warrior's head.

As it was, Karlie was feeling less vulnerable, now that there were three of them. She and Aren would be well armed with good ol'fashion blasters. That was a game changer for sure against those awful aezons,, especially since they were going off to Erint's coven or whatnot. Karlie figured Erint's home were some kind of fortified village or settlement. Who knows, maybe it had high...very high mud walls. High enough that these aezons or other horrid creatures could not scale. Yea, that would be sweet.

Aren then soon came out, with what she packed for their trek on over to Erint's home.

"That was quick..." Apparently Aren didn't procrastinate like Karlie often did.
"Ok, yea, I'm ready as could be..." Karlie took a deep breath, patting her side piece when Aren was set to go.

Aren D'Shade Aren D'Shade / Erint Tel Set Erint Tel Set

Last edited:
Erint didn't understand the blonde's question.
Plainly, Erint didn't know what buildings were. Maybe it were the blonde's word for burrow?...or cave?... as that's where Erint's people mostly dwelled in and it were what the two sky women were generally talking about. So yes, they (her caves) were aezon proof.
"Aezons don't pose a threat to us when we are in our homes." She replied, easing the blonde's mind. Odd that such a woman that could transverse the stars and posses such fire weapons could worry so much about aezons, Erint were thinking.

To Erint, these vessels the two sky women had come down on were a sight to see. Ships the two sky women kept calling them. To Erint, these ships were beyond the craftsmanship of their best iron workers. All the seamless iron skin... the large crystal seeing windows... and the ability of these heavy ships to actually fly, despite their sheer mass and weight. It were still beyond Erint's understanding.
Maybe...perhaps the gods had sent these two to test her? Odd though that these two sky women had not known each other before. Odd too that they were in many ways different. One emanated what she were sensing as dragon fire (the force). While the blonde...nothing.

By the time Karlie and Aren got finished talking about what broke, Erint had some understanding as to what was actually broken. "Perhaps these ships may not break like they do if they were not so heavy." She finally surmised, looking over at Karlie. Aren had gone back inside her ship to retrieve some belongings. It were as Erint understood.

"Why you laugh?" She then asked Karlie who seemed to snicker at her good question.
"It is true. These ships are built with too much iron." She fist pounded the hull.
"They are heavy, no?" Erint reasoned.
But before Karlie could reply, Aren had come back out with what looked like a pack. The skywoman (Aren) was all set to go.

"Good. We must go then, before the sun sets beyond the sight of the mountains."

Barely hearing the request of Karlie, when she was inside her ship, blaster clips did reach her ears. Grabbing the requested items she needed, a few clips were added to the bunch and Aren returned to the small party. The conversation between the other two women was muffled and she didn't feel she needed to listen in.

Handing the clips to Karlie, she nodded when she said she was as ready as she could be. Pointing to Red, she communicated with him to get him up in the air and watching the area around them.

"He will let us know if any more of those things you two fought decide to come back and follow us."

Gathering in a small circle, she heard the last question Erint asked and nodded. Knocking her hand against the hull, the ramp closed on its own and she turned to the native.

"They are very heavy. The technology inside is what helps keep them from crashing. Even that isn't perfect though, as you can see. If one comes out of a dive too close to the ground, then crashes happen. Like with Karlie and myself."

Shrugging her shoulders, Aren tipped her head to Erint.

"Lead the way, madame. C'mon EL. You'll be fine."

Karlie Lynn Destat

"Oh thank the heavens..." Karlie sighed with relief upon seeing one of the spare blaster clips Aren had managed to salvage from the ship, protruding out of her bag.

"Oh yes, please...give me, give me.." she pleaded like a child asking for candy. "...will feel so much better having a spare."
And she weren't kidding. In her haste to depart from her own crash site, she hadn't thought of packing spare magazines. But after her first experience with the nasty creatures this forsaken planet had, she realized that more firepower was number one priority if she or anyone here wanted to survive.

The small talk of starship tech and stuff were in reality a diversion so as not to dwell on doom and gloom... her current situation, that is. Well, it were Karlie's means of taking her mind off her present crisis anyway. Right at the moment though, she were just relieved in Aren giving her an extra charged blaster clip.
Just. that-

Just that, the clips were for DH-17 blasters. Karlie had the more compact personal side arm type...an RK-3.
The clips were not interchangeable.
"Oh shoot..." Karlie sighed after realizing the fact.

But she knew all were not lost. The blonde had indeed gone through Castan Marine training before she were inducted into the IBI bureau. She had learned that it were possible to drain the power out of one magazine into another, by mating/jumping the charge from one magazine into another. That of course would mean to take the clip out of her blaster to mate it with the other magazine. Right now, that was the last thing she wanted to do.
Karlie put away Aren's DH-17 mag into her satchel. She'd do the transfer when her own weapon's power depleted.

"Hey, wait up you!" she scurried on over between the two. Karlie had inadvertently fell behind a few paces tinkering with the clips.

Erint secured her shield and with spear in hand lead them back into the woods.

This time round, the entire party seemed to be on alert, looking about for the creatures. as thus, the initial going were slower as at times Erint gave the signal to halt, as she listened to the silence.
Aezons had little to no scent..at least if they were not wounded. Their blood was acidic, yet had no scent. But the organic plants and tissues that the aezon's blood dissolved, did. There was a certain, pungent odor to dissolved organic material.

Still, the silence or lack of such scent in the air didn't mean that there were no creatures about. It meant that they had to be alert to possible ambush at any given time. The aezons were efficient stalkers and hunters, much like Erint's people.

Halting in their trek had also benefitted the blonde as she seemed to have lagged behind in the beginning fiddling with what the other raven hair woman had given her. Erint understood that what they called magazines were for the energy weapons the two brandished. They were by far greater and efficient weapons than the one's Erint's people currently possessed. The energy weapons seemed to shoot out more than one fiery projectile, unlike the spears and blades that Erint's people currently used.

"Your weapons..." Erint had been thinking about them, ever since she witnessed what one were capable of when the blond used it to kill two of the creatures...
"... I see they are of iron ore, steel, similar in what my clan can fashion into knives and spears. Can you show us how to fashion such weapons of energy and fire like the ones you posses too?" She finally asked Aren, who seemed to be more attuned to her surroundings much like Erint were.
Erint during their trek had noticed much differences between her two sky companions. Aren seemed to possibly posses the dragon fire within her, like a ristar warrior...like that of Erint's people. The blond... well, not so much, or none at all.

If the truth were known, Aren really did not know much about the different blasters. She had her for many years and so far it had been just fine. In her mind, there was no need to upgrade or get anything better or stronger. She was pleased to make at least one person happy and started following Erint quickly. Not wanting to get left behind by their guide.

What she didn't notice right away was that Karlie had fallen behind. Luckily Red had and pointed it out to her. Turning back, she waved for the other woman to hurry up.

"Come on! I want to get there before dark...if possible."

Looking at Erint, she hoped she would wait for both of them.

At that moment, Karlie called for them to wait up anyway. So she did. Once she caught up, they continued their trek. Stopping now and then to allow the creatures to pass and they were able to avoid any further conflict with them. Aren kept her eyes open to try and catch sight of one. Only Red actually did and promised he would show it to her later.

Having that to look forward to, she listened as Erint asked her question. Raising a hand and rubbing her cheek in thought, she shook her head slowly.

"I think your culture has a very long way to go in terms of technology before something like this could be made. We might be able to create a weapon that is better than what you currently possess but not quite this good. I will need to see what your town is like and go from there."

While Aren was all for helping advance people, she also knew putting too much technology into some people's hands, might be too much at once. She would have to move slower than maybe Erint would want.

Erint Tel Set Erint Tel Set Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat

Her people had never entertained the concept of using force other than their own physical strength to propel a projectile.
But what these sky women possessed, seemed to do just that; propel what Erint perceived as molten iron at great distances. She had no idea it were a plasma energy bolt derived from a stored energy cell.
Still, the concept of propelling a deadly projectile at the aezons from greater distances could not be ignored.

"Perhaps you are right. The tooling to fashion such refined ironworks into intricate weapons may be beyond our current knowledge." Erint nodded, understanding that such weapons, like the starships by which had brought them down upon the earth were far beyond her clan's ability to fashion, much less understand.

"If later you could explain as to the means...how is it that such a small weapon can do so much using fire."
She asked, as it were what she took to understand, seeing it do what it did to the aezons which attacked her and the blonde sky woman.
"It would benefit all the clans in culling the aezons that keep us in the caves during their night hunts." Erint tried to explain. her kind had not left the safety of the caves since her kind could recall from the beginning of time, because of the creatures. It weren't so much for the adults, but to keep their younglings safe from the aezons.
Maybe Erint's people couldn't make what the sky women called blasters, but maybe they could fashion something more rudimentary (primitive shoulder mounted predator cannons) to complement their existing weaponry. Anything that could tip the balance between them and the creatures were always welcome. Maybe these sky women had befallen from the heavens to bring them such knowledge...

It had become apparent as she spoke with Aren that perhaps they would not arrive at Erint's coven before the sun set itself beyond the mountains.

"The sun is quickly dropping and soon it shall be hidden beyond the mountains before we shall reach my clan.
We must move much more quickly before the darkness falls, as the aezons will be much more in numbers when they hunt after nightfall." She explained, looking over to the blonde also. Karlie had fallen behind before and Erint didn't wish the blonde to be taken by the creatures to be used to gestate more aezons.

Also, as the sun were drawing closer to the horizon, the temperature started to drop. The nights on Kromas were very cold. Erint's kind had adapted to the changing climates and environment. Erint's kind could acclimate her own body temperature to the cold, melding into the surrounding environment. her kind could regulate body temperature from cold blooded to warm. It were also a means for adults like her to be able to camouflage so as the aezons could not sense them. Their younglings would not be able to master that till they were in their teens.

Almost letting out a sigh of relief when Erint agreed they probably weren't ready for this type of technology. Nodding when she said they could help advance their knowledge, that Aren would agree with.

"What is your technology like?"

The native kept mentioning iron and this confused Aren a bit. These weapons were far from simple iron. She didn't even know where to begin if they were only into an Iron Age. Turning to look at Karlie, she was wanting help with the situation and understanding what was going on. Crashlanding aside, she was still quite lost.

"Let's get a move on it! Red, keep an eye out for any of those creatures that attacked these two earlier. We don't need any sneaking up on us."

Pushing a button on the sleeve of her jacket, it started providing her some warmth for the night. At least, she had thought that far ahead and planned on different weather. Reaching into her bag of items, she took one out and held it out to Karlie.

"It's starting to get colder. You can borrow this if you want. Will we make it back to your cave before it gets dark? I'd rather not encounter these monsters...er vermin."

Keeping up with Erint, she hoped Karlie would do the same.

Karlie Lynn Destat

She had endured the cold of last night in her ship. But what of this night?
The system's star, as Erint pointed out, was fast descending behind the mountain range and with it came the bite of what was in store this upcoming night.

It must have been Karlie zipping up her jacket tight, which alerted Aren to Karlie's lack of adequate thermal protection as the temperature was dropping.
"Yes, I can feel it getting cold... I didn't think about layering up this morning when I left my ship.." Karlie started to explain her stupidity in thinking ahead, when Aren drew out a personal thermal compensator and offered her to use it

"Wow, you have one?... yes, of course I can use it..." were Karlie's first reaction.
"Uhm, you sure?...what about you?" she then asked before realizing Aren had already activated hers.
The younger woman was definitely thoughtful of others, Karlie were thinking.

"Thanks... you're a life saver..." Karlie then took the supplemental warming unit and placed it on the inside of her jacket aux pocket. It were where these heating units attached, distributing heat throughout the jacket. It was instant comfort as the winds had also picked up.

Karlie then motioned over to their guide Erint. the girl wasn't exactly dressed for the ensuing cold night which were quickly drawing upon them.
"Aren, what about her?" Karlie asked.
It was apparent that Erint wasn't dressed or prepared for the cold night either.

"Erint?...
Erint, hold up a sec." Karlie called her attention.
"Don't you have warm... uhm...furs or something to wear? it's getting quite cold again and fast." She asked, not knowing what both her and Aren could do or have that would provide warmth for the amazon like woman. Giving or sharing the heating device wouldn't work as it only worked with modern high tech clothing apparels. Erint seemed to be dressed in skins...animal skins and quite minimal at that for the type of climate. How did Erint handle the cold nights, dressed so light as she were, Karlie wondered.

It wasn't often Aren thought too far ahead in matters. Today was one of them. She did not like the thought of getting caught out on this mysterious world without something to stay warm in. Of course, if it got too warm, she did not have anything to help cool them off. Taking off clothing was always an option. Letting out a mental sigh, she smiled as Karlie accepted her extra jacket.

"You're welcome. We have to stick together and if keeping you warm accomplishes that, then you can keep it. Is your ship in any better condition than mine?"

When Karlie asked about their guide, she shook her head a little.

"She's a native here. I can only assume she knows how to keep warm. If not, then she is probably acclimated to the climate. Hopefully, that's the case."

Rubbing her arms with her hands, even though she was wearing the warmer, she almost shivered at the thought of being stranded without Erint. Keeping the three of them close, she listened to Karlie asking the other woman how she would keep warm.

If Aren was mistaken, then she would allow Erint the use of her jacket. A little cold wouldn't bother her too much.

Keen hearing were a predatory trait. It didn't require her to listen attentively as the two sky-women spoke to one another and she certainly could distinguish when they spoke about her.
Erint turned a second, smiling at the two as she lead them toward her coven. Their concern about her welfare drew Erint's attention and curiosity.

Apparently these two sky-women knew not how to meld into their surroundings, like regulate their body temperature like her people.
In a way it made some sense to Erint, as perhaps the heavens didn't have such things as earth, rock and plants that required them to meld with.

"Native...
I think I understand your meaning." She finally broke her silence. The two sky-women spoke of many strange things unknown to her, but the more she listened the more she were putting a lot of things together.
"It means I was born here." She said, seeing that it were as she thought the word meant. It resounded back to her in their smiles.

"I too can feel the cold, yes. But it is not uncomfortable to me in the same manner of which it is to you." It were obvious to her that they were uncomfortable as the two had sutured up their outer skin coverings (jackets) to keep out the cold of nightfall.

"You are different, fragile I think, while you are on this earth...but I sense you both are much the same as I." Erint of course meant the way the two were looking out for one another like Erint's own clan did. In many ways the two sky-women were very much like her..but more so like the younglings who needed much protection and looking out for until they would develop the skills and abilities of the adults.

"I will look out for the two of you..."
It were by this observation that Erint took to watch out for the two sky-women, for they had yet to acclimate to the surface. and ever changing temperatures of day and night.

"We should reach the coven before the moon is above our heads... maybe sooner if we can quicken our pace." True, she were leading them at a slower pace than normal. But it weren't so much for the younger raven hair female slowing them up, then the sun bright hair one.
The Karlie seemed less accustomed to trekking through the forest as the more agile Aren. Strange this was as Erint's kind as adults were more attuned than their younglings.
It were Erint's observation and not one of judgement. She knew that this world was no what they were accustomed too...like the lower plains of sand and sea that were two full moons distant south. Those lands without forests were different and not natural for Erint's people to acclimate to. They could not meld to the barren lands like they did with the forests.

"It's just over the last crest, before we reach the protection of the caves...our coven."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom