Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Gilaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Name: [SIZE=9pt]Gilaria[/SIZE]

Region: Outer Rim

System: [SIZE=9pt]Gilaruna[/SIZE]

Suns: G3 V Yellow (Yellow Dwarf Star), “[SIZE=9pt]Iom[/SIZE]

Orbital Position: 5th Planet from the Sun

Moons: One; Tsu // “The Great Spirit”

System Features: System includes one rock planet, three ice planets and one jovian planet, an additional ten moons

Coordinates: 2, 23 | West of [SIZE=9pt]Yalara[/SIZE] (xhttp://i.imgur.com/MlQak4H.png)

Rotational Period: 33 Hours

Orbital Period: 345 Days

Class: [SIZE=9pt]Terrestial[/SIZE]
Diameter: 12,616 KM
Atmosphere: Type I
Climate: Temperate to Tropical
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Ocean
Other Terrain: Patchy Islands, Swamps, Tidal Pools, Saltwater Lakes, Wetlands, Volcanic Islands, Caves and Rainforest-like Continent.

Native Species: [SIZE=9pt]Gilari[/SIZE] (Humanoids)

Immigrated Species: Humans, Selkath, Nautolan, Aqualish, and Herglic

Primary Languages: Basic, Golara Common, Golara Undercommon, Old Golara, Selkatha, Nautila, Aqualish, Herglese

Government: Confederacy; a union of sovereign states, united for purposes of common action often in relation to other states. Gilaria has recently become the Confederate States of Gilaria or CSG. The CSG appoints two chairs, and three co-chairs. CSG is made up of representatives from each of the ‘sovereign states.’ Representatives are voted by the general population once they reach the suitable voting age for their species.

Population: 2.3 Billion (9% Gilarian, 43% Selkath, 16% Nautolan, 12% Human 7% Aqualish, 7% Herglic, 6% Other)

Demonym: [SIZE=9pt]Gilarians[/SIZE]

Major Imports: Building Materials, Technology, Water, Foodstuffs, Melee Weapons, and Armor

Major Exports: [SIZE=9pt]Gilarian Kolto, Textiles, Seafood, Clothing, Medicine. Lightsaber Crystals; [/SIZE]Velmor, Viridian and Ultima Pearls

Affiliation: Independent

Major Locations:

• Hrakert - Capital of Gilaria, named for the Hrakert Rift of Manaan, most of the Selkath live here. This is situated off the coast of Mwgorsi, on the island of Senegas. This is where a large portion of the old Selkath flotilla was disassembled and rebuilt into the first Hrakert colony.

• Namadii - A great trade city and home to the Nautolan population, it sits on the largest island ([SIZE=9pt]Mawhu[/SIZE]) on the archipelago.

• Troidet[SIZE=9pt] - Home to the Aqualish, the Aqualish live on the other side of Mwgorsi[/SIZE] where saltwater lakes, wetlands and swamps are prominent.

• Alouten - Home to the Great Tsu Starport, Alouten sits in the Guomoan Sea, Alouten is considered one the most diverse cities on the planet. It is home to whoever wish to call it so, Alouten is overseen by a mixture of Humans, Selkath and Nautolans.

• Obariago - The [SIZE=9pt]Golara Common name for the main (largest) ocean that stretches between [/SIZE]Mwgorsi and Arcedian.

• Arcendian[SIZE=9pt] - An archipelago with over seven thousand islands that is the largest collection of land, next to the continent Mwgorsi[/SIZE].

• Vorthal[SIZE=9pt] - Great Underwater Chasm, source of Gilarian[/SIZE] Kolto. A weaker variation of Kolto that does little for wounds but can be used to create anti-biotics.

• Mwgorsi[SIZE=9pt] - The only continent on Gilaria[/SIZE], has a tropical climate with rainforest-type terrain toward the north, and a more humid temperate climate toward the south with the geography climate lending itself to create saltwater lakes.

• Calimsgrad - Situated atop the [SIZE=9pt]Vellscar[/SIZE] Mountains, Calimsgrad is home to the main human population which is splintered between the mountains people, the shore peoples and the jungle peoples.

• Diantog - Off the coast of Hrakert, this is where the Herglics call home it was once the site of Dawnwater Oceanscraper. The Herglics have expanded to reclaim other oceanscrapers as their own as well.

• Mearath - Perhaps the most notable underwater city, as it was once an arboretum when the Selkath came upon it. Mearath has since been restored and it is where the Gilarians live, although they’ve since expanded to restore and build other underwater living facilities.

Culture: Gilaria’s culture can be summed up as free will to an extent. For most, life here is simple, work, recreation, home repeat. Others focus on criminal activity which depending on the state the rate of said activity can be higher or lower. The newly formed CSG has stated maintained that basic shall be the commonly spoken language as it is a must to learn in order to trade outside of Gilaria. Next to that, they require citizens to learn Selkatha and a secondary ‘native’ language be it Herglese, Aqualish, Nautila or one of the planets other language such as Golara Common, or Undercommon if you are to spend time in one of the underwater cities.

Society here is not free of prejudice or hate, as much as Gilaria likes to tout itself out as a place of inclusiveness and tolerance. There are portions of the people who wish to claim the entire planet for themselves such as staunch old-world, old-Galactic Empire believers from the Humans, and Selkath who believe in a pure Gilaria to match their own world of Manaan. Places like Alouten have become beacons of hope where working together, progress and freedom of life have become the values of the modern Gilarian as they say.

Confederate States of Gilaria, was recently formed to reflect the self-segregated world. Each species seems to have claimed a portion of the old Golara for itself. If one were to say this came out about with ease, you would be wrong. The CSG was a long time coming, after battles between species, protests for peace, and marches for tolerance, inclusion and acceptance from the people of the Leylan as well as circles for hope in the Oan. The CSG was created as a unified planetary voice so that Gilaria could participate on the galaxy’s stage once more. The people of Gilaria vote for their representatives and in turn the representatives appoint the three co-chairs and two chairs. If the people of Gilaria feel that those appointed to not reflect their values - they can issue a recall notice. The number or representatives a state has is determined by the population of said state, Gilaria is a multi-party system which includes the Independent party, the Imperial party, the Alliance party, the Workers party and the Republican party. Gilaria's judicary system can overturn legislature via courtcases that challenge them. The National Gilarian Judicary Committee consists of seven judges appointed by the chairs and co-chairs, judges serve three-year terms and must run for re-election.

Arts like beauty is in the eye of the beholder and while some may behold art, others behold trash or a waste of time. Gilaria is a world that tends to float more on the analytical side of the galaxy, however; it is not without its own unique brand of art. Art often imitates life, and on Gilaria a phase of impressionism has swept through many of the painters. Sculptures look to make modern statements while others look to make their mark elsewhere on the world. Museums devoted to the arts are found mostly in human sectors of the planet, although Nautolans and Selkath have at least one to their credit (each). The fine arts are almost exclusively human, but like any other art, non-humans are making their way into the Gilarian film and theater industry hoping to share their stories.

Swoop bike racing is a big thing on Gilaria, a Manaan past time that was carried over by the Selkath. Surprisingly neither of the immigrated races have won a swoop bike race, at least not since the creation of NGRL (National Gilarian Racing League) which includes all forms of intergalactically recognized racing. Huttball is also a past time here as well as Sabacc and Pazaak which are regulated and overseen by the NGGC (National Gilarian Gambling Commission). Many attribute the rise in crime to the legalization of gambling and the creation of the Commission.

NGDF or the National Gilarian Defense Force, comprised of navy and army forces. The NGDF requires a minimum of two years of service from each citizen when they reach the appropriate age to do so for their species. After the mandatory two years citizens may choose to remain in the defense force as active duty or reserve, or resign all together. The NGDF was recently created as of 844ABY, prior to the mandatory draft the NGDF was a volunteer military. The decision for drafting was made to counteract the forces of the First Order, the Galactic Alliance or the Kathol Outback should either of the three decide to invade.

Religion is a touchy subject as each species as their own beliefs, and for some of the population no beliefs at all. As such, it was decided by the CSG that freedom of religion was a must. At this time there is no official state religion and most likely there will not be an official state religion.

Technology: Space; characterized by hyperspace travel, droids, blasters, and high-efficiency industry. Planets at this level are often integrated into the galactic economy and produce may goods for export as well as import goods. Gilaria with help from the Selkath and other immigrated species is now once again trading and interacting with the galaxy at large once more.

History:
Rebuilding anything can be hard, rebuilding your life, your goals and sometimes even yourself. Rebuilding a community, a nation or a planet - can take a lot longer. [SIZE=9pt]Gilaria[/SIZE] was one of the places in dire need of rebuilding.

Before the Gulag Plague struck, and before the Centuries of Darkness. [SIZE=9pt]Gilaria was once a proud, spacefaring civilization with [/SIZE]oceanscrapers that seemed to extend from the depths of the Oan or the Ocean and far out beyond the surface and toward Tsu herself, or the Great Spirit. The chain of patchwork islands and archipelagos that now craft their way around the planet had once been whole forming the second continent that had once been part of a supercontinent. Spaceports readily accepted newcomers to the world often inviting them in for more than just a layover stop on their way to other parts of the Galaxy.

And then the Plague. The Gulag Plague hit fast and it Gilaria hard, sweeping across the entire Outer Rim, Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. Once a beacon of theocratic rule, the Gilarians fell into disarray Tsu had abandoned them in their hour of need. With a little over half of their population succumbing to the disease while another quarter of the population the ones still deemed healthy. Broke away from the main sect of the species, building for themselves their own quarantined place of living. Far beneath the Oan, far from the Leylan or the Land and far from Tsu the Great Spirit in the Sky.

When the last of the surface dwelling Gilarian had passed, the planet was silenced. Her once proud oceanscrapers and lush spaceports, decayed. Reclaimed by the Leylan to once more become part of his will, one by one over the next four hundred years the Oan grew stronger and taking with him all that had made Gilaria, great. It was this that the Selkath found when they arrived with their own migratory flotilla, comprised of aged Mon Cal and Republic vessels. Here, here they found a world covered so vastly by the Oan that they swore it was as if Manaan had reached out to touch them.

Hesitant, the Selkath sent down a few scouting parties and how they marvelled at what was left behind. The Gulag Plague had torn life from this planet and the Selkath knew that with time and effort they could restore the planet to greatness once more. However the most concerning for the Selkath was that of their kolto a unique plant that grew only on Manaan. Hidden in their flotilla were kolto seeds, seeds of life - seeds that would make Gilaria their own, their own homeworld. Returning to the flotilla scouts laid out places to settle, the singular continent Mwgorsi. Hobbled from what they could roughly translate from the Old Golara, as it turned out the Old Golara tongue shared a few of its linguistics traits with Selkatha.

Over the next few years, the Selkath expanded collecting and piecing together the planet’s past. Learning that they were not the first of their kind to arrive on Gilaria. Years, and years ago in the time of Revan, the Selkath had been there interacting with the Gilarians. In fact, the Empire had once held an outpost here as well, unfortunately; evidence of the latter had been taken by the Oan. Still, the problem remained for the Selkath that their kolto would need a suitable environment in which to grow. To do this the Selkath sent scientific and exploration teams across Gilaria and to their surprise they found - beneath the waves, far down along the caverns an old, and dying city.

The Gilarians numbers had dwindled to a few hundred perhaps even less. Selkath took pity on the race and made it their mission to assist them, and in return the Gilarians gratefully assisted the Selkath in finding a way to allow the kolto to grow within Gilaria’s own underwater chasms. In the meantime, the Gilarians came to assist the Selkath with alternative medicines using herbs native to the world. Selkath invited the Gilarians to the surface, however; by now the light of the surface would blind the native population and so with help the Gilarians rebuilt their underwater cities and that is where they remain, while still assisting the Selkath. Archaeological teams, and botany teams worked together to see if the Selkath of the past had tried to recreate kolto all those centuries ago.

Turns out, they had - unsuccessfully. Gilarian scientists examined the information themselves and noted that Vorthal a great underwater chasm had served for the Selkath of the past. Taking a submersible vessel the teams traveled to Vorthal. Vorthal had been able to grow kolto, although not nearly as potent as its Manaan cousin, the Gilarian Kolto would still be able to assist with disease in the form of medicine; anti-biotics.

Unfortunately, neither teams would have enough time to do any more research on the Gilarian Kolto as the Netherworld struck at the galaxy at large. The Gilarians who were so few in number before, suffered greatly much to the Selkath’s horror who themselves felt great losses feared extinction for the Gilarians. When Netherworld was over and some of the Gilarians managed to return, they returned with a renewed vigor and the wish to see the surface of their homeworld once more. Bravely, they left the safety of their underwater homes and sought the surface world. Here they discovered that the Selkath had not been the only ones to settle here, Nautolans, Humans, Herglics and Aqualish had all come to call Gilaria home.

So they wondered how it was they had not met nor seen any of these other species. The Herglics for example did not dive to the levels that the Gilarians lived and settled for the once strong oceanscrapers. Humans had taken up living on the main Leylan itself. Crafting great villages, towns and even cities with the Selkath and Herglic barring entry into Gilarian waters. Nautolans too took up residence along the Leylan although they preferred to be by the Oan and thus were along the archipelagos. Aqualish seemed to roam about the saltwater lakes, wetlands and swamps as it suited them just fine. Other species, Gamorrean, Twi’leks, Nitko, Itorhians and even Rodians were seen along the Leyland and other patches of the Ley. Leaving much of the Oan to the Gilarians, Selkath and Herglics it seemed.

The once great spaceports of Gilaria were being reconstructed, as the peoples of the Gilaria worked to create something more stable. Their own makeshift ports were deconstructed and their supplies sent to remake old Gilarian architect. And so returning to their underwater homes, the brave Gilarians who had left came back to note that with help their blindness could be eased. A special type of eyeware would enable them to see on land crafted for the Gilarians by a team of Herglic, Selkath and Human scientists. They told of the new peoples, and spoke of the oceanscrapers and starports and the revival of Gilarian technology. Not every Gilarian was happy to hear that this change had come about, but more of them were ecstatic, and overjoyed. After years of darkness, fear and desolation, the planet that they had heard so much about had yearned for was now once more; home.

Home, a home can be rebuilt. Whether it is yourself, your house, your community or your planet, with time and with hope anything is possible. It is this that the [SIZE=9pt]Gilarians[/SIZE] taken from the centuries of isolation, from the years of fear, of remembering that no matter how great and no matter how small; you can rebuild.

Notable PCs: N/A

Intent: My original intent was to just sub a planet with kolto, I actually had no idea what subbing a planet would entail. Throughout the work put into the submission I thought about my intent and the more I waited on working on it the more I thought. Time went by and my original intent was gone, so this planet is being submitted by me for the intent of doing it. Of gaining the experience for it but moreover, to provide a world that had the same kind of feel I had when I played the first Knights of the Old Republic. When I first went to Manaan, I’ve spent months looking at artwork with the intention of submitting with them with this planet. And as I looked through the more I thought I should have another look at the kolto bit I was so on for.

The more I read on kolto the more I realized I could probably never really get the true item outside of Manaan but I could create something like a cousin. After all a lot of our own flora adapted when moved out of their own native environments and that was the thought process behind making the Gilarian variant. It’s not as effective for the intended use that KoTOR has you make of it. This Gilarian kolto is intended to be something that can be used for other healing purposes after some processing, of course.

So as I worked on the submission, I thought once more on my intent. I’ve made cities for the First Order and I’ve even submitted a village recently. A planet though, a planet was my challenge it seemed like a big scary thing when I first encountered the template but now I’m sort of proud to have gotten through it all. My intent is to create a custom world for members of the First Order, and of SWRP to play about in, explore and have fun.

Note: Species submission for the [SIZE=9pt]Gilarians[/SIZE] to come later.

I can see a lot of thought and work went into this. The result became a culturally diverse planet, rich in history and culture, with a tragic native species that nearly faced extinction and now return only to find that their planet is no longer their own. I'd encourage you to submit the kolto variant you speak of through Factory. Other than that suggestion, which you are free to ignore as Factory is optional, I can see nothing left here for me to do but stamp this.

Approved, pending secondary

[member="Mahet"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom